New quality reviews for Top Rated Sellers

frank_d

Really grinds one down doesn’t it? Once again, an absolutely out of the blue policy offered up with zero tact or proper explanation. Wonderful job! Everyone is left guessing what it really means all over again! Treating supposedly valued sellers like school children. Really tiresome, honestly.

It’s been nearly 2 years since the monthly level evaluation policy came in and yet they still haven’t addressed mutual cancellations. After promises they were going to be looked at and a sensible and fair mechanic would be introduced, we’re still punished for cancelling orders because a customer has failed to read the gig page properly, has created duplicate orders, has changed their mind etc etc.

How about actually dealing with that sort of glaringly obvious stuff rather than focusing on wearing us down?

Great job as always! /s

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, how are we supposed to “value quality over quantity” when we can’t decline projects without repercussions?

I think by quantity they meant those TRS who still offer $5-10 gigs and have lots of small orders. So I assume Fiverr wants us to up our prices to a point where we don’t get many orders, but rather few and big orders.

we don’t get many orders, but rather few and big orders.

Hopefully they will look at the order completion analytics too. The fewer orders you deliver each month the harder it is to cope with unavoidable cancellations.

I haven’t used “limit orders in queue” feature for over a year. I forgot it was even a thing. People order much less and are inclined to discuss it more beforehand, ask for more custom offers so everything’s fine to me in that regard.

I wonder if canceling a custom offer is a double crime now because we are the ones sending them out and we do have some control with those.

I went on a vacation to unwind and relax a bit and now I’m just stressed and confused. But overall, it just sounds to me like: “If you’re a TRS, we can demote you regardless of the stats. Deal with it.”

Really grinds one down doesn’t it? Once again, an absolutely out of the blue policy offered up with zero tact or proper explanation. Wonderful job! Everyone is left guessing what it really means all over again! Treating supposedly valued sellers like school children. Really tiresome, honestly.

It’s been nearly 2 years since the monthly level evaluation policy came in and yet they still haven’t addressed mutual cancellations. After promises they were going to be looked at and a sensible and fair mechanic would be introduced, we’re still punished for cancelling orders because a customer has failed to read the gig page properly, has created duplicate orders, has changed their mind etc etc.

How about actually dealing with that sort of glaringly obvious stuff rather than focusing on wearing us down?

Great job as always! /s

an absolutely out of the blue policy offered up with zero tact or proper explanation […] Everyone is left guessing what it really means

Maybe that was the whole purpose to begin with: instead of spending time themselves to figure out the details, they made it vague so that we all debate this and give them ideas 👀 #crowd_brainstorming

I haven’t used “limit orders in queue” feature for over a year. I forgot it was even a thing. People order much less and are inclined to discuss it more beforehand, ask for more custom offers so everything’s fine to me in that regard.

I wonder if canceling a custom offer is a double crime now because we are the ones sending them out and we do have some control with those.

I went on a vacation to unwind and relax a bit and now I’m just stressed and confused. But overall, it just sounds to me like: “If you’re a TRS, we can demote you regardless of the stats. Deal with it.”

“If you’re a TRS, we can demote you regardless of the stats. Deal with it.”

That’s exactly what it meant. “We introduced a convoluted automatic levels evaluation system that wasn’t really well thought out so we’ll waste more resources, better spent on addressing legitimate issues, and spy on you instead. Then we can manually beat you with a stick.”

instead of spending time themselves to figure out the details, they made it vague so that we all debate this and give them ideas

Really wouldn’t surprise me. It’s as if their communications people have never actually worked with freelancers before.

“If you’re a TRS, we can demote you regardless of the stats. Deal with it.”

That’s exactly what it meant. “We introduced a convoluted automatic levels evaluation system that wasn’t really well thought out so we’ll waste more resources, better spent on addressing legitimate issues, and spy on you instead. Then we can manually beat you with a stick.”

instead of spending time themselves to figure out the details, they made it vague so that we all debate this and give them ideas

Really wouldn’t surprise me. It’s as if their communications people have never actually worked with freelancers before.

