Level Systems Update: What Fiverr Sellers Need to Know

mjensen415

When people complain about giving 20% of their income to Fiverr, I don’t cease to wonder what they mean. Even in the real life, you pay for space and any other thing including adverts to make sales and profits. Fiverr is the fairest of all marketplace in the gig economy. They give everyone old and new a leveling playing ground irrespective of the country where you are operating from. Fiverr has had to cancel an order in favor of a buyer who was looking for a free work. I just saw it as them putting our customers first since I am part of the Fiverr team as a seller. I love Fiverr any day and I trust that the motive behind this upgrade will make the marketplace stronger. Yesterday I was frustrated that my delivery stat was at 30% but I had to encourage myself and put more efforts and now, it is at 40%. I am sure that before November ends with what I have started doing, I will sure get it back to 100%.

When people complain about giving 20% of their income to Fiverr, I don’t cease to wonder what they mean.

Its a small amount for some and a huge amount for others, all depends on what your getting in return, whats your profit after expenses etc.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey @mjensen415, I only have two questions:

1. seeing that every level requires 90% completion rate, if a TRS drops below that will they be demoted to no level at all?

2. why is the completion rate taking into account mistake orders, chargebacks, orders from troublesome buyers who demand more work or something entirely different that the seller can’t provide, and so on?

Surely it cannot be fair to be demoted because of all those situations where the seller has absolutely no control over 😕

I mean, it’s not like it’s the seller’s fault when a buyer makes a mistake order, or tries to get away with free work or more work than advertised for the same money… What if competitors buy “by mistake” other peoples’ gigs just to demote them? 😦

Oh, but people are so nice, they wouldn’t do that. 😑

(Note: the preceding comment was intended as sarcasm.)

A question regarding ‘Order Completion Rate’. I had to cancel an order because the buyer did not provide the required information (a correct username/password). They didn’t reply to requests for the info, and let the cancellation process proceed without ever responding. Why, then, am I penalized for not completing an order, when clearly this is a case where the buyer is at fault? I do not get many purchases in a 60-day period, so my percentage completion took a big hit (I am at 67%, and this is the only cancelled or not completed order I have). Is there any sort of process in place by Fiverr to dispute these numbers, or perhaps to dispute what the seller is faulted for?

A question regarding ‘Order Completion Rate’. I had to cancel an order because the buyer did not provide the required information (a correct username/password). They didn’t reply to requests for the info, and let the cancellation process proceed without ever responding. Why, then, am I penalized for not completing an order, when clearly this is a case where the buyer is at fault? I do not get many purchases in a 60-day period, so my percentage completion took a big hit (I am at 67%, and this is the only cancelled or not completed order I have). Is there any sort of process in place by Fiverr to dispute these numbers, or perhaps to dispute what the seller is faulted for?

had to cancel an order because the buyer did not provide the required information (a correct username/password).

How did the order start if they did not fill in the requirements?

had to cancel an order because the buyer did not provide the required information (a correct username/password).

How did the order start if they did not fill in the requirements?

Incomplete orders = “Active orders” - Incomplete meaning the buyer didn’t submit the requirements, needed to even start an order. To get rid of these orders, you need to ask the buyer to cancel, or ask CS.

I have 42 such orders …some dating back to 2012, that I have literally nudged and pestered the sellers to submit the requirements - at least 4 times each. Unfortunately, to no avail, in fact some of them haven’t even logged on since 2012. Subsequently, I will not be able to employ the “available now” feature because I was told that CS cancelling these orders – would affect my completion rate for 60 days. Now with these new requirements to maintain levels, or be denoted - I’m stuck with them.

1141870407_IncompleteActive.thumb.JPG.185cdfd4b4372175e07d1944e6d319e9.JPG

When people complain about giving 20% of their income to Fiverr, I don’t cease to wonder what they mean.

Its a small amount for some and a huge amount for others, all depends on what your getting in return, whats your profit after expenses etc.

Giving $1 out of $5 is not bad at all.

Incomplete orders = “Active orders” - Incomplete meaning the buyer didn’t submit the requirements, needed to even start an order. To get rid of these orders, you need to ask the buyer to cancel, or ask CS.

