Level Systems Update: What Fiverr Sellers Need to Know

mjensen415

She did, she was TRS and is now Level 2.

There were many high profile demotions, even ambassadors and super sellers

That’s it. That you were not “touched” this month does not make you any less vulnerable. That you worked so hard to please every Buyer does not provide any safeguard. Truth is, try as hard, you cannot really please everybody. Pray you don’t have that “kind” of Buyer who comes just to ruin your stats. Between now and another 29 days, prepare ye everyone. Another wave of more demotions haunts.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to confirm something about “on time delivery”. If you delivered on time but buyer request revisions which set the timer running again, does it count into your stat if the order becomes “late”?

Nope. It does not. You just need to deliver on time the first time around.

Just want to confirm something about “on time delivery”. If you delivered on time but buyer request revisions which set the timer running again, does it count into your stat if the order becomes “late”?

I got demoted from TRS because of this. Been on fiverr for 5 years. Sometimes i wish Fiverr can give some leeway to loyal sellers here who contributed to the success right from the start

hope so. That timer still ticking down after revision request makes me wonder

Hope has nothing to do with it.

It doesn’t count.

Little bit of trivia:

If you deliver your order on time and then after a couple of days your buyer asks to by a gig extra, ALWAYS add the number of days that passed after the deadline otherwise your order WILL be marked as late.

demoted because nobody buys my service anymore and because Fiverr decided to change the rules again.

I hope you really understand that Fiverr not only design for you! The new system is amazing as it will make sure the quality seller. It does not mean I am saying you are not. Everything should have a standard and finally, they introduced it. Fiverr did not screw you, few customer did. You got to level up in the past because you worked for it and fulfilled Fiverr requirements. Now, you got demoted because you did not fulfill Fiverr requirements, (don’t want to mention it that you did not work for it). So, accept it and move on. You are not alone, thousand is there who experiencing the similar situation. My self as a buyer and seller I think it is a great change for both buyer and seller. Buyer can get now more quality service and seller can have standout opportunity regarding level. Nothing is grated forever.

So, basically, as far as you are concerned, because one customer got pissed that I enforced my gig rules and left me a nasty review out of spite, then I didn’t work hard to keep my ranking. Are you implying that I should just go out of my way to please everyone, have no standard, and not care if I am up until 3am trying to make a customer happy just so I can make Fiverr’s new BS system happy? I’m not doing that. I have always provided quality and for people like you to imply that i haven’t because 1 customer got me demoted is insulting. Enjoy the new system. I’m sure you’ll love it until you are suddenly on the receiving it of its stupidity. @grydlynnes is correct. There will be a bunch of hard working sellers demoted next month.

Yes, it will count into your stats. I get a lot of buyers who always click the request modification button. If I deliver an order with 2 hours to go until it is considered late and a buyer hit the request modification button, I have 2 hours to complete the modification or I’m marked as delivering late. This has always been the case. And the problem is, Fiverr has me labeled as someone who delivers late, yet it’s because i have buyers who routinely hit the request modification button to talk to me instead of just sending me a message, even though I ask them not to.

This new system is not good. I’ve been with Fiverr since the beginning and this new system of accountability, as they and everyone who falls for it calls it, has just stripped away everything I worked hard to achieve. I’m considering leaving. It’s not worth the headache anymore.

The only people happy about this new system are the ones who haven’t been demoted and will see their business boom because people within their category have been demoted and will lose customers.

Guest didaralam274

So, basically, as far as you are concerned, because one customer got pissed that I enforced my gig rules and left me a nasty review out of spite, then I didn’t work hard to keep my ranking. Are you implying that I should just go out of my way to please everyone, have no standard, and not care if I am up until 3am trying to make a customer happy just so I can make Fiverr’s new BS system happy? I’m not doing that. I have always provided quality and for people like you to imply that i haven’t because 1 customer got me demoted is insulting. Enjoy the new system. I’m sure you’ll love it until you are suddenly on the receiving it of its stupidity. @grydlynnes is correct. There will be a bunch of hard working sellers demoted next month.

Are you implying that I should just go out of my way to please everyone, have no standard, and not care if I am up until 3am trying to make a customer happy just so I can make Fiverr’s new BS system happy?

Here you go! You got your answer! Fiverr should have their own stander to ensure their platform quality and reputation. For once, I did not doubt that you did not work hard! You got promoted base on your account performance and you got demoted base on your account performance. This is the part of the business, you have a good day and bad day.

Don’t think that I don’t get the unreasonable buyer? Yes, I do too. However, I prepared my self for it as Fiverr gave me almost two-month notice about this evaluation. I have modified my gig title, description and FAQ to avoid misunderstanding. Also, increased the price so I can work with the reasonable buyer. From my experience, the buyer who spends more is a reasonable and careful buyer then who spend less.

