• Level 2 > Level 1 (Demoted)
    • Level 1 (No change)
    • Level 1 > New Seller (Demoted)
    • New Seller (No change)
    • Restricted

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many great script and article writers arguing. I am not a fan of reading books but just sitting here and reading all the replies is an enjoyment of another level. After so many hours of reading, I feel my English language skills are improving a lot. 😃

I feel my English language skills are improving a lot.

Just try not to notice my typos (which I always have to go back in afterwards and fix…)

Compared to sellers who have completed 20k+ orders on Fiverr, your experience here pales in comparison.

Firstly, no need to patronize me.

Secondly, I understand the Fiverr platform is a little different to the world outside, but in one way it is increasingly aligned. The fact is, if you can’t apply exactly the same professionalism here that you would outside the Fiverr marketplace (which I do have a lot of experience in) you’re not going to survive.

That is apparently a rude awakening to some.

just clarifying how I understand how veteran sellers may take your advice with a pinch of salt.

That’s fine. Don’t take my advice. Or do. I don’t have a dog in this fight, other than wanting other people to succeed. Rather than saying what is “wrong” with my advice, why not share some insight of your own? In the meantime, all of us who are paying attention to the changes and getting our houses in order will continue to thrive.

Nothing patronising about the message, Paul. Have you completed 20k+ orders on Fiverr? Or, have you only recently joined the platform? It’s a very black and white situation, in my opinion.

Only because it’s a very abrupt change with no human element. I know a chap who completes 10 high-value orders a month. If he takes two weeks off and misses a bunch of messages, he has no way to combat the demotion.

why not share some insight of your own?

I would love to have the free time to contribute more to the forum. But, due to the new changes, I need to spend my time wisely and focus on my growing queue. It’d be great to sit here and help others. Sadly, I need to go to my messages, click “unspam request” and tell those begging for work not to message me. (A human touch, as I said, would be great)

A lot of people lost their level and probably for some level demotion equals less revenue which leads to unpaid bills. Of course people are upset about it.

I know you guys wish to help, but sometimes it’s better to back off for a while. You don’t know the details why someone got demoted so listing suggestions that are rather obvious can be seen as patronizing. Yesterday someone mentioned that if you got demoted then you should review your work ethics. My first reaction was WTF, it has nothing to do with work ethics if someone orders your gig and then requests an instant cancellation.

I’m sure some sellers got demoted because of their quality of service and what not, but there are also sellers who simply got screwed by buyers. It happens and I’m sure over time good sellers will get their level back. So give them time 😉
People are too emotional right now to accept suggestions. They wish to rant, and once they’ve re-grouped they will move on.

In the meantime, all of us who are paying attention to the chnages and getting our houses in roder will continue to thrive.

Correct, the vast majority of my business comes from repeat buyers. I may not get TRS, but I doubt that any of the folks who keep coming back to me will even care. This is such immature whining just because no one likes to have a cookie taken away. If you are doing well now, your regulars will continue to buy from you, and if demoted, win it back.

I think you take a lot of unfair knocks just because you are PRO level, and have made yourself an available target in the forums. But jealousy is never pretty. Hopefully a good deal of these folks will get with it, or get pissed and leave.

Frankly, I am amazed that we’re spending so much time having to explain that excellence matters. Fiverr may well have known what they were doing in enacting this.

I think you take a lot of unfair knocks just because you are PRO level, and have made yourself an available target in the forums.

Thanks. I wouldn’t mind except for the fact that most of the threads I start and comments I make are specifically designed to be constructive and to help people be more successful here on the platform. I am not getting any personal benefit out of this, aside from an altruistic sense of trying to be a decent person, anyway, enough “poor me!”

Additionally, if we all upped our game, more people would come to the platform, which would increase sales, and that’s good for everyone, right?

I have a major issue with some folks on the forum, so what if the sellers that were affected wants to moan and complain, everyone deals with situations differently. Is it taking up our time? Are they complaining about us? What is the forum for? Why now try to change what the forum was built for, why try to stop people from talking about their experience? Do you think the right approach when someone is mourning is to go up to them and start offering advise? I dont think to. At least allow them a few days to get over it.

I think you take a lot of unfair knocks just because you are PRO level, and have made yourself an available target in the forums.

Thanks. I wouldn’t mind except for the fact that most of the threads I start and comments I make are specifically designed to be constructive and to help people be more successful here on the platform. I am not getting any personal benefit out of this, aside from an altruistic sense of trying to be a decent person, anyway, enough “poor me!”

Additionally, if we all upped our game, more people would come to the platform, which would increase sales, and that’s good for everyone, right?

I fully agree.

The problem is that the wrong people are being targeted. Instead of killing off tenured sellers with YEARS of experience and service, why not focus on those hiding behind false country flags, those blatantly stealing gigs, and those directing traffic away from Fiverr?

Nothing patronising about the message, Paul. Have you completed 20k+ orders on Fiverr? Or, have you only recently joined the platform? It’s a very black and white situation, in my opinion.

Only because it’s a very abrupt change with no human element. I know a chap who completes 10 high-value orders a month. If he takes two weeks off and misses a bunch of messages, he has no way to combat the demotion.

why not share some insight of your own?

