• TRS. (No change)
    • TRS > Level 2 (Demoted)
    • Level 2 (No change )
    • Level 2 > Level 1 (Demoted)
    • Level 1 (No change)
    • Level 1 > New Seller (Demoted)
    • New Seller (No change)
    • Restricted

Wouldn’t you be pissed if someone makes 10 orders and cancels them?

But that’s not what’s happening. If I placed 10 fake orders with you and cancelled them all CS would remove them for you and scold me.

But that’s not what’s happening. If I placed 10 fake orders with you and cancelled them all CS would remove them for you and scold me.

Nope. I went through this and they didn’t do anything. They said don’t worry and I still lost my level.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. I went through this and they didn’t do anything. They said don’t worry and I still lost my level.

What? The same person did this ten times in a row?

Working 7 days a week is your choice. Not all of us want to do that.

But my point was that there ARE people like me doing this and it works well for us. It shows. So we don’t want to be on the same rating as someone who is not completing orders, answering messages, having more than $5 sales ever, delivering late, etc. I want to stand out from the crowd as a great seller and put in the effort.

But my point was that there ARE people like me doing this and it works well for us. It shows. So we don’t want to be on the same rating as someone who is not completing orders, answering messages, having more than $5 sales ever, delivering late, etc. I want to stand out from the crowd as a great seller and put in the effort.

giphy.gif.d91a55ba1532297231f84c5ea8820c21.gif

Wouldn’t you be pissed if someone makes 10 orders and cancels them?

it doesn’t take 10 orders, it just takes 2-3 orders from 1 or 2 people.

Nope. I went through this and they didn’t do anything

They refused after someone made 10 fake orders? That can’t be factual.

Nope. I went through this and they didn’t do anything

They refused after someone made 10 fake orders? That can’t be factual.

That was an example because I don’t know how many orders some people do here 🙂

For me personally 1 single order was enough because I don’t do 100 orders a month or even 10.

They say in the TOS they won’t tolerate someone doing things like this to bring down another seller.

They say in the TOS they won’t tolerate someone doing things like this to bring down another seller.

I see it was an example. Hard to argue about hypotheticals.

There are a lot of highly respected and respectable sellers (people) involved in this heated discussion and so it makes it extremely difficult to try moderate some comments here. There are very good points being made all around, but one in particular stood out as I hadn’t really considered it yet.
It is extremely early days and we don’t really know how this will affect each of us.

People are annoyed, upset and worried - all understandably - and perhaps it might be worthwhile for those who have not been affected to take a backseat in the discussion for a time. Let people share their concerns, worries, frustrations etc and not try to fix them. Lets let the dust settle a bit and everyone who wants can be around afterwards to help pick things up again.

Edit: And yes, I include myself in that - entering Read-Only mode

There are a lot of highly respected and respectable sellers (people) involved in this heated discussion and so it makes it extremely difficult to try moderate some comments here. There are very good points being made all around, but one in particular stood out as I hadn’t really considered it yet.

It is extremely early days and we don’t really know how this will affect each of us.

People are annoyed, upset and worried - all understandably - and perhaps it might be worthwhile for those who have not been affected to take a backseat in the discussion for a time. Let people share their concerns, worries, frustrations etc and not try to fix them. Lets let the dust settle a bit and everyone who wants can be around afterwards to help pick things up again.

Edit: And yes, I include myself in that - entering Read-Only mode

Agreed, I’m starting a thread for meatball recipes. Good luck to all.

Change the number 10 to 1, 2 or 3 and it’s not hypothetical for some sellers 😉

Anyway, my point is that the system is not perfect and these new rules put some sellers into a difficult position. However, we will figure out what to do next and move on 🙂

And as Eoin said, if some people wish to rant about it then let them.

Getting a bit out of hand here isn’t it? Many will know I don’t post often here as I like to remain quite impartial but can we keep this discussion constructive?

It’s a polarising issue for sure, many people will be hurting I echo what Eoin has just said, if you haven’t been affected by the recent changes it might be worthwhile to take a time out, go for a walk or something and chill, many people are feeling some pain right now and offering advice might not be taken in the spirit it was intended.

Can I just ask, what happens to people who don’t even meet the criteria for level 1? I’m seeing reductions across the board for all levels of sellers. One would assume, however, that new seller and level one seller numbers would rise as a result of people being demoted from higher up.

In this case, do some sellers just get shown the door?

Can I just ask, what happens to people who don’t even meet the criteria for level 1? I’m seeing reductions across the board for all levels of sellers. One would assume, however, that new seller and level one seller numbers would rise as a result of people being demoted from higher up.

They go to being an unleveled seller just like when you first join fiverr

They do rise, you can see it when comparing the screenshots some people did for some categories in Sydney´s thread:

Last year, I made a thread to measure how many gigs disappeared following Fiverr’s site cleanup. Over the course of a few weeks, they removed around 4,000 editing gigs alone and other sellers watched hundreds of gigs disappear in their categories as well. So (out of intrigue), I’m going to do something similar to see how the levels get swapped around come the first evaluation period on the 14th. "Proofreading" January 8 vs. January 15 [proofreading][55 AM] (899 gigs bumped from Level 2 to L…

Ok. In this case, I suppose that one positive of the new change is that no one actually gets murdered or turned into seller Soylent Green.

At least that’s something.

Ok. In this case, I suppose that one positive of the new change is that no one actually gets murdered or turned into seller Soylent Green.

Uhm… I was just able to buy this - should I be concerned?

image.jpg.c5c6ce5db91969262645aa0b7388fb7e.jpg

Uhm… I was just able to buy this - should I be concerned?

I dunno… When you shake it and leave it in a quiet corner of the kitchen, do you hear ghostly murmurings of, “how do I mek sell?” - If so yes, you should be very concerned.

Archived