I know, one day I might meet an unreasonable buyer and will get a bad review which might cause losing my level. But I accepted it, this is the part of the business and I need to accept it. Anyway, I understand your feeling and frustration but I can ensure you will not blame a platform for losing my level down because of some unreasonable buyer.

Yes, it will count into your stats. I get a lot of buyers who always click the request modification button. If I deliver an order with 2 hours to go until it is considered late and a buyer hit the request modification button, I have 2 hours to complete the modification or I’m marked as delivering late. This has always been the case. And the problem is, Fiverr has me labeled as someone who delivers late, yet it’s because i have buyers who routinely hit the request modification button to talk to me instead of just sending me a message, even though I ask them not to.

This new system is not good. I’ve been with Fiverr since the beginning and this new system of accountability, as they and everyone who falls for it calls it, has just stripped away everything I worked hard to achieve. I’m considering leaving. It’s not worth the headache anymore.

The only people happy about this new system are the ones who haven’t been demoted and will see their business boom because people within their category have been demoted and will lose customers.

Exactly! One of the guys arguing with you, is a level 2 with only 35 reviews on his most popular gig. 5.0 rating. So what does he care? For him Fiverr is a hobby.

For those of us who make a living with Fiverr, we certainly care about being demoted.

Last year I made $18,000 selling on Fiverr. How can I repeat that when my gigs are no longer in the TRS section? In fact, some of the things we sell no longer have Top Rated Sellers doing them.

The Level Systems Update is a disaster. It encourages all kinds of trickery. Now I have to worry about every buyer giving me 5 star or refunding them the minute they’re unhappy with my work. I also have to worry about my order completion rate.

Ordered by mistake? It’s the seller’s fault! Don’t know what you want? Seller’s fault!

We sellers have accepted so much from Fiverr. We accept 20% commission, we accept PayPal chargeback, we accept that previously legal gigs became illegal.

Yet instead of being happy, Fiverr demands more without delivering anything in return.

Besides, I challenge anyone to prove that the level systems update is going to bring more traffic.

I embrace change when it makes thing better, not when it destroys people’s livelihoods.

Exactly! One of the guys arguing with you, is a level 2 with only 35 reviews on his most popular gig. 5.0 rating. So what does he care? For him Fiverr is a hobby.

For those of us who make a living with Fiverr, we certainly care about being demoted.

Last year I made $18,000 selling on Fiverr. How can I repeat that when my gigs are no longer in the TRS section? In fact, some of the things we sell no longer have Top Rated Sellers doing them.

The Level Systems Update is a disaster. It encourages all kinds of trickery. Now I have to worry about every buyer giving me 5 star or refunding them the minute they’re unhappy with my work. I also have to worry about my order completion rate.

Ordered by mistake? It’s the seller’s fault! Don’t know what you want? Seller’s fault!

We sellers have accepted so much from Fiverr. We accept 20% commission, we accept PayPal chargeback, we accept that previously legal gigs became illegal.

Yet instead of being happy, Fiverr demands more without delivering anything in return.

Besides, I challenge anyone to prove that the level systems update is going to bring more traffic.

I embrace change when it makes thing better, not when it destroys people’s livelihoods.

I have never been a TRS and my Fiverr earnings are more than that. The level does not dictate how much you can earn.

I challenge anyone to prove that the level systems update is going to bring more traffic.

I believe that overall the reduction in the number of TRS and Leveled sellers will eventually be good for Fiverr. In addition to the good sellers who have been negatively affected, there are likely to be 10s of 1000s of rubbish sellers who just happened to manage to get some reviews for mediocre services. This will up the standard of Fiverr sellers and that can only be good. I saw a marked difference in the quality requirements of buyers when Pro came about and now, it the whole platform can be seen to be of a better standard the better buyers will become even more common.

Of course I can’t prove this as I don’t have access to Fiverr’s future stats but I am sure that those who have access to past stats have done the proper analysis - after all, they could not have spent all the $50 million funding they received on coffee and biscuits.

And also, maybe others who got demoted will get a gig boost like this one (click through to see the image):

favicon.icoFiverr Forum

ffdd2244c791f333ca940b8a8884ca7956961314_1_690x168.png

Do you feel you were unfairly demoted?

I was rather confident that getting demoted won’t affect me that much because most of my clients don’t even know what levels mean, but I didn’t expect to see these stats ? I was demoted from L2 to L1 and within the last 2 days I had several people...

I have never been a TRS and my Fiverr earnings are more than that. The level does not dictate how much you can earn.

I challenge anyone to prove that the level systems update is going to bring more traffic.

I believe that overall the reduction in the number of TRS and Leveled sellers will eventually be good for Fiverr. In addition to the good sellers who have been negatively affected, there are likely to be 10s of 1000s of rubbish sellers who just happened to manage to get some reviews for mediocre services. This will up the standard of Fiverr sellers and that can only be good. I saw a marked difference in the quality requirements of buyers when Pro came about and now, it the whole platform can be seen to be of a better standard the better buyers will become even more common.