I would love to have the free time to contribute more to the forum. But, due to the new changes, I need to spend my time wisely and focus on my growing queue. It’d be great to sit here and help others. Sadly, I need to go to my messages, click “unspam request” and tell those begging for work not to message me. (A human touch, as I said, would be great)

Since you ask, I made six figures freelancing on and off of Fiverr last year. It’s a bit vulgar to talk about money, but if you want proof of professionalism, there you go… I may not have 20K orders, but I know how the platform works. I researched it, read about it, visited the forums, looked at the analytics, engaged in discussions, spoke to the CS team in depth - completing 20K orders isn’t the only measure of success or understanding of the platform.

Reading back through this, me raising the point about my income was an attempt to show professionalism, when ironically it did the opposite. My apologies - I have felt a little personally attacked here and did not let a cooler head prevail. Lesson learned.

Yes, but if you earned lets say TRS back in 2010 when there were 300 sellers on fiverr and have had it all along, the idea that you are not delivering at a level to remain will feel like losing an entitlement. Some people don’t realize that employee of the month is not a lifetime appointment.

A lot of people lost their level and probably for some level demotion equals less revenue which leads to unpaid bills. Of course people are upset about it.

I know you guys wish to help, but sometimes it’s better to back off for a while. You don’t know the details why someone got demoted so listing suggestions that are rather obvious can be seen as patronizing. Yesterday someone mentioned that if you got demoted then you should review your work ethics. My first reaction was WTF, it has nothing to do with work ethics if someone orders your gig and then requests an instant cancellation.

I’m sure some sellers got demoted because of their quality of service and what not, but there are also sellers who simply got screwed by buyers. It happens and I’m sure over time good sellers will get their level back. So give them time 😉

People are too emotional right now to accept suggestions. They wish to rant, and once they’ve re-grouped they will move on.

I have a hard time being sympathetic on a business level (not a human one) because I devote so much of my time and effort to my work here.

When there are people like me here to do what I do as far as spending 7 days a week answering messages, talking to people, giving 200% every day to every order, it makes sense to not lump us in with those who don’t do this. So it’s hard to have sympathy because I know the lengths I go to every day to do the work I do.

I have a major issue with some folks on the forum, so what if the sellers that were affected wants to moan and complain, everyone deals with situations differently. Is it taking up our time? Are they complaining about us? What is the forum for? Why now try to change what the forum was built for, why try to stop people from talking about their experience? Do you think the right approach when someone is mourning is to go up to them and start offering advise? I dont think to. At least allow them a few days to get over it.

Probably because it is hard to listen to someone being an advocate for lower standards.

I have a hard time being sympathetic on a business level (not a human one) because I devote so much of my time and effort to my work here.

When there are people like me here to do what I do as far as spending 7 days a week answering messages, talking to people, giving 200% every day to every order, it makes sense to not lump us in with those who don’t do this. So it’s hard to have sympathy because I know the lengths I go to every day to do the work I do.

Let’s say someone targets you to lose your level. There’s not a thing you can do about it.

Wouldn’t you be pissed if someone makes 10 orders and cancels them? And then on top of that someone comes and says “Why don’t you work harder next time?”

Working 7 days a week is your choice. Not all of us want to do that.

Let’s say someone targets you to lose your level. There’s not a thing you can do about it.

Wouldn’t you be pissed if someone makes 10 orders and cancels them? And then on top of that someone comes and says “Why don’t you work harder next time?”

I’m not saying I’m in agreement with this setup in every way and what you mentioned is indeed a huge problem.

Just want to state again here, if you have suggestions on practical things that can be done to help sellers meet the new Fiverr metrics and thresholds, please head over here and post about it. Thanks.

Just want to state again here, if you have suggestions on practical things that can be done to help sellers meet the new Fiverr metrics and thresholds, please head over here and post about it. Thanks.

You have it listed already. Offer X amount of allowed cancellations. 😉

But my point was that there ARE people like me doing this and it works well for us. It shows. So we don’t want to be on the same rating as someone who is not completing orders, answering messages, having more than $5 sales ever, delivering late, etc. I want to stand out from the crowd as a great seller and put in the effort.

Wouldn’t you be pissed if someone makes 10 orders and cancels them?

But that’s not what’s happening. If I placed 10 fake orders with you and cancelled them all CS would remove them for you and scold me.

Since you ask, I made six figures freelancing on and off of Fiverr last year. It’s a bit vulgar to talk about money, but if you want proof of professionalism, there you go… I may not have 20K orders, but I know how the platform works. I researched it, read about it, visited the forums, looked at the analytics, engaged in discussions, spoke to the CS team in depth - completing 20K orders isn’t the only measure of success or understanding of the platform.

Reading back through this, me raising the point about my income was an attempt to show professionalism, when ironically it did the opposite. My apologies - I have felt a little personally attacked here and did not let a cooler head prevail. Lesson learned.

Since you ask, I made six figures freelancing on and off of Fiverr last year.

I didn’t ask for your income, Paul. I have a fantastic counter-argument, but I feel income is completely irrelevant in the context of this conversation. 🙂

Similar to orders completed, income is not the only indicator of professionalism.

Equally, your “research” of the platform is not the same as living and breathing it every single day.

I made six figures freelancing on and off of Fiverr last year. It’s a bit vulgar to talk about money,

I don’t think this comment was necessary to the discussion.

I made six figures freelancing on and off of Fiverr last year. It’s a bit vulgar to talk about money,

Fair point, I have felt a little personally attacked in this thread, and it was inappropriate, my apologies.

Archived