Fiverr Pro Home - I'm SO Done

ssj1236

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We as regular sellers will probably lose those ‘‘big’’ clients who will go for sellers marked as PRO thinking that they provide more quality unlike regular sellers. Personally, I would probably do the same if I had vast amount of money and need a professional to do the job as I want. Lets face it, we basically all do the same thing in our lives. If we can get something better we certainly do, same applies in business. My advice would be to up your game, submit an application for a PRO. I am positive that Fiverr didn’t hand out those badges just for fun and that all PRO sellers do have a quality work background too.

Fiverr is upping the game so that the only best, hardworking and honest can keep up the track with the very best. Working on Fiverr is or should be a long-term process, focus on yourself instead of watching others, up your service constantly and strive to be better each day.

Personally, I had completed over 6600 projects on Fiverr only and with each project I keep improving my service. Do set yourself goals which you want to achieve. If getting a PRO status is what you are after then do everything that you can to accomplish it.

@woofy31 I’m curious did you apply PRO? Turned down? I don’t remember if you did or not.

I did, I was turned down because it wasn’t open yet in my category.

After it got open in my category, I didn’t reapply because of the strong ubiquitous importance given to social presence, which I don’t have as I never found a need to invest in that side of the web life.

Andy, you’re a very articulate guy. I’m sure you’re working on building your brand outside of 5r. 🥤

I’m working on that, too… just in a different niche than what I do here.

ubiquitous importance given to social presence

That’s just dumb… Not really sure how would that make you a pro seller… I guess checking the samples is something normal, but rejected for ‘you ain’t social media lover’ seems very dumb.

@woofy31 I’m curious did you apply PRO? Turned down? I don’t remember if you did or not.

I did, I was turned down because it wasn’t open yet in my category.

After it got open in my category, I didn’t reapply because of the strong ubiquitous importance given to social presence, which I don’t have as I never found a need to invest in that side of the web life.

Andy, you’re a very articulate guy. I’m sure you’re working on building your brand outside of 5r. 🥤

I’m working on that, too… just in a different niche than what I do here.

I’ve seen more than a handful :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t4:

Wow Fiverr Pro is really looking for professional. And what about me who really spent 6 months without any single order yet. What i am not professional on this market ? 😏

What i am not professional on this market ?

My best guess is that your potential buyers are put off by the logo on the lower right corner of your first slide.

We as regular sellers will probably lose those ‘‘big’’ clients who will go for sellers marked as PRO thinking that they provide more quality unlike regular sellers. Personally, I would probably do the same if I had vast amount of money and need a professional to do the job as I want. Lets face it, we basically all do the same thing in our lives. If we can get something better we certainly do, same applies in business. My advice would be to up your game, submit an application for a PRO. I am positive that Fiverr didn’t hand out those badges just for fun and that all PRO sellers do have a quality work background too.

Fiverr is upping the game so that the only best, hardworking and honest can keep up the track with the very best. Working on Fiverr is or should be a long-term process, focus on yourself instead of watching others, up your service constantly and strive to be better each day.

Personally, I had completed over 6600 projects on Fiverr only and with each project I keep improving my service. Do set yourself goals which you want to achieve. If getting a PRO status is what you are after then do everything that you can to accomplish it.

We as regular sellers will probably lose those ‘‘big’’ clients who will go for sellers marked as PRO thinking that they provide more quality unlike regular sellers

Not really, because people still need cheap services…but fiverr is in a mid life crisis and tries new things…they are trying something like envato studio. I’m more concerned by the ranking algorithm which basicly right now means… ‘You know what? It doesn’t matter that you’ve build your feedback for the last 5 years, let’s put you on the fifth page instead, so the new users would feel good about themselves’…seems more like a pc culture thing.

What i am not professional on this market ?

My best guess is that your potential buyers are put off by the logo on the lower right corner of your first slide.

Kindly can you mention about which logo and gig you are talking about ? Thanks!

Looks like the site is being updated in real time so everyone should expect some issues.

