Why New Sellers should be given a chance!!!

raimi86

“Can have better quality than TRS
Like mentioned above, more time and focus put into your order can result in amazing quality.
Some TRS have so many orders lined up, that I’m sure it must be difficult to deliver the highest quality all the time. If you are in a queue of 20 orders, how much focus is on yours?”"

EXCUSE ME? If you’re not a TRS, don’t tell us what being a TRS is like. For your information, whether I get one order a day or 15, I provide the same amount of attention to each order. Don’t act like level 1’s are spending 5-hours on a $5 order.

Besides, when you’re TRS clients are more likely to demand revisions and expect more. As for the length of a queue, every seller knows how long it takes him to do one order, some can do 5-10 orders in one hour, some do more, some deliver in 7 days, some offer “extra-fast” two-day delivery. Which is my opinion, isn’t extra fast, but Fiverr allows it so that’s OK. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top rated sellers are watched closely by fiverr staff members to see that their gigs are free of problems. We are not going to do bad work since we know we can be demoted back to level 2, and have proven track records. I work around the clock to make sure I deliver the best work of anyone in my category.

I resent someone saying that we have so much work we do bad jobs.

The above points are very general and may not be relevant to you.They are not specific to any individuals or gigs. These are just points that some might like to take into consideration when thinking about purchasing. There are lots of different scenarios and situations in life, and not everyone has your super amazing abilities 😉

Thanks for your comment its great to see your doing well on fiverr 🙂

Some TRS have so many orders lined up, that I’m sure it must be difficult to deliver the highest quality all the time. If you are in a queue of 20 orders, how much focus is on yours?

This is saying that TRS can’t do good jobs due to having so much work.

I use a TRS for my design work who always has over 30 jobs in his queue.
He gives the most perfect amazing work every time.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any issues with these points?..

You help to build a strong Fiverr community
We all love fiverr, right? And that’s because buyers and sellers from all over the world have merged together in one place and created something awesome. We can keep this amazing community growing and make it even better by supporting our new sellers.

or

Get more bang for your buck
Now this is what I’m talking about, savings! Getting the job done through a new seller can get you great savings. You can usually find some brilliant gigs at a much lower price and in greater quantities, and you will probably get some freebies thrown in. So, if you’re on a tight budget, new sellers are definitely the way to go.

or

They are the TRS of tomorrow
Top sellers were new once too, and new sellers of today will be top sellers of the future. So go on, give the new guy a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised

I’d like to know your thoughts, so please don’t be shy 😉

It’s a good reasons, but the problem is that there is some fear of risk is always trustee, that works with experienced at the site and obtaining a good evaluation

Although there may be a new seller has more experience and he wants to prove himself at the site and will seek to satisfy the maximum effort

Some might think that I am writing this because I am from this category in the site here

But this truth and I am happy to be present in your community

Good luck to all of you

Who is “full of themself”?
Lol, you clearly don’t know how Fiverr works. Aside from the bargain basement stuff, the majority of orders on here are not $5.
I am on 4 different freelance sites. Fiverr gives me volume, I get higher value sales on the other sites, don’t worry. The simplicity of Fiverr is also a major attraction for me.
As for the successful business quip, you have no idea how much I earn and besides, there are many successful businesses based on high volume - low price sales.

@raimi86 - You have some very good points. The key to all of this is that some new sellers are just as good as TRS, and of course may have less work load; thus, more time to spend investing in an order, which therefore contributes just the same to the building of the FIverr community.

On a different note - you seem to be quite talented as it relates to designing. The little banner at the top of this post is unique; additionally, the profile images of the gigs you created are pretty good, and that ‘text in wood’ gig has the potential to explode.

Two suggestions to really shine here.

1. Please push the gigs that stand out the most
  2. Please try at best to avoid toe-to-toeing with others with varied opinions.

All the best my friend.

Cheers,
Speedy876

Thank you very much @speedy876 for your comment. I’m glad you see the point of this 🙂

One thing that’s kept me going is this forum and the people that frequent it. Its very hard not to get into a heated discussion when you think you have been misunderstood, but I will be taking your advice on board 😉

Your words are very encouraging and I will continue to do the best I can to push my gigs.

Thanks again and happy fiverring!

Very nice post.

Although it has been hot argument, but I can see the maturity from all divides in handling the issues raised. I have learned quite a lot from all contributors. I think this is helping to build a strong fiverr community.

I feel the individual seller has the responsibility in making sure the best quality job is delivered at all times. Every seller, the serious ones, should know what is at stake, whether a TRS or a new entrant. At least before anyone signed up to work on fiverr, I feel they must understand what is at stake and ready deliver to the satisfaction of buyers who commissioned them.

Thanks everyone for the quality of contributions, I feel good am in a good community to work.

After having read this thread, I’ll offer a commentary. I see a lot of posts about buying from newbies and I’ve written some posts on it myself. I think there are plenty of good reasons to try new sellers. There are plenty of reasons to try all levels of sellers.

