You're Not Special: A Lesson in Patience

On 5/14/2021 at 2:05 PM, genuineguidance said:

Uh, I hate to be “that person”, but, looking at your Gigs you have NOT had ONE order or at least, no reviews…also, you just joined in February 2021, so how is it you have “waited months and months”?

Why do I have a feeling you copy/pasted this post from somewhere else? You do realize while trying to “appear” as though you are well spoken and read quoting Rousseau and Joyce Meyer - you look foolish by masquerading as someone you are not.

The giveaway was quoting Joyce Meyer whom I believe is someone pretty much only known to those in the Bible Belt here in the US or in Texas I believe where she is a pastor on TV - For some reason, I just could not swallow that some guy from Pakistan would know to quote Joyce Meyer a Christian preacher - isn’t Pakistan mostly Muslim? Either way, I found both of these quotes on a site called BrainlyQuotes (something like that).

Anyways, I think that you and your post is fraudulent.

Change my mind. I think I will go get some receipts though before you can.

GG

Hey, would love to clear your confusion, I first joined Fiverr with a different account which I decided not to use because of the poor response rate. I assure you that I wrote this whole post myself, I do not need to copy it from somewhere else. About the quote, It does not matter to me that a Christian preacher quoted it, I just liked the quote so decided to include it (Found it from a website). 

I hope it clears your confusion, It’s still fine if you think I or this post is fraudulent, all I wanted is to help and I can see that this post has helped a few sellers. 

• Like 64
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

I appreciate your attempt at a metaphor, but I disagree. A pipeline automatically brings water to everyone eventually. Fiverr doesn't automatically bring business to everyone. Also, people who received orders (water) once or for a even regularly can still stop getting them. 

Nothing is automatic on Fiverr. Patience is not how you build a business. Yes, it's a good quality to have, but simply waiting around for the orders to flow in will get you nowhere. 

• Like 117
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

On 9/26/2021 at 10:57 PM, harunrhimu said:

Its true, but there are so many person I personally know them, they are just a new seller but within 2 month they achieved level one seller. But how they done? or how Fiverr algorithm work? I don't understand.  

Sometimes luck also prefers 

• Like 34

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

indeed, patience is important. I won't quote any important historical figure. But patience is anyway an important point, a reply to dozens of threads I read lately. sellers who can't wait, can't focus, can't understand that freelancing is just a part of a professional career. means we are professionals, we are not "trying" something we are reading in the "trending jobs" news. well, I hope so for many of you, since I presume we are all professionals and skilled. 

• Like 59
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Patience allows you to always evaluate any given moment, and when you are in that moment, you become cognizant of the contexts around you so you can make informed, well considered decisions. 

There is always room for improvement, so always keep working on improving your gigs and profile. Practice makes everything perfect.

Thanks so much for the awesome post.

• Like 57
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Right. Patience comes from hard working. If you always try to get anything easily or firstly , then you haven't learn or achieve properly. But if you get anything properly through hard working , then patience comes automatically. So, we should be patience. That'd advice also for sometimes I'm also fall in depression. 

• Like 37
  • Thanks 3

On 2/12/2023 at 4:18 PM, masumadsology said:

Right. Patience comes from hard working. If you always try to get anything easily or firstly , then you haven't learn or achieve properly. But if you get anything properly through hard working , then patience comes automatically. So, we should be patience. That'd advice also for sometimes I'm also fall in depression. 

Focus on doing the best that you can consistently and everything else will come to you naturally. Those are words I live by. Patience is definitely a virtue, but more important is faith, faith that by doing the best you can every day you will reach the goals you have set up for yourself. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it is not easy to be vulnerable online, but I commend you for it. Keep on rocking.

• Like 34

Yes, having patience is crucial. I won't use any famous historical figures as examples. But as a response to the many discussions I've recently read, patience is still a crucial topic. Those who are unable to wait, concentrate, or comprehend that freelancing is merely a component of a professional employment. means that we are experts and that we do not "attempt" things that we learn about in the news about "trending jobs." yes, I hope so for many of you, as I presume we are all pros and skilled.

• Like 33
  • Up 2

On 4/8/2021 at 10:21 PM, umerkhanniazi said:

Most of the new sellers think that after making a gig they will immediately get orders and raise a lot of money. But it’s not that easy, It is a competitive marketplace and there are a lot of sellers offering the same services as you do, even If your services are the best out of all of those sellers it still requires a lot of patience.

Many sellers are waiting for an order for weeks and even months.

If you are one of those sellers, you need to be patient. Even if you have the best gig on Fiverr, it will take some time to get an order. You can not just wait for an order - what can you do then?

1. Keep learning. There is a lot to learn from this forum! especially, the Fiverr Tips category.

2. Keep improving. There is always room for improvement so, always keep working on improving your gigs and profile.

3. Keep practicing. Practice your skill so that whenever you get an order, you can have the buyer satisfied with your work. Making them give you a nice review and don’t make a gig for something unless you can do it professionally because if a good review can make your profile look trustworthy than a bad review can do the opposite.

4. Never give up. When I first joined Fiverr, I waited for months to get an order. I just gave up thinking that I can’t get an order. But guess what? Just after I had given up, I received a message from an interested buyer. But because I had left Fiverr I missed the chance of getting my very first order and noticed it after 25 days!

Exactly. 

Many new sellers think that selling services is easy. 

Me personally, it took me some years to get my first order here. 

• Like 33