New quality reviews for Top Rated Sellers

frank_d

exactly… nothing is clear from that .

Also there’s this part

‘’ How to keep your Top Rated seller badge:

• Favor quality over quantity: Quality work and delivery are the cornerstones of your business’ reputation and success.
  • Manage your workflow: Accept custom orders only if you are sure to deliver high-quality work.
  • Set the right expectations: Make sure you can deliver work within the timeframes and prices you defined in your Gig’s description. ‘’

We had to maintain these standards until now …as well , I don’t think this is new.

Manage your workflow: Accept custom orders only if you are sure to deliver high-quality work

What does that mean exactly? We should refrain from sending custom offers for regular work, and use that only for orders which require super high-quality work. 😀

Many buyers ask me to send custom offers even when they can easily order directly from Gig Page.

This point is very confusing to me.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if they pick orders randomly for checks, or only if there seems to be an issue, perhaps triggered by the private buyer review.

What will they be looking at if you worked on a buyer’s Google doc directly, for example, with a link, or if the buyer gave you access to their backend on some other platform? After a seller finished such an order and before they might check, a buyer may have added something to their documents they don’t want anyone to see but forgot to change the link, I’m not sure how that gels with privacy and all.
I hope this will be communicated clearly to buyers as well. Some do expressly ask to keep files confidential, too.In case any info leaks and a buyer complains, I hope there are logs which show that not just the seller accessed the files but also whoever did the checks.

Well, from my end, as long as they don’t have more important things to do and have competent people to check and won’t raise their percentage, so be it. If this will be a shoot first, ask later approach, however, as some other things seem to go, people might first lose their levels in case of wrong assessment of the checking person and will need to spend their precious time on getting it cleared up and their level back.

Does this means they are spending IPO money on those checks? I know a local platform that generally does quality checks, for everyone, but that comes at a higher price point of the platform as a whole.

At least, we got an interesting thread now on the forum! 😉

I also received the email.

I am guessing that they could use the survey that a buyer gives after delivery. There is a separate buyer survey that is only seen by Fiverr. This could be an opportunity for the customer to be more candid about their experience. Negative input from the buyer on the private survey could trigger more attention by the system.

I also received the email.

I am guessing that they could use the survey that a buyer gives after delivery. There is a separate buyer survey that is only seen by Fiverr. This could be an opportunity for the customer to be more candid about their experience. Negative input from the buyer on the private survey could trigger more attention by the system.

Negative input from the buyer on the private survey could trigger more attention by the system.

I would think such a buyer would express unhappiness to the seller but maybe not.

I know that if I started to get negative comments from buyers I would listen and try to improve whatever they were complaining about but it hasn’t happened.

Heard back from my SM.

They asked to see the email (since they don’t know everything that’s going on)

I forwarded the email and they then told me I have nothing to worry about.

We are still on for a call tomorrow, as I still need more info, a more formal breakdown.

If there’s a new tool of evaluation, I need to know more parameters than what the email included.

‘’ I am unable to share any details about the review, however, I am sure if you have provided quality service and maintained a certain level of professionalism, there is no need to worry. Just follow the instructions you have received in your email and I am sure that there will be any inconveniences.’’

Well hopefully it’s not something bad…

‘’ I am unable to share any details about the review, however, I am sure if you have provided quality service and maintained a certain level of professionalism, there is no need to worry. Just follow the instructions you have received in your email and I am sure that there will be any inconveniences.’’

Is that the reply you got from CS or do you have a SM?

I am sure that there will be any inconveniences.

Did they mean to put the word “not” in there? 😄

I’m getting a headache, something I almost never get. Why don’t they just tell us what’s wrong or what they think is wrong?

Well nothing is wrong, there’s no need to panic.

If anything I think this is a positive step that may potentially weed out TRS that don’t deserve to be TRS.

So I’ll wait to see what my SM can share with me, and choose to focus on my Business Bootcamp homework for now to keep my sanity. 🙂

Heard back from my SM.

They asked to see the email (since they don’t know everything that’s going on)

I forwarded the email and they then told me I have nothing to worry about.

We are still on for a call tomorrow, as I still need more info, a more formal breakdown.

If there’s a new tool of evaluation, I need to know more parameters than what the email included.

New evaluation tool??

@frank_d It sounds like we can’t offer extras:

Set the right expectations: Make sure you can deliver work within the timeframes and prices you defined in your Gig’s description. ’

Maybe if you think of it you could ask your SM if we are allowed to suggest extras after the order is placed? Thanks (I don’t have an SM to ask.)

@frank_d It sounds like we can’t offer extras:

Set the right expectations: Make sure you can deliver work within the timeframes and prices you defined in your Gig’s description. ’

Maybe if you think of it you could ask your SM if we are allowed to suggest extras after the order is placed? Thanks (I don’t have an SM to ask.)

Great. The second I got to the airport, I got this email. Also, are the parameters of “how” are this vague on purpose? I have no idea what any of this means.

Except this sounds worrying:

prices you defined in your Gig’s description

I do offer extras if the buyer wants more work than my order includes. How is this bad or my fault?

I’m rarely negative about Fiverr related stuff but this is stupid.

Instead of demoting sellers why not create another level, say, “Fiverr Elite” and promote sellers, improve moral and give us something to reach for instead of making us look over our shoulder?

This is for the most part subjective. I deal in videos and voice overs and my prices are in the hundreds of dollars. I usually have to ask for extensions because my buyers are on the other side of the world, don’t speak my language as their first language. In an effort to provide a quality product I have to extend times because they placed the order incorrectly or have not sent their product to me, OR they need help with their scripts.

Just today I sent a message to a buyer after the delivery and told them that I (as in ME) wasn’t satisfied with the end result. Their script was wonky and I didn’t realize how they had missed the mark until I began editing the video. So, I rewrote their script, sent them a message asking them to clarify some items (they’re in China) so I could deliver a product that we would both be proud of.

They haven’t even responded to the delivery and probably would’ve accepted it as is but I thought I could do an even better job if they’d give me better info.

For this, I could be demoted?

Shaking my head at you FIVERR!!!

extrasmessage.GIF.6699276c0040a0c32ae94bee9b6707ab.GIF

That works well for me and for my clients. None seem to mind when I offer extras and most do go ahead and get at least one.

I do understand that there have been people who have complained a few times on the forum that they had a seller say the price was more than the gig was showing but usually either the buyer wanted more work than he paid for, or it was said in a message to a buyer before he placed an order.

So clarification on this would be appreciated as to how it relates to offering extras;

Make sure you can deliver work within the timeframes and prices you defined in your Gig’s description. ’
I always make it clear that extras are an option for them and not required. If they choose not to get them that’s perfectly ok. But now it sounds too risky to suggest them.

Archived