What's your 'fuel'?

katakatica

I like a macchiato in the morning but only in Italy - coffee here just doesn’t pack the same punch!

I’ve seen a couple energy drinks online that promise ‘no crash’, none of that weird (umami, I guess) taste that I can’t stand, but I’m torn on them since I can’t stand the rest, so…

I mostly drink when writing for fun / for myself (not for work!)

(on another note, I’m pretty sure I saw Dr Pepper in some of the bigger whatstheirname, one of the main supermarkets - maybe Coop? But that was over a year ago so it might have been just a temporary thing for the summer. Hungary is the same, we have a very small selection of soda here which can be a bit of a drag (since I’m very picky):

Unfortunately I doubt Coop has ever had Dr. Pepper, as it’s my iper/supermarket of choice. Wikipedia says it’s “unofficially” present somewhere here since the end of last decade due to imports from other areas of Europe which could be true, but I personally haven’t seen anything yet. I either have to get it when I’m travelling or if I’m shopping from places like MyAmericanMarket. :frowning_face:

none of that weird (umami, I guess) taste that I can’t stand

Could be umami because of taurine… but I don’t recall tasting umami. But the last time I drank Monster was something like 4 or 5 years ago, so I might be misremembering…

Energy drinks are the best for me. What I do may not be physical, but I found out it’s easier for me to stay concentrated for a long time on a job when I’ve drink one of those. It’s not really healthy so I do that sparsely, for really big jobs…but most of the time I just use coffee instead, it’s not as efficient, but a little bit better health wise. 😅

I write full-time so I think what fuels me is a nice balance in my PayPal account.

Otherwise, why would I bother doing this?

what fuels me is a nice balance in my PayPal account.

I do look forward to the end of the month where I send the earned money to my paypal account for sure. You don’t drink or munch on anything while you write?

If you like chocolate, may I suggest the chocolate pen. 😆

105055000501.jpg.e880cca4a274d96967bb5e6f546d1f3e.jpg

I do look forward to the end of the month where I send the earned money to my paypal account for sure. You don’t drink or munch on anything while you write?

If you like chocolate, may I suggest the chocolate pen. 😆

953d08dcb9481e8355b9a81c2cadfd8b8d9fdaa7

Sometimes I will eat a piece of chocolate. Other times it’s Christmas candy (I have a stash of the old-fashioned hard candy I’ll open the odd time anytime of the year). There’s also unsalted peanuts in my home office. But normally, I don’t munch on anything while writing.

Great question. Energy drinks and wine (and some other types of alcohol) trigger my migraines, so I have to be careful with my fuel of choice. 😃 I enjoy coffee and tea, especially one called Throat Coat tea, since I’m up late recording voice overs. Folks either love that one or hate it, since it’s got a very strong black licorice taste and a coaty type of texture (go figure). But I love the stuff. 😃

Coffee even if caffeine doesn’t work on me but I’m still addicted.
Wine and sweets make me sleepy so it’s better not to have them while I’m working.
Let’s see…yeah, metal and industrial music can energize me a lot.
Oh, snacks too! Like peanuts or almonds 🙂

Great question. Energy drinks and wine (and some other types of alcohol) trigger my migraines, so I have to be careful with my fuel of choice. 😃 I enjoy coffee and tea, especially one called Throat Coat tea, since I’m up late recording voice overs. Folks either love that one or hate it, since it’s got a very strong black licorice taste and a coaty type of texture (go figure). But I love the stuff. 😃

I’m curious about that tea, I admit! I have a licorice-y tea coming in the mail at some point this week (hopefully) but I’m not even sure I’ll like that one! Caffeine is a hit or miss for me as well - and wine just makes me sleepy which isn’t great for work 😃 Apple cider works though sometimes when I’m working on my other stuff or chatting with other writers 😃

Vitamin A is the most enriching supplement for eye health. It saves eyes from macular degeneration and cataracts. Let your eyes get adequate access to vitamin A in your daily diet. It reduces the risk of eye infections and is an effective treatment of dry eyes.

Food Source : Carrots, kale, spinach, dairy products, egg yolks 😉

Vitamin E can be very beneficial for eyes when you experience irregularities in tear film function. It serves as a great antioxidant and protects against cataracts and macular degeneration as well.

Food Source : Eggs, whole grains, vegetable oils, sunflower seeds 😃

Vitamin A is the most enriching supplement for eye health. It saves eyes from macular degeneration and cataracts. Let your eyes get adequate access to vitamin A in your daily diet. It reduces the risk of eye infections and is an effective treatment of dry eyes.

Vitamin E can be very beneficial for eyes when you experience irregularities in tear film function. It serves as a great antioxidant and protects against cataracts and macular degeneration as well.

Basically, pro-tip: eat a lot of eggs. Good one, will start implementing! (not being sarcastic or anything, I like eggs and didn’t know they were good for your eyes lol)

That’s actually something I didn’t know (well, didn’t really research it either!) definitely will eat more eggs 😃 (and probably snack on cheese and sunflower seeds :D) I did notice having issues with my eyes since I am in front of the screen a lot, so… thank you 🙂

I write full-time so I think what fuels me is a nice balance in my PayPal account.

Otherwise, why would I bother doing this?

Mainly, sweets and snacks fuel me! I’m allergic to a lot of foods, so there’s not that many options for me, but there’s a few food that I LOVE!

I’m not a big fan of coffee, but there’s this really good lemon tea that I make for myself and drink occasionally.

YES! This just really keeps me going!

Archived