Fantastic. Once that’s out of the way, I actually feel a bit better. I better up my prices to deal with the stress if I survive the evaluation.

Fantastic. Once that’s out of the way, I actually feel a bit better. I better up my prices to deal with the stress if I survive the evaluation.

I don’t actually think the majority of us that are honest and professional sellers have too much to worry about. I mean, you never know with Fiverr - Logic and reason often seem to go missing lately and I can’t quite understand why.

What truly winds me up is the lack of respect. It’s one thing after another. It feels like every few months some ominous or suspect change happens, just out of the blue, and it feels unnecessary.

It’s hard enough working for yourself (at least for me), I’d rather just be left alone to get on with it rather than have unnecessary stresses to juggle.

I don’t actually think the majority of us that are honest and professional sellers have too much to worry about. I mean, you never know with Fiverr - Logic and reason often seem to go missing lately and I can’t quite understand why.

What truly winds me up is the lack of respect. It’s one thing after another. It feels like every few months some ominous or suspect change happens, just out of the blue, and it feels unnecessary.

It’s hard enough working for yourself (at least for me), I’d rather just be left alone to get on with it rather than have unnecessary stresses to juggle.

I’d rather just be left alone to get on with it rather than have unnecessary stresses to juggle.

Just like in Fiverr’s early days… 😟

I’m worried about the hidden feedback buyers give that we don’t see. How many “it’s good but could’ve been better” do you need in 60 days for it to bite your behind? Like someone’s going to review every one of those manually and individually.

And I’m not even talking about genuinely difficult situations that you’ve handled but still that may have warranted some negativity in the feedback.

Really, though, thank you. You’ve made me feel a bit better about this.

OK quick update:

I sent my SM all of the questions I could think of+ some that were posted here and we scheduled a call for tomorrow so they have some time to talk to the proper department.

They sounded very reassuring that there is nothing to worry about but at the same time they couldn’t tell me what will be different from here on out.

OK quick update:

I sent my SM all of the questions I could think of+ some that were posted here and we scheduled a call for tomorrow so they have some time to talk to the proper department.

They sounded very reassuring that there is nothing to worry about but at the same time they couldn’t tell me what will be different from here on out.

Thanks Frank. You are our hope for some clarity on this.

Aside from not being able to offer extras according to the wording in that message, what if we send a custom offer that costs more, and has more extras, than our base price? It suggests that is not allowed too.

It sounds like we might be demoted if we suggest any extras at any time.

For me this, the part about price, needs clarifying:

• Set the right expectations: Make sure you can deliver work within the timeframes and prices you defined in your Gig’s description.

Is the section of my gig where the extras are located considered part of my gig’s description?

The craziest thing about this is the fact we got the new studio 6 days ago, where you are held accountable to other seller’s feedback and less than a week later we are now being told TRS levels are at risk from consistently poor reviews etc. The two do not play nice with eachother. Another reason to aviod the new studio feature.

Thanks Frank. You are our hope for some clarity on this.

Aside from not being able to offer extras according to the wording in that message, what if we send a custom offer that costs more, and has more extras, than our base price? It suggests that is not allowed too.

It sounds like we might be demoted if we suggest any extras at any time.

For me this, the part about price, needs clarifying:

• Set the right expectations: Make sure you can deliver work within the timeframes and prices you defined in your Gig’s description.

Is the section of my gig where the extras are located considered part of my gig’s description?

I will forward that question for sure, but the way I read it they are just saying: “you better not pull of a bait and switch”.

Lots and LOTS of TRS get a butt-load of orders in for starting their pricing at $15 and having a gig title based on SEO and NOT on what the $15 gets you.

So instead of “I will build a one page, static website for $15” they advertise “I will build a kick-ass website for $15” and when the order is placed, the buyer is faced with a mountain of gig extras, that when added together, consist of the advertised service.

Again, those are my 2 cents on the matter, and to be honest, we need to weed out those types of sellers.

@twistedweb123 Were you invited to be a team leader? I only got a team member invite, and was wondering who got a leader invite.

