• TRS. (No change)
    • TRS > Level 2 (Demoted)
    • Level 2 (No change )
    • Level 2 > Level 1 (Demoted)
    • Level 1 (No change)
    • Level 1 > New Seller (Demoted)
    • New Seller (No change)
    • Restricted

That’s not the point. The point is there are discrepancies and errors on BOTH sides and using an automated system to determine a seller’s value is the opposite of what they say they’re about - treating people like robots instead of accepting that we’re human. I understand if someone consistently made the same mistakes, but there are far too many contributing factors to place everyone into an automated rating system without looking at the facts.

I like the fact I only get 2-3 orders a month, because I work full time and they’re generally big orders ($200 etc.), but because of this it means come rain or shine (or flu!) I HAVE to completed ALL orders to maintain Level 1, nevermind Level 2.

This isn’t because I’ve done something wrong or I can’t follow the rules, this is because based on scale, any cancelled order means I automatically drop to below 90%, no matter the reason for mutally cancelling. This means if someone orders two gigs by mistake (as has happened before) I get demoted! How is this fair?

And I’m sure there’s more than just me who have to deal with this kind of system. I shouldn’t be penalised just because I want to maintain a steady level of orders I believe I can manage. I’m not expecting to be made TRS, I’m simply asking for a human brain to intervene when clearly the issue is not shoddy sellers not doing the right thing.

I like the fact I only get 2-3 orders a month, because I work full time and they’re generally big orders ($200 etc.), but because of this it means come rain or shine (or flu!) I HAVE to completed ALL orders to maintain Level 1, nevermind Level 2.

You make a good point. It isn’t set up for someone who is happy to only get a very few orders a month. I’ve always known that fiverr is mainly for those who do it full time.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may not get TRS, but even if that is the case, I think fiverr was wise to start this purge. As we see them adding PRO, and pushing to lose the $5 sweatshop image, they need to knock out the $5 sweatshop sellers. Funny that all it takes to do that is ask them to abide by very simple rules that any business owner would insist on. Imaging keeping a Barista on at Starbucks, who can only deliver a coffee to 89% of the people who order.

Flaming in 3, 2,…1

And imagine being demoted to sweeping floors because ONE customer didn’t like their coffee.

See. It works both ways.

You make a good point. It isn’t set up for someone who is happy to only get a very few orders a month. I’ve always known that fiverr is mainly for those who do it full time.

Tell that to Fiverr then when they don’t show my gig past like the 400th seller in search 😕 just because I took a break two years ago, haha.

It’s nice if people can do it full time but not everyone has the time, money or resources to do freelancing full time, and especially not through one platform, which is kind of dangerous to be honest.

And freelancing full time is not what freelance platforms are about - freelancing is done by many people part time, mothers, people with part time office work, people who don’t actually want to work full time hours because it doesn’t suit them, etc.

Tell that to Fiverr then when they don’t show my gig past like the 400th seller in search 😕 just because I took a break two years ago, haha.

It’s nice if people can do it full time but not everyone has the time, money or resources to do freelancing full time, and especially not through one platform, which is kind of dangerous to be honest.

And freelancing full time is not what freelance platforms are about - freelancing is done by many people part time, mothers, people with part time office work, people who don’t actually want to work full time hours because it doesn’t suit them, etc.

We are encouraged to make this our full time job. This is a system with so much competition that anyone who isn’t producing large numbers of sales is penalized, just because it doesn’t make sense to give priority over those who are making lots of sales to those who make few.

I may not get TRS, but even if that is the case, I think fiverr was wise to start this purge. As we see them adding PRO, and pushing to lose the $5 sweatshop image, they need to knock out the $5 sweatshop sellers. Funny that all it takes to do that is ask them to abide by very simple rules that any business owner would insist on. Imaging keeping a Barista on at Starbucks, who can only deliver a coffee to 89% of the people who order.

Flaming in 3, 2,…1

Flaming in 3, 2,…1

Don’t worry, Mike the 🔥

😃

We are encouraged to make this our full time job. This is a system with so much competition that anyone who isn’t producing large numbers of sales is penalized, just because it doesn’t make sense to give priority over those who are making lots of sales to those who make few.

Um, I think making large numbers of $$$$ is important to Fiverr, not sales. Surely 5 orders equal to $1000 is better than 50 $5 orders?

Guest bdclothing

Um, I think making large numbers of $$$$ is important to Fiverr, not sales. Surely 5 orders equal to $1000 is better than 50 $5 orders?

I agree that fewer orders at a higher price point are better than many orders at a lower price rate but with a platform called Fiverr, is the average buyer looking to invest $1000?

