New quality reviews for Top Rated Sellers

frank_d

I don’t think Fiverr has made any official statements acknowledging their awareness about the outsourcing issue, or if they have, I’ve missed it.

In the thread discussing outsourcing, I mentioned that I had passed along the thread to the person I interact with in the Pro program. He thanked me for alerting him to that thread, and said he would see what he could do about it.

The next day, we get the email about TRS performance. It’s not a conclusive connection, but the timing seems interesting.

d said he would see what he could do about it.

Do about what, outsourcing by Pro and TRS sellers? What exactly is the problem they are trying to fix? Cy says it is outsourcing and I’m not sure how he is able to read into that vague message they are talking about that.

It sounds like there is some problem with the quality TRS are delivering that requires them to be demoted. Beyond that, specifics are not there. If quality is lacking how would they be able to maintain a decent star review rating?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

d said he would see what he could do about it.

Do about what, outsourcing by Pro and TRS sellers? What exactly is the problem they are trying to fix? Cy says it is outsourcing and I’m not sure how he is able to read into that vague message they are talking about that.

It sounds like there is some problem with the quality TRS are delivering that requires them to be demoted. Beyond that, specifics are not there. If quality is lacking how would they be able to maintain a decent star review rating?

I wasn’t clear. It sounded like it was the first he’d heard about the issue brought up in that thread. It was in the vein of “let me check into the issue” and see what he could find out, and what might be done to address it.

I had also shared my concerns about the trust issue that this could create, and how that could undermine the credibility of the Pro program. So that’s what he’d been put on alert about.

Cy and I were drawing a conclusion when connecting the TRS message and the outsourcing issue. It’s not like a firm connection, but we were talking in terms of “it might be possible.”

It sounds like there is some problem with the quality TRS are delivering that requires them to be demoted. Beyond that, specifics are not there.

Personally, I am not so sure it is a problem that exists with TRS sellers. If you see my earlier response to Frank, I took from the message that they were reminding TRS sellers of the criteria.

I wasn’t clear. It sounded like it was the first he’d heard about the issue brought up in that thread. It was in the vein of “let me check into the issue” and see what he could find out, and what might be done to address it.

I had also shared my concerns about the trust issue that this could create, and how that could undermine the credibility of the Pro program. So that’s what he’d been put on alert about.

Cy and I were drawing a conclusion when connecting the TRS message and the outsourcing issue. It’s not like a firm connection, but we were talking in terms of “it might be possible.”

It sounds like there is some problem with the quality TRS are delivering that requires them to be demoted. Beyond that, specifics are not there.

Personally, I am not so sure it is a problem that exists with TRS sellers. If you see my earlier response to Frank, I took from the message that they were reminding TRS sellers of the criteria.

It sounds like they are letting TRS know they will be demoted if they aren’t delivering quality services. I would expect to get a high quality logo for example from a TRS logo designer so maybe that’s a good thing if they see something awful that a TRS delivers as a logo. I was shocked to see that clipart in a Pro’s samples the other day. I see that little clipart bearded man in so many new logo designer’s gigs.

beardedman.jpg.7d32b5a73e006f646a5ce0ad1826dba7.jpg

He is going to charge $1,200 to deliver this? Or this:

A.thumb.jpg.1880ca3c969f1b8a4cc1595ef216bab9.jpg

It sounds like they are letting TRS know they will be demoted if they aren’t delivering quality services. I would expect to get a high quality logo for example from a TRS logo designer so maybe that’s a good thing if they see something awful that a TRS delivers as a logo. I was shocked to see that clipart in a Pro’s samples the other day. I see that little clipart bearded man in so many new logo designer’s gigs.

beardedman

He is going to charge $1,200 to deliver this? Or this:

Yes, they are letting TRS know they will be demoted if they aren’t delivering quality services.

But that’s why I said it felt like a reminder - this is not a new requirement. When they set up the standards to maintain the TRS Level, it was stated that each would be evaluated every month. Remember the demotions to Level Two that happened after they first instituted this evaluation?

