Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

which is exactly why they pay for this service

Wait, people with a Business account pay for that?

That is very strange because I had one “HESHE is a Fiverr Business client” recently and his first message was:

Can you take (link to @frank_d video from the portfolio) and remove/replace the logo in video with mine, in next 6 hours (I kid you not, this is the beautified/simplified version, names changed to protect privacy).

So he is business client? :thinking:

I have a lot of profile names with blue thingy next to them in the inbox, all converted to orders but there is no significant change in order amount or income.

Though if you don’t update one set of things at a time and give enough time to see results you won’t really know which of the things might have improved things (got more orders). eg. whether having gigs with 0 tags that are in the title helped or made it worse.

Some of my gigs literally have no choice but to repeat in tags what is in the title so I did not change all of them drastically.

And when I read here stats that people are sharing all my GIGs are underperforming all the time this entire year because I never had more than 1-5 clicks per day.

My all-time best selling GIG peaks at 8-12 clicks.

But all my GIGs are in the most overcrowded categories.

Promoted, results first 24 hours

Does the new algorithm

Just as an aside, this makes me remember a comment by someone who said he was told by support that the algorithm does change to avoid people trying to “beat it”, and this not in the ‘algo 2.0 for 2 years’, ‘algo 3.0 for 1 year’ sense but in the ‘what is true this week may not be true next week’ way.

The entity algorithm 3.0 as a ‘major release’ surely will have “stickies” that remain the same, like “relevancy”, or “cancellations are bad, we don’t like cancellations”, but might play around with “lesser values” to keep things fresh and exciting for sellers who try to figure it out and adapt accordingly.

That could also function as kind of an alternative “gig rotation”, not caused by shuffling sellers just so with an “everyone gets a turn every once in a while” attitude, but in a “let’s make fast turnaround sellers the freelancers of the week”, “this month is lucky month for sellers who edited their gig within the last month”, and so on.

I just like the thought that they are having fun hanging out in their virtual conference room and debating whether to make a new change next week, or to reuse the change from calendar week 2 because no over-smart seller would see that coming, or to just let it run the same this whole month and work on 4.0.

$149 for an annual subscription, so not really a hurdle for actual businesses.

What’s more interesting though, is that you can add up to 50 co-workers to your business account to collaborate, etc. You can find the info in the help pages, there’s also an extra ToS version for Fiverr Business.

• Like 29

Does the new algorithm

Just as an aside, this makes me remember a comment by someone who said he was told by support that the algorithm does change to avoid people trying to “beat it”, and this not in the ‘algo 2.0 for 2 years’, ‘algo 3.0 for 1 year’ sense but in the ‘what is true this week may not be true next week’ way.

The entity algorithm 3.0 as a ‘major release’ surely will have “stickies” that remain the same, like “relevancy”, or “cancellations are bad, we don’t like cancellations”, but might play around with “lesser values” to keep things fresh and exciting for sellers who try to figure it out and adapt accordingly.

That could also function as kind of an alternative “gig rotation”, not caused by shuffling sellers just so with an “everyone gets a turn every once in a while” attitude, but in a “let’s make fast turnaround sellers the freelancers of the week”, “this month is lucky month for sellers who edited their gig within the last month”, and so on.

I just like the thought that they are having fun hanging out in their virtual conference room and debating whether to make a new change next week, or to reuse the change from calendar week 2 because no over-smart seller would see that coming, or to just let it run the same this whole month and work on 4.0.

What’s more interesting though, is that you can add up to 50 co-workers to your business account to collaborate, etc. You can find the info in the help pages, there’s also an extra ToS version for Fiverr Business.

Yep, that probably explains why I haven’t seen any business clients. Most buyers I’ve gotten over the years have been sole sellers which have grown into businesses and I’m pretty sure that’s still the case.

This is why I’m holding out on making any major changes right now. January and February were great months for me and assuming the algorithm went into effect late LAST year then I’m pretty sure it’s still changing and adapting to different trends.

In all honesty, March was my best month so far. Things kinda suffered after I had my first cancellation so I’m thinking that’s still dragging me down a bit.

Untitled.thumb.png.8ee5b7889848177ce80fe0da20f1e988.png
Untitled1528×415 38.1 KB

These are the orders I received in March. There tend to be sharp rises and falls which has always been the case. The start and end of the month are “Usually” slower and it’s not like I’ve completely disappeared from the radar.

I did manage to get orders from roughly 4 - 5 “new” clients in the last 10 days with plenty of returning clients coming back. The coupons Fiverr’s added have really been a boon for getting old customers back so Fiverr may be onto something here. What exactly that is, I don’t know.

In short, don’t just go making random changes without having a proper plan is what I’d suggest, and instead use that time and energy to focus on yourself and improving performance.

• Like 25

Does the new algorithm

What’s more interesting though, is that you can add up to 50 co-workers to your business account

AAAAAA

THIS explains EVERYTHING.

