• TRS > Level 2 (Demoted)
    • Level 2 (No change )
    • Level 2 > Level 1 (Demoted)
    • Level 1 (No change)
    • Level 1 > New Seller (Demoted)
    • New Seller (No change)
    • Restricted

The cost of doing business here is 20%.

Can’t believe how some people have the audacity to say anything positive about a change that has no real value for anyone. But whatever, I’m tired of dealing with people who think that just by acting like they’re on Fiverr’s side they’ll magically get boosted.

I’m going back to work and ignoring the mess they’re making.

Can’t believe how some people have the audacity to say anything positive about a change that has no real value for anyone. But whatever, I’m tired of dealing with people who think that just by acting like they’re on Fiverr’s side they’ll magically get boosted.

From what I can see, roughly 50% of level 2 sellers have been demoted.

That is a hell of a lot of sellers who have not kept up to what I see as strict but fair standards. There are some “babies who will have been thrown out with the bathwater” but take the writing category as an example - the category has a really bad reputation and the number of level 2 sellers there was 11k+. Now it is 4k. Perhaps the standard has improved and the site may soon attract better buyers who seek higher quality writers.

As for your accusation about being a suck-up, please… stop and think that perhaps people have a different opinion and perspective to you, it is possible you could be wrong you know. Besides, discussion is what the forum is for.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I can see, roughly 50% of level 2 sellers have been demoted.

That is a hell of a lot of sellers who have not kept up to what I see as strict but fair standards. There are some “babies who will have been thrown out with the bathwater” but take the writing category as an example - the category has a really bad reputation and the number of level 2 sellers there was 11k+. Now it is 4k. Perhaps the standard has improved and the site may soon attract better buyers who seek higher quality writers.

As for your accusation about being a suck-up, please… stop and think that perhaps people have a different opinion and perspective to you, it is possible you could be wrong you know. Besides, discussion is what the forum is for.

I agree with eoinfinnegan.

This new system will flush out the sellers in all categories which don’t live up to Fiverr (and in genral high quality) standards.

As for siding with Fiverr, this topic doesn’t have anything to do with it.

Personally, most of the time I have been against Fiverr’s bad MO and TOS due to poor judgment, but this time they are spot on. Again, this is my opinion only and it doesn’t mean that I am right or wrong.

I got a small notification (lower right corner) on Fiverr that my acc is nominated for TRS and that they will get back to me within 48 hours. Anyone else got the same msg?

When you received that notification? Can you confirm please. I have not received yet?

Lost my TRS today, after 3 years of smooth sailing. Says it was due to low response rate.

I had notices that rate slipping, but I couldn’t figure out why – it was my assumption that its evaluated based on speed of response and if you respond to everyone.

I always respond within minutes and to everyone. The only exceptions are when I receive messages while I sleep – most of my clients are in China, so there have been 6 to 8 hour delays until I wake up.

Also I do not respond to clients anymore when the conversation is over or we’ve moved on to the order page.

Anyone have any idea how that response aspect is actually evaluated?

Because it does not seem fair to me that it’s expected that I would have to jump out of bed at 3 in the morning to respond to a message just so i can keep my response rate…

well, fiverr has taken away my TRS status and i can only guess that it’s my response rate to blame. 82%. funny, my feedback rate is 100% positive, so my actual customer rating is still at the top!

but as far as response rate goes, i’ve had to open support tickets in the past due to the number being wrong - at one point it said 25% and i’d been really on the ball! so i guess we’ll all be treated like numbers from here on out, instead of humans with varying circumstances. i work 3 jobs and sometimes i have to actually SPEND TIME doing them and can’t always drop everything to address some anonymous buyer’s whim. beware, me fiverr seller brethren! for the end is nigh!

Lost my TRS today, after 3 years of smooth sailing. Says it was due to low response rate.

I had notices that rate slipping, but I couldn’t figure out why – it was my assumption that its evaluated based on speed of response and if you respond to everyone.

I always respond within minutes and to everyone. The only exceptions are when I receive messages while I sleep – most of my clients are in China, so there have been 6 to 8 hour delays until I wake up.

Also I do not respond to clients anymore when the conversation is over or we’ve moved on to the order page.

Anyone have any idea how that response aspect is actually evaluated?

Because it does not seem fair to me that it’s expected that I would have to jump out of bed at 3 in the morning to respond to a message just so i can keep my response rate…

I had notices that rate slipping, but I couldn’t figure out why

i’ve had to open support tickets in the past due to the number being wrong

Response rate is the % of FIRST messages responded to within 24 hours.

I know there have been bugs with it so it might be worth checking your reply times and then contacting support to ask them to check.

My own response rate went up by 13% when CS did a reset of my Dashboard for a different issue.

I had notices that rate slipping, but I couldn’t figure out why

i’ve had to open support tickets in the past due to the number being wrong

Response rate is the % of FIRST messages responded to within 24 hours.

I know there have been bugs with it so it might be worth checking your reply times and then contacting support to ask them to check.

My own response rate went up by 13% when CS did a reset of my Dashboard for a different issue.

i love how support says that their response time is 24-48 hours but mine needs to be instant.

I received the same msg. That is only a nomination so don’t expect to get it automatically. They will review your acc and then decide if you should get it. I have been on Fiverr from 2011, completed countless orders, maintained top service and yet I haven’t been promoted to TRS.

That nomination is to get your hopes high. I already know that I will not get TRS status so no biggie 😃

Ok, surely some people should have been demoted by now. Much more importantly, since we all know what criteria we need to meet not to be demoted, some people must know that they are going to shed a level badge (or perhaps 2) over the next 12 hours. - The thing is, will anyone now dare admit it?

