Hilarious use of Social Media

mariokluser

On 6/12/2019 at 11:49 PM, srhd83 said:

I only posted them to groups specific to Fiverr and by giving hours, or a day of break.

Why would you think this is a good idea? Do you think clients are on “groups specific to Fiverr”? Of course not. The only people in those groups are other sellers, that should be obvious. You clearly have no idea what social media marketing means.

Example: you sell youtube intros. You should market to youtube content creators directly, by DM, or at the most by posting in a group where they hang out. You want to bring people that never heard of Fiverr to the platform, people who already know the website have absolutely 0 interest in what you have to offer - if they did, they could find you easily already. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/13/2019 at 12:50 AM, visualstudios said:

You should market to youtube content creators directly, by DM, 

Some people don’t like receiving unsolicited DMs. DMs can be great, but only if that person asked for it.

On 6/12/2019 at 10:02 PM, srhd83 said:

I only posted them to groups specific to Fiverr and by giving hours, or a day of break.

Posting every few hours is spam.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:47 AM, srhd83 said:

But Quora also does not allow posting links in your answers, even though you try to post them in context in questions related to Fiverr.

Because Quora is known as a great place to build credibility, and spammers abused it, so now they don’t allow links.

Sooner or later your gig promotion ends up getting labeled as possible spam and your account ends up locked for “suspicious activity”.

It only happens when a big number of people reports you for spamming (and people are typically lazy to report, they prefer to just scroll down).

As @jonbaas told you, you can have a Facebook page and a Twitter account dedicated to your Fiver business, and post there (don’t reply to other people’s tweets with the link to your gig or profile, though, because it’s spam). If you post on your Facebook page and/or Twitter account, there’s no reason for anyone to report you, because you can post what you want on your own feed.

I even suspect that these freelance market places are some sort of illusions and nobody really makes any money from it at this point.

You joined this month. Some people wait for months to get their first order. Also, I only see one gig on your profile, translation to/from Turkish. I’m not sure how much demand there’s on Fiverr for that language pair.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:47 AM, catwriter said:

Some people don’t like receiving unsolicited DMs. DMs can be great, but only if that person asked for it.

Posting every few hours is spam.

Because Quora is known as a great place to build credibility, and spammers abused it, so now they don’t allow links.

It only happens when a big number of people reports you for spamming (and people are typically lazy to report, they prefer to just scroll down).

As @jonbaas told you, you can have a Facebook page and a Twitter account dedicated to your Fiver business, and post there (don’t reply to other people’s tweets with the link to your gig or profile, though, because it’s spam). If you post on your Facebook page and/or Twitter account, there’s no reason for anyone to report you, because you can post what you want on your own feed.

You joined this month. Some people wait for months to get their first order. Also, I only see one gig on your profile, translation to/from Turkish. I’m not sure how much demand there’s on Fiverr for that language pair.

I know that some people don’t like to receive DMs, just like people don’t like to be cold called or cold e-mailed - however, that’s a cornerstone of sales. There are entire companies dedicated to cold contacting people. Can it be annoying? Sure. Can it sell? Sure. And at least you are not doing it publicly, and hopefully you are targeting people that may at least be interested in your kind of service.

Now, you need to know what you’re doing and be good at it, it’s a skill like any other. But that’s a completely different subject. Identify a need you can fulfill, contact the prospect explaining exactly how you can solve their problem. 

On 6/13/2019 at 9:12 AM, srhd83 said:

I even suspect that these freelance market places are some sort of illusions and nobody really makes any money from it at this point.

Fiverr is opening on the New York stock exchange today as a publicly traded company, and will begin trading higher than the valuation of it’s initial public offering due to strong demand. This indicates some people are making money here.

Fiverr reported revenues for 2018 of $75,000,000. 

Guest netartica
On 6/13/2019 at 10:00 AM, srhd83 said:

What “big money”, Lol … I only had two gigs and one of them was translation and the other article writing. You have mistaken me with someone who is trying to sell diamonds or something maybe.

The same things can work and he can earn well if he spend little time to search his target audience. He need to share his fiverr link to those who are looking for such services. if some one selling make up items in stock market place how many buyer he can find there? 

• 1 month later...

I have been seeing a lot of questions asking if you can get sales by posting on social media.

