Why New Sellers should be given a chance!!!

raimi86

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  1. The seller is new but the professional level is not new

In terms of the ability to complete the work, the new seller and the old seller are the same

2. New seller is more enthusiastic, responsible than the old seller

Because they are new, they want to be self-reliant, try hard, take responsibility to get the best first evaluation.

3. New sellers always have special promotions

With new sellers: what they need is order, is good evaluation so they are willing to offer great promotion

That’s just the three reasons I’ve come up with.

And you think about the new seller?

New seller often more communicative and you can get your order on the most favorable terms. Also you can get some gifts from new sellers, cause the need in promotion and good reviews. And sure, new sellers on Fiver often have really great skills, and Fiverr is just a new job for them. For example, I learned about the Fiver during the quarantine as a new way to earn, but my experience more than 10 years.

If the seller is new, then he will be more responsible to get good reviews. The new seller will be more sociable to receive the first orders. And most importantly the new seller has a huge desire to earn money and you can give this opportunity.

• 1 year later...

For buyers, I think it's actually important to normalize the giving of your projects to level one, level two or top rated sellers. New sellers should also be given a chance to help you out with your projects. I know that you might be scared to take the risk of giving out your jobs to new sellers and at the end, you get disappointed.

But there's nothing bad in trying and most people actually depend on this as a source of living.

Buyers should actually try out new sellers.

New sellers shouldn't depend on a job that doesn't exist yet. Things happen, people lose jobs, but... why would someone depend on something so unstable? Freelancing is GREAT - but you need to have a plan b.

That being said... most new sellers (not all, just most) I've worked with... did not deliver. At all. And it's the buyer who loses the money. Not saying this can't happen with a more experienced seller but the risk can be too high. When you talk about money and time 'giving a chance' might not be an option to buyers. Not everyone on here can afford to 'try' new sellers out. 

Hello Katakatica,

I understand you perfectly and I am not going to argue with you because this is about what you've experienced with some new sellers...but thankfully this platform has provided a "charge back" right for you as a buyer and that'll actually go a long way. But new sellers should actually be given a chance, because most people on this platform are working here so that they can find a means of livelihood and most of us here are even students and unemployed struggling to get jobs which is scarcely unavailable.

I hope you'll understand my point

There are thousands and thousands of new sellers here. How should I, as a buyer, determine which new seller to give a chance too?

You do realize I am giving real money (that I earned by slaving at work to earn) to get something done on 5r. How can you guarantee that I won't be throwing my money away?

8 minutes ago, annika41 said:

because most people on this platform are working here so that they can find a means of livelihood and most of us here are even students and unemployed struggling to get jobs which is scarcely unavailable.

I understand that. But you need to understand this is a business, not charity. The client won't care if he's giving a dollar that will save someone's life, or if that dollar goes into the pocket of some rich seller making millions already. He cares that he gets the results he needs for that dollar. So he will pick whomever looks the best and has more reputation in the marketplace, as that is a safer choice.

There's a lot of people desperate to make some money just to survive in the world. Unfortunately, they can't all work on Fiverr.

1 hour ago, gina_riley2 said:

You do realize I am giving real money (that I earned by slaving at work to earn) to get something done on 5r. How can you guarantee that I won't be throwing my money away?

I agree with you. But although, it's very hard to find the pitch perfect seller who is completely brand new, but despite of all other concerns, new sellers should be given the chance to grow because of their efforts. They deserve the opportunity to show what they can do and if they succeed then they will be able to offer better goods and services in the future. AND OF COURSE you have the full rights to dispute here, so it's not like throwing your money away.

people actually depend on this as a source of living.

Maybe that's the problem, not the lack of orders.

Fiverr is one of the most friendly places in the world for new sellers to do business. Here, you don't need a license, you don't need to sign a contract, and you don't have any store rent to pay. You usually don't need any upfront capital, and traffic is handled by Fiverr.

