Fiverr Pro Home - I'm SO Done

ssj1236

I just checked out some of the writing gigs. I hate to be negative, but I have far more experience, and my English is excellent, when compared with what I just saw for $177 or $1000. The good news is that I’m transitioning to something else in the fall. Too bad, as I’ve literally earned Fiverr $$$$$$.

The good news is that I’m transitioning to something else in the fall.

Good for you. I see you’ve been on this platform a long time, too. I’ve had a chat with a few Sellers. We all have one thing in common and that’s focusing on other projects outside of 5r. This is just another platform for people to make play money or pay small bills. I know for others they’ve made a decent living.

P.S~ I checked out your writing gig, too bad it’s on pause. I was ready to place an order. 😅

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This shouldn’t be an issue. If you’re overbooked then you say no.

If you would get more $ from other sites then adjust your pricing.

If it happens often then adjust your gigs, expand, outsource or optimize your workflow.

Committing to one single platform is just poor strategy.

You have missed my point. My strategy is configured so I don’t get overbooked. That is why I do not accept orders from other platforms directly like on Fiverr.

If I had woke up this morning and no one had placed an order for extra fast delivery overnight on Fiverr, I would have accepted work offered to me on my other main platform. That is how I work.

My point is that because buyers can order directly on Fiverr, Fiverr often has to take priority. Telling people not to focus solely on Fiverr means telling people to limit what they offer and focus services elsewhere. After several years, this can be very challenging.

• Change your delivery times
  • Work on larger deliverables/projects

As stated above. There is nothing wrong with my delivery times. My strategy works fine for me (and is not dependant on Fiverr).

As for working on larger projects. I do, pretty much every day. However, if you are suggesting that sellers suddenly up prices and only make themselves available for large orders, you are effectively ostracising thousands of Fiverr buyers. AKA, people who have been using Fiverr for several years who don’t need to order a bulk or $$$ priced service.

What I’m trying to say is that it doesn’t matter where the order is coming from as long as there is an order to work on. Yes, on Fiverr you’ll be accepting orders automatically, but again, with a proper time and project management that’s not an issue. You should have multiple sources for clients.

If I have an order on Fiverr and my schedule is booked then I say no to orders coming from other platforms. If I get too many orders on Fiverr I’ll pause my gigs. If I don’t like the extra fast surprise orders then I disable this option or increase delivery times.

We as regular sellers will probably lose those ‘‘big’’ clients who will go for sellers marked as PRO thinking that they provide more quality unlike regular sellers

Not really, because people still need cheap services…but fiverr is in a mid life crisis and tries new things…they are trying something like envato studio. I’m more concerned by the ranking algorithm which basicly right now means… ‘You know what? It doesn’t matter that you’ve build your feedback for the last 5 years, let’s put you on the fifth page instead, so the new users would feel good about themselves’…seems more like a pc culture thing.

but fiverr is in a mid life crisis and tries new things…they are trying something like envato studio.

As long as they don’t go like the aforementioned studio and only pay out once a month 😉

When I see the new fiverr pro link at the top of the page I thought: “Finally they separated Pro and regular gig, good move fiverr!”
While I checking out the gig page and can’t stop shouting “WTF?! fiverr”, they just upgrade the appearance and exposure of PRO gig.
If I guessed right, there’s no more regular fiverr gig under $100 at 2020.

EDIT: continue my rant.
If now I’m so lucky enough got upgraded to PRO but it still keep me worrying because very very less buyer willing to pay high price for a service, maybe 1 or 2 order in a month. So go PRO or not it still a big question. fiverr not only unable to convince their buyer why Pro is good, but as a Seller I don’t see any ‘benefit’ to become a Pro just yet. That’s why now inside fiverr team force to make a new fancy homepage & new logo for the PRO to make them feel good, but in reality, it actually no big advantages.

When I see the new fiverr pro link at the top of the page I thought: “Finally they separated Pro and regular gig, good move fiverr!”

While I checking out the gig page and can’t stop shouting “WTF?! fiverr”, they just upgrade the appearance and exposure of PRO gig.

If now I’m so lucky enough got upgraded to PRO but it still keep me worrying because very very less buyer willing to pay high price for a service, maybe 1 or 2 order in a month. So go PRO or not it still a big question. fiverr not only unable to convince their buyer why Pro is good, but as a Seller I don’t see any ‘benefit’ to become a Pro just yet. That’s why now inside fiverr team force to make a new fancy homepage & new logo for the PRO to make them feel good, but in reality, it actually no big advantages.

I agree that separating Pro and regular gig is a good move.

Until now there are some buyers still think they can buy anything for just $5, just like how fiverr was many years ago. I bet they will be shocked seeing the Pro price.

