We cannot normalize cyberbullying, hate, racism and abuse on this forum ​ 🚫 ​

nikavoice

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/11/2022 at 7:51 PM, nikavoice said:

First & foremost. I’ll start by saying I hope everyone is doing well, staying safe and healthy. 🙂

OIP.wuZRiiViCjixOOpA1wclsAHaD4?pid=ImgDe

I haven’t been active on this forum for a long time. But coming back to check out the newness of the forum. Then reading some of the posts/commentary was disheartening. I’ve been seeing people, especially women getting called awful and unimaginable things. Users subjected to racial epithets. People are being harassed on the forum and on the main Fiverr website. But yet the perpetrator(s) still get to have free reign to continue to abuse users?

What kind of message is this really sending? 

As a melanin and proud woman. It was appalling reading the message that user sent to another melanin user @words_to_wow. I’m sorry this happened to you. You are an amazing woman, and you deserve to be treated with decency and respect.

Racism, xenophobia, homophobia, cyberbullying, and misogyny are disgusting. Many social media platforms are taking the necessary actions to stop this madness. What is Fiverr doing? 

This is a work-related environment. 

@frank_d made an executive decision to ban a user for cyberbullying and hatred towards others. Pretty much a user breaking forum rules/community guidelines. I understand that Frank was told not to ban a user, but he had to put a stop to the madness, and I commend him for doing so. Even if his decision was overturned. If I was in Frank's position; I would’ve done the same thing without thinking twice.👏🏽

How many free passes does one get?! 

In the world we live in. Hate crimes are on the rise.

People should never be harassed because of their skin color; race, or religious beliefs, etc.

Okay, I’ve written a novel. But you get my point. I had to get this off my chest. I’ll stop here with these parting words. We cannot allow ourselves to become desensitized to hate crimes. This is not about, you but US. 

I recommend everyone to read https://samploon.com/free-essays/racism/ because this way you will be able to understand the seriousness of the problem and why we all need to deal with it. This resource contains a lot of valuable content and will be especially useful for students, because there they can get qualified learning assistance

I want to hear how the Fiverr Forum Moderation and as a Platform will protect users from these types of abuses. 

I understand that this may not be relevant now, but I want to say that this is a very sad situation and it is good that it has been resolved.
It is interesting to know if there were new precedents after the ban of a person who violated the rules of the forum and insulted other participants. 

Racism and any other form of discrimination is an evil that has no place in the 21st century, especially on a platform like Fiverr!

Archived