Level Systems Update: What Fiverr Sellers Need to Know

mjensen415

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New level standards show fiverr departure from its birth policy of $5 dollar to a strategic shift in pursuit of making it higher profit and competitive market place. New income bounds clearly suggests that its no more a $5 market place rather welcoming large revenue projects. This will quickly put low earning sellers out of lime light; serious business will go towards experienced and expensive sellers which would gradually flushed out new sellers. This policy is double edge knife. On one side it will provide skilled people a better chance to get paid and on other end it will blow away low earning skills and casual business gigs. Its evident that major improvements in project time limit, pricing and other areas will be seen to accommodate this strategic shift.

I think the NON-pro sellers may end up taking a lot of the pro sellers income, simply because they can do the gig for much less than the pro sellers set prices.

Have you seen some of the pricing points from the pro sellers ($1,000 - $10,000+)?

Some are way beyond Fiverr buyers comprehension. I’m not saying that all buyers aren’t interested in purchasing these Fiverr services, and I’m not saying that the sellers are not worth that much money, but my thinking is… why would a buyer even consider purchasing a pro-seller’s gig, on Fiverr, when they can go elsewhere on the internet and get a proven professional’s service if they are willing to pay those kinds of prices.

I’ve seen a lot of comments lately online saying how Fiverr is straying so far away from their original concept that they will no longer use the services here, which is a shame. Maybe Fiverr should consider building a new site for pro-sellers and stay closer to their original idea of offering services to people that need a little help to boost their business’s on Fiverr.

I’m done 🙂

Let me summarize the possible goals and impact of this policy.

Vision: Make fiverr high revenue market and claim its share in market dominant by upwork and freelancer

Strategic goals

1. Promote Fiverr Market favorable for high value business
  2. Attract big buyers like brands, business,ect by ensuring availability of particular skills and professional norms.

3)Attract sellers of that competence and promoting fiverr a potential higher revenue environment with serious buyers. (See insurance given to pro sellers).

Mentioned strategic goals are only full filled when buyers and sellers have that environment to operate. It needs much of the volume to be of higher value projects and serious sellers to complete large projects. So tha overall completion of the market displays it Higher earning place rather $5 market.

Impact:

Rating and all other KPI’s ensure buyers that they are acquiring right services. Your income suggests maturity level of your service and fiverr has exactly did that by associating income with level system. In this way $15 , $25 projects will eventually go down as buyers with high demand (Companies, brand, etc) will reach.

One critical factor of new income bound for level is to ensure the higher sellers that their niche will not be effected by low sellers. The point you raised. Let suppose that a person is selling a logo in $1000 and you provide same service in $300 it will quickly out balance market forcing others to either lower the value or leave. This is completely same when a businessmen invests in some sector gov ensures their profitability through price stability they oil prices are regulated.

By all means fiverr will marginalize low sellers to achieve its goals. Its like when water is stopped to the plant it dies apart from whatever it does to survive. Only option is to deepen your roots and stand in pro league.

I hope my detail answer helps you and other in deciding their future.

You’d vividly painted the picture of where Fiverr is headed. My reservations are in the methodologies it’s adopting. Best bet for Fiverr is to introduce ‘Contest gigs’ where Sellers are invited to compete for the big prize a Buyer puts up. And Buyer in turn would receive many submissions from great Sellers to choose from. That’s what big spenders prefer. That’s what works in counterpart marketplaces and it can run alongside the existing arrangement. When Fiverr chases away the low-price gigs, it would certainly lose a considerable chunk of patronage and may end up driving businesses to its competitors.

@misscrystal I have only one order cancelled of $10 while my all other order are usually above $200 but at now my order completion rate is 87% .

@waqas_riaz @misscrystal I have had problems for months with the response rates. No matter if I reply to the messages in my inbox or not, the curser does not move from 0. I have had 3 previous support tickets to Fiverr, of which they reset and refreshed my data. Now this is one of the criteria that will count against my level. I am not sure I am liking the change.

I think the NON-pro sellers may end up taking a lot of the pro sellers income, simply because they can do the gig for much less than the pro sellers set prices.

Have you seen some of the pricing points from the pro sellers ($1,000 - $10,000+)?

Some are way beyond Fiverr buyers comprehension. I’m not saying that all buyers aren’t interested in purchasing these Fiverr services, and I’m not saying that the sellers are not worth that much money, but my thinking is… why would a buyer even consider purchasing a pro-seller’s gig, on Fiverr, when they can go elsewhere on the internet and get a proven professional’s service if they are willing to pay those kinds of prices.

I’ve seen a lot of comments lately online saying how Fiverr is straying so far away from their original concept that they will no longer use the services here, which is a shame. Maybe Fiverr should consider building a new site for pro-sellers and stay closer to their original idea of offering services to people that need a little help to boost their business’s on Fiverr.

I’m done 🙂

They are making bank. I just noticed one PRO seller was level 1 and doing high dollar gigs. Good for them, quit their day job.