It is same like Canva, one guy pays for account and then he “sells” spot in his team.

Same for most of the online design things.

This is why I’m holding out on making any major changes right now.

All my GIGs were going down and it went down further after I signed up to Seller plus, but now I made changes after one month of thinking…

The only way is up…

• Like 24

What’s more interesting though, is that you can add up to 50 co-workers to your business account

AAAAAA

THIS explains EVERYTHING.

It is same like Canva, one guy pays for account and then he “sells” spot in his team.

Same for most of the online design things.

This is why I’m holding out on making any major changes right now.

All my GIGs were going down and it went down further after I signed up to Seller plus, but now I made changes after one month of thinking…

The only way is up…

The only way is up…

Yeah, but at the same time, I was having the best month I’ve had in a long time.

It’s great that things are looking up for you and I’ll probably make some changes if things stay slow for me but like you, I’ll probably spend some time thinking things over and maybe have some me-time while I’m at it. BTW, I had a look at your gigs and they look great - no wonder you’re doing so well :hugs:

• Like 28

The only way is up…

Yeah, but at the same time, I was having the best month I’ve had in a long time.

It’s great that things are looking up for you and I’ll probably make some changes if things stay slow for me but like you, I’ll probably spend some time thinking things over and maybe have some me-time while I’m at it. BTW, I had a look at your gigs and they look great - no wonder you’re doing so well :hugs:

BTW, I had a look at your gigs and they look great - no wonder you’re doing so well

Agreed, there’s no surprise that you’re getting sales here with how you have created your gigs and profile @marinapomorac

• Like 26

Fiverr sees that as “double-dipping”.

This is the #1 reason seasoned sellers are now faced with lower performance.

We all need to revisit our titles+ tags, yesterday.

But to be honest I am not 100% sure if SEO optimize is considered the same as SEO optimization.

All I known is that you need your best keywords in the title and then a completely different set in your tags. (And close to none in your description)

So would it count as double-dipping if your gig offered two services as part of the packages and you put an AND in between.

For example I’ve just changed my from a double-dipping title to “I will write your brand story and mission statement” does this count as double-dipping?

• Like 22

So would it count as double-dipping if your gig offered two services as part of the packages and you put an AND in between.

For example I’ve just changed my from a double-dipping title to “I will write your brand story and mission statement” does this count as double-dipping?

You have clearly misread what I wrote.

The issue is with title/tags.

• Like 24

Ah yes…

So how come my number of clicks are up but my sales are down? This makes no sense. Unless fiverr is sending low-quality traffic to my gig now as they see me as low customer satisfaction

You are not converting.

Simple answer.

They come to you but then decide not to buy.

You need to optimize.

• Like 24

You are not converting.

Simple answer.

They come to you but then decide not to buy.

You need to optimize.

Thanks for all the advice. The problem is I’ve had no problem converting before. It has to be to do with these fiverr changes. I’ve converted consistently for years with no problem. What could have possibly changed?

• Like 23

Thanks for all the advice. The problem is I’ve had no problem converting before. It has to be to do with these fiverr changes. I’ve converted consistently for years with no problem. What could have possibly changed?

Look, I’ve been here long enough to see it.

Some times I get qualified leads, some times I get crappy ones.

Fiverr won’t send prime ribs your way all year round.

However, if you just stand there and wait based on the assumption that it’s just a simple wave of crappy leads, you risk being left behind in the event it’s something else entirely.

That’s up to you as a freelancer to figure out.

• Like 23

Look, I’ve been here long enough to see it.

Some times I get qualified leads, some times I get crappy ones.

Fiverr won’t send prime ribs your way all year round.

However, if you just stand there and wait based on the assumption that it’s just a simple wave of crappy leads, you risk being left behind in the event it’s something else entirely.

That’s up to you as a freelancer to figure out.

Thanks man… I don’t see what else I really can do though other than wait and try to get my performance as good as possible. Tried changing my tags and stuff round.

My competition have a tonne of orders in que which makes me wonder if they are being sent leads and I am not. which is why I thought maybe fiverrs filtering bad traffic to me as they see me as low on customer satisftion (lot of cancellations recently)… So the customers more likely to buy, will not see my gig. Everyone that messages me seems to be an unqualified lead or wants to buy the lowest amount. I don’t feel like I’m being matched better to buyers at all, in fact quite the opposite, I’ve never had so many unqualified leads.

• Like 23

Thanks man… I don’t see what else I really can do though other than wait and try to get my performance as good as possible. Tried changing my tags and stuff round.

My competition have a tonne of orders in que which makes me wonder if they are being sent leads and I am not. which is why I thought maybe fiverrs filtering bad traffic to me as they see me as low on customer satisftion (lot of cancellations recently)… So the customers more likely to buy, will not see my gig. Everyone that messages me seems to be an unqualified lead or wants to buy the lowest amount. I don’t feel like I’m being matched better to buyers at all, in fact quite the opposite, I’ve never had so many unqualified leads.

lot of cancellations recently

Fiverr 3.0 ABSOLUTELY HATES THAT.

