Level Systems Update: What Fiverr Sellers Need to Know

mjensen415

I can get behind the cancellation rate.

Because that one is outside of our control. If we had the option to approve or deny an order, then yes, the cancellation rate would be on us. But when buyers can just order what they want and try to get more than they ordered, sellers can’t help but cancel. (or work a ton extra for $5…)

Sir there is catch also. You need to comply with new policy to get promoted so that means earning figure does matter. Secondly i am still understanding how it will equally be applied to different niches. For example people doing design work mostly offer $5 to $25 work. Now for a single person attaining $400 seems bit unrealistic taking majority under consideration. On the other hand big projects, niche i work, requires at least 20 - 30 days to complete an order. So policy and structure of current flows are contradictory. It looks like that there are

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that’s practical. Since every seller currently on Fiverr has the exact same review date, I’ll assume a week before my review is due that Fiverr will give the robot which says there is nothing they can do when I report something the day off. This and hire a few hundred new CS temps who will answer personally and in context to every message CS starts getting from sellers panicking about the fact that they are about to lose their seller level.

Also @abauer5188, going from level 2 to level 1 means fewer gigs and no packages on gigs. This means fewer orders and orders which do suddenly start coming in, all being from buyers who assume that you are having some kind of wacky sale. I have already experienced this and within hours had people paying $5 for custom explainer videos because there was no option to pay more.

I’m not willing to go through that for the sake of mutual cancelations I’m forced into by people with fruit pastels for brains and a 3 year old computer glitch. It’s about a little thing called dignity.

Would you work somewhere where the place you clock in at occasionally registered you as late because of a mechanical fault and be fine with taking a 60-day pay cut for YOUR poor performance? No. You’d say, 'God, this is just more than a little bit screwy, who the hell runs his place?"

fewer gigs and no packages on gigs.

I see the fewer gigs, but I don’t understand the “no packages on gigs”. I’m a new seller and I have packages for all of my gigs. Plus 2 gig extras per gig.

Benefits of level 2 (from the website):

Benefits

20 Active Gigs

5 Gig Extras ($5, $10, $20, $40, $50)

15 Gig Multiples

Send Custom Offers, up to $10,000

Benefits of level 1 (from the website):

Benefits

10 Active Gigs

4 Gig Extras ($5, $10, $20, $40)

10 Gig Multiples

Send Custom Offers, up to $5,000

So you get 10 less active gigs for potentially at least 30 days. You get 1 less gig extra ($50). You get 5 less gig multiples (maybe this is packages, but I assume this is people ordering multiple of the same gig). And you can send less in a custom offer.

Please read the updated levels published on the website before claiming things will go missing.

Since every seller currently on Fiverr has the exact same review date, I’ll assume a week before my review is due that Fiverr will give the robot which says there is nothing they can do when I report something the day off. This and hire a few hundred new CS temps who will answer personally and in context to every message CS starts getting from sellers panicking about the fact that they are about to lose their seller level.

Seeing as we are assuming, let’s also assume that only the 0.000001% who are usually proactive in dealing with issues will actually be proactive in this too in which case 3 CS people can handle it all within 5 minutes. I suspect the forum mods will have a lot more posts to deal with AFTER people have been demoted than CS will have to deal with beforehand.

I wish there was a love option… great stuff!

Sir there is catch also. You need to comply with new policy to get promoted so that means earning figure does matter. Secondly i am still understanding how it will equally be applied to different niches. For example people doing design work mostly offer $5 to $25 work. Now for a single person attaining $400 seems bit unrealistic taking majority under consideration. On the other hand big projects, niche i work, requires at least 20 - 30 days to complete an order. So policy and structure of current flows are contradictory. It looks like that there are

Fiverr is just further defining their market niche as a business.

I was responding to people who were afraid of getting demoted because they didn’t earn the money needed to maintain their level. Which is not the case at all.

One more issue. Not sure if someone mention it or not. How to deal with ratings when buyer rates you 3 or 4 stars for communication with seller? Even other 2 ratings are 5 stars

I mean some buyers expect that we answer them right away. For example, many times buyer order when I am in bed, and when I wake up in the morning, see their orders, I made them right away as they are pretty straight forward. Then deliver it, buyer says it is awesome and rates 3 or 4 stars for communication with seller. Even they get perfect order at way before deadline, it isn’t enough

My response rate dropped to 99% for no reason this morning also. Since we get penalized if it goes too low they need to fix this bug.

Just get rid of the response rate by hiding it behind a sticker on your screen. When i work on fiverr i just use a browser css addon to hide everything that’s useless or a distraction to me.

And another thing guys, never offer your services at low prices, do samples for free, or give your contacts out of Fivver. It’s time to grow in Fivver.

Oh, see, I don’t agree with this. NEVER work for free here on Fiverr. Why would you? Time and resources cost money. Free samples have no profit associated with them – and you’re actually WASTING time and resources by giving things away for free. Are you a seller on Fiverr because you feel like running a charity for people that want free stuff? Or are you a seller on Fiverr because you want to share your talents with the world… and get paid for what you do?

As for your “give your contracts outside of Fiverr”, no, no, no, and no. I sincerely hope you’re not being serious with that statement. It is against the rules of Fiverr to communicate about your orders outside the Fiverr platform. Breaking this rule can easily result in unpleasant consequences.

Hello, @jonbaas …Sir as you mention that we should not share contacts details and don’t contact outside Fiverr then how to tackle the situation …when our customers give their numbers and email and say please contact me and then i will provide you further info. even we say that this is against Fiverr rules…

Some of clients say that i am already contacting other sellers through phones … So, why you don’t ?

Then what would i say …?