Of course I can’t prove this as I don’t have access to Fiverr’s future stats but I am sure that those who have access to past stats have done the proper analysis - after all, they could not have spent all the $50 million funding they received on coffee and biscuits.

And also, maybe others who got demoted will get a gig boost like this one (click through to see the image):

favicon.icoFiverr Forum

ffdd2244c791f333ca940b8a8884ca7956961314_1_690x168.png

Do you feel you were unfairly demoted?

I was rather confident that getting demoted won’t affect me that much because most of my clients don’t even know what levels mean, but I didn’t expect to see these stats ? I was demoted from L2 to L1 and within the last 2 days I had several people...

The level provides huge advantages. Getting paid in 7 days means money arrives faster, it also means having your own section in the search results, which means less competitors, sometimes no competitors. I was the only TRS seller doing brand names, now that section sits empty.

1000s of rubbish sellers who just happened to manage to get some reviews for mediocre services.

A seller with thousands of positive reviews is a talented and proven individual who deserves RESPECT, not demotion. It is the marketplace that decides what is brilliant and what is mediocre. It is elitist for Fiverr to ignore the marketplace and choose the winners and losers based on irrelevant factors.

That depends on how many late deliveries you’ve got and how many orders you get. In theory, you could get over 90% quickly, since the stats update, well, not always in real time, but fast. My stats updated as soon as I delivered a new order and the buyer reviewed it.

After the 10th of January, the stats kept updating every day on midnight in my time zone. But that might be just with me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @mjensen415, I only have two questions:

1. seeing that every level requires 90% completion rate, if a TRS drops below that will they be demoted to no level at all?

2. why is the completion rate taking into account mistake orders, chargebacks, orders from troublesome buyers who demand more work or something entirely different that the seller can’t provide, and so on?

Surely it cannot be fair to be demoted because of all those situations where the seller has absolutely no control over 😕

I mean, it’s not like it’s the seller’s fault when a buyer makes a mistake order, or tries to get away with free work or more work than advertised for the same money… What if competitors buy “by mistake” other peoples’ gigs just to demote them? 😦

I am in total agrement, why do I still have outstanding orders from 4 years ago that the buyer has never filled out requirements but it is held against me?! SO confused and upset by this update.

I am in total agrement, why do I still have outstanding orders from 4 years ago that the buyer has never filled out requirements but it is held against me?! SO confused and upset by this update.

I have been with you guys for so may years, I have a small Gig but a good gig. I have never done anything wrong, I have 100% rating. I have made you guys a lot of money for doing nothing but hosting a site. Granted my small income to you means nothing in the big picture but this update pretty much writes me out of the picture. I am a stay at home mom now and could use the extra money I made more then ever. I think buy you doing this you have written out the small guys like all the big guys do, and you are out looking for bigger fish. The thing is you forget all the big fish need the smaller fish to survive. Don’t get rid of you small fish. However I am not 100% sure because I didn’t receive any e-mail telling me about this.

why do I still have outstanding orders from 4 years ago that the buyer has never filled out requirements but it is held against me?!

Those outstanding orders, which most of us have, don’t have anything to do with the new requirements for levels. They do prevent us from being able to show when we are online however so for that reason they are unfair, but they don’t count against you.

What if I am at the beginner level and am not able to meet up with the Fiverr standards, will my account be closed?

What if I am at the beginner level and am not able to meet up with the Fiverr standards, will my account be closed?

No, you will just remain a “new seller” without any level, that’s all - Fiverr doesn’t close accounts for that, you just won’t be upgraded to the next level ☀️

No, you will just remain a “new seller” without any level, that’s all - Fiverr doesn’t close accounts for that, you just won’t be upgraded to the next level ☀️

Thanks Woofy31 I really appreciate!!!

Just had a ugly experience. A buyer placed an order 4 months ago, but never completed the requirements, even after I sent multiple reminders. Today the buyer cancels the incomplete order with that status “I ordered by mistake”. Now my completed orders takes a hit and goes down. Of course this shouldn’t count against me, but it did. It took me down 2%. I completed 4 more orders, but it still sits down at 98. That is the only cancellation in over 90 days.

So two problems, one it should have never counted against me. And two, it shows their math is messed up.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a ugly experience. A buyer placed an order 4 months ago, but never completed the requirements, even after I sent multiple reminders. Today the buyer cancels the incomplete order with that status “I ordered by mistake”. Now my completed orders takes a hit and goes down. Of course this shouldn’t count against me, but it did. It took me down 2%. I completed 4 more orders, but it still sits down at 98. That is the only cancellation in over 90 days.

So two problems, one it should have never counted against me. And two, it shows their math is messed up.

I would have refunded that order. If you place an order and fail to give instructions in 24 hours, I’m clicking resolution center and taking action.

How can someone have time to place an order but not to give instructions? That makes no sense to me. When I order, I give instructions immediately.

Archived