Jump to content
  • 0

I need a massive help from the Fiverr freelancers about my account which. Has been hacked some days before !!!!


developerlikhon

Question

Hello fiverr freelancers, Hope all are doing well. 

So basically I really need help from you guys. 

Actually my account has been hacked at 20th April. The client has shared a link to my inbox and told me to create a site like that. 

I clicked on the link and after some moments I saw, My Fiverr account has been logged out from my mac and as well as my phone. After seeing this, I was shocked and tried to login again and fortunately I logged in. 

And then after that for my security I gone to CS for getting an idea that how the scammer got the access of my Fiverr account and just wanted to know if there’s any issue with my account as the scammer got the access of my account I was a bit scared

So after that the CS has restricted my account for no reason, and asking me to fill up the last 4 number of my mobile digits, date of birth and Fiverr security questions

I provided the first 2 things which is mobile digit and the date of birth, but unfortunately I forgot the security answers and I was not able to provide that. 

Then they have asked me to guess the answer, I tried but got no luck. 

So in this case I told them that I can provide my Government ID which has been used to create my seller profile but they have refused that and asking me again n again for the security questions. 

In this case, is there anyone can help me to bring my profile back? And also ( @Kesha ) or ( @Lena ) or ( @Seven ) anyone here who can kindly have a look into my profile and bring this back? 

I am already working with my clients and as I got restricted no new clients can send me message or I can’t even sent any messages. Even my gigs are also in denied position

That means I really do not have any other scope to get more work, so as soon as possible I am trying my best to recover this profile

And just want to start where I have left


Thats all my story, I am very pleased to get the community freelancer support to stand with me and get my account back 🙁 

Thanks,
Likhon Ahmed

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 6.19.24 PM.png

  • Like 10
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 3

That's really unfortunate and really sorry to hear. And it takes few weeks/months for support team to investigate the issue and then un-restrict your account. 

My suggestion would be to search @vickieito's posts on the forum and read them. She had gone through similar ordeal and explained the entire issue multiple times to multiple people on the forum. It will provide you with a broad idea about the process and way forward on the issue.  

  • Like 7
  • Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1

Hi there @developerlikhon 

We understand this may be disappointing for you, but unfortunately, there is nothing we can do. I did check your ticket and it is pending which means that you would have to provide the necessary information before we can help you further. 

Please try to remember all the possible answers to the questions and send them to our Customer Support Team. 

Thank you. 

  • Like 6
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, developerlikhon said:

Hello fiverr freelancers, Hope all are doing well. 

So basically I really need help from you guys. 

Actually my account has been hacked at 20th April. The client has shared a link to my inbox and told me to create a site like that. 

I clicked on the link and after some moments I saw, My Fiverr account has been logged out from my mac and as well as my phone. After seeing this, I was shocked and tried to login again and fortunately I logged in. 

And then after that for my security I gone to CS for getting an idea that how the scammer got the access of my Fiverr account and just wanted to know if there’s any issue with my account as the scammer got the access of my account I was a bit scared

So after that the CS has restricted my account for no reason, and asking me to fill up the last 4 number of my mobile digits, date of birth and Fiverr security questions

I provided the first 2 things which is mobile digit and the date of birth, but unfortunately I forgot the security answers and I was not able to provide that. 

Then they have asked me to guess the answer, I tried but got no luck. 

So in this case I told them that I can provide my Government ID which has been used to create my seller profile but they have refused that and asking me again n again for the security questions. 

In this case, is there anyone can help me to bring my profile back? And also ( @Kesha ) or ( @Lena ) or ( @Seven ) anyone here who can kindly have a look into my profile and bring this back? 