I have 42 such orders …some dating back to 2012, that I have literally nudged and pestered the sellers to submit the requirements - at least 4 times each. Unfortunately, to no avail, in fact some of them haven’t even logged on since 2012. Subsequently, I will not be able to employ the “available now” feature because I was told that CS cancelling these orders – would affect my completion rate for 60 days. Now with these new requirements to maintain levels, or be denoted - I’m stuck with them.

Does anyone know if these orders affect our current completion rate?

I am already a level two seller but my earning is not $2000.

Although I have very good reputation in other fields like order completion, respond rate

On-time Delivery & Rating. If I fail to earn $2000, before next evaluation, will it affect my Fiverr level status?

Although I have very good reputation in other fields like order completion, respond rate

On-time Delivery & Rating. If I fail to earn $2000, before next evaluation, will it affect my Fiverr level status?

Yes it will affect your seller level. If you do not have the amount of sales necessary to advance a level, then you will not advance to that level on the next evaluation. You will need to achieve ALL of the requirements in order to be promoted.

Yes it will affect your seller level. If you do not have the amount of sales necessary to advance a level, then you will not advance to that level on the next evaluation. You will need to achieve ALL of the requirements in order to be promoted.

I am already a level two seller. New level one seller need $2000 earning to reach level two seller. As there previous condition, I completed 50 order with five stars rating within 60 days and they promoted me to level two seller. Now how can they demote me to for this new rule?

Isn’t it contradicting their own rule?

My response rate drops when there is spam that I report. This one guy keeps spamming me, I reported it and TRIED to block him, but it didn’t block him.

Instead of blocking him he still send messages trying to get me to buy his gig and now

my response rate dropped. This is beyond maddening.

same to me, I reported some message likely spams or people who’s trying to get free work, then My response rate drops

My response rate drops when there is spam that I report. This one guy keeps spamming me, I reported it and TRIED to block him, but it didn’t block him.

Instead of blocking him he still send messages trying to get me to buy his gig and now

my response rate dropped. This is beyond maddening.

Welcome to club. I am facing similar situation with drop of 2%.

The cancellation rate requirement will hurt so many innocent sellers. A couple of days ago, I got hit with chargebacks, which meant I lose money and get hit with cancellation rate too. I got someone ordered by mistake, and this morning right after I went above and beyond for a 5$ order, the client insisted on cancellation without clear reason. I refuse, but he keeps opening dispute!

How is any of this my fault?

If a seller doesn’t leave feedback at all, is that going to affect the rating section? Because it shouldn’t… Something that’s out of our control shouldn’t impact us sellers. Which brings me onto the below.

I like the idea of pushing sellers to up their game, but feel like Fiverr’s completely missed an important factor… Human error. This would cover indecisive buyers cancelling orders, ordering twice by accident, or ordering the wrong gig completely. All of which will affect sellers chances of achieving the level they should be receiving. Technically it’s fair as this is rolled out across all sellers, but there should be another option in place for cancellations that doesn’t affect our delivery/cancellation ratio in which the Fiverr support team has to either manually approve or reject.

Will sellers lose their level two rank if they lack even in one field?

If a TRS loses their rank will they need to be hand-selected again or will the system automatically promote them?

Will a drop in rank only affect a sellers level or will it directly affect their Gig rankings?

Are accidental order cancellations or unreasonable order cancellation going to affect the metrics?

If yes, then how do we keep our metrics up? I’ve had 4 order cancellations in the past 40+ days and all of them were from buyers either “accidentally” purchasing gig or trying to get the premium package for the price of the basic.

Hoping for a response soon to my earlier questions.

Yes to all your questions.

It may take time to realize new policy implementation. People will prefer experienced people for the job, just like people prefer level 1 and level 2 sellers. So in light of current system one must have earned higher amount to retain its level. This clearly indicates that now seller have to raise their fee which means higher orders.

Apparently Fiverr wants Sellers to charge more for their services. But high-priced gigs may result in low patronage - particularly when certain Sellers would continually charge low prices (yes, proficient Sellers atimes do this) just to keep the volume of Buyers.

For those kind of low-pricing (proficient) Sellers, overall earnings may be low and they may loose levels but since they deliver nicely, their impressive ratings are there and that keeps Buyers returning. But lemme ask; Is it really the Level that ultimately attracts Buyers or the ratings of previous Buyers? If the Seller rating is impressive and Buyers keep coming would the Level issue matter? Did we (Sellers) come on this platform to ‘Level’ up and down? Did we not get here primarily to make money?

Archived