It’s amazing when you think about it. We have to verify our ID just to keep selling on Fiverr and then there’s a very limited group of people that get their own homepage.

What kind of ID verification are you talking?

Not sure I’ve done that 😅

Do I need to and how ?

Not sure I’ve done that 😅

Do I need to and how ?

I’ve been reading we’re just regular Sellers.

I’m not labeling myself as a regular Seller, because I’m all dat and a bag of chips. 5r titles will not define who I am and what I’m capable of achieving. This is just one platform, my 🗺️ doesn’t revolve around 5r.

Forensic Science of Fiverr Verifying your id" alt="id[image] I’m sure most of you have heard about the mandatory id Verification. If you’ve been living under a rock here’s the linkage. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/verifying-your-identity I’ve been tangled up with these topics and read countless POV re: Sellers Verifying Your Identity. I’ve had private discussions with other Sellers. I’ve heard it all facial recognition, biometrics, blood/urine ana…

I wonder if the 20% Fiverr takes from me and the $2 service charge they charge my buyers is going towards promoting and upgrading Fiverr Pro. Now you know why ranking is messed up for us Regular Fiverr grunts - Fiverr only has one ranking on their mind – FIVERRRRR PROOOOOO

Hey, Woofy! 🐕

I get it 5r wants to attract BIGwig name industry people.

Now is a good time to expand your reach outside of 5r. I know you’re one of the OG of this website, but there comes a point when you’ve gotta take a step back and look at the bigger :framed_picture: picture.

As for ripping off your work, I’m not surprised. I recently spotted a PRO Seller using a logo design from a popular freebie site. Go Figure! :woman_shrugging:t4:

People can shout from the rooftop that we can raise our rates. That’s fine & dandy but 5r is campaigning hard for the PROs, so why bother?! 😕 Lvl1, lvl2 and TRS are not eating up the exposure like the PRO Sellers.

As for ripping off your work, I’m not surprised. I recently spotted a PRO Seller using a logo design from a popular freebie site. Go Figure! :woman_shrugging:t4:

You should report it - Thats if he’s calling it his own work !

I’ve been reading we’re just regular Sellers.

I’m not labeling myself as a regular Seller, because I’m all dat and a bag of chips. 5r titles will not define who I am and what I’m capable of achieving. This is just one platform, my 🗺️ doesn’t revolve around 5r.

Forensic Science of Fiverr Verifying your id" alt="id[image] I’m sure most of you have heard about the mandatory id Verification. If you’ve been living under a rock here’s the linkage. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/verifying-your-identity I’ve been tangled up with these topics and read countless POV re: Sellers Verifying Your Identity. I’ve had private discussions with other Sellers. I’ve heard it all facial recognition, biometrics, blood/urine ana…

So verification is still not active though?

Thanks Nika for being helpful ! 🙂

The worst part about all this is that Fiverr couldn’t care less about what the rest of us think.

The worst part about all this is that Fiverr couldn’t care less about what the rest of us think.

That’s not strictly true They know that people won’t like something so they don’t announce it.

I really wouldn’t worry about Pro. From a marketing standpoint, it simply doesn’t make sense to suddenly start spending $100 on the likes of a blog post as opposed to $10 - $50. Pro actually turns buyers off by being pushed at them so hard.

Then you have Pro sellers. If you offer a service which gets 1 - 8 sales per year, are you going to stick with Fiverr or move on?

• Pros don’t bring their own buyers to Fiverr
  • Celebrity Pros don’t find Fiverr and sign up. Fiverr has to find them and convince them
  • Fiverr clearly wants Pro to ber a massive success but keeps putting its own foot in its mouth when it comes to end customer experiences on the platform

Don’t stress so much. 🙂

What is telling about this is that Pro shows all Pros in grid style category pages. Meanwhile, category pages for regular Fiverr are still dominated by scroll down lists of the same Pro sellers which make getting to regular sellers harder.

