Level Systems Update: What Fiverr Sellers Need to Know

mjensen415

Group-think has run rampant here…

Have you guys actually read through the blog post announcing the new level system?

Read it here: http://blog.fiverr.com/level-systems-update-what-fiverr-sellers-need-to-know/

Some rumors that are flying around here that I would like to try and clear up by reading the actual facts:

1. You do NOT have to MAINTAIN a steady $20k or $2k in earnings every 120 days. The post clearly points out: “Don’t worry, doers—in the updated system, an existing seller cannot be demoted just because the earning isn’t as required in the updated terms. As long as you maintain your response rate, deliver complete orders on time, and continue to receive good ratings, you will keep your current level.”

2. Yes, everyone is freaking out about the response rate metric of 90%. But if you read about what the response rate is, it isn’t the 1 hr response TIME. It is the 24 hour response rate. That means as long as you respond to all inbound messages within 24 hours, your response rate shouldn’t go down.

3. They run evaluations every 30 days… so what this means is if your response rate is below 90% one month and you are a level 2 seller, you will be demoted to level 1 for at LEAST 30 days. If you can get your response rate back up in 30 days, you will be re-promoted up to level 2.

I think this is a very realistic representation of how the level system should work. i.e. If you are TRS, but you’re unable to get to all of the work you have (inbox is part of your work), then maybe you are too busy and level 2 might give you a little break for a month. Think about it from the buyers perspective: I recently messaged a TRS to inquire about some SEO work, it was in regards to a gig that promised a 24-hour turnaround. I didn’t hear back on my message for 2 days. How much confidence would I have that if I placed the gig order, it would get done on time? Now I ended up placing the order anyway because they had thousands of 5* reviews. And guess what? 22 hours into the order, I get a request to extend the order by 3 days.

This new level system is intentionally dynamic because we as sellers are dynamic in how we provide our products. (I hope that makes as much sense to you guys as it did in my head just now…) Fiverr is just adapting to people who are adaptable in real life.

You nailed it!..

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group-think has run rampant here…

Have you guys actually read through the blog post announcing the new level system?

Read it here: http://blog.fiverr.com/level-systems-update-what-fiverr-sellers-need-to-know/

Some rumors that are flying around here that I would like to try and clear up by reading the actual facts:

1. You do NOT have to MAINTAIN a steady $20k or $2k in earnings every 120 days. The post clearly points out: “Don’t worry, doers—in the updated system, an existing seller cannot be demoted just because the earning isn’t as required in the updated terms. As long as you maintain your response rate, deliver complete orders on time, and continue to receive good ratings, you will keep your current level.”

2. Yes, everyone is freaking out about the response rate metric of 90%. But if you read about what the response rate is, it isn’t the 1 hr response TIME. It is the 24 hour response rate. That means as long as you respond to all inbound messages within 24 hours, your response rate shouldn’t go down.

3. They run evaluations every 30 days… so what this means is if your response rate is below 90% one month and you are a level 2 seller, you will be demoted to level 1 for at LEAST 30 days. If you can get your response rate back up in 30 days, you will be re-promoted up to level 2.

I think this is a very realistic representation of how the level system should work. i.e. If you are TRS, but you’re unable to get to all of the work you have (inbox is part of your work), then maybe you are too busy and level 2 might give you a little break for a month. Think about it from the buyers perspective: I recently messaged a TRS to inquire about some SEO work, it was in regards to a gig that promised a 24-hour turnaround. I didn’t hear back on my message for 2 days. How much confidence would I have that if I placed the gig order, it would get done on time? Now I ended up placing the order anyway because they had thousands of 5* reviews. And guess what? 22 hours into the order, I get a request to extend the order by 3 days.

This new level system is intentionally dynamic because we as sellers are dynamic in how we provide our products. (I hope that makes as much sense to you guys as it did in my head just now…) Fiverr is just adapting to people who are adaptable in real life.

Oh come on! Don’t list out facts like that!

I much prefer the Chicken Licken style comments…

seeing that every level requires 90% completion rate, if a TRS drops below that will they be demoted to no level at all?

why is the completion rate taking into account mistake orders, chargebacks, orders from troublesome buyers who demand more work or something entirely different that the seller can’t provide, and so on?

Seems like everyone has the same issue with cancellation rate though.

In the words of @torrelles

giphy.gif

seeing that every level requires 90% completion rate, if a TRS drops below that will they be demoted to no level at all?

why is the completion rate taking into account mistake orders, chargebacks, orders from troublesome buyers who demand more work or something entirely different that the seller can’t provide, and so on?

giphy.gif

I can get behind the cancellation rate.

