• Level 2 > Level 1 (Demoted)
    • Level 1 (No change)
    • Level 1 > New Seller (Demoted)
    • New Seller (No change)
    • Restricted

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For ANYTHING about being PROMOTED, DEMOTED or SIMILAR, please do not create a new topic about it or it may be deleted. Instead, post it here and everyone can discuss it together.
Click here to go to part two of the topic and discuss further.
Click here to go to part one (now closed) of the topic.

Useful Links about this subject:
Just Been Demoted? Let’s Stop it Happening Again - Advice on avoiding issues and maintaining stats
www.fiverr.com/levels - all the requirements for each level.
http://blog.fiverr.com/level-systems-update-what-fiverr-sellers-need-to-know/ - Official blog post about the Level Update
REMINDER: Level Systems Update is January 15th - discussion about the blog post
Feeling Unfairly Demoted? - A place to vent if you’ve been demoted and need to talk about it

- unofficial theme tune for the build up to the day

My delivery and response percentages are not ideal for this evaluation. I am going to lose my level 2 badge.

Is it an automatic process? My problem is how can recover my level again? Do I have to do the same effort as I did before? OMG

Does anyone has an idea?

You lose levels, you can get it back on the next evaluation given you can raise your stats.

@eoinfinnegan this thread was a pretty good idea.

My delivery and response percentages are not ideal for this evaluation. I am going to lose my level 2 badge.

Is it an automatic process? My problem is how can recover my level again? Do I have to do the same effort as I did before? OMG

Does anyone has an idea?

Yes, it’s the automatic process so if you do not meet criteria to keep your badge, you will lose it automatically, but you can get it back next month. 😉

Just had customer support cancel 2 active orders forcefully - I’m assuming it’s a chargeback or the person closed their account as they no longer exist / their account has disappeared - This unfortunately drops my completion rate from 91% to 89% - for a situation that would seemingly be out of my control I’ll now be penalized in a few hours for it.

As nice as the progressive level situation is - I see this ultimately negatively affecting the way sellers conduct business on the platform (or worse, the health of freelancers on this platform) - It’s becoming an incredibly fragile marketplace where reputation, seniority and likewise are no longer acknowledged as much as performance will be - and with performance being such a volatile figure on a month-to-month basis it’s bound to create instability to some degree.

Personally, and forwarding the discussion I’d see that it’d make more sense that you’d receive an initial warning before demotion or “2 strikes and you’re demoted” sort of implementation as you spend so much time earning and working your way up through the ranks and dedicating your time to the platform - only to be hit with situations such as mines where you get 2 random cancellations last minute (literally) and lose the very badge you’ve worked months to attain or the level you’ve been at for some which could be literally years - over having a 1% decline to what’s considered optimal.

As a seller who’s dedicated lots of time and effort to the platform, It’s simply concerning.

I was going to reply, but then I realized: everything one says in this thread can and will be used against them by the dark competitor lords or third-party villains hired by them. It can easily turn into a “how to destroy your nagging competitors” thread as far as I see it 👀

There are plenty of lurkers, you know 👁️

Thus I shall remain 🤐

I was going to reply, but then I realized: everything one says in this thread can and will be used against them by the dark competitor lords or third-party villains hired by them. It can easily turn into a “how to destroy your nagging competitors” thread as far as I see it 👀

There are plenty of lurkers, you know 👁️

Thus I shall remain 🤐

I was going to reply, but then I realized: everything one says in this thread can and will be used against them by the dark competitor lords or third-party villains hired by them.

So what? I love White House news briefings just because of that.

Never mind. I thought this would be a good way to streamline any influx of levelageddon posts. Instead, I shall just return to the X-Files.

Wait, so is this automated evaluation supposed to take place exactly at 12:00 AM London time on January 15th? (as in, three hours from now) Or is it some specific scheduled hour on that day?

Wait, so is this automated evaluation supposed to take place exactly at 12:00 AM London time on January 15th? (as in, three hours from now) Or is it some specific scheduled hour on that day?

Nobody knows - only Fiverr knows what time of the day, and if it takes more than a day or not. We’ve only been given a specific day, which also appears to be different for many sellers, and that’s all.

I wish it was the 16th already 😃
I will lose my L2 because a buyer changed his mind and since I didn’t want to do the job I agreed to cancel, but to be honest I don’t think it will make any difference. The benefits you get with Level 2 are not that different. I would be pissed if I went from TRS to L2, but dropping to L1 doesn’t make much difference, at least not to me.

I ask all my clients why they chose me for their project and not a single buyer has said that it’s because of my level. Most of them said it’s either because of my reviews or my detailed proposal. If anything, some buyers might even see it as a selling point. Here’s a guy on L1, so if he’s able to sell his gig at this price range he must be good! 😃

Ok, surely some people should have been demoted by now. Much more importantly, since we all know what criteria we need to meet not to be demoted, some people must know that they are going to shed a level badge (or perhaps 2) over the next 12 hours. - The thing is, will anyone now dare admit it?

For me, I’m at 99%, 100%, and 97%. This means I’m clear.

HOWEVER, I did intend to have 100% across the board in time for tomorrow and in a way, my stats prove an important point. Namely, the only reason I don’t have a 100% response time, is due to 1 spam message which I could not reply to. Meanwhile, I have only had one real late delivery and one brought about via a Fiverr bug.

Given the above, I’m down 3 out of 4 percentage points due to matters beyond my ability to control. In this case, there is no shame in being a victim of the first great Fiverr Cull. What I am interested in though, is why you might be a victim.

Did a Fiverr bug tip the balance? Does your niche simply necessitate that you cancel more frequently? - If so, what niche is it? Also, what did you try and do to maintain your current level?

Come on. You won’t be able to hide forever. Bring out your dead and vent and explain why you have fallen from grace in the eyes of our overlord.

aa39b7c0dd63031aa3a9e8c96e40fa03--tv-movie-monty-python

I will be demoted because the effing buyers, whilst happy with the work, didn’t leave a review and I didn’t bother about that. But tonight I make a custom offer for one of my returning buyers, who always leaves a review, therefore I will be promoted next time.
Oh, did I already mention that I don’t give an effing eff in one of my previous posts?

I will be demoted because the effing buyers, whilst happy with the work, didn’t leave a review and I didn’t bother about that. But tonight I make a custom offer for one of my returning buyers, who always leaves a review, therefore I will be promoted next time.

Oh, did I already mention that I don’t give an effing eff in one of my previous posts?

I am at 99%, 99& and 100%, but with a 4.8 star rating I just pray that I don’t get a bad review by tomorrow or I will be one of those carted off to the land of the dead.

I am at 99%, 99& and 100%, but with a 4.8 star rating I just pray that I don’t get a bad review by tomorrow or I will be one of those carted off to the land of the dead.

Actually, I thought my rating would move down to 4.8 but it’s moved up to 5 somehow. In this case, you might be surprised in a positive way!

Actually, I thought my rating would move down to 4.8 but it’s moved up to 5 somehow. In this case, you might be surprised in a positive way!

Well, I hope so, before the new analytics came in I was at 4.9 and I think I got two 1 stars plus a 3 star which took me down to 4.7. Customer service removed the two one stars as they were given to me by the client because I didn’t cancel so the score went back up to 4.8 but just one or two negative reviews can bring me back down to 4.7

Archived