I, personally, wouldn’t work on anyone’s studio, or start my own, even without the ominous email we just got.

I will forward that question for sure, but the way I read it they are just saying: “you better not pull of a bait and switch”.

Lots and LOTS of TRS get a butt-load of orders in for starting their pricing at $15 and having a gig title based on SEO and NOT on what the $15 gets you.

So instead of “I will build a one page, static website for $15” they advertise “I will build a kick-ass website for $15” and when the order is placed, the buyer is faced with a mountain of gig extras, that when added together, consist of the advertised service.

Again, those are my 2 cents on the matter, and to be honest, we need to weed out those types of sellers.

@twistedweb123 Were you invited to be a team leader? I only got a team member invite, and was wondering who got a leader invite.

I, personally, wouldn’t work on anyone’s studio, or start my own, even without the ominous email we just got.

What about a VO actor who advertises 50 words for $50 knowing most will need more?

I would like someone to tell me that I can or can’t offer extras, either in a custom offer I send or after someone purchases my gig. I do have a few clients who only get the base price but it’s rare. No complaints ever to me about buying extras. It has not happened even one time.

The craziest thing about this is the fact we got the new studio 6 days ago, where you are held accountable to other seller’s feedback and less than a week later we are now being told TRS levels are at risk from consistently poor reviews etc. The two do not play nice with eachother. Another reason to aviod the new studio feature.

where you are held accountable to other seller’s feedback

What if studio has, for example, 5 TRS sellers? Project goes sideways because of buyer and all TRS gets bad review. Will all 5 TRS get demoted?

I think by quantity they meant those TRS who still offer $5-10 gigs and have lots of small orders.

I have $5 gigs (at least base price). I can’t charge more if job takes 5 minutes or less. And why would I reject any small job for small price? It doesn’t really make sense what they did to be honest.

There are many TRS that work on small jobs tho

What about a VO actor who advertises 50 words for $50 knowing most will need more?

I would like someone to tell me that I can or can’t offer extras, either in a custom offer I send or after someone purchases my gig. I do have a few clients who only get the base price but it’s rare. No complaints ever to me about buying extras. It has not happened even one time.

Well you see that’s different. There’s no bait n switch there.

I advertise x for y, you paid x so I assume you need Y.

The fact that you need to purchase a license that costs Z is more like a bait n switch in that particular category in my eyes, and since I make videos I order lots of VOs on a weekly basis.

I would assume in the long time I’ve been here at least one person would say to me I want the gig for the base price no extras so why are you telling me to get these extras? But it hasn’t happened.

We are encouraged to offer extras. So that wording seems to suggest we could be demoted for that.

I would assume in the long time I’ve been here at least one person would say to me I want the gig for the base price no extras so why are you telling me to get these extras? But it hasn’t happened.

We are encouraged to offer extras. So that wording seems to suggest we could be demoted for that.

Fiverr will never be against sellers upselling their stuff.

There’s a clear distinction in my book between a bait and switch and an upgrade once an order is placed.

The way you communicate this with your buyer is 80% of the process.

And TRS should be able to handle these cases without breaking a sweat.

Fiverr will never be against sellers upselling their stuff.

There’s a clear distinction in my book between a bait and switch and an upgrade once an order is placed.

The way you communicate this with your buyer is 80% of the process.

And TRS should be able to handle these cases without breaking a sweat.

A bait and switch would be someone getting the base priced gig and then being told it cannot be done for that price. In other words refusing.

All those VO actors having to insist that their buyers get the commercial license sounds like it would fall under that wording in that message they sent.

A bait and switch would be someone getting the base priced gig and then being told it cannot be done for that price. In other words refusing.

All those VO actors having to insist that their buyers get the commercial license sounds like it would fall under that wording in that message they sent.

Yes, pretty much.

If your gig title and description align with your base pricing, then you are in the clear.

I only got a team member invite, and was wondering who got a leader invite.

