Fiverr notifications that annoy me / seem pointless. 2 Polls. What do you think?

williambryan392

Fiverr notifications that annoy me / seem pointless. 2 Polls. What do you think?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you turn off the '12 hours until delivery is due' reminder notification if you could?

• Yes, I'd turn it off.
    • No, I'd leave it on.
  2. 2. Would you turn off the 'review order requirements' reminder notification if you could?

• Yes, I'd turn it off.
    • No, I'd leave it on.

• williambryan392 changed the title to Fiverr notifications that annoy me / seem pointless. 2 Polls. What do you think?
11 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I am very curious to see if ANYONE will say NO to any of these. 

Ditto! Let's see though, a decent amount of fiverr users do consistently manage to surprise me 🤣 

Hopefully if there are enough votes then maybe, just maybe we can get it changed... 🙏

Edited by williambryan392
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Maybe newbie sellers? Although I voted that I would turn off the 12-hour notifications, it was helpful when I was a newbie seller and accidentally set my delivery times to 1 day on a couple of orders (usually I require 5 days or more). In those cases, it helped me to quickly extend the deliveries through the Resolution Center.  But as a new seller, I wasn't paying strict attention to delivery times and dates as I do now. 

11 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

As the title suggests, I personally find these notifications unhelpful. They are spam / noise to me.

What do you think?

Agreed! I think my Gmail has turned into a Fiverr notification collection box that I just delete every night. I probably delete 15-20 emails a day from Fiverr notifications. I even tried to turn off all the other notifications in the settings, but they still keep coming! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I hope so. I dislike these emails so much, they eat up time that I don't have to spare.. so hopefully we do make a change. 

As a side note, I am still waiting for the 2x to 20x gig multiples to be stopped, the bane of my existence...

• Like 12

Yes THIS. I find the 'review the requirements now' especially annoying, because when I look at them on my phone it apparently doesn't register. So I basically get this notification (that's pointless to begin with) TWICE. Which doubles both the annoying part, and pointless part 🤪

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Interesting! If anything I'd have figured as a new seller you'd be doubly attentive / excited having got your first order / few orders in

Well ... (*guilty*😅)

Since both the buyer and I agreed to 5 days, it was written in the text of the order as 5 days, and I was SURE I set the delivery dates to 5 days, I would just happily jump in and start working on the order without even thinking to check the timer on the order. Then the 12-hour alert would come in and I would go into a panic since it was completely unexpected.

• Like 7

I voted No. 🙂 

Just wanted to go against the odds. 😛 

But on a serious note: as long as Fiverr is dealing with sellers who are either inexperienced or straight up incompetent, we will need to deal with all these “handholding” notifications from Fiverr.

Personally I don’t mind the “12 hours to go” notification, as I rarely get it myself.

As for the other one, it annoys the crap out of me because I get it despite the fact that I send an automated welcome/confirmation message within 2 minutes of receiving an order.

Seems like you still get it even if you respond to an order immediately.

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I voted No.

Damn you @frank_d, damn you! 😂

22 minutes ago, frank_d said:

who are either inexperienced or straight up incompetent

Maybe I'm too harsh, but if you can't keep a deadline then maybe you're in the wrong game. It's like plug sockets, we don't have warning signs written on them, and yes you have to teach children not to put their tongue or a fork in them, but if an adult is dim enough to do so, well, that's just natural selection to me.

Fiverr needs to weed out these incompetent individuals IMO.

24 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Yep you do, you can even get it after you've delivered the gig. Fun!

38 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Well ... (*guilty*😅)

Lol fair enough!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, williambryan392 said:

I’m pushing for more educational programs for sellers. Fiverr is testing out several ideas at the same time, all of them target newbies and hope to make them more successful.

But you can’t reach/teach everyone.

While they wouldn’t weed them out, there are also a few other concepts in the works that will create some sort of barrier for bad actors. 😉 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

I may not be anyone, but I am someone who voted no on the 12-hour notice. I guess this notice is not annoying because I set my delivery time for one day more than I think I may need. That way, I feel safer if something unforeseen comes up. Plus, the 12-hour notice is a 'prod' for when I get a bit behind and may stray into the less than 12-hours to deliver space. Then my goal is to beat the notice! 🏃‍♀️

I also voted no for the 'review order requirements.' notification because I lead a busy life outside of Fiverr, and I need the notice to make sure I have not forgotten to reply to an order. Most of my orders result from custom offers, so I already know the requirements. However, the buyers often do not accept the offer straight away, so I like the reminder when the order comes in, and I am not at my computer.

43 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I do not think I do? 🤔

44 minutes ago, frank_d said:

either inexperienced or straight up incompetent,

I do not consider myself to be either one!

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I’m pushing for more educational programs for sellers

This would be great, and again maybe I'm too harsh, but jeez, if you need to be taught why deadlines are important then I kinda give up. I think fiverr does do an ok job of teaching and providing some resources already though, and there are so many free resources out there that if you want to get better there's nothing stopping you. I just think some people want to be spoon fed.