When writing a post to encourage buyers to buy from level 0-1 one of the best ways to do it is to stick to only the positives instead of making it a “us and them” issue. To a buyer, a comparison between level X and level Y may just appear to be a form of self-promotion even when it isn’t.

You don’t have to cause stress for others to make your point. The OP wrote something along the lines of: New sellers can have better quality than TRS because if you are in a queue of 20 orders, how much focus is on yours?

Perhaps instead something could be said like New sellers are often building new gigs and may have time to focus extra-hard on each individual order. That implies something very similar without comparing new sellers to another specific level.

It seems to me that each time a comparison post comes out, it’s with the intent of showing why some sellers can be better to buy from than other sellers. No matter who the “others” are, critical comments about a group of people are unsettling and not really necessary to encourage buyers to consider all skillsets and all levels.

Hi @fonthaunt,

I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy reading this post. Thank you for the tips though, I will definitely take them into consideration next time I write something.

I’d like to point out that I’m not a trained writer, and I don’t write professionally. If some things I say aren’t worded exactly as you would like them to be, It can’t be helped.

I don’t write to pander to people ego’s, I write because I have something to say.

I agree, all skill sets and levels should be considered, and I haven’t told anyone not to try sellers of all levels. There is a lot of information about why you shouldn’t buy from new sellers. As a new seller myself, I thought it might be good to throw in some positive reasons to give new peeps a shot. I want to see people succeeding, so if this helps some new, talented sellers get going with fiverr, I’m happy.

Thanks for your comment, and keep up the good work! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am new to Fiverr and have picked a new seller, I liked what they were advertising and, price was competitive but not cheap in comparison, in fact only just cheaper than others, but I agree it’s nice to give people a chance, we’ve all been there and someone likely gave us a chance.
Alas, I have just received a message asking for details that were discussed at the beginning of the project, that can easily be scrolled back to being that only a handful messages have passed between us (asking how many pages I would like and what I would like on each page of the comic I asked for), suggesting they have not even started my project, yet they have marked the order as complete, and in the same message have asked for four more days.
I’m disappointed and concerned. And unfortunately for any further projects through Fiverr I will not being using a newbie or someone without good reviews.
Such a shame, I understand that they re a bad seed amongst many hard working people, but I cannot afford the time or money to risk trying someone new again.
I have contacted Fiverr and will wait to see what they say, their adequate response may sway back to giving new people a chance, but right now I’ve got that horrible feeling…

I am new to Fiverr and have picked a new seller, I liked what they were advertising and, price was competitive but not cheap in comparison, in fact only just cheaper than others, but I agree it’s nice to give people a chance, we’ve all been there and someone likely gave us a chance.

Alas, I have just received a message asking for details that were discussed at the beginning of the project, that can easily be scrolled back to being that only a handful messages have passed between us (asking how many pages I would like and what I would like on each page of the comic I asked for), suggesting they have not even started my project, yet they have marked the order as complete, and in the same message have asked for four more days.

I’m disappointed and concerned. And unfortunately for any further projects through Fiverr I will not being using a newbie or someone without good reviews.

Such a shame, I understand that they re a bad seed amongst many hard working people, but I cannot afford the time or money to risk trying someone new again.

I have contacted Fiverr and will wait to see what they say, their adequate response may sway back to giving new people a chance, but right now I’ve got that horrible feeling…

I have just received a message asking for details that were discussed at the beginning of the project

That’s not so bad, at least your seller is curious about the job. It’s also easy to get confused with all the people sending messages.

If you are in a queue of 20 orders, how much focus is on yours?

This is a myth. If it takes 5 to 15 minutes to complete an order, whether the seller has a queue of 3 or 20 makes no difference. He will work the same for you as he works for others. The focus is on getting the job done. I’m not getting paid to spend hours and hours working on the same order. I’m not a salaried employee working until the boss is happy with my work.

As a freelancer, I have no boss. Your other reasons to buy gigs from new sellers were good ones, but bashing TRS sellers is extremely offensive.

I have just received a message asking for details that were discussed at the beginning of the project

That’s not so bad, at least your seller is curious about the job. It’s also easy to get confused with all the people sending messages.

If you are in a queue of 20 orders, how much focus is on yours?

This is a myth. If it takes 5 to 15 minutes to complete an order, whether the seller has a queue of 3 or 20 makes no difference. He will work the same for you as he works for others. The focus is on getting the job done. I’m not getting paid to spend hours and hours working on the same order. I’m not a salaried employee working until the boss is happy with my work.

As a freelancer, I have no boss. Your other reasons to buy gigs from new sellers were good ones, but bashing TRS sellers is extremely offensive.

That’s good to know and a fair point, I will hold judgement until the job is done, but I am concerned that 10 days were agreed upon and that now at the end of ten days seemingly nothing has been done.

I also don’t know whether it is normal to, but I have not seen any drafts and am slightly concerned at what the end result will be, the seller has different styles of drawing, I have been specific in asking but I am concerned that I may end with a product I am not happy with.

I understand this fear may not be valid at all, but they are now being compounded by the delay and added to by the worry that I might not receive a product at all and that I may have to go through a (lengthy? I’m not sure) process to get a refund.

