Fiverr Pro Home - I'm SO Done

ssj1236

I’ve been staying quite mum about some of these changes Fiverr has made, but the move they’re making is similar to what I see with the school job I have.

Throw multiple things at the wall and see what sticks. Go from there!

It’s a crapshoot that may end up costing Fiverr and its sellers - be it regular or Pro. (IMO).

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pro

Telling buyers that they can feel " Confident" going with PROs, meaning there might be trust issues going with us reggie sellers.

This is a BIG NO. That’s a terrible mistake, they are shooting themselves in the foot (well, and shooting us also!)

What an unfortunate marketing plan… awful.

What’s the purpose of the ratings, monthly evaluations, and TOS then? A waste of time, worthless measures?

they are shooting themselves in the foot (well, and shooting us also!)

Alas, I thought I’d seen the last of the firing range.

I agree this needs to be worded differently. It sounds like everyone has already applied to be a Pro and only 1% made it.

If they are going to put that little bubble over Pro, we need our own bubble saying something like: “Elegible to apply for Pro but has not yet submitted an application.” - (For Level 2 sellers with 12-months seniority or something.

Either that or: "This talented individual wouldn’t let Fiverr ride the wave of their popularity on social media. 😦 They might still impress you though! 99% do!"

they are shooting themselves in the foot (well, and shooting us also!)

Alas, I thought I’d seen the last of the firing range.

I agree this needs to be worded differently. It sounds like everyone has already applied to be a Pro and only 1% made it.

If they are going to put that little bubble over Pro, we need our own bubble saying something like: “Elegible to apply for Pro but has not yet submitted an application.” - (For Level 2 sellers with 12-months seniority or something.

Either that or: "This talented individual wouldn’t let Fiverr ride the wave of their popularity on social media. 😦 They might still impress you though! 99% do!"

What about a sentence in our Gigs description saying:

"Get the PRO benefits AND save your hard earned bucks!"

I am a content marketing professional (oh yes, PROfessional), so I can give a couple of ideas here…

Well, at the least it tells everyone that they can’t feel confident ordering from us mere mortals in spite of all their level dramatics. Might be saying something about that thorough application and verification process that top talent went through, too, in that case?

As a new buyer who doesn’t know anything about Fiverr, I’d probably feel intimidated to go No-Pro now, and maybe even to go Fiverr at all, because if they aren’t able to thoroughly verify their other sellers, should I trust them being able to do it at all? And why are they keeping those unverifiable misfits at all? Great wording, once more.

Very convenient to ignore that not everyone applies/d for Pro in the first place too and that it’s 1% of those who apply, who make it, not 1% of all Fiverr sellers.

Just wanted to share the amazing new Pro Ad Fiverr put out today.

t*********m XMknPkWZm9sY7Flc.thumb.jpg.8f0e7ae70b31f3914586c806012c0bf7.jpg

Fiverr (fiverr)

What a year. It’s safe to say we’re excited to keep it going. Discover #FiverrPro's new environment and world-class talent from around the world: https://t.co/VVv8x5kojF #MadeOnPro https://t.co/G3YWN609qV

PART OF COMMENT REMOVED DUE TO UNCERTAINITY

t*********m da60a961db570421d753db190bbd087113d1f5ed.jpg

Fiverr (fiverr)

What a year. It’s safe to say we’re excited to keep it going. Discover #FiverrPro's new environment and world-class talent from around the world: https://t.co/VVv8x5kojF #MadeOnPro https://t.co/G3YWN609qV

+100,000 freelancers on fiverr and they release such a video? 😏

Fiverr (fiverr)

This part worries me the most 😬 :

Screenshot-04_Aug_2018-09_22_45.jpg.86b368267a8b2155b4b6b93302141aaf.jpg

Fiverr (fiverr)

That is an amazing ad. Well-produced. It effectively promotes Fiverr Pro. Nicely done, Fiverr.

(And, FYI for all the complainers, I am just complimenting the ad. There is no need to point your pitchforks at me for saying something nice about Fiverr. 😉 )

That is an amazing ad. Well-produced. It effectively promotes Fiverr Pro. Nicely done, Fiverr.