Hello, @jonbaas …Sir as you mention that we should not share contacts details and don’t contact outside Fiverr then how to tackle the situation …when our customers give their numbers and email and say please contact me and then i will provide you further info. even we say that this is against Fiverr rules…

Some of clients say that i am already contacting other sellers through phones … So, why you don’t ?

Then what would i say …?

Then what would i say …?

When people provide this kind of information, and ask me to contact them outside of Fiverr, I say, “no thank you”. And then I explain the rules to them. If they want to do business with me, they will abide by the rules – just as I am required to do.

Can someone clarify this for me? Do you need to earn at least $2,000 in the last 120-Days once or every other 120-Days?

Can someone clarify this for me? Do you need to earn at least $2,000 in the last 120-Days once or every other 120-Days?

You need to reach $2,000 as a one-time milestone.

Then what would i say …?

When people provide this kind of information, and ask me to contact them outside of Fiverr, I say, “no thank you”. And then I explain the rules to them. If they want to do business with me, they will abide by the rules – just as I am required to do.

Thanks a lot Sir !! 🙂

You need to reach $2,000 as a one-time milestone.

Ok, with that I should be safe for staying level 2 by January. The only things that concerning me is the cancellation issues everyone on this thread keeps talking about. Hopefully, @mjensen415 will respond and put our worrying minds to ease.

New level standards show fiverr departure from its birth policy of $5 dollar to a strategic shift in pursuit of making it higher profit and competitive market place. New income bounds clearly suggests that its no more a $5 market place rather welcoming large revenue projects. This will quickly put low earning sellers out of lime light; serious business will go towards experienced and expensive sellers which would gradually flushed out new sellers. This policy is double edge knife. On one side it will provide skilled people a better chance to get paid and on other end it will blow away low earning skills and casual business gigs. Its evident that major improvements in project time limit, pricing and other areas will be seen to accommodate this strategic shift.

brilliantly explained

thanks a lot. i will try my best to earn 2K. and last question if i complete 2k after jan14 will i get level2 again?

If you complete $2k and maintain all of the other metrics, even after Jan 14, you will get level 2.

Not sure if it’s instant in the new system or only evaluated every 30 days.

Fiverr’s CS has been very helpful for me. If my RR was down to 98% and I have replied to everything, I would reach out to them and get it fixed.

I may be a little naive here being a new seller, but what is 24 hours at a lower level going to hurt your sales? I’m sure that if you can prove that you’ve responded to every message within 24 hours, they will fix your rate and your level.

At a lower level you can have fewer active gigs, which can affect sales (and fixing/increasing the level can mean it takes time for the gigs that were disabled to re-appear in the search index). At lower level you can also get fewer sales because some percentage of buyers may only want to buy from or would prefer to buy from sellers with the higher levels.

If you do not earn $2k by Jan 14, you will be demoted to Level 1.

If you do not earn $2k by Jan 14, you will be demoted to Level 1

The blog about the levels (already posted in this topic) seems to say differently:

I’ve already achieved a top level, but I didn’t earn the new amount required for my level. Will I be demoted?

Don’t worry, doers—in the updated system, an existing seller cannot be demoted just because the earning isn’t as required in the updated terms. As long as you maintain your response rate…

The blog about the levels (already posted in this topic) seems to say differently:

I’ve already achieved a top level, but I didn’t earn the new amount required for my level. Will I be demoted?

Don’t worry, doers—in the updated system, an existing seller cannot be demoted just because the earning isn’t as required in the updated terms. As long as you maintain your response rate…

He is asking for the initial evaluation.

The initial eval on Jan 14 takes into account the new baseline for the levels.

The current baseline for level 2 revenue isn’t $2k, so he will be slotted into the level he fits into the new level system. Once he achieves level 2 in the new level system, he will not get demoted for missing the revenue mark alone.

yes i have read that. from there i know that point. thanks man

See it this way: If a seller does the job and the marketing and the customer service, what does he need Fiverr for?

Hosting space, and the ease of not having to set up and maintain their own website, obviously.

Do you know how much work it is to build and maintain your own website. I do. Fiverr is a convenience in that regard. They let me have space on their website, in exchange for 20% of my profits. That’s a pretty sweet deal!

And, on the topic of sales, if it was, as you claim, Fiverr’s responsibility to bring sales, then why do they specifically indicate that they do not guarantee sales, just because a seller has a gig on Fiverr? The fact that they have said that sales are not their responsibility would seem to contradict your entire argument.

When people complain about giving 20% of their income to Fiverr, I don’t cease to wonder what they mean. Even in the real life, you pay for space and any other thing including adverts to make sales and profits. Fiverr is the fairest of all marketplace in the gig economy. They give everyone old and new a leveling playing ground irrespective of the country where you are operating from. Fiverr has had to cancel an order in favor of a buyer who was looking for a free work. I just saw it as them putting our customers first since I am part of the Fiverr team as a seller. I love Fiverr any day and I trust that the motive behind this upgrade will make the marketplace stronger. Yesterday I was frustrated that my delivery stat was at 30% but I had to encourage myself and put more efforts and now, it is at 40%. I am sure that before November ends with what I have started doing, I will sure get it back to 100%.

Hey @mjensen415, I only have two questions:

1. seeing that every level requires 90% completion rate, if a TRS drops below that will they be demoted to no level at all?

2. why is the completion rate taking into account mistake orders, chargebacks, orders from troublesome buyers who demand more work or something entirely different that the seller can’t provide, and so on?

Surely it cannot be fair to be demoted because of all those situations where the seller has absolutely no control over 😕

I mean, it’s not like it’s the seller’s fault when a buyer makes a mistake order, or tries to get away with free work or more work than advertised for the same money… What if competitors buy “by mistake” other peoples’ gigs just to demote them? 😦

I also agree with woofy

with this point system competitor can login with another account and and easily manipulate his competitor by spending 5$

Archived