What would be your first words to the buyer other than greetings or "How can I help you?"

muratnalcaci

I always reply the same

"Hi - very nice to meet you and thank you for reaching out"

I think it is a very simple approach with which I try to be polite with a person I have just met and then I like showing gratitude for the interest of the client towards my services

After that, I directly dive into asking more details about the requirements of the task the client is asking me to do

• Like 61
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi there (or name),  thank-you for reaching out to me, I would be more than happy to help. Please post all the available details about your task, including the deadline, word count, and your expectations.  

Speak soon. ☺

• Like 41
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, muratnalcaci said:

What would be your first words

Depends completely on what they write when they contact me.

If they only say 'hi' and nothing else, chances are high that it's spam (though not guaranteed). @vickiespencer shared a fantastic 'polite greetings while also being anti-spam' Quick Response a long while ago. I'll see it I can find it later.

If the first contact is pretty clearly an actual inquiry, it'll usually have some information in it about what the potential buyer is looking for. Remember, they're not an actual Buyer until there's an order placed. This is important psychologically, as you will get spam, and you must identify those quickly so that you're not wasting your time on them, when you could be converting actual Buyers or even doing life stuff. Anyway, if a potential client provides information, it is (in my experience) almost never complete, so after a polite "Thank you for reaching out to me," I'll ask a follow-up question to get more information. 

Important: bring up cost early, especially if there are any signs that: a) they didn't actually read your gig page, b) something is beyond the scope of your packages because it's quantitative (you offer 10, they want 20), or c) something is beyond the scope of your packages because it's not something you can do and you would have to outsource that portion. Most people to not have either the knowledge about or the skill for what they are seeking. It's a part of your job as a Seller to help the potential Buyer make an informed decision, including if you are not the right Seller for them because of their budget. By bringing up cost early, you are helping yourself, because if they can't afford your fees they need to move on. Again, this is so you can focus on other things rather than someone who will never become a Buyer, just like with identifying spam quickly. Do not compromise your prices.

• Like 38
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 8

3 hours ago, muratnalcaci said:

What would be your first words to the buyer other than greetings or "How can I help you?"

If I do not have enough information:

Hi [username], thank you for reaching out to me. I am interested in working for you and would love to hear your requirements. Can you please share more project details? Any reference screenshot would be more helpful, as it can help me better understand your expectations and requirements.

If I have enough information:

Hi [username], thanks for reaching out to me. Yes, I can do this and would love to work on this project. I personally think that my Premium tier (i.e., $50) would be the most fair and reasonable quote for this considering the level of complexity. Please let me know your thoughts and if this will work for you. I am open for further discussion.

• Like 40

What's wrong with "How can I help you?"

This what my SM sent to me as a suggested FIRST message (see below). Seemed a little windy to me but maybe this can help you!

Hi there (BUYER)! Thanks so much for placing your order with me! I can’t wait to get started on this project! Here are a few things you can expect with this order:

This order is for (whatever the service is)

You’ve also purchased X Y and Z Gig Extras (if applicable)

Based on the package you’ve selected, you can expect to receive your order in X Days.

Once delivered, you’ll have up to 3 days to review the delivered material and either accept the delivery or request a revision.

Based on what you’ve selected, you have X Revisions included in this order. If you’re unhappy with anything I’ve delivered, feedback is greatly appreciated! I want to make sure you’re happy with the final product! Any additional revisions outside of what is already included will be an additional cost.

If I have any questions about the requirements submitted, I’ll send you a message.

If you have any questions about the order, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Let me know if you need anything in the meantime!

Your name/username

• Like 26
  • Haha 2

• Kesha pinned, unpinned and featured this topic
3 hours ago, dereck_s said:

This what my SM sent to me as a suggested FIRST message (see below). Seemed a little windy to me but maybe this can help you!

Hi there (BUYER)! Thanks so much for placing your order with me! I can’t wait to get started on this project! Here are a few things you can expect with this order:

Based on the package you’ve selected, you can expect to receive your order in X Days.