Yes, they are letting TRS know they will be demoted if they aren’t delivering quality services.

But that’s why I said it felt like a reminder - this is not a new requirement. When they set up the standards to maintain the TRS Level, it was stated that each would be evaluated every month. Remember the demotions to Level Two that happened after they first instituted this evaluation?

I wish there would be something specific mentioned that was the problem they are trying to address.

I’m rarely negative about Fiverr related stuff but this is stupid.

Instead of demoting sellers why not create another level, say, “Fiverr Elite” and promote sellers, improve moral and give us something to reach for instead of making us look over our shoulder?

This is for the most part subjective. I deal in videos and voice overs and my prices are in the hundreds of dollars. I usually have to ask for extensions because my buyers are on the other side of the world, don’t speak my language as their first language. In an effort to provide a quality product I have to extend times because they placed the order incorrectly or have not sent their product to me, OR they need help with their scripts.

Just today I sent a message to a buyer after the delivery and told them that I (as in ME) wasn’t satisfied with the end result. Their script was wonky and I didn’t realize how they had missed the mark until I began editing the video. So, I rewrote their script, sent them a message asking them to clarify some items (they’re in China) so I could deliver a product that we would both be proud of.

They haven’t even responded to the delivery and probably would’ve accepted it as is but I thought I could do an even better job if they’d give me better info.

For this, I could be demoted?

Shaking my head at you FIVERR!!!

I agree. I don’t get too worked up over most Fiverr stuff. But, this vague message bothers me.

I know I sound like a broken record, but the platform already has mechanisms in place to keep most bad actors out of TRS status.

A nice incentive to do better instead of a stick based on subjective judgments would make a bigger difference and reduce stress.

I wish there would be something specific mentioned that was the problem they are trying to address.

I totally agree! But I think Fiverr lives in a world where knowledge is power, so giving away what they are doing comes in bits and pieces.

I agree. I don’t get too worked up over most Fiverr stuff. But, this vague message bothers me.

I know I sound like a broken record, but the platform already has mechanisms in place to keep most bad actors out of TRS status.

A nice incentive to do better instead of a stick based on subjective judgments would make a bigger difference and reduce stress.

I’ve seen so many TRS demoted already for various things, that people already know it takes a herculean feat of endurance to continue in that level. It’s one reason I cut down to only four gigs. I have made it easier on myself.

I’ve seen so many TRS demoted already for various things, that people already know it takes a herculean feat of endurance to continue in that level. It’s one reason I cut down to only four gigs. I have made it easier on myself.

It’s one reason I cut down to only four gigs. I have made it easier on myself.

Interesting, @misscrystal. I have cut back on my gigs as well. It made life simpler.

It’s the only way I can take the stress lol. :crazy_face:

Boy do I hear that. Plus, I had a couple of gigs that people didn’t seem to understand (or even read), like providing an “elevator pitch,” so they would make bizarre work requests.

Boy do I hear that. Plus, I had a couple of gigs that people didn’t seem to understand (or even read), like providing an “elevator pitch,” so they would make bizarre work requests.

they would make bizarre work requests.

You don’t know the half of it — it’s non stop for me.

I got the email too.

So now they have a new excuse to demote a TRS?

At least I feel a little threatened by received this email.

Yes it’s threatening even if you are already doing everything right. It’s the not knowing what they will do or what they are looking for exactly. Isn’t having happy clients and delighted repeat clients who leave 5 star reviews, answering every message within 24 hours, never delivering late enough?

Yes, now they just act like: “Hey you lucky TRS, we now gave you a warning letter, don’t blame us when we demoted you (TRS) without notice. Good Luck with that, see how long you can keep up the game.”

That’s the whole message I get what fiverr want to let me know in the email.