I suppose I could have ended up with similar problems with someone who had good reviews, but at this point it seems like it would have been a less worrisome process.

It is a shame because I believe the review should be truthful so that other buyers are aware, leaving me options, that the product is amazing and worthy of a comment along the lines of ‘small delay, but fantastic end product’ or it’s no good and I dont leave any review (which would be a kindness), negating the point of giving a new person a chance.

That’s good to know and a fair point, I will hold judgement until the job is done, but I am concerned that 10 days were agreed upon and that now at the end of ten days seemingly nothing has been done.

I also don’t know whether it is normal to, but I have not seen any drafts and am slightly concerned at what the end result will be, the seller has different styles of drawing, I have been specific in asking but I am concerned that I may end with a product I am not happy with.

I understand this fear may not be valid at all, but they are now being compounded by the delay and added to by the worry that I might not receive a product at all and that I may have to go through a (lengthy? I’m not sure) process to get a refund.

I suppose I could have ended up with similar problems with someone who had good reviews, but at this point it seems like it would have been a less worrisome process.

It is a shame because I believe the review should be truthful so that other buyers are aware, leaving me options, that the product is amazing and worthy of a comment along the lines of ‘small delay, but fantastic end product’ or it’s no good and I dont leave any review (which would be a kindness), negating the point of giving a new person a chance.

I am concerned that 10 days were agreed upon and that now at the end of ten days seemingly nothing has been done.

The buyer should tell the seller he expects delivery in the next 24 hours, and if he does not get it, he will initiate a refund or contact customer service.

I don’t get this sellers. 10 days is more than enough time to deliver an order. I offer 3 days and deliver in 2, it’s not that hard.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img923/9507/95LUJi.png

You help to build a strong Fiverr community

We all love fiverr, right? And that’s because buyers and sellers from all over the world have merged together in one place and created something awesome. We can keep this amazing community growing and make it even better by supporting our new sellers.

You can find new, unique, fresh and interesting gigs

Every day brand new gigs, still fresh from the oven, spring up in the marketplace. Why not see what you can find? If you’re looking for something unique, it might be harder to get looking at the TRS only.

They can be more focused on your order

New sellers aren’t bogged down by a huge queue of orders waiting to be delivered. You also might be the only order they are working on at the minute, so generally they have more time to focus solely on your gig.

Can have better quality than TRS

Like mentioned above, more time and focus put into your order can result in amazing quality.

Some TRS have so many orders lined up, that I’m sure it must be difficult to deliver the highest quality all the time. If you are in a queue of 20 orders, how much focus is on yours?

Get more bang for your buck

Now this is what I’m talking about, savings! Getting the job done through a new seller can get you great savings. You can usually find some brilliant gigs at a much lower price and in greater quantities, and you will probably get some freebies thrown in. So, if you’re on a tight budget, new sellers are definitely the way to go.

There’s almost equal risk to buyer

Fiverr has a pretty good system in place to keep buyers and sellers safe and secure while using the the site and making sales or purchases. Just because someone is TRS doesn’t mean that your order is guaranteed to be perfect. There are a number of things you can do if you do encounter a bad experience, like canceling the order, and the fiverr team are there with support for buyers and sellers alike so you can rest assured that buying from a new seller is OK.

More time to chat

If you like a good chat about your project before ordering then choosing a new seller would help. New sellers will probably have less on their plate but still be online a lot because they want to grow their business. I’m sure you will find great customer service and time for discussion.

You get more choice

With so many new and unique sellers, you have an amazing array of gigs to choose from that come in all different shapes and sizes. Although there are lots of top sellers offering services, the choice can be limited. So set your filter to New Sellers and dive in!

They are the TRS of tomorrow

Top sellers were new once too, and new sellers of today will be top sellers of the future. So go on, give the new guy a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Spread the love!

Just spread the love! If you are a fiverr patron that purchases regularly, by ordering from a new seller you are spreading the love!

I hope you find this interesting and you get exactly what you are looking for!

Thanks and happy Fiverring! 🙂

Note: If you have any thing to add, any criticisms, corrections or questions please feel free to express it.

There is TRS who have 300-400 orders with a 24-hour delivery.

Many works in a team, the number of orders and quality is not a problem.

I am concerned that 10 days were agreed upon and that now at the end of ten days seemingly nothing has been done.

The buyer should tell the seller he expects delivery in the next 24 hours, and if he does not get it, he will initiate a refund or contact customer service.

I don’t get this sellers. 10 days is more than enough time to deliver an order. I offer 3 days and deliver in 2, it’s not that hard.

I will, thank you for the advice.

1. The seller is new but the professional level is not new
In terms of the ability to complete the work, the new seller and the old seller are the same
2. New seller is more enthusiastic, responsible than the old seller
Because they are new, they want to be self-reliant, try hard, take responsibility to get the best first evaluation.
3. New sellers always have special promotions
With new sellers: what they need is order, is good evaluation so they are willing to offer great promotion

That’s just the three reasons I’ve come up with.
And you think about the new seller?

Archived