We cannot normalize cyberbullying, hate, racism and abuse on this forum ​ 🚫 ​

nikavoice

23 minutes ago, melanielm said:

He is banned on Fiverr, right? Not just the forum? I hope the company takes a strong stand against sellers like that, too, even if they can't actively harass people on here.

He is banned on Fiverr but he made a new account. He got banned instantly because he came swinging with cuss words.

But he may just keep making more accounts.

Maybe they can ban his IP ? Don’t know.

I have notified forum admin and we are aware of the problem.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, frank_d said:

The user in question started creating alt accounts and already messaged me on Fiverr, calling me names and fantasizing about my mother.

Wow. I knew he was going to open another account πŸ˜”. Unbelievable. Well, I guess we'll hear from him soon. Different name, same drama.Β 

Β 

Geez.Β  I take my wife out of town for a few days for her birthday and the forums break into WW III.Β  Hopefully the efforts of @frank_dand the Fiverr team will help keep this guy out of the sandbox.

Maybe a positive note, I told the story of this guy to my wife, and she nicknamed him Rant-Man, because she knows one of my favorite MCU characters is Ant-Man.Β  So maybe I will give someone their first $5 order and see if I can get a caricature of Rant-Man.Β 

4 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I just looked and if his profile is still here. Plus, he was active 49 minutes ago.

As I explained Vickie, banning a user on Fiverr does not make his forum account disappear.

As I wasn’t the one who banned the user in the end, I don’t know if they also clicked on the option to restrict access altogether.

Β 

20 minutes ago, cs_evans said:

Maybe a positive note, I told the story of this guy to my wife, and she nicknamed him Rant-Man, because she knows one of my favorite MCU characters is Ant-Man.Β  So maybe I will give someone their first $5 order and see if I can get a caricature of Rant-Man.Β 

Rant-man was bested by Ban-os, the mad titan.

6 hours ago, words_to_wow said:

Wow. I knew he was going to open another account πŸ˜”. Unbelievable. Well, I guess we'll hear from him soon. Different name, same drama.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Same, I'm not surprised at all. 😏After reading what @frank_dsaid happened him, oh my word. It's truly sick and demented. 😧 I'm sorry Frank.  SMH! 🀒

Things shouldn't have gone this far. This is why if anyone is going through struggles/fighting demonsΒ πŸ‘Ί in life social media is not the tool to air out problems or seek help. Sometimes the issue runs too deep for anyone to help. Getting the proper care, therapy, support, healing and counseling is highly recommended.Β 

Β 

Please, listen to Frank and don't engage him. 🍍

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, cs_evans said:

she nicknamed him Rant-Man

First of all, your wife is a genius. Please say hi to her.
Next, I need to hire a voice actor/video creator to make a fake movie preview of Rant-Man.Β 

Something like:

The hero nobody asked for. Rant-Man, coming to theaters far away from you this summer.

Well someone come in Forum to discuss some issues and end up with an account ban (just an overly simplified version). This isn't a happy thing to celebrate. I think we should stop discussions that point to some particular user.Β 

4 hours ago, frank_d said:

a movie?Β 

This movie makes me upset, sorry.Β 

People react to things differently and I get that 100%, personally I don't see anyone making fun of this particular individual, it's more like taking the
situation and having fun of it. The movie trailer and the voice over for me was a fun and fresh breath of air, and simply showed me someone's creativity.

In fact a lot of people were showing concern and even felt sorry for the guy. I felt pity for him too in fact, but if a person who was making rude remarks towards someone constantly and got banned, for me personally that's something to be happy about. Or maybe "pleased" is the right word.

No. This can’t be happening.

I feel like the kid at batting practice. Pitch after speedball pitch. Cracking the whirling Β missiles of cork and rubber out to face their maker. With every full thrusted swing, visualizing the big game. The imaginary crowd. The sheer excitement that explodes with my triumphant smashing of the ball. Popcorn suspends mid-air, held by slow motion and the smiles tattoo themselves on the onlookers as though those grins may live forever. Β Β 
Β 

And when game day arrives, I’m sick in bed.Β 
Β 

I have trained in the fiverrian dojo for so long. So many years spent walking the flimsy tightrope between humor and cruelty. Learning my beautiful craft of ToS observant annihilation. Like a ninja with a day pass, I’ve skewered the complainers. The self obsessed. The impatient. The big mouthed. The repetitive. The mean spirited. The self mutilated. The falsely emboldened. I tore them to bits. Kibbles and bits (I’m equally good at both).Β 

What’s that you say? Hypocrisy, you say?Β 
Β 

Only if it’s top shelf.Β 

Their threads hang like the great heads of beasts on my walls.Β I mean, not really. My wife’s awesome art hangs on my walls. I’m not actually a β€œsave what I said in a forum” guy. Β Look, I’m just winging it here.Β 
Β 

Ahem (cues the gravely voice) … 
Β 

… But in my heart, their souls live inside those paintings. Trapped. Broken. Torn. They call out to me… 

