Take a Test, Earn Trust!

mjensen415

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/6/2018 at 1:29 PM, chrisdata said:

chrisdata888972974_ScreenShot2018-09-07at2_22_37AM.png.767c6344ad15346a6e679e0b5a413e71.png

Unacceptable Experience.

Oh yeah, I forgot. It doesn’t matter if we get 1-star reviews anymore because it’s impossible to figure out what anything means. - There’s always just one star anyway.

How silly of me.

On 9/6/2018 at 2:41 PM, cyaxrex said:

I’ve just read that a Pro seller has failed one of these tests due to (apparently) long-standing problems like incorrect answer choices with the test provider.

Were there other problems than all incorrect answers shown for questions and if so do you know what they were? At least 60% right answers should mean a pass.

I like the fact that the tests are optional and that the seller can choose to display or hide his scores.

I am concerned by two things:

1. Each tests is 40 minutes long- that’s a very long time! A 5 to 10 minutes test can be just as effective. Remember that some sellers are multi-talented and will need to take several tests.

2. Will our clients demand we take the tests for them to order? I would hate to hear, “sorry, you can’t proofread my article until you pass the Oxford English Test.”

I suppose if I deliver all my orders and have nothing to do, I can take one of the tests. I’m just concerned with the complaints that the tests may be defective.

I took a look at the Copywriter test (you can look at the syllabus before taking the test) and saw this:

• Copyright issues
  • Microsoft word 2010 fundamentals
  • Other types of writing
  • Poetry
  • Technical writing tools and software

Seriously? Copyright issues is for lawyers (although all copywriters are aware of the dangers of plagiarism), we all know how to use Microsoft Word, don’t see how “other types of writing” apply, poetry is rarely used, and only technical writers need technical writing tools and software.

The guy who writes furniture assembly instructions, software instructions, etc, that’s a technical writer. That is not what copywriters do.

In the real world, the only tests copywriters get are projects. “Hi, we need a Facebook Ad to promote our Bridal Expo,” so you create an ad. If they like it, you passed the test.

On 9/6/2018 at 4:44 PM, fastcopywriter said:

Each tests is 40 minutes long- that’s a very long time! A 5 to 10 minutes test can be just as effective. Remember that some sellers are multi-talented and will need to take several tests.

The test needs to be completed in 40 mins but you don’t have to spend 40 mins on it. If you can answer the 40 questions faster than that you can spend less time on it. It might take someone a few seconds to answer each question. One of the things on the report is accuracy vs speed analysis, so if you can answer the question accurately a lot faster that should be better.

On 9/6/2018 at 4:45 PM, uk1000 said:
The test needs to be completed in 40 mins but you don’t have to spend 40 mins on it. If you can answer the 40 questions faster than that you can spend less time on it. It might take someone a few seconds to answer each question. One of the things on the report is accuracy vs speed analysis, so if you can answer the question accurately a lot faster that should be better.

The other 40 minute tests I have taken elsewhere took me only 6 or 7 minutes to motor through lol :rofl: So, it is perfectly fine imo.

The ones that were the most challenging (for me) took me about 15 minutes… 20 minutes tops.

On 9/6/2018 at 5:25 PM, cre8iveartwork said:

Fiverr should be Fiverr… not upwork or some other platform

I am sorry but I don’t agree with comments like these ⬆️ that a lot of people seem to be making.

In my opinion, just by taking inspiration from something that Fiverr genuinely thinks is going to improve their website… doesn’t make it upwork or some other platform. Fiverr still has its own identity (flawed or otherwise).

Fiverr should be Fiverr… not upwork or some other platform

I am sorry but I don’t agree with comments like these ⬆️ that a lot of people seem to be making.

In my opinion, just by taking inspiration from something that Fiverr genuinely thinks is going to improve their website… doesn’t make it upwork or some other platform. Fiverr still has its own identity (flawed or otherwise).

yes it’s your opinion … I see that you are a member since June others who have been members for 5-6 years have seen many things around here , you’ll probably have other opinions after 4-5 years who knows

I like the fact that the tests are optional and that the seller can choose to display or hide his scores.

I am concerned by two things:

1. Each tests is 40 minutes long- that’s a very long time! A 5 to 10 minutes test can be just as effective. Remember that some sellers are multi-talented and will need to take several tests.

