Leo/Smashradio 2.0 is here! (I got a son!)

smashradio

Hey, great folks on the forum! 

If you're a regular here, you've probably gotten used to my radio face on the forum. Some of you have noticed that I've been on here less, as of late, and have sent me messages. 

With the volcanic eruption on a neighboring island, there was some concern that I had been eaten by lava. I find the concern of those who've sent me PMs touching, and I've tried to respond to everyone when I could. 

Anyway... The reason for my absence is not the volcano - unless you count a baby boy with plenty of diaper eruptions daily as a volcano.

As you might have guessed, I just became Daddy Smash! 

I'm a firm believer in not sharing photos of kids publically online, so no - I won't post pictures of him. 

My short leave of absence is now over, and like Arnold Schwarzenegger says: I'm back! 

Even so, I might be a bit less active, for obvious reasons - haha. 

P.S. His name is Félix, meaning "lucky". True, we're Norwegian, but we live in Spain, and we thought it fitting to use a Spanish name. :D 

3 hours ago, fiveroptic1 said:

Conga rats @smashradio i wondered where you had gone?

"Congra rats"? Is that space intended, because that space could completely change the nature of what you posted. 

See, I'm already envisioning cheerful rats, wearing party hats, dancing a conga line through the room. I'm not sure if that was what you were going for. 😛 

3 hours ago, ahmwritingco said:

I think this news deserves more than a conga. It deserves a full congratulations!

I think so too.

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!👶🥳

This is definitely something to celebrate! I know it's going to be busy, but please visit us here every once in a while, we need your help fighting the good fight 😄

Wish you and your family all the best 😊

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, jonbaas said:

"Congra rats"? Is that space intended, because that space could completely change the nature of what you posted. 

See, I'm already envisioning cheerful rats, wearing party hats, dancing a conga line through the room. I'm not sure if that was what you were going for. 😛 

Ha! Yes it was - someone, I forget who, posted a gif the other day of rats enjoying a conga party in celebratory mood. 😃   

That's wonderful news!

3 hours ago, jonbaas said:

"Congra rats"? Is that space intended

Yes. I remember it from a forum/workshop for writers, more than 20 years ago, jokingly used when people congratulated those who just sold a story (possibly the same story that went through the workshop and that we've commented on), or signed a book contract, or something like that.

What can I say, writers enjoy playing with words (and being silly). 😸

On 10/5/2021 at 4:21 AM, smashradio said:

Hey, great folks on the forum! 

If you're a regular here, you've probably gotten used to my radio face on the forum. Some of you have noticed that I've been on here less, as of late, and have sent me messages. 

With the volcanic eruption on a neighboring island, there was some concern that I had been eaten by lava. I find the concern of those who've sent me PMs touching, and I've tried to respond to everyone when I could. 

Anyway... The reason for my absence is not the volcano - unless you count a baby boy with plenty of diaper eruptions daily as a volcano.

I'm a firm believer in not sharing photos of kids publically online, so no - I won't post pictures of him. 

My short leave of absence is now over, and like Arnold Schwarzenegger says: I'm back! 

Even so, I might be a bit less active, for obvious reasons - haha. 

P.S. His name is Félix, meaning "lucky". True, we're Norwegian, but we live in Spain, and we thought it fitting to use a Spanish name. 😄

Congratulations 🥳🥳🥳.

Wishing all the luck to little Felix  

On 10/4/2021 at 5:21 PM, smashradio said:

Smash,  I just stumbled across this thread.  Congress. I am most happy for you, and wish Fiber totem to bless Felix.

Seriously, that's great news. I was worried the volcano got you.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:54 PM, newsmike said:

Smash,  I just stumbled across this thread.  Congress. I am most happy for you, and wish Fiber totem to bless Felix.

Seriously, that's great news. I was worried the volcano got you.

Thanks! :D I look forward to presenting Felix with a shiny Fiber totem from the Gods of Congressination! However, I fear that all the other new parents out there will be offended as well. Why aren't they getting an even bigger totem, for free!? Remember - to congress is to grow. 

Okay, fine, I didn't even peek at the forum for almost two months, and the plan was to just quickly browse through Casual Conversations and Rants, see what familiar faces or logos are up to, leave a heart or five, and to not post, but fine, you won, here, have some more conga rats. 🥁🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀

Best of luck to Félix on his journey. 

Quod bonum felix faustumque sit. - May it be good, auspicious, and prosperous.

Archived