Anyway, something like teaching sellers to ask the right questions though and creatively challenge what a buyer wants so as to give them a better end result would be a great thing to teach. Effectively like sales training.

Or perhaps just basic business language education, like avoiding 'bro', '???' and writing in CAPS. 

7 minutes ago, frank_d said:

create some sort of barrier for bad actors

This would also be great. Think @newsmike talked of an idea of a monthly fee, or a gig listing fee for example. Maybe the first gig is free, and it's just a dollar a month for each gig after that. Just thinking aloud.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I do not consider myself to be either one!

Not sure why you thought that statement was targeting TRS, but OK.

11 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I do not think I do? 🤔

I get them regardless of whether or not I respond to an order or not.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

I did. As you're probably even more curious about the reason, I'll share it. I mostly work via custom offers, and often, I don't get direct orders for a while, so, sometimes, I'm "surprised" by those, and they tend to be 24h orders, so an additional "12 hours" notification makes it less possible that I'll miss a "surprise order" in my blissful "great, I have 5 days for this, 7 for that, and 30 days for that order, and the weather is lovely, let's go for a long walk" stupor. 😉 

About the same reason for the "check requirements" notification, working mostly via custom offers, I typically know and have everything I need already before sending the custom offer, but sometimes, customers add something, and a reminder to check that doesn't hurt. 

Generally, those notifications bother me far, far less than all the spam, as I can just ignore them, when I know everything is fine.

I'm all for giving users customizing options, though!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Agreed! I think my Gmail has turned into a Fiverr notification collection box that I just delete every night. I probably delete 15-20 emails a day from Fiverr notifications. I even tried to turn off all the other notifications in the settings, but they still keep coming! 

That's a good point, but I set up a new Gmail when I started with Fiverr, exclusively for Fiverr and related things, so I can just ignore and let them accumulate, without getting even close to the storage limit so far, and if I do, I'll mass-delete. For actually letting myself be notified, I rely on the app, not the mail, I only check that mail to actively check for things like the mails that tell me that my withdrawal went through, and to PP, and such.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

Not sure why you thought that statement was targeting TRS, but OK.

I did not think it was targeting TRSs. I thought the statement targeted the ⬇️.

2 hours ago, frank_d said:

inexperienced or straight up incompetent,

I am neither, yet I voted to keep the notifications.

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

You've been waiting forever for this!

Fiverr staff knows about it, according to Frank, so hopefully it's a matter of time. I still don't see why there are lots of features, including the 20x thing and the notifications that sellers can't turn off. I don't think it's so complicated to have a way to stop/start a feature like this..

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, frank_d said:

As for the other one, it annoys the crap out of me because I get it despite the fact that I send an automated welcome/confirmation message within 2 minutes of receiving an order.

Yep, that one annoys me too. They both annoy me, because I deliver most orders within a few days, sometimes faster, so I constantly receive this type of notifications. Everywhere else you can stop notifications, hopefully Fiverr will add this too at some point. I for one, don't need any of these notifications and they are a chore to deal with every day.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I did not think it was targeting TRSs. I thought the statement targeted the ⬇️.

I am neither, yet I voted to keep the notifications.

I think you took my post out of context or linked it to the OP’s poll directly.

Whatever this is, I didn’t make a blanket statement about how only the inexperienced/incompetent will vote to keep them.

I am definitely not saying that.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

This is best illustrated by all the threads that go as follows:

3 Great New Seller Tips to get fast order.

1. Deliver the job.

2. Don't be late.

3. Communicate with buyer.

And the following 100 responses with minds blown; such as .

"Wow, amazing"

"Great information to learn."

"Thanks so much for valuable information."

It is like some people's first day on the planet. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

This would also be great. Think @newsmike talked of an idea of a monthly fee, or a gig listing fee for example. Maybe the first gig is free, and it's just a dollar a month for each gig after that. Just thinking aloud.

Then you would have 50,000,000 bad, free gigs. As long as anyone who doesn't even know that delivering on time is good can set up a free account, there will be these problems with the quality and image of Fiver. After all, if you can sign up with no skills, no ambition and no business sense, while having nothing to lose because you have invested nothing, then that is what we get. Current model is a race to the bottom. Pay to sell would be the only fix that I can see. Like I've said many times before, this is why McDonald's franchises are not handed out free. They are heavily vetted, and even then, very expensive, to insure that the  franchisee does not embarrass the brand, thereby hurting profitability.  A dollar a month is an insufficient barrier. Needs to be something along the lines of $100 per month, per gig, minimum, probably much more for TRS/PRO. Fiverr, please start charging us to hold seller accounts! If you build it, the quality sellers will happily pay it, the ones who won't invest $100 per month in a business, will, and should exit. Is Fiverr better off with 500,000 quality sellers, or 500,000 quality sellers fighting for visibility with 50,000,000 low quality, sellers?

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 7

I don't mind the on-site notifications much, but I truly wish there was a way to stop the emails! My email inbox has 20+ messages in it daily from Fiverr that I do not need. Makes it difficult to find the ones I do need sometimes.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 7