I am already working with my clients and as I got restricted no new clients can send me message or I can’t even sent any messages. Even my gigs are also in denied position

That means I really do not have any other scope to get more work, so as soon as possible I am trying my best to recover this profile

And just want to start where I have left


Thats all my story, I am very pleased to get the community freelancer support to stand with me and get my account back 🙁 

Thanks,
Likhon Ahmed

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 6.19.24 PM.png

This is very sad to me, I mean really this is going to harm you badly, at least you should note down all the answers then maybe they can be able to fix this account issue. But I highly believe that fiverr CS will soon going to release your account and start it from where you were in the market. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, jabirahamed20 said:

This is very sad to me, I mean really this is going to harm you badly, at least you should note down all the answers then maybe they can be able to fix this account issue. But I highly believe that fiverr CS will soon going to release your account and start it from where you were in the market. 

Yeah, I hope so. 😔

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Posted (edited)

Lena, I've tried multiple times to remember it, but I can't. I have all the proofs except for this. Please help me; it's a serious problem for my career. I'm requesting you to please do something to solve my problem.

11 minutes ago, Lena said:

Hi there @developerlikhon 

We understand this may be disappointing for you, but unfortunately, there is nothing we can do. I did check your ticket and it is pending which means that you would have to provide the necessary information before we can help you further. 

Please try to remember all the possible answers to the questions and send them to our Customer Support Team. 

Thank you. 

@Lena, I've tried multiple times to remember it, but I can't. I have all the proofs except for this. Please help me; it's a serious problem for my career. I'm requesting you to please do something to solve my problem.

Edited by developerlikhon
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

That's really unfortunate and really sorry to hear. And it takes few weeks/months for support team to investigate the issue and then un-restrict your account. 

My suggestion would be to search @vickieito's posts on the forum and read them. She had gone through similar ordeal and explained the entire issue multiple times to multiple people on the forum. It will provide you with a broad idea about the process and way forward on the issue.  

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I really appreciate your help. ❤️😔

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, uk1000 said:

If the answer to some of the questions could be something you parents/family might know (and you haven't written them down anywhere) could you ask them?

@uk1000I have already provided all the guesses and the answer to the security question that I use on multiple platforms. I have also tried hard to remember the security question's answer, but I can't recall it. I have searched through all my notes and files to find the security question, but I couldn't locate it. 😔

  • Like 5
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

@Lena @Kesha @Seven Please help me resolve this problem. I have all the proofs except the security question. This is a very serious issue related to my career. If I lose the account, then my two years of hard work will go to waste. I hope you can understand the distress I'm experiencing. This incident was an accident and not my fault. As a web designer, it's important for us to check client-provided reference websites to understand the type of design they prefer. Therefore, I'm requesting your assistance to resolve this problem.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
32 minutes ago, developerlikhon said:

Please help me resolve this problem. I have all the proofs except the security question. This is a very serious issue related to my career. If I lose the account, then my two years of hard work will go to waste. I hope you can understand the distress I'm experiencing. This incident was an accident and not my fault. As a web designer, it's important for us to check client-provided reference websites to understand the type of design they prefer. Therefore, I'm requesting your assistance to resolve this problem.

If you are unable to answer the questions asked by Fiverr Support then unfortunately they cannot do anything for you. It was really not your fault and sorry to hear your bad experience but you must know the answers of the questions else they won't be able to resolve your issue. This is why security question is important to set and remember.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
41 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

If you are unable to answer the questions asked by Fiverr Support then unfortunately they cannot do anything for you. It was really not your fault and sorry to hear your bad experience but you must know the answers of the questions else they won't be able to resolve your issue. This is why security question is important to set and remember.

I get what you're saying, but I can't remember the answer. I've looked through all my private notes and files where I keep my important information, but besides the security question, there are other ways to prove ownership with multiple questions. Fiverr doesn't seem willing to listen to anything I say, which is really frustrating for me. Also, if I'm not the owner, why would I be seeking help? Anyway, thanks for your reply, and please keep me in your prayers. You understand better than I do how much effort it takes to build up a gig on Fiverr.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, developerlikhon said:

Besides the security question, there are other ways to prove ownership with multiple questions

No they still want to know the answer to your security question because of your hacked account which is why they have set Security Question in case if anyone's account gets hacked and original owner of account can answer their questions to prove them. Fiverr wants to know your answer because there are still risks. Anyway, