Level Systems Update: What Fiverr Sellers Need to Know

mjensen415

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be at least a 90% completion rate as anything below that is too many cancellations.

Indeed, but why would Fiverr consider it as the seller’s fault by default?

I mean, I have over 200 cancelled due to being incomplete for ages (all cancelled by CS btw), over 100 “by mistake”, almost 100 due to chargebacks, over 300 from buyers who ordered without even looking at what they purchased and demanding something I couldn’t possibly do and never even advertised to do, etc.

How can anyone possibly control these? 😕 I’ve tried for seven years to find a way to partially control them, but so far everything failed.

I agree, sellers are not going to cancel a sale unless they have no choice.

New level standards show fiverr departure from its birth policy of $5 dollar to a strategic shift in pursuit of making it higher profit and competitive market place. New income bounds clearly suggests that its no more a $5 market place rather welcoming large revenue projects. This will quickly put low earning sellers out of lime light; serious business will go towards experienced and expensive sellers which would gradually flushed out new sellers. This policy is double edge knife. On one side it will provide skilled people a better chance to get paid and on other end it will blow away low earning skills and casual business gigs. Its evident that major improvements in project time limit, pricing and other areas will be seen to accommodate this strategic shift.

serious business will go towards experienced and expensive sellers

I’m here and I’m both of those things. Orders have declined in favor of new sellers, as far as I can tell.

It has to be at least a 90% completion rate as anything below that is too many cancellations.

Indeed, but why would Fiverr consider it as the seller’s fault by default?

I mean, I have over 200 cancelled due to being incomplete for ages (all cancelled by CS btw), over 100 “by mistake”, almost 100 due to chargebacks, over 300 from buyers who ordered without even looking at what they purchased and demanding something I couldn’t possibly do and never even advertised to do, etc.

How can anyone possibly control these? 😕 I’ve tried for seven years to find a way to partially control them, but so far everything failed.

Exactly, I am with you @woofy31 :hugs:

Going to start this thread as the “official” Fiverr FAQ for the new Level System announcement.

If you haven’t already, please check out this blog post outlining the changes coming in January. There are a few of us from Fiverr who will monitor this thread and will answer questions (that we can) that are not covered in the Blog post & video.

http://blog.fiverr.com/level-systems-update-what-fiverr-sellers-need-to-know/

Love the new leveling system but there are some questions that need to be answered.

Will sellers lose their level two rank if they lack even in one field?

If a TRS loses their rank will they need to be hand-selected again or will the system automatically promote them?

Will a drop in rank only affect a sellers level or will it directly affect their Gig rankings?

Are accidental order cancellations or unreasonable order cancellation going to affect the metrics?

If yes, then how do we keep our metrics up? I’ve had 4 order cancellations in the past 40+ days and all of them were from buyers either “accidentally” purchasing gig or trying to get the premium package for the price of the basic.

Hopefully, you’ll be able to clear these up for us.

Thank you.

Love the new leveling system but there are some questions that need to be answered.

Will sellers lose their level two rank if they lack even in one field?

If a TRS loses their rank will they need to be hand-selected again or will the system automatically promote them?

Will a drop in rank only affect a sellers level or will it directly affect their Gig rankings?

Are accidental order cancellations or unreasonable order cancellation going to affect the metrics?

If yes, then how do we keep our metrics up? I’ve had 4 order cancellations in the past 40+ days and all of them were from buyers either “accidentally” purchasing gig or trying to get the premium package for the price of the basic.

Hopefully, you’ll be able to clear these up for us.

Thank you.

I think I know this one although it’s not from experience, just common sense.

They will need to be reviewed manually, it won’t be automatic.

I also suspect they won’t automatically be demoted. I think any change will be reviewed

by the editors, either up or down.

I think I know this one although it’s not from experience, just common sense.

They will need to be reviewed manually, it won’t be automatic.

I also suspect they won’t automatically be demoted. I think any change will be reviewed

by the editors, either up or down.

Yeah, but let’s get official confirmation while we can. Why speculate while @mjensen415 can provide an official confirmation because if a TRS is demoted what level will they be on then since they won’t meet the standards of a level 2 seller? Level one? We need to clear this up along with the other questions I asked.