Because that one is outside of our control. If we had the option to approve or deny an order, then yes, the cancellation rate would be on us. But when buyers can just order what they want and try to get more than they ordered, sellers can’t help but cancel. (or work a ton extra for $5…)

I’m amazed that Fiverr have done this.

Whoever runs their legal department obviously haven’t been keeping tabs on Uber.

This squarely puts Fiverr sellers in the category of employees in the eyes of the EU and UK employment law.

It’s actually a near carbon copy of the Uber case - evaluations and rules set by the intermediary resulting in a detrimental effect on earnings and standing on a platform.

Constant evaluations with repercussions on the worker have always been considered a line between employed and self employed - it’s what got Google into huge trouble in the US with their testers and is what Uber are facing right now.

TL,DR - Fiverr’s new system is in breach of EU and some US employment status laws

Because that one is outside of our control. If we had the option to approve or deny an order, then yes, the cancellation rate would be on us. But when buyers can just order what they want and try to get more than they ordered, sellers can’t help but cancel. (or work a ton extra for $5…)

Everything is beyond our control. My response rate was on 98% this morning. I have replied to every message for at least 2 weeks without fail in 2-3 hours. Now I’m suddenly at 96%. What if this was review date and I was hit by the 3+ year old response rate bug?

To even try and work with this system is going to be like offering oneself up to the Spanish Inquisition and saying, “here, please, flay me needlessly.”

An accept button or something similar would be a blessing. Even more it would be finally a civilised way to do business here.

Everything is beyond our control. My response rate was on 98% this morning. I have replied to every message for at least 2 weeks without fail in 2-3 hours. Now I’m suddenly at 96%. What if this was review date and I was hit by the 3+ year old response rate bug?

To even try and work with this system is going to be like offering oneself up to the Spanish Inquisition and saying, “here, please, flay me needlessly.”

My response rate dropped to 99% for no reason this morning also. Since we get penalized if it goes too low they need to fix this bug.

Fiverr’s CS has been very helpful for me. If my RR was down to 98% and I have replied to everything, I would reach out to them and get it fixed.

I may be a little naive here being a new seller, but what is 24 hours at a lower level going to hurt your sales? I’m sure that if you can prove that you’ve responded to every message within 24 hours, they will fix your rate and your level.

Fiverr’s CS has been very helpful for me. If my RR was down to 98% and I have replied to everything, I would reach out to them and get it fixed.

I may be a little naive here being a new seller, but what is 24 hours at a lower level going to hurt your sales? I’m sure that if you can prove that you’ve responded to every message within 24 hours, they will fix your rate and your level.

what is 24 hours at a lower level going to hurt your sales?

It does hurt your sales.

giphy.gif

Oh God please no 😂

My response rate drops when there is spam that I report. This one guy keeps spamming me, I reported it and TRIED to block him, but it didn’t block him.

Instead of blocking him he still send messages trying to get me to buy his gig and now

my response rate dropped. This is beyond maddening.

yeah…this happen always and CS does not have any permanent solution for this.

i am level 2 seller and if i complete all requirements until 15jan and not complete 20000$ sale. will i remain on level 2? and when will i can become top rated.

thanks

@misscrystal is correct.

To maintain your level all you need to do is meet every other requirement BUT the income. (The income is a ONE-TIME requirement, so if you have made at least $2,000 in the lifetime on Fiverr, you will remain level 2 after Jan 14th.)

@misscrystal is correct.

To maintain your level all you need to do is meet every other requirement BUT the income. (The income is a ONE-TIME requirement, so if you have made at least $2,000 in the lifetime on Fiverr, you will remain level 2 after Jan 14th.)

i have earned 1014$ until now. if i didn’t earned 2000$ until jan14. will i remain on level 2?

thanks

Yes, the bugs really should be fixed but seeing as there is a definitive Account Review date, why not just check over your stats the week before and if they dont look right then contact CS who often reset/fix the issues temporarily.

Its not ideal but it is hardly a big deal.

Yes, that’s practical. Since every seller currently on Fiverr has the exact same review date, I’ll assume a week before my review is due that Fiverr will give the robot which says there is nothing they can do when I report something the day off. This and hire a few hundred new CS temps who will answer personally and in context to every message CS starts getting from sellers panicking about the fact that they are about to lose their seller level.

