Level Systems Update: What Fiverr Sellers Need to Know

mjensen415

If Fiverr is against $5 sales, they could make the minimum price $10, $20, $50, etc.

At no time did I say that Fiverr is “against $5 sales”. I merely said that Fiverr is encouraging sellers to choose higher prices. Please do not twist my comments to fit your narrative.

I don’t believe Fiverr is improving. I’m making less money, I have no incentive to pursue orders because I don’t want to lower my order completion rate or get a bad review, it’s a different Fiverr.

Fiverr is improving. You just need to be willing to step back from the emotion of the changes – as you see them – and find ways to change right along with them. Fiverr IS changing for the better, whether you like it or not.

Don’t you get it? You have to be UNIQUE to attract clients.

I DO get it. Perhaps that is why I continue to gain new clients, and I fail to see the same doom and gloom that you appear to be focusing on. I am unique in my sales. That’s why I’m still earning them.

Fiverr didn’t get a lot of great press by becoming professional, corporate, and boring, they did it doing the opposite. They did it by being Virgin Airlines instead of American Airlines, by being a cool startup instead of boring Microsoft or IBM. Now it seems Fiverr wants to become something else.

Yes, Fiverr was once a start-up. Now they no longer are. Why? Because Fiverr is growing up. Businesses cannot remain the “cool startups” that they once were forever. There comes a point when the newness is gone, and they need to play in the big leagues. Fiverr is a big league company now. And you are going to have to get used to that fact.

The “old days” are gone, and rightly so. Fiverr is a young man now, and you’re the aging mom lamenting the loss of her cute little baby boy.

Life – business – moves on. Learn to move with it.

Fiverr is improving.

For whom? Are you making more money? An improvement has to be measured objectively, with surveys, evidence, actual proof.

My projected income for this month is $144. That is truly pathetic. I used to make $1,500 to $2,000 a month. So no, Fiverr isn’t improving, not for me.

Fiverr will be improving when the following happens.

1. No more 100% refunds
  2. Every demotion can be appealed to an actual human being, not AI.
  3. Money clears in 7 days instead of 14 days
  4. Fiverr becomes a place that’s friendly to both the weird and corporate instead of becoming a boring, cubicle farm.

Any of that would be an improvement! Me making less money as Fiverr changes isn’t an improvement.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fiverr is improving.

For whom? Are you making more money? An improvement has to be measured objectively, with surveys, evidence, actual proof.

My projected income for this month is $144. That is truly pathetic. I used to make $1,500 to $2,000 a month. So no, Fiverr isn’t improving, not for me.

1. No more 100% refunds
  4. Fiverr becomes a place that’s friendly to both the weird and corporate instead of becoming a boring, cubicle farm.

Any of that would be an improvement! Me making less money as Fiverr changes isn’t an improvement.

Your graphics look better, all except the one for the shirts.

Someone said you can get your video to show the thumbnail you want it to by pausing it on the frame you want for your thumbnail and then uploading it, if that makes sense. There is a way to do it.

Fiverr is improving.

1. No more 100% refunds

For whom? Are you making more money?

Yes.

Me making less money as Fiverr changes isn’t an improvement.

Your experience is not indicative of Fiverr’s overall improvement. The fact that you aren’t making as much income as you would like is not Fiverr’s fault. You have the power to market and promote your gigs – yet, you have stated a disinterest in doing what is necessary. That choice is reflective of YOU not being willing to take the necessary steps to improve, not anything related to Fiverr and their choice of actions.

Fiverr does not owe you anything – other than the space you have to host your gigs.

You have the power to succeed, which is, in all truth, equal to the effort and motivation you choose to put into that task. Everyone has the power to succeed. It’s just a matter of how much they want that success.

Someone said you can get your video to show the thumbnail you want it to by pausing it on the frame you want for your thumbnail and then uploading it, if that makes sense. There is a way to do it.

Thank you, I found a gig image maker who does it for $5. Whenever I like her job, I give her a $5 tip. Of course, according to some people, she should be charging $50 because it isn’t “professional” to charge $5. Never mind that she has a queue of 7 while other “professionals” get no sales.

Yes, there’s a way to do it.

1. You upload the video and wait for Fiverr to approve it.

2. Fiverr approves it, you go to the gig gallery, hover with your mouse over the video, and click on the icon for editing.

3. Play the video, and pause it on the frame you want for your thumbnail. Save.

That’s it. You might need to wait a couple of days until it actually becomes the new thumbnail.

Fully agree

I found a gig image maker who does it for $5.

Amazing the difference a small investment can make to a profile - completely lifts your profile as a whole and makes each gig more clickable.

Fully agree

I found a gig image maker who does it for $5.

Amazing the difference a small investment can make to a profile - completely lifts your profile as a whole and makes each gig more clickable.

Yes! And that’s why I get angry when people dismiss the $5 gigs as unprofessional. There are plenty of sellers doing quality work for $5. Just because some people need 5-hours to do a job, doesn’t mean everyone else works that slow. Some people second guess themselves a lot, make 10 to 20 versions before finding something they like. When I went to Miami Ad School, the art directors used to hog the printers, they would print the same thing 10 times to check on the colors. Eventually, the school got rid of printers, nowadays, everything is presented electronically.

Back to the video: “HEADLINES FOR TEESPRING T-SHIRTS” would be a good frame for the thumbnail.

I made the change you suggested, but not the way you suggested. I tried pausing the video but it didn’t work. So I did a screengrab. You’re right, I think it looks better.

Yes! And that’s why I get angry when people dismiss the $5 gigs as unprofessional. There are plenty of sellers doing quality work for $5. Just because some people need 5-hours to do a job, doesn’t mean everyone else works that slow. Some people second guess themselves a lot, make 10 to 20 versions before finding something they like. When I went to Miami Ad School, the art directors used to hog the printers, they would print the same thing 10 times to check on the colors. Eventually, the school got rid of printers, nowadays, everything is presented electronically.

Back to the video: “HEADLINES FOR TEESPRING T-SHIRTS” would be a good frame for the thumbnail.

I made the change you suggested, but not the way you suggested. I tried pausing the video but it didn’t work. So I did a screengrab. You’re right, I think it looks better.

And that’s why I get angry when people dismiss the $5 gigs as unprofessional. There are plenty of sellers doing quality work for $5

I would not think that people dismiss all $5 gigs as unprofessional - just the unprofessional ones 🙂

Mine cost around the same as yours although they were discounted by a friend.

I tend to pay a premium to people I can order from and “just let them do the job”.

Those who need lots of over and back, overly detailed instructions and don’t use their own initiative, I am only prepared to pay a small amount to.

I value my own time quite highly so anyone who saves me time is worth paying more to.

Archived