Yeah, but let’s get official confirmation while we can. Why speculate while @mjensen415 can provide an official confirmation because if a TRS is demoted what level will they be on then since they won’t meet the standards of a level 2 seller? Level one? We need to clear this up along with the other questions I asked.

Just don’t mess up and you’ll be fine. 😉

so right now untill the 15th of january, to get to level two seller, I need 50 orders in two months along with all the old requirements and I can get there correct ?

You also have to have earned >=£1,525 approx to get to level 2.

edit: ignore this post (misread previous post). This is what happens on/after 15th Jan 2018 not before.

Just don’t mess up and you’ll be fine. 😉

On another note, I’m like a month away from hitting the TRS qualification metrics…let’s hope it goes well.

@uk1000 take my word for it, leveling up to level 2 is not always such a good idea. I’ve read numerous people complain about how their sales practically stopped after reaching level two. As long as you have great reviews and the quality of your work is good you should be ok regardless of seller level.

I wonder how many people will lose or gain levels in the next few months

We have done analysis on how many users will go up and down a level and these new “metrics” for levels reflect the best outcome. Yes, some users are going to go down a level. Some will go up.

Remember that these metrics are for the last 60 days. So since we’re not implementing the new level system in 60 days, all sellers have time to improve their stats.

Remember that these metrics are for the last 60 days. So since we’re not implementing the new level system in 60 days, all sellers have time to improve their stats.

So to get to level 2 seller before the 15th January, I won’t need 2000$ in sales? only 50 sales in 2 months along with the older requirements to qualify?

So to get to level 2 seller before the 15th January, I won’t need 2000$ in sales? only 50 sales in 2 months along with the older requirements to qualify?

Yes, that should be the case. Good luck.

The new level requirements state that you need $2,000 in sales.

The new level requirements state that you need $2,000 in sales.

Yes but the new level requirements only take effect on 15th of January, so before 15th January 2018 sellers could get to level 2 without earning $2000 and won’t drop a level after 15th Jan 2018 if they have earned <$2000 (but may do for other reasons I think).

does that mean that the old system is still in function for the next 60 days?? also what happens if I get all the requirements for level 2 but not the 2000$ in ernings one??

Yes. The current system will stay in place for the next 60 days. No changes until January 15th.

If you are a Level 1 seller and don’t “hit” all the metrics for the next level, nothing happens. You remain at Level 1.

Yes. The current system will stay in place for the next 60 days. No changes until January 15th.

If a seller can manage to complete 50 order before January they will get the level two badge, whether they get to keep it afterward is a whole another story.

On that note, how many people are in the red right now? I know a few people personally that are in for a rough time.

If a seller can manage to complete 50 order before January they will get the level two badge, whether they get to keep it afterward is a whole another story.

On that note, how many people are in the red right now? I know a few people personally that are in for a rough time.

Of course, if they reach that level before January 14, they would still be assessed on the other stats, and if those haven’t been reached, they would likely be demoted again. 😉

Of course, if they reach that level before January 14, they would still be assessed on the other stats, and if those haven’t been reached, they would likely be demoted again. 😉

The next few months are gonna be fun in more ways than one. The only thing that has me worried is the cancellation issue everyone seems to be complaining about.

I’ve only done 2 orders in my history of fiverr and one of my orders was mutually cancelled because of miscommunication. this puts my order completion rate at 50%, and I do not expect any orders soon. I don’t feel like fiverr should penalize sellers who don’t get a lot of business or because of cancellations.

I’ve only done 2 orders in my history of fiverr and one of my orders was mutually cancelled because of miscommunication. this puts my order completion rate at 50%, and I do not expect any orders soon. I don’t feel like fiverr should penalize sellers who don’t get a lot of business or because of cancellations.

Not my place to say this but I think you should start over. Getting a cancellation on your second order is not a good sign.

Fiverr is not “penalizing” sellers. They’re encouraging them to step up their game.

Have you seen the search results lately? It’s nothing but promotion for new sellers!

Archived