2. Will our clients demand we take the tests for them to order? I would hate to hear, “sorry, you can’t proofread my article until you pass the Oxford English Test.”

I suppose if I deliver all my orders and have nothing to do, I can take one of the tests. I’m just concerned with the complaints that the tests may be defective.

I took a look at the Copywriter test (you can look at the syllabus before taking the test) and saw this:

• Copyright issues
  • Microsoft word 2010 fundamentals
  • Other types of writing
  • Poetry
  • Technical writing tools and software

Seriously? Copyright issues is for lawyers (although all copywriters are aware of the dangers of plagiarism), we all know how to use Microsoft Word, don’t see how “other types of writing” apply, poetry is rarely used, and only technical writers need technical writing tools and software.

The guy who writes furniture assembly instructions, software instructions, etc, that’s a technical writer. That is not what copywriters do.

In the real world, the only tests copywriters get are projects. “Hi, we need a Facebook Ad to promote our Bridal Expo,” so you create an ad. If they like it, you passed the test.

Will our clients demand we take the tests for them to order? I would hate to hear, “sorry, you can’t proofread my article until you pass the Oxford English Test.”

I imagine there might be some buyers like this. But, then again, this would be a case of the market determining the value of a service. If enough people end up making these demands of a seller, that seller might be wise to take said tests in order to keep earning sales. In the end, this may be a a bit of an equalizer, and perhaps something Fiverr has already considered.

I’ve just read that a Pro seller has failed one of these tests due to (apparently) long-standing problems like incorrect answer choices with the test provider.

Were there other problems than all incorrect answers shown for questions and if so do you know what they were? At least 60% right answers should mean a pass.

Can you imagine showing up on the Pro’s profile only 60% of approval on the test taken ? 😳

Can you imagine showing up on the Pro’s profile only 60% of approval on the test taken ? 😳

The sellers who can take the tests can decide whether to show the results of the test on their profile. So if someone took the test and passed but their score was 60% correct they don’t have to show it if they don’t want to. They could re-test at a later date.

Will our clients demand we take the tests for them to order? I would hate to hear, “sorry, you can’t proofread my article until you pass the Oxford English Test.”

I imagine there might be some buyers like this. But, then again, this would be a case of the market determining the value of a service. If enough people end up making these demands of a seller, that seller might be wise to take said tests in order to keep earning sales. In the end, this may be a a bit of an equalizer, and perhaps something Fiverr has already considered.

In the end, this may be a a bit of an equalizer,

I really don’t mind taking tests if said tests hadn’t got gaps and flaws. The point is, can Fiverr assure me or anyone of us that’s the case? I think not…

On 9/6/2018 at 7:38 PM, maitasun said:

I really don’t mind taking tests if said tests hadn’t got gaps and flaws. The point is, can Fiverr assure me or anyone of us that’s the case? I think not…

I admire the fact that Fiverr is making these tests available. Beyond buyer confidence, I do see many sellers seeing these tests as a way to improve, or even just analyze their skills, and, for a freelance website, that’s not a bad thing. It gets those sellers thinking about quality, and that’s a VERY good thing.

I admire the fact that Fiverr is making these tests available. Beyond buyer confidence, I do see many sellers seeing these tests as a way to improve, or even just analyze their skills, and, for a freelance website, that’s not a bad thing. It gets those sellers thinking about quality, and that’s a VERY good thing.

(…) I do see many sellers seeing these tests as a way to improve, or even just analyze their skills, (…) It gets those sellers thinking about quality, and that’s a VERY good thing.

I do agree with this point of view but still… The problem lies on the tests having gaps, flaws and who knows what other things that will arise soon enough and people will start to complain.

The timing on this testing initiative is very conspicuous, given that Fiverr is pursuing an IPO. This appears to be one way to upgrade the quality of the site, to better qualify for a public offering.

There have been lots of changes on Fiverr over the last 6 - 7 months - introduction of a new level evaluation system, more marketing of Pro’s, and a realignment of the marketplace. It looks like this is all designed to make the company more attractive as it looks like they’re moving towards an Initial Public Offering (where they go public on the stock market.) Clearly they want to be more attractive to investors, which means showing an increase in revenue, creating more repeat demand for gigs,…

Each tests is 40 minutes long- that’s a very long time! A 5 to 10 minutes test can be just as effective. Remember that some sellers are multi-talented and will need to take several tests.