If a new seller can't succeed in such a favourable environment, I'd say they're probably not cut out to be a freelancer. Such people should think about getting a regular job, where their income will be more secure. 

everyone should remember this every expert was a beginner. someone gave him chance so he become an expert today. if no one gives a chances to a beginner,Then no one will be able to be an expert. There are so many advantages to give work to a new seller.lyk  New seller can give more efford to fulfill his work. New seller can give more time to a buyer .

3 hours ago, annika41 said:

New sellers should also be given a chance to help you out with your projects. I know that you might be scared to take the risk of giving out your jobs to new sellers and at the end, you get disappointed.

But there's nothing bad in trying and most people actually depend on this as a source of living.

Buyers should actually try out new sellers.

Sometimes, I hate myself for having learnt how to read... 😒

Have you even stopped to think that each and every level 1, level 2 or TRS seller was a new seller at some point? How do you think they got there if there hadn't been a buyer who took the risk and gave them their first order? 🙄

58 minutes ago, ahmwritingco said:

Maybe that's the problem, not the lack of orders.

Fiverr is one of the most friendly places in the world for new sellers to do business. Here, you don't need a license, you don't need to sign a contract, and you don't have any store rent to pay. You usually don't need any upfront capital, and traffic is handled by Fiverr.

If a new seller can't succeed in such a favourable environment, I'd say they're probably not cut out to be a freelancer. Such people should think about getting a regular job, where their income will be more secure. 

By the way, Annika41, I see that you're fairly new to Fiverr, so my post isn't really aimed at you. It'll take you a while to figure out whether this site and freelancing are for you. Don't feel too discouraged if things are a little slow now. That's pretty normal. 

I was talking more about the people we see on this forum who have been told they can make lots of money (often easy money) through freelancing, even though they lack the skills and problem solving abilities required to succeed. These people often spend a lot of time trying to make Fiverr work for them, and become very stressed and unhappy throughout the process. They then leave the site a year or two later with little more than a bad mood. 

41 minutes ago, yasinfuadrahi said:

New seller can give more efford to fulfill his work. New seller can give more time to a buyer .

I charge four times as much (a bit more for special things) than I used to. 

Believe it or not - as a new seller I had less time for my work as I had to work much faster if I wanted even close to what I earn now (never even got this close.)

I really hate this 'new sellers are more ambitious' talk. No. Work is work even if you're an experienced seller. 

(...And... Level 1/2/TRS have more experience usually unless the new sellers already a genuine professionals.)

4 hours ago, annika41 said:

Herein lies the problem.

The forum is full of new sellers desperately wanting success.

Someone has told them that you just create a gig and everybody rushes to buy it … Easy money!

Of course that is not the case!

Buyers want to buy from someone who appears to have the ability to provide a professional service.

They are not stupid and they will see through so called experts and move on to buy from someone else.

1 hour ago, yasinfuadrahi said:

There are so many advantages to give work to a new seller.lyk  New seller can give more efford to fulfill his work. New seller can give more time to a buyer .

Perhaps experienced sellers do not need as much time or effort to fulfill the work? Furthermore, maybe experienced sellers do not need to give more time to buyers because they get the work done well the first time they deliver it.

What a lot of the meksells fail to realize is how valuable time can be for certain people, since for them the value is so low. Somebody offering unlimited revisions, basically offering to work for pennies an hour, values their time so little they can't understand why serious buyers wouldn't want to order from them. 

14 hours ago, annika41 said:

New sellers should also be given a chance to help you out with your projects

It’s not buyer’s job to give you a chance. It’s YOUR responsibility to convince buyers with your gigs to buy your service even if you are new seller. 

14 hours ago, annika41 said:

That sounds so unprofessional to me. “Buy from me because I need to make a living”. No one cares what you need. People are buying your SERVICES, they are not sorting your life and your problems. 
Of someone tells me that then I most likely will pass on buying anything from that person. For me people who say that can’t even plan or take responsibility of their own life, so how can I trust them with my project? 

Archived