• Level 2 > Level 1 (Demoted)
    • Level 1 (No change)
    • Level 1 > New Seller (Demoted)
    • New Seller (No change)
    • Restricted

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your reply, I do know that i just want to know what is the criteria to be accepted? thanks!

I honestly don’t know for sure, I have been a seller here longer than I can remember, well before Top Rated sellers, forum or anything like that so I guess seller Seniority is one aspect as well as community participation. But you’re best off completing the form over there 🙂

I had the similar experience. Received a negative review due to the buyer not enclosing a project for me to work on. It was a misunderstanding from his side, however, the buyer was willing to change his review but he couldn’t do it on his own. Fiverr insisted that he contacts them. I asked him to send Fiverr support a msg and I received a warning from Fiverr instead. That is the last time I contacted Fiverr support since there is no point.

They are still evolving as a platform so it is better not to delve into conflict with them. Just be patient. They will sort it out all eventually.

The buyer doesn’t have to actually contact them directly if you ask him to message you stating he wants to have them change the review to something different (including text) they will do so. You would just need to provide the screenshot message exchange between you and the Buyer to CS and they’ll update for them.

The buyer doesn’t have to actually contact them directly if you ask him to message you stating he wants to have them change the review to something different (including text) they will do so. You would just need to provide the screenshot message exchange between you and the Buyer to CS and they’ll update for them.

I did that, but they insisted that he contacts them personally which he did and then I received a warning. To clarify, I got into a quarrel with CS for quoting their own TOS because their team member made a mistake dealing with my ticket which other member admitted that it was their fault. Afterwards they kept changing their members who would deal with me since I wouldn’t allow to close the ticket until it was resolved. Finally, they said that client needs to contact them which of course he did and I received a warning from CS. When I saw the warning I started laughing and told myself to leave it be as a reminder with whom I am dealing with. That was the last time I spoke with Fiverr support. I decided not to waste my time and energy anymore on dealing with CS since it is just a matter of time until Fiverr reaches the level of other freelance platforms in order to adhere to better conditions for buyers and sellers.

Hi, I have done everything perfect in order to move on to Level 2 and today I’m still in Level 1, I have written to customer care and the reply is that I have not been promoted to Level 2 because my response rate is not good, actually the response rate is my highest standard, so i don’t get it, I had everything to move on to next level and I do not know why I’m still in Level 1
What should I do??? I am really disappointed

screenshot response rate|690x388

screenshots.thumb.jpg.03bdb55a36a6a2ae004b319346d44fb6.jpg

Guest offlinehelpers

Hi, I have done everything perfect in order to move on to Level 2 and today I’m still in Level 1, I have written to customer care and the reply is that I have not been promoted to Level 2 because my response rate is not good, actually the response rate is my highest standard, so i don’t get it, I had everything to move on to next level and I do not know why I’m still in Level 1

What should I do??? I am really disappointed

screenshot response rate|690x388

I really would ask CS - that seems off! ☀️

Wow. So here’s the kind, thoughtful response I got to my support ticket I raised about being demoted to level 1 for ONE mutually cancelled order. The ticket was also marked as ‘closed’ after so it’s not like a prelude to an actual response or anything either.

“Based on your recent activity, your account no longer meets the requirements for Level 2 status. We have removed the Level 2 badge from your account, along with the benefits and features that came with that status. If you have more than [max amount of gigs of new level] Gigs, your most recent Gigs will be auto-paused within 48 hours, to meet the original account limitation of [max amount of gigs of new level] Gigs…”

Note how they couldn’t even bother to replace the placeholder text with the actual Level before hitting send on this awful copy and paste job.

Clearly Fiverr is run by robots and automated systems because that would give them even more money since they’re not spending it on wages for actual people. This is shocking. And it’s no surprise either that my order I delivered 3.5 days ago hasn’t automatically completed when it should have, even though that’s never happened to me before in my almost four years on this site.

They want mid-level sellers like me to leave? Okay, sure. But small business props up the economy, just remember that Fiverr!

Alright, so I contacted Customer Service about my level being demoted. I detailed out each of the cancelled orders and why they weren’t my fault, i.e. buyer ordered by mistake, ordered something I do not offer instead of messaging me like it states in my gig description, etc. Their response was infuriating to say the least.

With this response my ticket was closed as being resolved. They admit that it wasn’t my fault, but that those things still resulted in my level going from 2 to 1. They claim that I can still “turn things around”, but how can you turn something around that even they admit “cannot be avoided?” At this point even their Customer Service has resulted to copy and paste answers. They claim to support the freelancer and be there to help the seller, but they are just throwing us under the bus. They don’t care to admit something is wrong and have no interest in researching an answer. Here’s the exact text from their message:

"Thank you for contacting us and providing us all this detail and extend explanation about several issues you experience with order and users in our platform. I reviewed all the information you provided and I would like to note that sometimes cancellations cannot be avoided, like the orders you listed. Cancellations are part of the business and they are included in the statistic.

Based on your recent activity, your account no longer meets the requirements for Level 2 status. We have removed the Level 2 badge from your account, along with the benefits and features that came with that status. If you have more than 10 Gigs, your most recent Gigs will be auto-paused within 48 hours, to meet the original account limitation of 10 Gigs. We recommend that you choose which Gigs you would like to suspend before the system does it automatically for you.

Our levels are based on performance. Your account will be evaluated on the 15th of each month, so you can always turn things around and re-earn the badge and benefits."

Guest mctimon

Wow. So here’s the kind, thoughtful response I got to my support ticket I raised about being demoted to level 1 for ONE mutually cancelled order. The ticket was also marked as ‘closed’ after so it’s not like a prelude to an actual response or anything either.

