New quality reviews for Top Rated Sellers

frank_d

It is alluded to.

There are clearly cases where some sellers will need to outsource. Think video creator outsourcing a VO component of an order, etc.

the message clearly states "when you become a TRS, you join an exclusive club of A list sellers." - i.e. This means you become a TRS based on your performance and your work should reflect a TRS standard, not the standard of any underlings you outsource to.

I still read "we will be conducting quality evaluations on your orders and deliveries" as, we will be looking at what you order on Fiverr alongside what you deliver to your own clients. If Fiverr just meant they were checking the quality of deliveries, they would have just said deliveries or worded this differently.

"Favor quality over quantity," I read as: Don’t outsource / rush orders just so that you can complete more orders, as this can compromise the quality of your deliveries.

"Make sure you can deliver work within the timeframes and prices you set in your gigs description," I read as, if your buyer ordered a $100 logo, web copy, video, etc, from you, they don’t expect to receive work sourced from another seller who produces the material needed for considerably less.

IF Fiverr has had outsourcing put on its radar, I think this would be the best way to tackle the problem and add more trust to the platform. If I was a TRS and received this message, all I would now do is go to any video gigs I have which offer VOs, and make it clear that the VO component is outsourced to another seller. (I don’t currently offer VOs or outsource any component of my work.)

Alternatively, if I decided to offer a higher tier writing gig, I might add a disclaimer stating something like “to ensure the quality of my deliveries, some articles may be outsourced occasionally to an independent poof reader or copy editor of my choosing.”

Otherwise, it would just be business as usual.

"Make sure you can deliver work within the timeframes and prices you set in your gigs description," I read as, if your buyer ordered a $100 logo, web copy, video, etc, from you, they don’t expect to receive work sourced from another seller who produces the material needed for considerably less.

Your complaints about outsourcing in your other thread were passed along to fiverr staff someone said, which resulted in the message we got. You mention Pros and TRS doing it.

There are ways to check if the images are plagiarized or original. Whether you hire on Fiverr or Main Street, it’s up to you to do your due diligence. If the project was 100% confidential, I wouldn’t hire on Fiverr. Or I would hire without telling them the name of the company. Some of my Facebook clients don’t share their websites with me, they just give me instruction like: “Make an ad about making money online.” I would rather see their websites, but some people are paranoid. Again, there…

When news starts to spread that some Pro and TRS sellers are simply playing a Russian Roulette game of arbitrage, it’s going to make Fiverr Pro look pretty ridiculous.

That is inflammatory. I think you should give proof of this to customer support if you have it.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK quick update:

I sent my SM all of the questions I could think of+ some that were posted here and we scheduled a call for tomorrow so they have some time to talk to the proper department.

They sounded very reassuring that there is nothing to worry about but at the same time they couldn’t tell me what will be different from here on out.

I sent my SM all of the questions I could think of+ some that were posted here and we scheduled a call for tomorrow so they have some time to talk to the proper department.

Thanks for doing this, @frank_d. I’ll be interested to hear what you find out.

I passed the email along to my SM also, to see if he could find out anything to clarify the email we received. I figured getting 2 SMs looking into it could only help, given the level of confusion and concern that this email has generated.

It’s all about the wording. Giving a good reason why they might benefit from or like your extra d or e, and putting it out there as a suggestion, without sounding pushy. I wouldn’t simply suggest an extra without a good reason. For example, if a buyer buys a gig that’s for Word format but they have a PDF file, I might tell them I could also work directly in their PDF, so they’d get PDF format back instead of Word and losing their time copy-pasting from the Word doc into their PDF.

As I see it, there should be an actual advantage for the buyer which I’d try to communicate, not just the advantage for the seller, that they buy an extra. Communicating a win-win, if you will.

There’s a weird stationery store chain here. You buy something and inevitably, the cashier will mumble something like “We have gel pens on offer today” (they are embarrassed because the chain forces them to try to upsell customers random things). I never ever need anything that they have on offer when I’m paying for my items. However, if I bought, say, a black printer cartridge and they’d tell me they happen to have the colour cartridge on offer at the moment, which I had missed while being focused on buying the black one, I might buy it.

“You have chosen to get the basic gig. I suggest that you also purchase the extra feature.”

I wouldn’t do this. It’s not bait-and-switch but won’t make anyone feel good, could sound a bit like a reproach for “only” having bought the basic gig to some people, and you don’t give a compelling reason with the 2nd sentence. I’m thinking more of something along the lines of “Would you like … as well? It intensifies the … and it’s just additional $x. If not, that’s fine, of course, just tell me if you’d like that extra.”

good idea.

i love this

Your complaints about outsourcing in your other thread were passed along to fiverr staff someone said, which resulted in the message we got. You mention Pros and TRS doing it.