Not to say that the ranking system is so ducked up as it seems randomly…

Ranking system is whole another story, my gig dropped a lot and I have 1400+ reviews because of those changes changes changes …

Thanks Nika for being helpful ! 🙂

A few people received notification. However, the majority of Sellers is still awaiting our turn to give 💉

Right, but it pisses me off that I have to report a hand-vetted Seller from the top 1%. Which makes the PRO program lose credibility.

That’s not strictly true They know that people won’t like something so they don’t announce it.

I really wouldn’t worry about Pro. From a marketing standpoint, it simply doesn’t make sense to suddenly start spending $100 on the likes of a blog post as opposed to $10 - $50. Pro actually turns buyers off by being pushed at them so hard.

Then you have Pro sellers. If you offer a service which gets 1 - 8 sales per year, are you going to stick with Fiverr or move on?

• Pros don’t bring their own buyers to Fiverr
  • Celebrity Pros don’t find Fiverr and sign up. Fiverr has to find them and convince them
  • Fiverr clearly wants Pro to ber a massive success but keeps putting its own foot in its mouth when it comes to end customer experiences on the platform

Don’t stress so much. 🙂

Not so sure about that. I see a “pro” in my niche who has a pro gig (far too overpriced as usual) but at the same time he has the same gig as a TRS with a average non-pro price tag.

A few people received notification. However, the majority of Sellers is still awaiting our turn to give 💉

Right, but it pisses me off that I have to report a hand-vetted Seller from the top 1%. Which makes the PRO program lose credibility.

They are playing CIA too much haha. . .

Not so sure about that. I see a “pro” in my niche who has a pro gig (far too overpriced as usual) but at the same time he has the same gig as a TRS with a average non-pro price tag.

Not so sure about that. I see a “pro” in my niche which has a pro gig (far too overpriced as usual) but at the same time he has the same gig as a TRS with a average non-pro price tag.

Exactly. The Pro gig doesn’t sell so the seller has to have a regular gig setup. You can’t expect people to only sell Pro gigs if it means starving themselves.

Ranking system is whole another story, my gig dropped a lot and I have 1400+ reviews because of those changes changes changes …

You’re funny! 😄

I’m curious were you a TRS?

Not so sure about that. I see a “pro” in my niche which has a pro gig (far too overpriced as usual) but at the same time he has the same gig as a TRS with a average non-pro price tag.

Exactly. The Pro gig doesn’t sell so the seller has to have a regular gig setup. You can’t expect people to only sell Pro gigs if it means starving themselves.

At the same time though, what is a buyer supposed to think about this? It is literally the same gig and just the price differs. I just don’t know what to make out of all of this, it does not make too much sense. It would be nice to have some sort of official statement.

As I can see, Fiverr completely goes to Fiverr PRO, and soon it will be no place for regular sellers here.

As I can see, Fiverr completely goes to Fiverr PRO, and soon it will be no place for regular sellers here.

I hope that doesn’t happen. Traffic will fall tremendously if Fiverr becomes a Pro-Only Zone.

My clients aren’t stupid. They’re not going to pay $100 or $1,000 if they don’t have to.

Separating Pro from the rest is the best thing to happen in a long time. They no longer clog up normal results which was people’s main gripe with Pro.

I see what you mean. Now you have to click on Fiverr Pro Home to search for pro’s. Seems fair to me. I wonder if it will hurt pro sellers since not everyone will be clicking there to place an order?

I wonder if the 20% Fiverr takes from me and the $2 service charge they charge my buyers is going towards promoting and upgrading Fiverr Pro.

Yes, that service fee has to go. Reminds me of Lemiz “Master of the House”:

“Charge 'em for the lice, extra for the mice

Two percent for looking in the mirror twice

Here a little slice, there a little cut

Three percent for sleeping with the window shut

When it comes to fixing prices

There are a lot of tricks I knows

How it all increases, all them bits and pieces

Jesus! It’s amazing how it grows!”

You’re funny! 😄

I’m curious were you a TRS?

Nah,why?

But I can tell you I’ve dropped from 15 orders daily to 1 or 2.

Not to mention earnings…sheesh 😅

AND I didn’t get any warnings or whatever

Archived