You can, but only if you know what you are doing, create content that engages your target audience and there is a demand and interest for not just your particular service, but for you and your specific value.

Posting your gig on social media is only 1/10th of the activity you need to do on social media and in your personal branding in order to make lead generation possible. It is a big time commitment.

And don’t think if you get a lot of gig impressions, that means sales are likely. It doesnt. Aim for leads.

Please research social proof, lead generation and personal branding in social media. Also, look up the sales cycle. It is vital to understand these principles before you try to get business on social media. Otherwise you won’t and you might make yourself look unprofessional or even desperate.

Don’t only post your gig links and don’t do that a lot. Post content that builds a case for what you have to offer. Post insights that help who you want to target. Post things your target audience wants to read, build relationships with them and support them.

Here is the thing about social media. People hate other people promoting themselves on it so don’t look like you are promoting yourself and you might get some success.

I recently had my third order (in three years!) that I know definitely came from Quora. There may have been more, I do tend to get regular “Social” clicks according to Fiverr Analytics. I have been quite active in answering questions about Fiverr, SEO and marketing on Quora and my 80 or so answers tend to get an average of 10 views each every week - even the 3 year old ones.

Fiverr, SEO and marketing are all things I am knowledgeable about and so when I answer questions about them the answers are useful to people. I have NEVER posted a gig link, never suggested anyone buy from me and never spammed the site.
My profile link is in my Quora bio. That’s it.

Edit: Oh look, I got a milestone recently. Note that this means answers I have written on topics related to the services I offer have been seen by 75,000 people in 3 years. This marketing didn’t cost me anything but in my niche, to have Google Ads achieve that, would cost in the region of $30-50,000.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:32 AM, humanissocial said:

if you can get sales by posting on social media.

It’s not guaranteed, because when someone will arrive on our gig page and when he/she will see other sellers offering the same service and maybe at a lower price, the probability of “me” being hired dramatically changes. Why? because the potential customer can like other gigs priced lower than mine and can demand a discount or even can argue with me on my prices. It will then solely depends on my communication skills, whether or not I can generate a sale from it.

My “Lead” can turn into a “Sale” for another seller and other seller’s “Lead” can be turned into mine.

Promoting your gigs on social media is just bringing more people to visit Fiverr.

A potential customer is not guaranteed to become a “Buyer” always, he/she can just create an account and start selling his/her services too. This is why Fiverr ask sellers to share their gigs on social media as this grows Fiverr’s reach. 

On 8/9/2019 at 8:49 AM, eoinfinnegan said:

Here is the thing about social media. People hate other people promoting themselves on it so don’t look like you are promoting yourself and you might get some success.

I recently had my third order (in three years!) that I know definitely came from Quora. There may have been more, I do tend to get regular “Social” clicks according to Fiverr Analytics. I have been quite active in answering questions about Fiverr, SEO and marketing on Quora and my 80 or so answers tend to get an average of 10 views each every week - even the 3 year old ones.

Fiverr, SEO and marketing are all things I am knowledgeable about and so when I answer questions about them the answers are useful to people. I have NEVER posted a gig link, never suggested anyone buy from me and never spammed the site.

My profile link is in my Quora bio. That’s it.

Edit: Oh look, I got a milestone recently. Note that this means answers I have written on topics related to the services I offer have been seen by 75,000 people in 3 years. This marketing didn’t cost me anything but in my niche, to have Google Ads achieve that, would cost in the region of $30-50,000.

Thanks for sharing your organic success! You clearly established credibility.

Such a good point that you go farther when you don’t “sell” and instead help people and share awesome content. 

On 8/9/2019 at 8:53 AM, rahulgraphics said:

when someone will arrive on our gig page and when he/she will see other sellers offering the same service and maybe at a lower price, the probability of “me” being hired dramatically changes. Why? because the potential customer can like other gigs priced lower than mine and can demand a discount or even can argue with me on my prices. It will then solely depends on my communication skills, whether or not I can generate a sale from it.

This is why it is key to ensure that the customer is coming to Fiverr to buy from you for good reasons. If you promote yourself as the cheapest but the buyer finds someone else cheaper then of course you will lose that sale (you deserve to for lying) but if the buyer is coming to Fiverr for your expertise or other good reasons then why would they look elsewhere? 