β€œTommy,” they say, β€œyour awesome jokes have shown me the error of my ways. You lowered me. Humbled me. I can change. Let me back.” 
Β 

And I pretend to contemplate. Disingenuously hesitate. With a muted tone and a faint gust of fever, I reply … 

β€œShut up painting ghosts. I’m trying to watch Seinfeld.” 
Β 

All these small victories. They mean nothing. All these scars are but faded marks. Deformities that mock me. Medals that have no meaning.Β 
Β 

Because I wasn’t there when game day finally arrived.Β 
Β 

I … this perfect weapon of unscripted madness and hyperbolic morality, trained to believe that my thread decimation could restore virtue and honor … Β I wasn’t here when the enemy arrived. I … with the years of hurling the wicked through double-speak tunnels, linguistic mushed death chambers and verbal dressings-down, so real, that I exposed people’s forum underwear … I wasn’t here.Β 
Β 

All that work.Β 
Β 

β€œWork” might be strong. I meant β€œall that being silly to jerk faces on fiverr forum.” 
Β 

All those instances where admins looked away and thought, β€œyeah, but we better keep him just in case Satan shows up and he needs a good talking to.” 
Β 

All of it for nothing.
Β 

For nothing. I could have ripped this guy to shreds. Shred of shreds. And danced over it like parade confetti. Further than I’d ever gone before … and this time, Johnny Ringo, it woulda been legal.Β 
Β 

I’ve let you all down. As such, I herby relinquish my β€œFiverr forum Action Figure Attire.” 
Β 

One pair of ray-bans. Check.Β 
One Karate Kid headband. Check.Β 
One t-shirt with the slogan, β€œThe Horror.” Check.Β 
Β 

One Walkman, forever playing β€œTake on me.” 
Β 

Check.Β 
Β 

But before I go, it’s not like a didn’t give you guys that giant spotlight. Ya know the one. It’s like the Batsignal, but it’s just a coffee cup with steam. I was fairly clear about that, β€œthis signal will trick me every time - because I have an inherent need to track down anything that might result in coffee.” 
Β 

I’m grasping. I know. And so I must go. But, if ever darkness should fall upon fiverr city again. Look to the sky. With the foggiest mind and the wildest of willing gazes, you might just find me. For I am β€œCaff-man.” 
Β 

It’s a working name. These things take time.Β 
Β 

Editors Note:Β 

I really hate to hear that some wonky stuff went down. Hopefully everyone’s cool and no one is actually judging the temperament of this forum - or it’s guardians - on the actions of one nut-basket. It’s an unenviable task to maintain whatever brand of normalcy that can be found in any forum. Fiverr has one of the most civil, most caring, most human forums of its size. Especially considering the nature of its revolving door.Β 
Β 

Most days, the harshest criticism this place receives is about repetitive content. At worst, it’s typically bad advice. Β Not too shabby when we consider the utter lawlessness that makes up the content in most joints. Β 

That’s no excuse or to downplay the events of a guy who basically terrorized people here. And I’m absolutely serious when I say, I would have used that guys whole day making him shadow box his own demons for our amusement.Β 
Β 

Still, when the typical flow of a big forum is working so well that just one lunatic can get recognition, that’s pretty rare.Β 
Β 

Rare and no less disgusting.Β 

I’ve been here for years and this is one of the most β€œshocking” events. But anywhere else - anger, even gross anger, isn’t really all that shocking. More than anything, that’s a commentary on how decently we all treat each other.Β 

Β 

I mean, when I’m not making fun of someone for asking for tips in marketing when they have marketing gigs.Β 
Β 

Other than that, we’re a pretty awesome experiment in what happens when goal oriented people talk openly. That’s pretty great.

The world’s not on fire. Not yet anyways and we kind of prove that. We don’t need the ratings, so there’s no sense in us televising how horrific things β€œmight be” here. They’re not. Not here anyways, so let’s not soon our way into it. I dig that this place is absent of that.
Β 

And one person doesn’t get to make us think that the sky is falling.

I mean, his sky is just about cascading right now. But that sky doesn’t dictate the weather for the rest of us. Β 

I hope some of the dumb headed things I said made you laugh. If so, that’s awesome - because I’m at no lack of dumbheaded things to say.Β 
Β 

Apparently, I had a lot of them to say about this.Β 

20 hours ago, wp_kid said:

Well someone come in Forum to discuss some issues and end up with an account ban (just an overly simplified version). This isn't a happy thing to celebrate.

I think the ban is definitely a happy thing to celebrate. It is very good to know that Fiverr takes decisive and hopefully permanent action against someone so disruptive and abusive.

4 hours ago, damooch916 said:

And one person doesn’t get to make us think that the sky is falling.

I mean, his sky is just about cascading right now. But that sky doesn’t dictate the weather for the rest of us. Β 

I hope some of the dumb headed things I said made you laugh. If so, that’s awesome - because I’m at no lack of dumbheaded things to say.Β 
Β 

Ah, my friend @damooch916, I loved everything you wrote. But these three lines stuck with me. And your dumheaded things did make me laugh.

Β 

Archived