“Based on your recent activity, your account no longer meets the requirements for Level 2 status. We have removed the Level 2 badge from your account, along with the benefits and features that came with that status. If you have more than [max amount of gigs of new level] Gigs, your most recent Gigs will be auto-paused within 48 hours, to meet the original account limitation of [max amount of gigs of new level] Gigs…”

Note how they couldn’t even bother to replace the placeholder text with the actual Level before hitting send on this awful copy and paste job.

Clearly Fiverr is run by robots and automated systems because that would give them even more money since they’re not spending it on wages for actual people. This is shocking. And it’s no surprise either that my order I delivered 3.5 days ago hasn’t automatically completed when it should have, even though that’s never happened to me before in my almost four years on this site.

They want mid-level sellers like me to leave? Okay, sure. But small business props up the economy, just remember that Fiverr!

And it’s no surprise either that my order I delivered 3.5 days ago hasn’t automatically completed when it should have,

Yeah I have experienced that too. So now I just wait for 4 days when there’s an unresponsive buyer

And it’s no surprise either that my order I delivered 3.5 days ago hasn’t automatically completed when it should have,

Yeah I have experienced that too. So now I just wait for 4 days when there’s an unresponsive buyer

Is four days something you experience all the time or just a blip every now and again? I have just put it down to updates to the system but I wouldn’t be surprised if somehow my demotion to level 1 has affected the order completing. Thanks for your input.

Alright, so I contacted Customer Service about my level being demoted. I detailed out each of the cancelled orders and why they weren’t my fault, i.e. buyer ordered by mistake, ordered something I do not offer instead of messaging me like it states in my gig description, etc. Their response was infuriating to say the least.

With this response my ticket was closed as being resolved. They admit that it wasn’t my fault, but that those things still resulted in my level going from 2 to 1. They claim that I can still “turn things around”, but how can you turn something around that even they admit “cannot be avoided?” At this point even their Customer Service has resulted to copy and paste answers. They claim to support the freelancer and be there to help the seller, but they are just throwing us under the bus. They don’t care to admit something is wrong and have no interest in researching an answer. Here’s the exact text from their message:

"Thank you for contacting us and providing us all this detail and extend explanation about several issues you experience with order and users in our platform. I reviewed all the information you provided and I would like to note that sometimes cancellations cannot be avoided, like the orders you listed. Cancellations are part of the business and they are included in the statistic.

Based on your recent activity, your account no longer meets the requirements for Level 2 status. We have removed the Level 2 badge from your account, along with the benefits and features that came with that status. If you have more than 10 Gigs, your most recent Gigs will be auto-paused within 48 hours, to meet the original account limitation of 10 Gigs. We recommend that you choose which Gigs you would like to suspend before the system does it automatically for you.

Our levels are based on performance. Your account will be evaluated on the 15th of each month, so you can always turn things around and re-earn the badge and benefits."

Exactly the response I got bar the first bit. I get they have a lot of requests right now but I’d rather wait and get an actual thoughtful response rather than this copy and paste rubbish!

I guess the demotion means we’re still at the top of our Level 1 though, right? We got to Level 2 for a reason, we’ve got this! Maybe some new system or feature will come about to ensure sellers have to accept an order first or something similar? I’m sure they could do without the thousands of support tickets, haha.

Guest mctimon

All the time.

Its more like an hour or two after 3.5 days. So if I deliver at 12 noon, it marks an hour or two after midnight, 3 days later. so its less than 4 days but much closer to 4 days than 3 days

Client still has 30 days after that to decide if you deserve 1* for closing behind his back though 😂

Thankfully no one has done that to me …yet

Guest mctimon

Is four days something you experience all the time or just a blip every now and again? I have just put it down to updates to the system but I wouldn’t be surprised if somehow my demotion to level 1 has affected the order completing. Thanks for your input.

in response to this btw

All the time.

Its more like an hour or two after 3.5 days. So if I deliver at 12 noon, it marks an hour or two after midnight, 3 days later. so its less than 4 days but much closer to 4 days than 3 days

Client still has 30 days after that to decide if you deserve 1* for closing behind his back though 😂

Thankfully no one has done that to me …yet

Oh okay, I guess I’m just watching it like a hawk right now because this should shunt my order completion back up to over 90%. I’ve never noticed the exact time when it autocompletes, I usually get a review from the buyer. Thanks!

This is why I’m never doing another wedding video, it was a headache to do, revisions…revisions…revisions…, FML

I was at 91% and then the order got marked as complete automatically, but was…apparently late, looks like I should’ve waited a day more before delivering…level

Same exact thing happened to me. Everything perfect except for on-time delivery.

This is extremely upsetting. This just seems like another way Fiverr isn’t listening to/understanding sellers. I’ve been on Fiverr for 2.5 years, with a 99% rating, and after 3 months of slow orders, with a new Level 1 rating, I’m bound to get even less.

I’m extremely close to deactivating.

Clearly Fiverr is run by robots and automated systems because that would give them even more money since they’re not spending it on wages for actual people.

Or, perhaps Fiverr is overrun by sellers, such as yourself, who are complaining about being demoted. Perhaps they have so many tickets about demotions that, in order to stay on top of the same exact “why was I demoted” messages from everyone, they just send this copy-paste message. After all, it DOES answer your questions. It’s just not the answer you wanted to hear.

Part 2 continuation of this overall discussion](Contd Discussions About Level Updates - St. Levels Day - Pt 2).

This thread has understandably been heated at times and the moderation team has tried to let people discuss, let off steam, etc. Very little has been moderated. Please do try to continue to follow the forum rules and take care not to resort to name-calling, personal attacks or that sort of thing. It is find to vent about the actions of Customer Support and Fiverr, but please do not post extreme bashing/attacks on CS representatives, other Fiverr staff members, moderators or other users. Thanks!

Archived