On 8/9/2019 at 8:53 AM, rahulgraphics said:

It’s not guaranteed, because when someone will arrive on our gig page and when he/she will see other sellers offering the same service and maybe at a lower price, the probability of “me” being hired dramatically changes. Why? because the potential customer can like other gigs priced lower than mine and can demand a discount or even can argue with me on my prices. It will then solely depends on my communication skills, whether or not I can generate a sale from it.

My “Lead” can turn into a “Sale” for another seller and other seller’s “Lead” can be turned into mine.

Promoting your gigs on social media is just bringing more people to visit Fiverr.

A potential customer is not guaranteed to become a “Buyer” always, he/she can just create an account and start selling his/her services too. This is why Fiverr ask sellers to share their gigs on social media as this grows Fiverr’s reach.

Absolutely, being promotional is important, too for social leads. My point is that for it to work, you need to be organic as well, more often than promotional. 

On 8/9/2019 at 8:59 AM, eoinfinnegan said:

if the buyer is coming to Fiverr for your expertise or other good reasons then why would they look elsewhere?

A new customer/buyer that has not even tested my services is unaware of my expertise and skills unless the buyer test itself by buying my services and get an experience. He/she than can turn into a repeat buyer.

A new buyer coming from social media through my gig link is unpredictable. 

On 8/9/2019 at 9:00 AM, rahulgraphics said:

A new customer/buyer that has not even tested my services is unaware of my expertise and skills unless the buyer test itself by buying my services and get an experience. He/she than can turn into a repeat buyer.

If you just share your link for people to visit then of course what you say is right. But I would actually doubt anyone would bother looking at someone who just shares their link. 

On 8/9/2019 at 9:02 AM, rahulgraphics said:

Yes, social proof and rapport are especially important in the latter circumstance. Even if you have a really organic approach and it’s very effective, you probably won’t get a lead unless people have evidence from previous buyers that you are credible and a great fit.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:05 AM, eoinfinnegan said:

would actually doubt anyone would bother looking at someone who just shares their link.

Bingo. This is exactly my point.

If all you do on social is hustle, you not only don’t attract leads. You make yourself look bad to the very few people who DO see you.

No one wants to follow someone who just uses their social media account as a billboard. It’s not interesting and unhelpful, plus it doesn’t showcase your value. Organic content can.

• 11 months later...

Let the coins roll then! Really curious to see if it does anything. But wouldn’t you need to advertise your youtube channel as well then? By being active on other social media plattforms? Online marketing is such a spiral I wouldn’t know how to go about this as 1 single person.

On 7/12/2020 at 8:40 AM, marinapomorac said:

That is why I did this:

Ohhh I see, clever!

As a wise man once said:

“What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around” 

You should target your audience by facebook ads.

facebook ads

😃 I go on Facebook so much that my last message was sent to me in April and I saw it yesterday.

I never used Facebook before I opened it for my REAL business, as in not this Fiverr thingy.

But still, I have no idea about Facebook and its purpose. The same goes for Twitter and Instagram and what is else out there.

Basically I do not use social media of any kind ever, maybe once a year or month.

Who has time to take pictures, put the filter, write posts and tweets… I never understood that.

facebook ads

😃 I go on Facebook so much that my last message was sent to me in April and I saw it yesterday.

I never used Facebook before I opened it for my REAL business, as in not this Fiverr thingy.

But still, I have no idea about Facebook and its purpose. The same goes for Twitter and Instagram and what is else out there.

Basically I do not use social media of any kind ever, maybe once a year or month.

Who has time to take pictures, put the filter, write posts and tweets… I never understood that.

Facebook have the data of the people interests, when you will set your ads you will target those people who are interested in your service, this is how businesses connect with their client these days.

Facebook have the data of the people interests, when you will set your ads you will target those people who are interested in your service, this is how businesses connect with their client these days.

And you pay for that? The ads?

The whole purpose why I joined Facebook (business site only) was because I was told it is free marketing.

I want to see how this works first. My goal is to reach level 1 seller by 15.07.2020.

I am so close.

And you pay for that? The ads?

The whole purpose why I joined Facebook (business site only) was because I was told it is free marketing.

I want to see how this works first. My goal is to reach level 1 seller by 15.07.2020.

I am so close.

Yes, you will pay for this, you can control your ads, pause them, change the targeted area etc.

Archived