How did you become a copywriter?

mariowalker96

15 minutes ago, newsmike said:

May I ask a question? Do you think all these generic question threads are going to "rank your gig?"

I think @mariowalker96 may be a serial poster who is chasing after getting higher in the badges. Wait until he finds out there are soon to be changes in the Fiverr Forum where users with less experience will only be allowed to post minimally until they prove themselves. 😆

12 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I think @mariowalker96 may be a serial poster who is chasing after getting higher in the badges. Wait until he finds out there are soon to be changes in the Fiverr Forum where users with less experience will only be allowed to post minimally until they prove themselves. 😆

Lol. I'm here to build community. People complain about Fiverr's sitting and waiting for a order. I'm showing that if you engage with a community be being a b.a.e (being active everyday) more people will be attracted to your business.

14 minutes ago, mariowalker96 said:

I'm showing that if you engage with a community be being a b.a.e (being active everyday) more people will be attracted to your business.

Wrong. If you would read instead of posting in an effort to get attention, you would know that you will get no orders by doing so. And any attention you do get will be exactly the opposite kind from what you had hoped to get. 

18 minutes ago, mariowalker96 said:

I'm showing that if you engage with a community be being a b.a.e (being active everyday) more people will be attracted to your business.

I have made 12.7 K posts on the Fiverr Forum since July 2017 since I joined and @newsmikehas made 3.2K posts. (He would of had more, but he did not ... participate 🤣 for an extended amount of time. 

Most of the users of the Fiverr Forum are sellers with only a few buyers. I can tell you that my Fourm participation has resulted in one order in four years. @newsmikemore than likely has a similar story to tell.  

23 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

but he did not ... participate 🤣 for an extended amount of time. 

I was framed.

23 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Most of the users of the Fiverr Forum are sellers with only a few buyers. I can tell you that my Fourm participation has resulted in one order in four years. @newsmikemore than likely has a similar story to tell.  

I don't know as I've ever gotten an order because of the forum. I use it to keep up with what's new on Fiverr, and with my forum friends.  

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

Wrong. If you would read instead of posting in an effort to get attention, you would know that you will get no orders by doing so. And any attention you do get will be exactly the opposite kind from what you had hoped to get. 

Yeah that, but the point I'm trying to make is if you post engaging content without coming off as salesy and you are just willing to network with other people then you should attract the right people. I'm posting regularly because it's fun, it shows Fiverr that you are taking advantage of it's free platform, and it gives you easy expourse versus trying to build an audience from scratch. I live by Gary Vaynerchuck's jab, jab, jab, right hook philosophy. It's getting people to know, like and trust you. If I just post once a day you guys wouldn't pay attention to me so I post often to get attention, but I post content that's fun and engaging, without making you order a gig from me.

15 minutes ago, mariowalker96 said:

I'm posting regularly because it's fun,

I genuinely thought you just wanted to discuss topics you found interesting.

15 minutes ago, mariowalker96 said:

it shows Fiverr that you are taking advantage of it's free platform, and it gives you easy expourse versus trying to build an audience from scratch

There's not much you can gain from the forum regarding that though.... You'd be better off building an audience and getting exposure elsewhere, the forum is primarily filled with sellers more than buyers. With a higher percentage of sellers looking or posting random tips....

But I would totally rather see posts like these over how to get an order questions lol

56 minutes ago, mariowalker96 said:

If I just post once a day you guys wouldn't pay attention to me so I post often to get attention, but I post content that's fun and engaging, without making you order a gig from me.

This is the kind of interaction that will help you make friends and associates here. I think it's the first time I recall you enganing with us, which is good.  

1 hour ago, mariowalker96 said:

the point I'm trying to make is if you post engaging content without coming off as salesy and you are just willing to network with other people then you should attract the right people.

The people who frequent the forum, and therefore the people that you might attract here, are mostly sellers. So, if you enjoy talking to others, by all means, do it, just don't expect to attract buyers that way. I mean, it's not impossible to get a sale or few by being active on the forum, it's just very, very rare.

it shows Fiverr that you are taking advantage of it's free platform,

It has been officially confirmed that forum activity doesn't affect your account on the main site in any way. In other words, your gigs won't get more exposure if you post on the forum.

it gives you easy expourse

Exposure to people who are unlikely to be interested in your services.

3 hours ago, mariowalker96 said:

. I'm showing that if you engage with a community be being a b.a.e (being active everyday) more people will be attracted to your business.

No. They won't.

2 hours ago, mariowalker96 said:

and it gives you easy expourse versus trying to build an audience from scratch.

It gives you exposure to other sellers. They will never order from you. 

People seem to think that the forum is some kind of storefront. It's not. It's a place where sellers (99% are sellers) discuss the platform. It doesn't give you an audience, at all, in terms of sales. Zero.

2 hours ago, mariowalker96 said:

Gary Vaynerchuck

Jesus, another wantrepeneur following BS gurus. I swear to god, if I see anyone sell a course or try to be an influencer on YouTube or LinkedIn, I know they are a piece of s*** immediately. Sick and tired of that trend.

Hey, I think it's great fun to engage in quality conversations on the forum with other sellers. Learn new things, too.

However, you just told us that your main goals are to show Fiverr you use their forum (although I'm not sure why they would care about individual posters specifically) and to market yourself in a non-salesy way. So, that does away with the whole 'getting to know you' friendly thing.

I've been in the freelance and internet marketing worlds for a very long time. (Anyone remember those free AOL discs at check-out counters?) Getting involved in industry/niche communities, building authority, networking, etc. can be part of an overall marketing strategy... but there are very, very few buyers on the Fiverr forum, so those efforts are rather moot here.

To answer the original question, I like writing, I'm good at it, and it allowed me to work from home when I needed to.

12 hours ago, visualstudios said:

Zero.

3 buyers, 13 sales, to be fair. Except all of the buyers are very active sellers who just happen to need what I’m selling from time to time. 

Getting sales from the forum is a bit like supporting a relative who’s in MLM. Sure, I’ll buy a lipstick if I need a lipstick but I won’t turn into a super devoted customer, nor will I bring a crowd of customers who also need a lipstick with me.

7 hours ago, visualstudios said:

and I don't understand why people keep thinking it is.

Any cluster of users online is considered a target audience these days. Even if all of them are selling the same thing you do, at times attempting to sell it to each other. 

@mariowalker96, I honestly thought you were a spambot or forum rank hunter I no longer think the former, but am still in the air about the latter.

16 hours ago, mariowalker96 said:

If I just post once a day you guys wouldn't pay attention to me so I post often to get attention, but I post content that's fun and engaging, without making you order a gig from me.

I think most of the forum regulars pay closer attention to the content of threads/posts users create instead of how many. Getting attention is easy. Listen to any screaming toddler. Getting positive attention is a bit more nuanced.

"I post content that's fun and engaging," I'll just bite my tongue on that point instead of laying into you too heavily.

Archived