For me, I’m at 99%, 100%, and 97%. This means I’m clear.

HOWEVER, I did intend to have 100% across the board in time for tomorrow and in a way, my stats prove an important point. Namely, the only reason I don’t have a 100% response time, is due to 1 spam message which I could not reply to. Meanwhile, I have only had one real late delivery and one brought about via a Fiverr bug.

Given the above, I’m down 3 out of 4 percentage points due to matters beyond my ability to control. In this case, there is no shame in being a victim of the first great Fiverr Cull. What I am interested in though, is why you might be a victim.

Did a Fiverr bug tip the balance? Does your niche simply necessitate that you cancel more frequently? - If so, what niche is it? Also, what did you try and do to maintain your current level?

Come on. You won’t be able to hide forever. Bring out your dead and vent and explain why you have fallen from grace in the eyes of our overlord.

aa39b7c0dd63031aa3a9e8c96e40fa03--tv-movie-monty-python

Level One Seller - or used to be …

Between spam messages -that can NEVER be found…, and the apparent requirement to never cease conversing… (I buy from fellow sellers all the time… and we can’t seem to stop messaging because neither of us want our rating to go down simply because Fiverr doesn’t recognize when communication needs to end)

100% delivered on time, 92% completion rate (2/46 total -(both tarot readings that didn’t quite fit into what was possible) that’s right only 2 - and they were MUTUAL - at least People Per Hour takes mutual cancellation into consideration…), and 88% response rate (thank you spammers and poor statistical logistics) … I’ve checked my inbox hundreds of times, looking over my messages and ensuring that in each one, I’ve had the most recent or final response - and yet NO CHANGE in my bloody statistics. What the heck am I missing?

At this point, I’m probably going to be focusing on a different platform (PeoplePerHour) because their rating system makes more sense. Fiverr will simply be a residual income possibility instead of a main focus for potential income in my situation so long as these bugs aren’t worked out.

Just had customer support cancel 2 active orders forcefully - I’m assuming it’s a chargeback or the person closed their account as they no longer exist / their account has disappeared - This unfortunately drops my completion rate from 91% to 89% - for a situation that would seemingly be out of my control I’ll now be penalized in a few hours for it.

As nice as the progressive level situation is - I see this ultimately negatively affecting the way sellers conduct business on the platform (or worse, the health of freelancers on this platform) - It’s becoming an incredibly fragile marketplace where reputation, seniority and likewise are no longer acknowledged as much as performance will be - and with performance being such a volatile figure on a month-to-month basis it’s bound to create instability to some degree.

Personally, and forwarding the discussion I’d see that it’d make more sense that you’d receive an initial warning before demotion or “2 strikes and you’re demoted” sort of implementation as you spend so much time earning and working your way up through the ranks and dedicating your time to the platform - only to be hit with situations such as mines where you get 2 random cancellations last minute (literally) and lose the very badge you’ve worked months to attain or the level you’ve been at for some which could be literally years - over having a 1% decline to what’s considered optimal.

As a seller who’s dedicated lots of time and effort to the platform, It’s simply concerning.

As the other ones… My situation happend 2 days before the evalution a cancellation just went to 87% and finally my level was demoted to 0 Next evalution in one year… incredible…

Level One Seller - or used to be …

Between spam messages -that can NEVER be found…, and the apparent requirement to never cease conversing… (I buy from fellow sellers all the time… and we can’t seem to stop messaging because neither of us want our rating to go down simply because Fiverr doesn’t recognize when communication needs to end)

100% delivered on time, 92% completion rate (2/46 total -(both tarot readings that didn’t quite fit into what was possible) that’s right only 2 - and they were MUTUAL - at least People Per Hour takes mutual cancellation into consideration…), and 88% response rate (thank you spammers and poor statistical logistics) … I’ve checked my inbox hundreds of times, looking over my messages and ensuring that in each one, I’ve had the most recent or final response - and yet NO CHANGE in my bloody statistics. What the heck am I missing?

At this point, I’m probably going to be focusing on a different platform (PeoplePerHour) because their rating system makes more sense. Fiverr will simply be a residual income possibility instead of a main focus for potential income in my situation so long as these bugs aren’t worked out.

the apparent requirement to never cease conversing

This is not necessary, only the first message is counted.

I’ve checked my inbox hundreds of times, looking over my messages and ensuring that in each one, I’ve had the most recent or final response - and yet NO CHANGE in my bloody statistics. What the heck am I missing?

That is not the cause. It is likely to be the fact that you have not responded to spam.

i love how support says that their response time is 24-48 hours but mine needs to be instant.

Exactly we are their customers… But I we fail we have to be punished they just to ignore our support demands for 48 hrs is OK…

they consider it justice

Well, I just checked my analytics and saw that the date changed so I must have been evaluated already. Didn’t get any messages though.

Early I also got the message “Nominated for a TRS Level”. Just now I checked my Analytics. It says next evaluation on Feb 15th. Not sure they already evaluated.

the apparent requirement to never cease conversing

This is not necessary, only the first message is counted.

I’ve checked my inbox hundreds of times, looking over my messages and ensuring that in each one, I’ve had the most recent or final response - and yet NO CHANGE in my bloody statistics. What the heck am I missing?

That is not the cause. It is likely to be the fact that you have not responded to spam.

Where is the spam folder? If it isn’t in the inbox… I can’t very well respond to it can I?

Archived