Ughhh… 🤐So… I had my first no win situation last night with a seller where I am affected (and basically screwed either way) based on this new level system criteria.
Buyer purchases a promo package from me, and it goes great. Lots of attention, and re-posts - even from producers etc (he’s in music) He ordered on Saturday - I instantly responded with “Thanks for the order, I’ll get to it as soon as I can… blah blah blah .” Sunday – 5 hours before it is due, I see he’s requesting a cancellation, because of “Absolutely NO results” - and claimed I was poor in communicating details around when his ad would be posted etc
I told him absolutely that was not, true and that I had communicated with him when he placed the order, and my next communication would be me contacting him when his ad was posted with all the details - and that when he ordered he agreed to the 24 hour window, and my orders are completed in the order they are received, unless a client orders expedited service. I denied the cancellation, and told him that of course he wouldn’t see any results prior to the ad being posted, but that now it was and it appeared to be doing well.
I handed it in, and he requested a cancellation again - saying he wasn’t happy with the result. I explained that he had the same or better results that other clients who are happy with my service, and I was not sure what he was expecting. Again I copied and pasted his clear results, and said as long as I did what I said, to the best of my ability – with blatant results – he’s not entitled to a refund.
He then sends another cancellation. In the meanwhile I see him interacting with people - engagement that was direct result of my work. I rejected the cancellation again, and let him know, I could see him engaging, and that he needed to not try and take advantage of sellers on here.
This foolishness went on a total of 5 times. His last request accompanied by a threat of a bad review all in caps ( so I gather he was yelling - lol). Finally I succumbed to his request. I weighed it out, and determined that either way I was SCREWED. BUT that a bad rating can affect a gig (temporarily) so that was the lesser of the two evils - completion rate and rating
Super annoying because I went out of my way to try and attract his niche by adding niche related tags. Had I NOT done that he would have likely got zero traction. I have 5000+ positive reviews, and it’s not because I do shoddy work.
Rant over… 😕

I wonder how many people will lose or gain levels in the next few months

We have done analysis on how many users will go up and down a level and these new “metrics” for levels reflect the best outcome. Yes, some users are going to go down a level. Some will go up.

Remember that these metrics are for the last 60 days. So since we’re not implementing the new level system in 60 days, all sellers have time to improve their stats.

It just doesn’t make sense if you take into account other factors. Sellers with a 100% rating can be demoted from Level 2 Seller to Level 1 and that’s OK? I’m just not getting this I guess.

Hey @mjensen415, I only have two questions:

1. seeing that every level requires 90% completion rate, if a TRS drops below that will they be demoted to no level at all?

2. why is the completion rate taking into account mistake orders, chargebacks, orders from troublesome buyers who demand more work or something entirely different that the seller can’t provide, and so on?

Surely it cannot be fair to be demoted because of all those situations where the seller has absolutely no control over 😕

I mean, it’s not like it’s the seller’s fault when a buyer makes a mistake order, or tries to get away with free work or more work than advertised for the same money… What if competitors buy “by mistake” other peoples’ gigs just to demote them? 😦

I’m not feeling too confident on this when I CS told me to “do the extra work” when I reported a buyer who was threatening to leave bad feedback if I didn’t do all the work he had requested. I wish they’d make changes to benefit sellers for a change.

I’m done 🙂

my thinking is… why would a buyer even consider purchasing a pro-seller’s gig, on Fiverr,

Don’t underestimate how much fiverr buyers are willing to pay. If they think it’s worth it they will pay.

I’m done 🙂

As i mentioned before that the new policy is to attract buyers with very serious needs. As being part of business community deliverance of service is key rather then price. In higher supply chain usually end product price compensate costs but unique deliverance, on time service, etc are essentials for competitive edge. By keeping all that in view trusted pro sellers with proved professional credentials are much more to be considered. Yes i have seen $1000 - $8000 gigs in graphics and animation category.

This is actually going to have a negative effect for me. I allow my sellers unlimited revisions and quite alot of the time I go over my time limit, but Customer satisfaction is my 100% goal, thats why even though my on time delivers are below 90% my overall rating is still 100%, so I have to ask all of my buyers who want changes to extend the time limit if this occurs, so what if I ask some one to extend it and they say they were busy or away and now there is tension because Im having to worry too much about my goal time.

I used to feel the same way. I believe the best practice now is to deliver your first draft, by “delivering now.” Then, if your client would like a revision, they would simply “request modification” to return the order to your queue. The benefit for you is twofold. First, your orders will never be late, because as someone else stated, it’s the first delivery that matters as far as “late” is concerned. That is important to understand. Second, it’s an efficient way tro manage the order queue. I hope this helps. Keep doing! James www.fiverr.com/jamescott

Just curious, does anyone here actually make $20,000 a year here?

Just curious, does anyone here actually make $20,000 a year here?

I doubt anyone would admit, as this is considered private account info that should not be shared on the forum or anywhere 🙂

Rest assured, there are plenty who earn that much and more, just by thinking of all those gigs I’ve seen with hundreds of orders in queue each and every day of the year 😉

FYI:

https://www.fiverr.com/news/charmaine-pennyhoarder

I love the new evaluation system but wished the $20k requirement for TR would be lowered - $10K or even 15K. It’s going to be a while for me. Will have to find ways to bump up my sales. GL to all!

You do know $ isn’t the only evaluation factor, right?

You could have sold $100,000 and still not make TRS, if you are not within certain expected criteria for a TRS.

Hello Sir I have a question. My Delivered on Time is 78% and rest of the rating is up to the mark. If in any case i can’t able to maintain it until January 15th so can it will effect on my level 2 badge? Thank you so much for your reading.

Yes, you will be downgraded.

It is for me at this time. 😕

It’s fantastic that you, Angelia Jolie, have taken it upon yourself to contribute to this thread. All we need now (as I’m sure you will agree) is to put a stop to other people using celebrity profile pictures like yours. 🙂

It’s fantastic that you, Angelia Jolie, have taken it upon yourself to contribute to this thread. All we need now (as I’m sure you will agree) is to put a stop to other people using celebrity profile pictures like yours. 🙂

Mast be really bad. Hasn’t she had some money from movies or from Brad? If you see a celebrity that high rank on Fiverr, that must be really really bad 😦

Archived