Yes, now they just act like: “Hey you lucky TRS, we now gave you a warning letter, don’t blame us when we demoted you (TRS) without notice. Good Luck with that, see how long you can keep up the game.”

That’s the whole message I get what fiverr want to let me know in the email.

@chrisdata , I think a key to the message is this phrase: “In cases where your service doesn’t meet these expectations repeatedly, … you might get demoted.”

When they first came out with the monthly evaluation, the tone was more “if you fail to meet these standards, you will be demoted.” Not repeatedly, but each month you had to maintain the standard. That was when a lot of TRS sellers did get demoted in the next months.

This is a little softer message, in my opinion - because of the word repeatedly.

@chrisdata , I think a key to the message is this phrase: “In cases where your service doesn’t meet these expectations repeatedly, … you might get demoted.”

When they first came out with the monthly evaluation, the tone was more “if you fail to meet these standards, you will be demoted.” Not repeatedly, but each month you had to maintain the standard. That was when a lot of TRS sellers did get demoted in the next months.

This is a little softer message, in my opinion - because of the word repeatedly.

But what are the expectations? Can we get specific about that. Am I meeting those expectations now? I can only judge by my reviews and happy messages I get. Is that enough? Is doing my best good enough? I do not get chargebacks much at all. Is that good enough? And never being late? Let’s mentions some specifics and even send me a notice saying you are doing very good if it’s possible.

I was happy to see a gig marked “fiverr’s choice” as a nice little bit of positive feedback that fiverr does notice my excellent service.

But what are the expectations? Can we get specific about that. Am I meeting those expectations now? I can only judge by my reviews and happy messages I get. Is that enough? Is doing my best good enough? I do not get chargebacks much at all. Is that good enough? And never being late? Let’s mentions some specifics and even send me a notice saying you are doing very good if it’s possible.

I was happy to see a gig marked “fiverr’s choice” as a nice little bit of positive feedback that fiverr does notice my excellent service.

I think the expectations implied in the message is the vagueness that started this whole conversation. We don’t know what those expectations are. We can’t get specific, so we are left with speculation and uncertainty.

Now, that said - this vagueness is not exclusive to Fiverr. I’ve seen it a lot in the corporate world, where management doesn’t present all the information.

I think the expectations implied in the message is the vagueness that started this whole conversation. We don’t know what those expectations are. We can’t get specific, so we are left with speculation and uncertainty.

Now, that said - this vagueness is not exclusive to Fiverr. I’ve seen it a lot in the corporate world, where management doesn’t present all the information.

I guess they want to leave themselves wiggle room to meet any type of situation as they see fit to demote when they feel it is needed.

I had one company send me a huge fruit and gift basket one time to mark their appreciation. That was a nice reward.

The senator I worked for gave me the largest fanciest office aside from his own as a reward. Those went a long way with me, things like that. I’ve never had a company feel the need to put me on notice of possible demotion before.

I guess they want to leave themselves wiggle room to meet any type of situation as they see fit to demote when they feel it is needed.

I had one company send me a huge fruit and gift basket one time to mark their appreciation. That was a nice reward.

The senator I worked for gave me the largest fanciest office aside from his own as a reward. Those went a long way with me, things like that. I’ve never had a company feel the need to put me on notice of possible demotion before.

I think you hit it on the head. If they don’t specify, they can change things as needed.

What a nice honor to get those rewards.

Unfortunately, Fiverr doesn’t acknowledge the positive as often as they penalize and accentuate the negative.