I cannot stress this enough.

One cancellation alone is bad enough, multiple cancellations are definitely worse.

You need to understand though that Fiverr is not punishing you. Nor is it sending “bad leads” your way on purpose.

You may be getting less traffic because the algo sees you as a higher risk when compared to others.

I think others gave you the same advice I am about to: calm down, no need to edit everything into oblivion.

Learn from your recent cancellations, see what you can amend so it doesn’t happen as often.

That’s short term.

Long term? Look to diversify.

• Like 26

One cancellation alone is bad enough, multiple cancellations are definitely worse.

You need to understand though that Fiverr is not punishing you. Nor is it sending “bad leads” your way on purpose.

You may be getting less traffic because the algo sees you as a higher risk when compared to others.

I think others gave you the same advice I am about to: calm down, no need to edit everything into oblivion.

Learn from your recent cancellations, see what you can amend so it doesn’t happen as often.

That’s short term.

Okay thank you so much for your time I really appreciate you putting in the time to set all this straight for me and everyone else.

I just got a query of a “top buyer” so I don’t know if that is an indication of things looking up

And yeah it must be the cancellations. It’s not that my traffic has dropped at all, it’s that I’m getting low quality traffic that doesn’t buy or is unqualified.

Thanks though you’ve been really helpful…

• Like 26

That’s short term.

Well some cancellations can’t be avoided.

Due to Fiverr’s multiples system, people can order 20x the regular package for its normal deadline, which is obviously extremely bad for the seller. Many think that the deadline is the same, regardless of how much they order. That’s one of the major reasons behind cancellations for me. I even had a person that asked for a revision saying they don’t like the content, and I spent 2 weeks trying to contact him almost every day, he entered Fiverr and didn’t reply. So… I had to cancel that too.

Add to that people that order academic content without even contacting me (which needs to be canceled obviously) and also scammers, so you have a variety of situations when you have to cancel.

I did notice that if you have too many cancellations, they do remove you from search.

• Like 26

which is exactly why they pay for this service

That is very strange because I had one “HESHE is a Fiverr Business client” recently and his first message was:

Can you take (link to @frank_d video from the portfolio) and remove/replace the logo in video with mine, in next 6 hours (I kid you not, this is the beautified/simplified version, names changed to protect privacy).

So he is business client? :thinking:

I have a lot of profile names with blue thingy next to them in the inbox, all converted to orders but there is no significant change in order amount or income.

Though if you don’t update one set of things at a time and give enough time to see results you won’t really know which of the things might have improved things (got more orders). eg. whether having gigs with 0 tags that are in the title helped or made it worse.

Some of my gigs literally have no choice but to repeat in tags what is in the title so I did not change all of them drastically.

And when I read here stats that people are sharing all my GIGs are underperforming all the time this entire year because I never had more than 1-5 clicks per day.

My all-time best selling GIG peaks at 8-12 clicks.

But all my GIGs are in the most overcrowded categories.

Promoted, results first 24 hours

Business accounts are a mixed bag. (For me personally)

I had a person with a business account ask me to do their homework. Must have been an affluent student!

• Like 26

Business accounts are a mixed bag. (For me personally)

I had a person with a business account ask me to do their homework. Must have been an affluent student!

I believe Fiverr Business is free for a year, that’s why there are some random Business users.

• Like 23

Due to Fiverr’s multiples system, people can order 20x the regular package for its normal deadline, which is obviously extremely bad for the seller. Many think that the deadline is the same, regardless of how much they order. That’s one of the major reasons behind cancellations for me. I even had a person that asked for a revision saying they don’t like the content, and I spent 2 weeks trying to contact him almost every day, he entered Fiverr and didn’t reply. So… I had to cancel that too.

Add to that people that order academic content without even contacting me (which needs to be canceled obviously) and also scammers, so you have a variety of situations when you have to cancel.

I did notice that if you have too many cancellations, they do remove you from search.

It’s unavoidable in some cases.

The more sales you get, the higher the chances of cancellations are.

Pro-tip: the higher you are priced, the lower the chances of cancellations.

It also helps with the whole “multiple gigs” situation.

Pivot from a “commodity” positioning to a higher-value proposition to solve 80% of your problems. 😉

• Like 27

Pivot from a “commodity” positioning to a higher-value proposition to solve 80% of your problems. 😉

I agree, but I still expect Fiverr to allow sellers a way to lock gig multiples. It shouldn’t be that hard, and I am sure I’m not the only person dealing with this type of cancellations.

• Like 24

I am confused about what this means? :thinking:

• Like 23

I am confused about what this means? :thinking:

Since the message was targeted towards me, I believe I can explain.

Frank basically told me to increase my prices. I have low price points, and that makes me a commodity, so people just throw money in there and don’t read the description. The idea is that whenever someone spends more, they bother reading the description…

• Like 27