New quality reviews for Top Rated Sellers

frank_d

I’m posting this here even though it’s not strictly for Top Rated Sellers, because it’s related to overall quality that is required of all sellers:

I’ve just noticed some changes/additions in the ToS (the latest update was this month):

"Gigs and/or users may be removed by Fiverr from the Site for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:

• Promoting Fiverr and/or Fiverr Gigs through activities that are prohibited by any laws, regulations, and/or third parties’ terms of service, as well as through any marketing activity that negatively affects our relationships with our users or partners."

This one probably covers, among other things, spamming other Fiverr sellers on Twitter and elsewhere.

" * Gigs are required to have an appropriate Gig image related to the service offered. An option to upload two additional Gig images are available to all Sellers. Sellers must deliver the same quality of service as shown on their Gig images. Recurring deliveries that don’t match the quality shown on the Gig images may lead to the Seller’s account losing Seller status or becoming permanently disabled."

I’m not completely sure if this is new or if I’ve just noticed it now, but either way, this could be a useful way to get rid of those who put beautiful gig images and deliver awful design.

Promoting Fiverr and/or Fiverr Gigs through activities that are prohibited by any laws, regulations, and/or third parties’ terms of service, as well as through any marketing activity that negatively affects our relationships with our users or partners."

This is why I can’t market Fiverr. "As well as through any marketing activity that negatively affects our relationships with our users or partners" simply reads to me like "Anything you do might be interpreted as negative at our discretion."

Sellers must deliver the same quality of service as shown on their Gig images. Recurring deliveries that don’t match the quality shown on the Gig images may lead to the Seller’s account losing Seller status or becoming permanently disabled ."

The problem with this bit is that some buyers might request a low-quality image, etc.

I know that this sounds odd. However, I have video buyers who send me awful logos and background images, which it is simply impossible to work with. I also have articles which I cringe writing.

Basically, what someone might consider poor quality work, can actually be the result of a poor quality buyer. 😦

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Promoting Fiverr and/or Fiverr Gigs through activities that are prohibited by any laws, regulations, and/or third parties’ terms of service, as well as through any marketing activity that negatively affects our relationships with our users or partners."

This is why I can’t market Fiverr. "As well as through any marketing activity that negatively affects our relationships with our users or partners" simply reads to me like "Anything you do might be interpreted as negative at our discretion."

Sellers must deliver the same quality of service as shown on their Gig images. Recurring deliveries that don’t match the quality shown on the Gig images may lead to the Seller’s account losing Seller status or becoming permanently disabled ."

The problem with this bit is that some buyers might request a low-quality image, etc.

I know that this sounds odd. However, I have video buyers who send me awful logos and background images, which it is simply impossible to work with. I also have articles which I cringe writing.

Basically, what someone might consider poor quality work, can actually be the result of a poor quality buyer. 😦

Or basically the quality of the delivery can be affected by the quality of any source materials supplied by the buyer which the seller may not have control over. edit: plus exactly what is asked for by the buyer.

“Anything you do might be interpreted as negative at our discretion.”

And we have spammers to thank for that.

Hopefully, that’s what “may lead to” instead of “will definitely lead to” is for, but I agree, it’s open to interpretation.

I sort of understand why the decision was made as I’ve seen sellers whose live portfolio looks nothing like the main 3 preview images.

But I can’t start turning people away only because the aesthetic they insist on is “subpar” comparing to what I do. I suspect fiverr won’t be happy about that either.

I read it more as “apply common sense” but yes, it could mean both, depending. On whatever. 😉

OK, first of all let me apologize if it seemed like I was saying: “this is your fault”.

Let me take another shot at this.

That’s not my experience. When I was promoted to TRS, I wasn’t better than anyone else. I was simply getting a lot of orders, was never late, and had a lot of happy clients, and a few unhappy ones.

So basically you only focused on your key metrics, even though those were not a thing on our dashboard yet. OK I have a question: if you could go back, right before your demotion from TRS, knowing what you do now, would you have done anything differently?

They hired me to perform a task, not to manipulate them, lead them, influence them, etc.

I never said anything about manipulation, or being an interim CEO of their company or caring about whether or not their project will be a success.

What I meant was: lead the discussion.

If a buyer comes to you with a crappy brief, don’t take on that project.

Talk to them about their brief, propose a new scope, tell them when their budget won’t get them far.

Leading the conversation means you are ahead of your client, know where you want to go, and seek alignment with them early on to see if you want to work with them or not. And how you are going to do either.

Just by saying that you are someone who just performs tasks can be very limiting for you.

People come to you with a problem. Your service may be the solution.

My friends who work in web marketing tell me the horror stories of clients that want to be on the first page of Google but aren’t willing to do everything they need to do to make that happen. Or they tell me of awful products that won’t sell no matter what you do to sell them. I believe them, this idea that the customer is always right and the creators are always wrong is absurd.

I assure you none of your friends lead any discussions with their clients.

The customer is always right? I never said that, don’t believe it either.

if you could go back, right before your demotion from TRS, knowing what you do now, would you have done anything differently?

I would have never created a gig about brand names. I didn’t do that before my promotion to level 2. I only did it after becoming TRS, because I needed to make more money and not enough people were ordering my other gigs.

The reality is I wasn’t focused on anything, I was just a reliable seller who got good reviews and lots of orders. I never participated in the forum, didn’t promote myself on social media or advertise my gigs in any way.