There are ways to check if the images are plagiarized or original. Whether you hire on Fiverr or Main Street, it’s up to you to do your due diligence. If the project was 100% confidential, I wouldn’t hire on Fiverr. Or I would hire without telling them the name of the company. Some of my Facebook clients don’t share their websites with me, they just give me instruction like: “Make an ad about making money online.” I would rather see their websites, but some people are paranoid. Again, there…

When news starts to spread that some Pro and TRS sellers are simply playing a Russian Roulette game of arbitrage, it’s going to make Fiverr Pro look pretty ridiculous.

That is inflammatory. I think you should give proof of this to customer support if you have it.

Who made that connection?

Fiverr’s email must have been planned ahead of time, if ai have learned anything from talking directly to Fiverr staff over the years is how slowly they move when it comes to external communication.

Same with feature roll outs, and this is a new feature/internal process/tool of sorts.

No way would they read a forum post and respond to it with a mass email less than 48 hours later.

I think this is pure coincidence and you are reading too much into it.

OK, I heard back from my Pro SM about the email. He confirmed that it was just meant to be a reminder about the level process. Here’s what he said:

This is an email sent to all TRS so everything is OK. It is just to refresh our sellers’ memory into the fact that levels can go down as well and keeping high quality products are important to prevent that.

@frank_d, I’m hoping you get a further confirmation of this when you talk with your SM tomorrow. I thought from the very beginning of this thread that the email wasn’t intended to be threatening - it’s just that it was poorly written and left a lot of room for confusion and concern.

Fiverr’s email must have been planned ahead of time, if ai have learned anything from talking directly to Fiverr staff over the years is how slowly they move when it comes to external communication.

Same with feature roll outs, and this is a new feature/internal process/tool of sorts.

No way would they read a forum post and respond to it with a mass email less than 48 hours later.

I think this is pure coincidence and you are reading too much into it.

danno1950

2d

I’ve just contacted the person I interact with at Fiverr PRO, to ask that they read this forum thread, and let me know if Fiverr is aware of this practice, and if they have any plans to address outsourcing without the buyer being aware. I’ll let you know what I hear.

So it sounded to me like they read that and reacted to it.

danno1950

2d

I’ve just contacted the person I interact with at Fiverr PRO, to ask that they read this forum thread, and let me know if Fiverr is aware of this practice, and if they have any plans to address outsourcing without the buyer being aware. I’ll let you know what I hear.

So it sounded to me like they read that and reacted to it.

Yes, you’re right @misscrystal. I did post that on the other thread. I think Frank is right, that it would be really quick for Fiverr to read about outsourcing on the other thread, and then send this email in possible response.

I was more wondering if they had been aware of the practice for a while before that thread, and had been planning to make a move to deal with it, by something like this email. My thought that they did it in reaction to the thread was inaccurate.

When I first got the email, the first thing I read - and I was in a hurry - was that I had lost my TRS status. Mind you, I was out and about and just took a glance at the email heading. Of course, I am just as confused about it as others.

I mean, even in writing, it can be subjective. Dunno, but as I think of all things Fiverr does these days, it is what it is! I

Maybe it was a coincidence that message arrived a day or two after the post about Pro sellers and TRS being bad people who may bring ruin and disgrace to fiverr; and then being passed along to fiverr staff. Who knows. I’m not a believer in coincidences.

Maybe it was a coincidence that message arrived a day or two after the post about Pro sellers and TRS being bad people who may bring ruin and disgrace to fiverr; and then being passed along to fiverr staff. Who knows. I’m not a believer in coincidences.

I think you’re right. It was an unfortunate coincidence.

Excuse me? Are you saying that that I am in the wrong for NOT breaking Fiverr and forum rules by adding links to seller profiles?

Are you also suggesting that despite us being told several times that Fiverr does not read the forum, they would within 24-hours implement sweeping TRS reforms. based on a thread posted by a level zero seller? - Without doing any research themselves concerning whether the topic of the thread had any substance?

My previous thread was the result of me following a disscussion involving a Pro and TRS seller off of-Fiverr, who had already reaised concerns with Fiverr.

I realize that changes like this must be upsetting for those without a crystal ball to look into to see how they might pan out. However, to be honest, I can’t see why most people are so upset. If you have nothing to hide, surely you have nothing to fear?

As for the outsourcing issue, I can easily provide links to TRS sellers who obviously outsource some or all of their work on a routine basis. I am able to because it was brought to my attention by a Fiverr buyer on another freelance message board, how easy it is to spot TRS sellers who do so now that we have the new blind review feature.