Once delivered, you’ll have up to 3 days to review the delivered material and either accept the delivery or request a revision.

Based on what you’ve selected, you have X Revisions included in this order. If you’re unhappy with anything I’ve delivered, feedback is greatly appreciated! I want to make sure you’re happy with the final product! Any additional revisions outside of what is already included will be an additional cost.

If I have any questions about the requirements submitted, I’ll send you a message.

Your name/username

This template looks great and proves the professionalism of the seller.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, desiree_va said:

Thank you for reaching out. I'm excited to learn more about your project and how I can assist you in achieving your goals. Could you please provide some details about what you're looking for so that I can better understand your needs?

Why would you use Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez picture as your profile pic?

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, raff_cv said:

Your name/username

Brother, this is just too good! Thank you for sharing this.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, dereck_s said:

Your name/username

This can be adjusted for pre-order chat as well.

• Like 13

What is your book about?
What is the headline for? 
What are you selling? 

I like getting to the point quickly. Maybe it's a cultural or my personality. Others like to do a lot of chit chat before getting to the point.   

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I always lead with "Howdy - thanks for reaching out! It's nice to meet you. I'd love to see if I can help."

I've always found that a quick pleasantry goes a long way with most folks, regardless of culture, but especially with us westerners. Getting right down to business can feel very cold to many people. When working with a large corporation this may be to be expected, but when working with an individual freelancer or a small team your buyer is likely hoping for something more than just taking an order and cranking out a result. Otherwise there are a million big businesses out there who can probably do what you're doing faster and cheaper due to scale. Relationship really seems to take things to the next level when freelancing. 

Edited by texvox
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On 5/17/2024 at 4:04 PM, muratnalcaci said:

Here are a few options for replying to a buyer on Fiverr, depending on the situation:

General approach (shows appreciation and opens for details):

• "Hi [Buyer's Name], thanks for reaching out! I'm excited to hear about your project. What can I help you with today?"

Focusing on their specific needs (requires some info from the buyer's message):

• "I see you're interested in [mention something specific from their message]. I've helped clients with similar needs before. Can you tell me a bit more about what you're looking for?" (Replace bracketed text with specifics)

Highlighting your expertise (if relevant to their message):

• "Hi [Buyer's Name], thanks for contacting me! I specialize in [mention your relevant skill]. Is there a specific aspect of [their project area] you need help with?" (Replace bracketed text with specifics)

Keeping it brief and professional:

• "Great to hear from you! Please share some details about your project."

Remember to adjust the tone and content based on the buyer's message and your own communication style.

• Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2024 at 8:02 PM, texvox said:

I always lead with "Howdy - thanks for reaching out! It's nice to meet you. I'd love to see if I can help."

I've always found that a quick pleasantry goes a long way with most folks, regardless of culture, but especially with us westerners. Getting right down to business can feel very cold to many people. When working with a large corporation this may be to be expected, but when working with an individual freelancer or a small team your buyer is likely hoping for something more than just taking an order and cranking out a result. Otherwise there are a million big businesses out there who can probably do what you're doing faster and cheaper due to scale. Relationship really seems to take things to the next level when freelancing. 

I couldn't agree more. So a warm greeting is a plus, right?

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, muratnalcaci said:

I couldn't agree more. So a warm greeting is a plus, right?

Yes, I would definitely agree! Buyers aren't looking for a new best friend, but a warm and sincere greeting is way more than they'd get from the average big corp and seems to lay a good foundation in the majority of client relationships I've ever had both here on Fiverr and elsewhere.

• Like 11

Thank you for considering my services! I'm excited to learn more about your project and how I can contribute to its success. Could you please share some details about your needs and goals?

• Like 6

I rarely get a "Hi," from clients unless it's spam. They usually open with what they're looking for via my services. And my first response is always "Hi," or "Hello," followed by a detailed explanation of how I can help them. Or if I can't help them, a thorough reason as to why I cannot.

• Like 6