(And, FYI for all the complainers, I am just complimenting the ad. There is no need to point your pitchforks at me for saying something nice about Fiverr. 😉 )

It effectively promotes Fiverr Pro.

A bit too effectively I would say.

Honestly, this ad is very well done.

Fiverr (fiverr)

Thank god they made it clear that 58% of Fiverr Pro sellers are from the US

Doesn’t the video say that 58% of buyers who buy from Pro sellers are from the US?

Thank god they made it clear that 58% of Fiverr Pro sellers are from the US

Doesn’t the video say that 58% of buyers who buy from Pro sellers are from the US?

Doesn’t the video say that 58% of buyers

I thought about that but that honestly didn’t make much sense to me. The % coming at the end seems aimed towards sellers rather than buyers.

It effectively promotes Fiverr Pro.

Honestly, this ad is very well done.

Sometimes I wonder what planet everyone else is on.

How does this ad promote Fiverr Pro? It doesn’t say anything aside from: “Look, trendy people using Apple products. Whoa… there’s Wycef Jean looking moody. By the way last year we had 1 Pro seller now we have 4.”

"Who’s buying Pro?" - Followed by: “Workers in…” Just doesn’t make sense.

Are you telling me then when I go to see the doctor, he’s secretly using a whizz on Fiverr Pro to find out what is wrong with me? Is Fiverr Pro telling people they should outsource their professional work to Pro sellers?"

This ad told me nothing apart from the fact that a number of Apple Mac users aged between 20-30 wear t-shirts with Fiverr logos on them.

Pre-existing Fiverr problems:

• Bull poo reputation
  • No customer service phone number (consistent high ranking Google Trends search term pertaining to Fiverr)
  • Massive service fees for buyers coupled with the bare minimum customer protection Fiverr can get away with

In a 15 - 30 second paid ad or similar promotional video, Fiver should:

• Convince people in one sentence why pre-existing conceptions of Fiverr are wrong.
  • Tell me why I will never hire a bad freelancer on Fiverr Pro and how I’m 100% protected in the insane event that I do
  • Announce rollout of the best, low fee, mult-channel payment gateway that there is, which allows me to buy from Fiverr Pro easier than any other freelance marketplace

Job Done. - Oh, wait. That’s someone else’s tagline…

Lastly, with all this talk of Fiverr Pro, it keeps sounding like Fiverr has created an entirely new freelance platform called Fiverr Pro. Even if people are excited about Pro, they are going to get confused by arriving on the same old Fiverr website, different only in that some people now have turquoise stars as opposed to gold stars.

What is Fiverrs USP with Pro? Does Fiverr Pro even have a catchphrase or tagline? Everything is just blurred and mixed together in this trendy soup of last minute thrown in celebrities, bold statements, and lens flares.

No one in the real world fawns over how fancy and professional an ad looks. They either get excited in five seconds or they carry on with their day.

What about a sentence in our Gigs description saying:

"Get the PRO benefits AND save your hard earned bucks!"

I am a content marketing professional (oh yes, PROfessional), so I can give a couple of ideas here…

“Get the PRO benefits AND save your hard earned bucks!”

I prefer: Stop Paying More for Less - Short, simple, straight to the point. 🙂

How does this ad promote Fiverr Pro? It doesn’t say anything aside from: “Look, trendy people using Apple products. Whoa… there’s Wycef Jean looking moody. By the way last year we had 1 Pro seller now we have 4.”

"Who’s buying Pro?" - Followed by: “Workers in…” Just doesn’t make sense.

Are you telling me then when I go to see the doctor, he’s secretly using a whizz on Fiverr Pro to find out what is wrong with me? Is Fiverr Pro telling people they should outsource their professional work to Pro sellers?"

This ad told me nothing apart from the fact that a number of Apple Mac users aged between 20-30 wear t-shirts with Fiverr logos on them.