The test needs to be completed in 40 mins but you don’t have to spend 40 mins on it.

I see what you mean. I probably got confused. Still, if they’re giving us 40 minutes for each test, it means it’s not going to take us 5 or 10 minutes to complete it. I’ve done employment assessment tests and those usually take 20 to 30 minutes.

On 9/6/2018 at 8:48 PM, maitasun said:

The problem lies on the tests having gaps, flaws and who knows what other things that will arise soon enough and people will start to complain.

People will always find something to complain about. The key is to give this some time, see how it goes… then develop feedback. Far too many people these days seem to assume everything will be the worst that it can be, before things have a chance to work themselves out.

The thing is, these tests are voluntary. If they don’t work out perfectly, the only thing any seller has lost is the time they dedicated to taking the test (of which they aren’t being forced to show the results). 😉 

So once the feature is rolled out to everyone (I don’t have it yet), will we only be able to take tests in the categories in which we have gigs, and if so, why can’t we do the tests in any of the categories where there are tests? That way it would help us decide whether to create a gig in a category we don’t currently have a gig in (it would help show which categories we are best at even if we don’t have a gig in those categories yet).

I just took a test and I had access to many tests that are completely outside of what I do on Fiverr.

Thanks for the note, @mjensen415! It will be interesting to see if this impacts my inquiries and sales. I am wondering if tests passed or high scores can impact how Fiverr ranks you in search results.

The problem lies on the tests having gaps, flaws and who knows what other things that will arise soon enough and people will start to complain.

People will always find something to complain about. The key is to give this some time, see how it goes… then develop feedback. Far too many people these days seem to assume everything will be the worst that it can be, before things have a chance to work themselves out.

The thing is, these tests are voluntary. If they don’t work out perfectly, the only thing any seller has lost is the time they dedicated to taking the test (of which they aren’t being forced to show the results). 😉

Talking of which…

Do you know what Fiverr should make mandatory and ASAP? TOS test for sellers & buyers. And this, I mean it !!! 🙂

Hi Everyone,

I’m excited to announce a new feature for sellers. As part of our ongoing efforts to increase overall marketplace quality, we will begin offering the opportunity to take skills tests to verify seller skills. Skills tests will not be mandatory, but are an opportunity to increase buyer trust by proving your skills in the subcategories in which you offer services.

We’ve been rolling out the skills tests in the Translation subcategory over the past few weeks, but starting today, a small sample of sellers will be able to test in over 400+ skills! We will be gradually opening up this feature to all sellers over the coming weeks.

Once your account is active with the skills test feature, it’s easy to get started:

To take a skill test:

1. Go to fiverr.com/my_profile
  2. In your profile card, click Take Tests on the left pane.
  3. Select a Skill Test to take.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/taking-a-skill-test

Again, you do not have to take these tests. They are 100% optional. However, taking a test is a great way to prove your aptitude and earn a new buyers’ trust—and to keep your skills sharp!

As a seller, you have the option to show or hide your score to Fiverr buyers. Should you choose to share your skill test results, users will see various details such as your score, time spent, results by topic, and more.

If you don’t pass the test the first time, don’t panic! You can retake the test after 24 hours and up to two times in a 3-month period. Hopefully taking the test provides an opportunity to brush up on your skills and continue to hone your expertise.

Have questions about the skills test? Please leave a comment below.

You can retake the test after 24 hours and up to three times in a 3-month period.

Up to 3 times or up to 2 times?

Screenshot of what I see:

retest.JPG.6dfe382ec7678cd9461b6c60ac60bd67.JPG

@mjensen415

I have already noticed some problems with the French/English translation tests.

I have just tried to pass the Social Media Marketing Test and found a new problem on the first question:
141110481_BRANDMANAGEMENT.jpg.e577a0cd7adc13b27c23cb9260ed3d81.jpg

Answers 3 and 4 are the same. None of the answers are correct!
I made a screenshot of the page to send it to CS at the end of the test. Then, I was unable to continue the test. And it’s written that I have failed this test.

failed.JPG.31ff836a79b237a13ee7bbfca78228aa.JPG

scoresmo.JPG.7857af7e688502a8581c64af3bc014f1.JPG

😫

EDIT:
I have just passed the Online Marketing test and had the same issue with a question:

1663110791_onlinemarketing.jpg.9c5a9f06e127dfaf88469f68e63e275d.jpg

Archived