When I received that email, I saw the headline keywords “quality reviews” & “TRS”, so my first thought was “sweet, finally some new feature for TRS, we hadn’t gotten any since like forever! Probably they’re finally doing something with the current conflicting order reviews system”

Then I open it, and with every line I read it started to feel more like this:

137_300x300_Front_Color-NA.jpg?Size=NA&AttributeValue=NA&region=%7B%22name%22:%22FrontCenter%22,%22width%22:3,%22height%22:1,%22alignment%22:%22MiddleCenter%22,%22orientation%22:1,%22dpi%22:200,%22crop_x%22:0,%22crop_y%22:0,%22crop_h%22:200,%22crop_w%22:600,%22scale%22:0,%22template%22:%7B%22id%22:14825379,%22params%22:%7B%7D%7D%7D&Filters=%5B%7B%22name%22:%22background%22,%22value%22:%22ddddde%22,%22sequence%22:2%7D%5D

…and there go the happy emails from Fiverr 😦 I used to be happy to receive emails/updates from Fiverr, now it’s getting scarier with each email/update 😕

Anyway, I guess the timing coincided with different matters that we all were dealing with. Some were dealing with cancellations, some with CS, others with the way they work/deliver, which means there is no exact coincidence to have triggered that email. It’s just a coincidence that there were so many coincidences. Or something :thinking:

Bottom line: it must have been an automated email, for it seems we all got it at about the same time 🙂 So whatever you were doing Fiverr-related at the time you got the email, it was most likely a coincidence, and didn’t actually trigger that email being sent to you 🙂

137_300x300_Front_Color-NA.jpg.d4c1cff5199f847a2833c154818692c5.jpg

When I received that email, I saw the headline keywords “quality reviews” & “TRS”, so my first thought was “sweet, finally some new feature for TRS, we hadn’t gotten any since like forever! Probably they’re finally doing something with the current conflicting order reviews system”

Then I open it, and with every line I read it started to feel more like this:

137_300x300_Front_Color-NA.jpg?Size=NA&AttributeValue=NA&region=%7B%22name%22:%22FrontCenter%22,%22width%22:3,%22height%22:1,%22alignment%22:%22MiddleCenter%22,%22orientation%22:1,%22dpi%22:200,%22crop_x%22:0,%22crop_y%22:0,%22crop_h%22:200,%22crop_w%22:600,%22scale%22:0,%22template%22:%7B%22id%22:14825379,%22params%22:%7B%7D%7D%7D&Filters=%5B%7B%22name%22:%22background%22,%22value%22:%22ddddde%22,%22sequence%22:2%7D%5D

…and there go the happy emails from Fiverr 😦 I used to be happy to receive emails/updates from Fiverr, now it’s getting scarier with each email/update 😕

Anyway, I guess the timing coincided with different matters that we all were dealing with. Some were dealing with cancellations, some with CS, others with the way they work/deliver, which means there is no exact coincidence to have triggered that email. It’s just a coincidence that there were so many coincidences. Or something :thinking:

Bottom line: it must have been an automated email, for it seems we all got it at about the same time 🙂 So whatever you were doing Fiverr-related at the time you got the email, it was most likely a coincidence, and didn’t actually trigger that email being sent to you 🙂

“sweet, finally some new feature for TRS, we hadn’t gotten any since like forever! Probably they’re finally doing something with the current conflicting order reviews system”

I know, right. I read it as something positive as well. At first. 🙂

Also, how are we supposed to “value quality over quantity” when we can’t decline projects without repercussions? Unless it’s about custom offers specifically.

The more I think about the letter, the more it doesn’t make any sense to me.

“sweet, finally some new feature for TRS, we hadn’t gotten any since like forever! Probably they’re finally doing something with the current conflicting order reviews system”

Also, how are we supposed to “value quality over quantity” when we can’t decline projects without repercussions? Unless it’s about custom offers specifically.

Also, how are we supposed to “value quality over quantity” when we can’t decline projects without repercussions?

I think by quantity they meant those TRS who still offer $5-10 gigs and have lots of small orders. So I assume Fiverr wants us to up our prices to a point where we don’t get many orders, but rather few and big orders.

Maybe they mean if a Fiverr seller is getting too many orders to deliver in the best quality because their price is too low or “limit orders in queue” isn’t set to the best value. eg. maybe they’re saying if needed to ensure the best quality fewer orders could be done but at higher prices to make up for the lower quantity.

Archived