Also @abauer5188, going from level 2 to level 1 means fewer gigs and no packages on gigs. This means fewer orders and orders which do suddenly start coming in, all being from buyers who assume that you are having some kind of wacky sale. I have already experienced this and within hours had people paying $5 for custom explainer videos because there was no option to pay more.

I’m not willing to go through that for the sake of mutual cancelations I’m forced into by people with fruit pastels for brains and a 3 year old computer glitch. It’s about a little thing called dignity.

Would you work somewhere where the place you clock in at occasionally registered you as late because of a mechanical fault and be fine with taking a 60-day pay cut for YOUR poor performance? No. You’d say, 'God, this is just more than a little bit screwy, who the hell runs his place?"

As a top rated seller myself, I deliver things late, I rarely have above 80% in replies, but I maintain a high ranking and many awesome reviews. This is done by over delivering on orders and giving great customer service… and answering weekend messages on Monday… all of which these percentages cannot account for.

What really sucks is now I have to be with in 24 hours of something to answer messages on 7 days a week… for someone who already pulls 10+ hours a day on weekdays I am not looking forward to having to spend 2-3 hours Saturday and Sunday answering messages just to keep a percentage that means nothing to me above 90%. You will find that almost all buyers understand if you do not get back to them immediately on weekends, and if they do care that bad, they will just find another seller…

It doesn’t even solve the problem, it just creates more work for myself, because now instead of spending time on Monday thoroughly going through messages and send quotes, I’m going to have to make a saved response to explain that I can’t get back to them until Monday… which basically creates more work for myself… and doesn’t help me at all… except to keep a percentage up… and then I still have to get back to them on Monday… so just busy work for nothing.

This site really needs to have scheduled days off for top rated sellers, doing 10-15 hour days and then not getting any time to step away from the site is going to take its toll… it already is on me honestly. I mean I love this site it makes working for myself possible, but when you can’t get 1 or 2 days rest a week… it is very easy to get burnt out.

I agree, and what happens when we go on vacation? I go two times a year for 14 days each time - with a goal of resting my eyes, and mind… where wifi is very sparse. ( and I like it that way! 🍹)

Now it appears that my vacation will undoubtedly result in being denoted.

What an awesome tradeoff for all my hard work! :ok_hand:t4:

Yes, that’s practical. Since every seller currently on Fiverr has the exact same review date, I’ll assume a week before my review is due that Fiverr will give the robot which says there is nothing they can do when I report something the day off. This and hire a few hundred new CS temps who will answer personally and in context to every message CS starts getting from sellers panicking about the fact that they are about to lose their seller level.

Also @abauer5188, going from level 2 to level 1 means fewer gigs and no packages on gigs. This means fewer orders and orders which do suddenly start coming in, all being from buyers who assume that you are having some kind of wacky sale. I have already experienced this and within hours had people paying $5 for custom explainer videos because there was no option to pay more.

I’m not willing to go through that for the sake of mutual cancelations I’m forced into by people with fruit pastels for brains and a 3 year old computer glitch. It’s about a little thing called dignity.

Would you work somewhere where the place you clock in at occasionally registered you as late because of a mechanical fault and be fine with taking a 60-day pay cut for YOUR poor performance? No. You’d say, 'God, this is just more than a little bit screwy, who the hell runs his place?"

Since every seller currently on Fiverr has the exact same review date, I’ll assume a week before my review is due that Fiverr will give the robot which says there is nothing they can do when I report something the day off. This and hire a few hundred new CS temps who will answer personally and in context to every message CS starts getting from sellers panicking about the fact that they are about to lose their seller level.

Seeing as we are assuming, let’s also assume that only the 0.000001% who are usually proactive in dealing with issues will actually be proactive in this too in which case 3 CS people can handle it all within 5 minutes. I suspect the forum mods will have a lot more posts to deal with AFTER people have been demoted than CS will have to deal with beforehand.

My response rate drops when there is spam that I report. This one guy keeps spamming me, I reported it and TRIED to block him, but it didn’t block him.

Instead of blocking him he still send messages trying to get me to buy his gig and now

my response rate dropped. This is beyond maddening.

My response rate started dropping some months back for this particular reason. And instead of blocking/ reporting the person alone, I send a message first - “spam” then I block/report.

This way, the bug won’t affect you.

Would you work somewhere where the place you clock in at occasionally registered you as late because of a mechanical fault and be fine with taking a 60-day pay cut for YOUR poor performance?

It’s not perfect but I deal with it. Yes it stresses me out sometimes but you take the bad with the good.

Archived