I have both options, “Get Studio Invites” (slider to turn off/on) and “Create a Studio” (button to click). Don’t ask me why, so far I’d say it’s randomly issued. Maybe they’ll see if any of those who got the “Create Studio” option will create one and if they don’t, they’ll send out more invites, perhaps they didn’t want too many studios created for the beta.

I only got a team member invite, and was wondering who got a leader invite.

I have both options, “Get Studio Invites” (slider to turn off/on) and “Create a Studio” (button to click). Don’t ask me why, so far I’d say it’s randomly issued. Maybe they’ll see if any of those who got the “Create Studio” option will create one and if they don’t, they’ll send out more invites, perhaps they didn’t want too many studios created for the beta.

Yes it looks like it’s not category or user specific if you got it. 🙂

Have you played with it at all? Like what happens when you look for members?

Can you send me an invitation? Do you need to create a gig?

Wondering if the UI itself somehow explains how the ratings/collaboration/delivery will work.

Clicking the link makes kind of a mix of a profile/gig creation window pop up. You have to add a profile image, choose a studio name, a tag line. A cover image and description show as “optional”. That’s as far as I got because then you have to either click “Create Studio” or “Cancel” and I felt a bit iffy about creating one not being sure if it goes live then right away or not.

Clicking the link makes kind of a mix of a profile/gig creation window pop up. You have to add a profile image, choose a studio name, a tag line. A cover image and description show as “optional”. That’s as far as I got because then you have to either click “Create Studio” or “Cancel” and I felt a bit iffy about creating one not being sure if it goes live then right away or not.

Thank you for that. OK. So I just need to wait for someone’s invite then to figure it out. 🙂

When I received that email, I saw the headline keywords “quality reviews” & “TRS”, so my first thought was “sweet, finally some new feature for TRS, we hadn’t gotten any since like forever! Probably they’re finally doing something with the current conflicting order reviews system”

Then I open it, and with every line I read it started to feel more like this:

137_300x300_Front_Color-NA.jpg?Size=NA&AttributeValue=NA&region=%7B%22name%22:%22FrontCenter%22,%22width%22:3,%22height%22:1,%22alignment%22:%22MiddleCenter%22,%22orientation%22:1,%22dpi%22:200,%22crop_x%22:0,%22crop_y%22:0,%22crop_h%22:200,%22crop_w%22:600,%22scale%22:0,%22template%22:%7B%22id%22:14825379,%22params%22:%7B%7D%7D%7D&Filters=%5B%7B%22name%22:%22background%22,%22value%22:%22ddddde%22,%22sequence%22:2%7D%5D

…and there go the happy emails from Fiverr 😦 I used to be happy to receive emails/updates from Fiverr, now it’s getting scarier with each email/update 😕

Anyway, I guess the timing coincided with different matters that we all were dealing with. Some were dealing with cancellations, some with CS, others with the way they work/deliver, which means there is no exact coincidence to have triggered that email. It’s just a coincidence that there were so many coincidences. Or something :thinking:

Bottom line: it must have been an automated email, for it seems we all got it at about the same time 🙂 So whatever you were doing Fiverr-related at the time you got the email, it was most likely a coincidence, and didn’t actually trigger that email being sent to you 🙂

I can understand why they want to have the best quality they can for TRS. Maybe there is a good reason for this, such as poor quality from some TRS. I would think that there would be enough bad reviews to get them demoted though.

It would be almost impossible to squeak by and have good analytics and remain a TRS while delivering bad quality I would think. Look at all the TRS who have not managed to remain TRS already due to the levels. I’m surprised that’s not enough.

It almost sounds like a reaction to what someone was moaning about on the forum. I hope people realize that there are going to be lots of people finding fault in various ways with fiverr for all kinds of things that might have more to do with a general discontent with their own lives or income.

In this case there seems to be several similar posts started indicating a general disdain for fiverr for various reasons, combined with repeated mentions of leaving the platform. There have been multiple posts slamming how bad other sellers are for doing various things. It’s like “I’m unhappy, I can’t make a living here, and it is all the fault of all these other sellers doing bad things.”

Archived