Howeve Pro is a potential marketplace and it’s just new (and possibly growing?). I think with proper investment, the PRO market will have a place of its own. If you have skills, you deserve a better price range and a good marketplace for pro is just beneficial.

Nice shade of turquoise though! 🙂 and guess what? my friends laughted at me because of that color and said “WHAT COLOR IS THIS?! DON’T USE THAT COLOR, CHANGE THAT!”. But still, I use that color and combine it with a black base color, and the result’s is very luxurious, I am touched because with a strong determination, I can realize my design into a real work. Many memories are happening to realize that uniforms. Anger, dissapointment, happiness, sadness, and respect are all mixed together.

but now I see this color on here and we’re not friends anymore since that.

ps: I was shocked when opening this web 5 mins ago, because it will separating regular and pro the sellers, just like me and my friends we’re separate in Turquoise color. The end of my story is, still unknown because nobody knows the future.

Cant believe they actually did this…i just got here 2 days ago and this happens? How does a regular newbie like me supposed to rise amongst the depths of the pit now? Like being strapped with rocks underwater and cant even swim…just let us drown ya…🙃

Anyway, not gonna stop designing though…I’ll keep on swimming I guess

Cant believe they actually did this…i just got here 2 days ago and this happens? How does a regular newbie like me supposed to rise amongst the depths of the pit now? Like being strapped with rocks underwater and cant even swim…just let us drown ya…🙃

Anyway, not gonna stop designing though…I’ll keep on swimming I guess

I’ll keep on swimming

I will use submarine 😎

Also new PRO badge!

Screenshot_9

His clients are people like the owner of Apple. Ofcourse they want professional level quality of work, I understand but can anyone tell me, do they ACTUALLY come to fiverr for a logo? I mean, they are the elite class business people, so do they really come to fiverr for a service? And $10000 for a logo? It is the annual salary of our middle class people here in Kolkata.

I’m seeing the future clearly. If runs like this of phenomenon of Pro - ST. Levels day is very near to Fiverr itself and they are going to loose their level fallout!!

The good news is that I’m transitioning to something else in the fall.

Good for you. I see you’ve been on this platform a long time, too. I’ve had a chat with a few Sellers. We all have one thing in common and that’s focusing on other projects outside of 5r. This is just another platform for people to make play money or pay small bills. I know for others they’ve made a decent living.

P.S~ I checked out your writing gig, too bad it’s on pause. I was ready to place an order. 😅

I’ve made quite a nice living out of it. Bought a car and other stuff. But Im a bit afraid its time to quit this platform

I’ve made quite a nice living out of it. Bought a car and other stuff. But Im a bit afraid its time to quit this platform

Same situation here my friend, I was earning good amount of money from fiverr, so I left my job for this. But now I don’t know what to do. And here some people are saying you’re impatient.

Guest offlinehelpers

Same situation here my friend, I was earning good amount of money from fiverr, so I left my job for this. But now I don’t know what to do. And here some people are saying you’re impatient.

I was earning good amount of money from fiverr, so I left my job for this

You’ve got 20 reviews over 2 years of being on Fiverr - not a criticism, just an observation.

I think perhaps you made a poor choice there - like any other website, Fiverr could just disappear overnight - not saying it’s going to, and hope it doesn’t, but please have a backup plan before making any decision like that.

Hope it works out for you. 🙂

I was earning good amount of money from fiverr, so I left my job for this

You’ve got 20 reviews over 2 years of being on Fiverr - not a criticism, just an observation.

I think perhaps you made a poor choice there - like any other website, Fiverr could just disappear overnight - not saying it’s going to, and hope it doesn’t, but please have a backup plan before making any decision like that.

Hope it works out for you. 🙂. I have created the account in 2016 but started working on it 2 months ago. And you are correct, I should think about a backup plan.

Guest offlinehelpers

Thank you for the reply 🙂. I have created the account in 2016 but started working on it 2 months ago. And you are correct, I should think about a backup plan.

And you are correct, I should think about a backup plan.

So glad you will - nothing in life is guaranteed. I’m very old (comparatively speaking) so possibly see things in a different way sometimes?

I have created the account in 2016 but started working on it 2 months ago.

You’ve done really well - hope it continues for you! 🙂

And you are correct, I should think about a backup plan.

So glad you will - nothing in life is guaranteed. I’m very old (comparatively speaking) so possibly see things in a different way sometimes?

I have created the account in 2016 but started working on it 2 months ago.

You’ve done really well - hope it continues for you! 🙂

My point was that Fiverr used to be good, and had nice amount of $$$ flowing through the site, sellers were not braging about low sales 2 years ago. Today is a whole another story. They did things that cost them business in a bad way, they are ranking down as a company. These “campaigns” as Wyclef,Apple guy,Pros and other “creatures” are just for show, not interesting for bigger buyer audience and certainly not $$$ earning thing.

Archived