Pre-existing Fiverr problems:

• Bull poo reputation
  • No customer service phone number (consistent high ranking Google Trends search term pertaining to Fiverr)
  • Massive service fees for buyers coupled with the bare minimum customer protection Fiverr can get away with

• Convince people in one sentence why pre-existing conceptions of Fiverr are wrong.
  • Tell me why I will never hire a bad freelancer on Fiverr Pro and how I’m 100% protected in the insane event that I do
  • Announce rollout of the best, low fee, mult-channel payment gateway that there is, which allows me to buy from Fiverr Pro easier than any other freelance marketplace

Job Done. - Oh, wait. That’s someone else’s tagline…

Lastly, with all this talk of Fiverr Pro, it keeps sounding like Fiverr has created an entirely new freelance platform called Fiverr Pro. Even if people are excited about Pro, they are going to get confused by arriving on the same old Fiverr website, different only in that some people now have turquoise stars as opposed to gold stars.

What is Fiverrs USP with Pro? Does Fiverr Pro even have a catchphrase or tagline? Everything is just blurred and mixed together in this trendy soup of last minute thrown in celebrities, bold statements, and lens flares.

No one in the real world fawns over how fancy and professional an ad looks. They either get excited in five seconds or they carry on with their day.

Look, anything is better than the edgy stuff they were running with last year.

I’m sorry but if you’re expecting Fiverr ads to be “professional” or “helpful” then you clearly should pay a visit to their YouTube or Twitter.

Maybe it’s just me… but I’m only going to say this because it crossed my mind just now. (And, I’m literally one to say what’s on my mind).

What Fiverr is doing right now with the Pro situation reminds me of when a sitcom has about run its course but introduces these new cute characters in the hope to squeeze out a couple of more years(seasons) out of the market.

Course, I could just be reading too much into it.

Maybe it’s just me… but I’m only going to say this because it crossed my mind just now. (And, I’m literally one to say what’s on my mind).

What Fiverr is doing right now with the Pro situation reminds me of when a sitcom has about run its course but introduces these new cute characters in the hope to squeeze out a couple of more years(seasons) out of the market.

So what your saying is that we’re Friends but Fiverr wants to become just Joey? - Or that Fiverr Pro is basically Better Call Saul?

I get it. But nothing is ever as good as the original.

Guest offlinehelpers

So what your saying is that we’re Friends but Fiverr wants to become just Joey? - Or that Fiverr Pro is basically Better Call Saul?

I get it. But nothing is ever as good as the original.

Love @emeraldawnn’s analogy! 🙂

Also a bit like ‘Jumping The Shark’ from ‘Happy Days’ and ‘Two Pints of Lager And A Packet of Crisps’?

when a sitcom has about run its course but introduces these new cute characters in the hope to squeeze out a couple of more years

There is a definition for this:

favicon.icoTV Tropes
logo_blue_small.png.0396767aab08fd709a64bae4e74b396a.png

Jumping the Shark - TV Tropes

Jumping the Shark is the moment when an established long-running series changes in a significant manner. This can range from something relatively small like the introduction of a new gimmick, all the way up to the magnitude of a full-on Genre …

There is also a satire of this in The Simpsons (“The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show”, episode 14, season 8, 1997), it didn’t end well for Poochie.

On a more serious note the platform has until the next US recession to conduct this experiment.

when a sitcom has about run its course but introduces these new cute characters in the hope to squeeze out a couple of more years

There is a definition for this:

favicon.icoTV Tropes
bd3a3776a5370e675e065642f1e080b6e285c80c.png

Jumping the Shark - TV Tropes

Jumping the Shark is the moment when an established long-running series changes in a significant manner. This can range from something relatively small like the introduction of a new gimmick, all the way up to the magnitude of a full-on Genre …

There is also a satire of this in The Simpsons (“The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show”, episode 14, season 8, 1997), it didn’t end well for Poochie.

On a more serious note the platform has until the next US recession to conduct this experiment.

Had NO idea there was actually a term for that. Well, I can just add that to my fountain of useless knowledge. 😁

There was a Shark Tank pitch that reminded me of Pro. It was a guy who had a site/app where you could hire professional people for experiences. The “pros” in this case were present or ex experts/influencers in their field. Like a US international women’s soccer player who could be hired to train you, pro skaters etc.

The presentation looked really good but then the planned implementation and other aspects were extremely poor.
As I recall, the sharks ripped it apart for various reasons but I can’t remember what it was called or find anything about it.

Anyway, that’s how I feel about a lot of Pro - great idea, poor implementation.

Archived