Sorry, but not every seller is a saint and having a TRS badge shouldn’t elevate anyone above scrutiny. This seems to be what you are saying here.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

You have made it clear you distrust other sellers here so why not give the information to customer support and let them deal with it?

I have previously brought several sellers to the attention of CS who sell the likes of copyrighted video templates. As it stands, though, it is not my job to police Fiverr.

I have also stated that I know the matter being discussed has already been brought to the attention of CS.

Why do you constantly point fingers so much at others?

Aren’t you taking this thread a little off-topic now? In either case, try to character assassinate me all you want. If you have nothing better to do, that’s your prerogative. I, however, do have better things to do. 😉

What is wrong with me lately? - Yes, you edited that out quickly, as it seems you already have some other cutting remarks.

Sorry, Miss C, but I’m not making personal statements about you (quickly edited out of my posts or otherwise). For this reason, I won’t be engaging with you further.

There’s maybe a lot of hyperbole on here intential or unintentionally expressed. However there is a rats nest developing and everyone has a good point.
I have had to change my strategy- pricing and attitude towards Fiverr because of outsourcing and people selling my gig better than me.

I, for one, am upset that I’m receiving vague and slightly intimidating emails while I’m in the middle of two projects that are complicated in terms of multi-stage approval process and response time. I got over the stress of monthly evaluations fairly recently and it’s pretty demoralizing even if (hopefully) it wasn’t meant to be.

Like, I know that I can tumble down levels-wise. Every time I choose to work with someone who is too difficult for my liking to keep the completion rate up I do that because I’m aware. I don’t need reminders.

It looks to me now like a formality/reminder kind of thing that could be better worded and it’s not like I expect any morale boosts at this point but I’m a anxious person and it’s not fun for me at all.

OK quick update:

They sounded very reassuring that there is nothing to worry about but at the same time they couldn’t tell me what will be different from here on out.

I find the SM is all about towing a line. They will not be able to offer much clarity unless you push. So I hope yours finds more out

OK I just had the call with my super-helpful SM (hi if you are reading this Y.! 🙂 )
and they basically confirmed this was in fact a coincidence.

Nothing drastic has changed, no one will be punished, nor are they targeting people who may or may not be outsourcing.

They are also not out to demote people just for no reason.

Fiverr took a closer look at the TRS level and said: since promotion is manual, then demotion should be manual as well.

TRS had to comply with the same key metrics every month in order to maintain their TRS level.
(Response time, order completion, delivery time)

And some TRS, let’s face it, were coasting ever since they were promoted.

So now Fiverr will actually look into TRS profiles and will demote people who are under performing, aside from those key metrics.

Again, they can’t and won’t tell us what those “secret” metrics are, but I assume it’s what makes you TRS in the first place:

-offering superb customer service
-attention to detail
-solid profile/gig presentation
-treating people with respect
-being a good sales person
-offering a truly unique product

Feel free to add to that list actually, cause I’m out of time. 🙂

OK I just had the call with my super-helpful SM (hi if you are reading this Y.! 🙂 )

Nothing drastic has changed, no one will be punished, nor are they targeting people who may or may not be outsourcing.

Fiverr took a closer look at the TRS level and said: since promotion is manual, then demotion should be manual as well.

TRS had to comply with the same key metrics every month in order to maintain their TRS level.

So now Fiverr will actually look into TRS profiles and will demote people who are under performing, aside from those key metrics.

Again, they can’t and won’t tell us what those “secret” metrics are, but I assume it’s what makes you TRS in the first place:

-attention to detail

It’s good to know that the demotion process will be manual because there were too many “mitigating” factors that are not in sellers’ control to stop a demotion if it were just automated. While I do my best to maintain a high customer service level, I’m still sticking with the premise that it is what it is and Fiverr will see me as either fit to retain the TRS level or not.

-attention to detail

Will there be a manual demotion in addition to the current automated demotion, or will TRS demotion be only manual from now on?

If it’s the latter, what about all the TRS who were demoted automatically?

-attention to detail

What would be considered coasting?

Thanks Frank, much appreciated. I guess you answered that with your list of things TRS need to do.

I suppose they didn’t comment of my question about offering extras.

They had that wording which suggested something about doing the gig for the price described, which made me wonder if they meant don’t offer extras.

Will there be a manual demotion in addition to the current automated demotion, or will TRS demotion be only manual from now on?

If it’s the latter, what about all the TRS who were demoted automatically?

As I understand it, manual demotion is something separate. You can still fail your 3 key metrics and get automatically demoted, even though everything else is A-OK and you weren’t eligible for manual demotion.

All TRS who were demoted either automatically or manually, will be eligible to be promoted again to TRS after a 3-month period. Again this is not punishment, it is mainly because they need as long to re-evaluate the metrics we don’t know about. 😉

Archived