Why New Sellers should be given a chance!!!

raimi86

1. The seller is new but the professional level is not new

In terms of the ability to complete the work, the new seller and the old seller are the same

2. New seller is more enthusiastic, responsible than the old seller

Because they are new, they want to be self-reliant, try hard, take responsibility to get the best first evaluation.

3. New sellers always have special promotions

With new sellers: what they need is order, is good evaluation so they are willing to offer great promotion

That’s just the three reasons I’ve come up with.

And you think about the new seller?

There’s nothing wrong with choosing a new seller, but I think that some of the reasoning behind your reasons is very flawed.

True, but the old seller has the reviews to back it up. While some buyers might not mind taking that chance, can you really blame others for not being willing to risk it?

That’s a big claim. Are you saying that old sellers got to where they are today by ignoring messages and being irresponsible?

That’s a bit of a generalization. Not all new sellers discount their prices.

If you can’t give people a good enough reason to pick you without comparing yourself at every single step to sellers who have been around longer, then you might want to rethink your strategy.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s nothing wrong with choosing a new seller, but I think that some of the reasoning behind your reasons is very flawed.

True, but the old seller has the reviews to back it up. While some buyers might not mind taking that chance, can you really blame others for not being willing to risk it?

That’s a big claim. Are you saying that old sellers got to where they are today by ignoring messages and being irresponsible?

If you can’t give people a good enough reason to pick you without comparing yourself at every single step to sellers who have been around longer, then you might want to rethink your strategy.

thank you . Your opinions make me think more about myself

thank you . Your opinions make me think more about myself

That’s always a good attitude to have 🙂

While you’re at it, check out this post:

Little advice for newbie buyers: There are many talented sellers on 5r. There are some with hundreds or even thousands of excellent reviews to back them up. Then there are the newbies with zero or perhaps a few reviews just waiting for the chance to prove they are the “Top Dog” - in a sea of thousands of sellers in the same nitch. Not all new sellers are created the same. Some are professionals from the day job or previous career and truly are EXPERTS in what they do. Being a freelancer on 5r …

There’s a lot to be said for new sellers, as long as you stay positive and don’t fall into the trap of pointless comparisons.

Despite the fact that I’m not a new seller anymore (joined fiverr in 2016 and completed appx 300 orders), but you made me think about myself in my few first months 😄, and that just made me spread my chicks lol. Nevertheless, your reasoning cannot work for all the buyers, especially for those who may like your idea, and yet cannot take the risk.

Guest neromare

In terms of the ability to complete the work, the new seller and the old seller are the same

Because they are new, they want to be self-reliant, try hard, take responsibility to get the best first evaluation.

With new sellers: what they need is order, is good evaluation so they are willing to offer great promotion

New seller is more responsible than the old seller

This made absolutely ZERO sense to me.

That’s always a good attitude to have 🙂

While you’re at it, check out this post:

Little advice for newbie buyers: There are many talented sellers on 5r. There are some with hundreds or even thousands of excellent reviews to back them up. Then there are the newbies with zero or perhaps a few reviews just waiting for the chance to prove they are the “Top Dog” - in a sea of thousands of sellers in the same nitch. Not all new sellers are created the same. Some are professionals from the day job or previous career and truly are EXPERTS in what they do. Being a freelancer on 5r …

There’s a lot to be said for new sellers, as long as you stay positive and don’t fall into the trap of pointless comparisons.

I already read. That’s great

I feel more motivated

Despite the fact that I’m not a new seller anymore (joined fiverr in 2016 and completed appx 300 orders), but you made me think about myself in my few first months 😄, and that just made me spread my chicks lol. Nevertheless, your reasoning cannot work for all the buyers, especially for those who may like your idea, and yet cannot take the risk.

The start phase is the hardest. I’m trying to get through

Totally Agree.

New seller will try to get 5 star rating and they usually deliver the project more than expected.

Most definitely a new seller will perform his or her orders with exceptional care since the seller needs to archive big goals to become a top seller. And always new sellers are dreaming success, so they are naturally motivated to do every order in their best. Also they will go beyond to get great reviews since that matters for their future.

Most definitely a new seller will perform his or her orders with exceptional care since the seller needs to archive big goals to become a top seller. And always new sellers are dreaming success, so they are naturally motivated to do every order in their best. Also they will go beyond to get great reviews since that matters for their future.

The evaluations are their future. They will try their best for it

Don’t get me wrong, as a buyer I like to try out new sellers, they can offer excellent value at times and if they do a good job I will generally tip them an appropriate amount.

However, the idea that a new seller will solely focus and put more effort into a gig simply because they have nothing else to do is seriously flawed. An experienced seller with a lot of orders more than likely has those because they have delivered consistently great work and now have regular buyers. Experienced sellers also tend to have realistic delivery times and so they will not offer to do a 3 day job in one day or take on extra work when they are busy - new sellers do tend to.

Of course there are no absolutes and you can have problems with any type of seller.

Don’t get me wrong, as a buyer I like to try out new sellers, they can offer excellent value at times and if they do a good job I will generally tip them an appropriate amount.

However, the idea that a new seller will solely focus and put more effort into a gig simply because they have nothing else to do is seriously flawed. An experienced seller with a lot of orders more than likely has those because they have delivered consistently great work and now have regular buyers. Experienced sellers also tend to have realistic delivery times and so they will not offer to do a 3 day job in one day or take on extra work when they are busy - new sellers do tend to.

Of course there are no absolutes and you can have problems with any type of seller.

You are right, the time required matters, but how a new seller without any review will get orders?

We who get less orders, use two things to get attention.

1. Lower price with same quality
  2. Fast delivery time

These two are our targets. Our clients like to give us multiple orders only for these reason.

In that case I have no choice other than working too hard and over time.

Do you have any other suggestions regarding this?

well said!!.. totally agree with you

True, but since there is no actual proof of the work , buyers often prefer someone who has former experience of providing similar services.

But yet, not every newbie is noob.

Trust me, it’s not about noob things or pro things 😎

Archived