If a buyer comes to you with a crappy brief, don’t take on that project.

I admit I do reject orders in troublesome categories. Such as brand names for kitchens products. I’ve had bad experiences with those, so I politely tell buyers that I can’t help them.

Remember this topic folks?

Well, just a little heads up - I’ve been doing EVERYTHING Fiverr suggested to work with my clients - provide excellent service, remain committed to finishing projects and what not - and I’m still demoted because I don’t meet their expectations. If I don’t meet their expectations of great service - about 15 negative-to-semi-negative reviews in the last 9 years here - then what more do I need to do?!

I suspected it would happen, and it only bothers me slightly - but really Fiverr my gigs don’t show up in the search algorithm and the only way buyers found me was through the TRS tab. I’m glad I’ve got a job outside of Fiverr because I think it’s time to hang it up here! Just take custom offer only and go from there!

Remember this topic folks?

Well, just a little heads up - I’ve been doing EVERYTHING Fiverr suggested to work with my clients - provide excellent service, remain committed to finishing projects and what not - and I’m still demoted because I don’t meet their expectations. If I don’t meet their expectations of great service - about 15 negative-to-semi-negative reviews in the last 9 years here - then what more do I need to do?!

I suspected it would happen, and it only bothers me slightly - but really Fiverr my gigs don’t show up in the search algorithm and the only way buyers found me was through the TRS tab. I’m glad I’ve got a job outside of Fiverr because I think it’s time to hang it up here! Just take custom offer only and go from there!

OK wait, what just happened? Did you lose your TRS level?

Did you fail one of the 3 key metrics or was it a manual demotion??

OK wait, what just happened? Did you lose your TRS level?

Did you fail one of the 3 key metrics or was it a manual demotion??

Manual demotion. Everything was in the green… 100 percent on everything; no warnings. I sent them an email about it, and when I put in something about why I was demoted, it showed me a metric that said I had received a warning. However, in my actual analytics, there is no warning mentioned. So, I’m not sure if that’s legit or not under that reasoning of why I was demoted.

Manual demotion. Everything was in the green… 100 percent on everything; no warnings. I sent them an email about it, and when I put in something about why I was demoted, it showed me a metric that said I had received a warning. However, in my actual analytics, there is no warning mentioned. So, I’m not sure if that’s legit or not under that reasoning of why I was demoted.

Can you post it here? what was the warning about?

Did you have any recent orders going south?

Can you post it here? what was the warning about?

Did you have any recent orders going south?

No warning Frank!

And yes my orders have been going south since the start of June. My gigs are nowhere to be found other than under the TRS label. However, if this warning happened - without my knowledge - and trust me, I’d have known - then it happened after June 15.

No warning Frank!

And yes my orders have been going south since the start of June. My gigs are nowhere to be found other than under the TRS label. However, if this warning happened - without my knowledge - and trust me, I’d have known - then it happened after June 15.

Oh I see you created a thread about this, let me post my reply there as I do have some thoughts.

So, SO sorry this happened to you!

No warning Frank!

I got demoted too, @emeraldawnn. I had one metric that fell barely below the threshold, and I got bumped to Level 2. The irony - the same day, the metric rose back to an acceptable level.

So much for “it’s just a reminder, people, nothing to worry about.”

my orders have been going south since the start of June.

You know, I’ve talked to a number of TRS sellers, and we’ve all experienced the same drop in orders. Mine goes back to May. I don’t think it’s just a “summer slump.” I think Fiverr did something behind the scenes to enhance their image for the IPO, and it’s affecting the sellers.

That’s the problem though… I didn’t fall below any metric on the analytics page on our page, but according to Fiverr CS’ analytics, I had a warning. I have never received a warning of any type. And, I AM pushing this matter because I just got notified that I didn’t qualify and to keep up the good work and I might get it in three months… no mention about the files I uploaded.

I got demoted too, @emeraldawnn. I had one metric that fell barely below the threshold, and I got bumped to Level 2. The irony - the same day, the metric rose back to an acceptable level.

So much for “it’s just a reminder, people, nothing to worry about.”

my orders have been going south since the start of June.

You know, I’ve talked to a number of TRS sellers, and we’ve all experienced the same drop in orders. Mine goes back to May. I don’t think it’s just a “summer slump.” I think Fiverr did something behind the scenes to enhance their image for the IPO, and it’s affecting the sellers.

and I got bumped to Level 2

this happened today?

Question, has everyone received their monthly “congratulations, you’ve maintained TRS seller status!” yet this month? I’ve not received any notifications on my level after this months evaluation, but I am still TRS at the moment (analytics all good)

Question, has everyone received their monthly “congratulations, you’ve maintained TRS seller status!” yet this month? I’ve not received any notifications on my level after this months evaluation, but I am still TRS at the moment (analytics all good)

it’s the same here at the moment

• 1 month later...

I also received the email.

I am guessing that they could use the survey that a buyer gives after delivery. There is a separate buyer survey that is only seen by Fiverr. This could be an opportunity for the customer to be more candid about their experience. Negative input from the buyer on the private survey could trigger more attention by the system.

Wow I had no idea buyers were sent a private survey. I wish they would send sellers a private survey just to keep it fair and consistent. Even if I had a “not so great experience” I would keep it professional. I have recently passed on projects because I just wasn’t a good fit but of course I responded professionally.

• 1 year later...

Archived