I agree that fewer orders at a higher price point are better than many orders at a lower price rate but with a platform called Fiverr, is the average buyer looking to invest $1000?

Well my average buyer spends $200 because I get orders for large books or book series, so yeah. And if they weren’t focused on higher priced items they wouldn’t introduce TRS or Pro. I think you’ll find it difficult to seek out any TRS or long-term Fiverr seller completing orders for just $5.

Surely 5 orders equal to $1000 is better than 50 $5 orders?

Over a month? A week? Those 5 orders are over how long a time period?

I’m not disagreeing with you and I know what you mean.

I’m on your side because since raising my prices, I have fewer orders, which will make my analytics and stats more difficult.

Guest bdclothing

Well my average buyer spends $200 because I get orders for large books or book series, so yeah. And if they weren’t focused on higher priced items they wouldn’t introduce TRS or Pro. I think you’ll find it difficult to seek out any TRS or long-term Fiverr seller completing orders for just $5.

I think you’ll find it difficult to seek out any TRS or long-term Fiverr seller completing orders for just $5.

I would certainly hope not.

I’m on your side because since raising my prices, I have fewer orders, which will make my analytics and stats more difficult.

The timescale doesn’t really matter if both are over the same timescale…my point is if Fiverr are going to penalise sellers for only having a few large orders a month then why not penalise those who have lots of orders for only $5?

Fiverr’s end game is to generate as much revenue as possible and they can do that better and faster through larger orders rather than number of orders.

The timescale doesn’t really matter if both are over the same timescale…my point is if Fiverr are going to penalise sellers for only having a few large orders a month then why not penalise those who have lots of orders for only $5?

Fiverr’s end game is to generate as much revenue as possible and they can do that better and faster through larger orders rather than number of orders.

if Fiverr are going to penalise sellers for only having a few large orders a month then why not penalise those who have lots of orders for only $5?

I used to be very frustrated because, in my category, I saw sellers who only did $5 and $10 orders on the top row nonstop while I was selling larger orders and not as visible.

Lately that has changed. Fiverr now gives better rankings to those with large orders. They still like to see a lot of orders. It’s not a great situation if you only want a couple of orders a month.

Guest bdclothing

Very good point! Agree completely.

I’ve been nominated to TRS. My question is; am I going to get any notification that I was selected or rejected as a TRS? They said it will take 48 hours, but are we going to get any note about it?

are we going to get any note about it?

I didn’t. I noticed one day I was a TRS. Some do, some don’t.

Guest bdclothing

I had the same issue happen once also. I had to raise prices and shorten turn-around time. As a result, the volume increased but the pressure to finish…intense.

So I won’t get any notification about the verdict. Well, that’s unfortunate.

Won’t you notice the badge on your profile? I look at my stats page and profile every day.

If you have to get a notice before you know if your level changed, you are not paying attention enough to your profile and stats pages.

Someone who is deserving of being a TRS is here all the time looking at these things.

I’ve been nominated to TRS. My question is; am I going to get any notification that I was selected or rejected as a TRS? They said it will take 48 hours, but are we going to get any note about it?

If you were formally notified of what is to come, chances are that you’ll not only get notified when it does come but you’d see the new badge displayed in your account.

Won’t you notice the badge on your profile? I look at my stats page and profile every day.

If you have to get a notice before you know if your level changed, you are not paying attention enough to your profile and stats pages.

Someone who is deserving of being a TRS is here all the time looking at these things.

I check the orders, not my own stats. If I stay Lvl 2, basically nothing will change. I’m just curious what’s the process of this whole thing. Of course TRS would be good, only because of the 7 day withdrawal, but if I stay Lvl 2, basically nothing will change.

if Fiverr are going to penalise sellers for only having a few large orders a month then why not penalise those who have lots of orders for only $5?

I used to be very frustrated because, in my category, I saw sellers who only did $5 and $10 orders on the top row nonstop while I was selling larger orders and not as visible.

Lately that has changed. Fiverr now gives better rankings to those with large orders. They still like to see a lot of orders. It’s not a great situation if you only want a couple of orders a month.

I don’t actually WANT a couple of orders - I’d love more! But try as I might I cannot for the life of me get my gigs to rank and get the amount of impressions I used to. I’m considering re-writing my entire gig description and starting again because at this point I’ve got nothing to lose!

I check the orders, not my own stats. If I stay Lvl 2, basically nothing will change. I’m just curious what’s the process of this whole thing. Of course TRS would be good, only because of the 7 day withdrawal, but if I stay Lvl 2, basically nothing will change.

I check the orders, not my own stats.

You should be looking at your analytics page at least once a day!

I watch mine several times a day every day.

It sounds like it’s a very relaxed attitude to your stats and analytics to be honest.

Archived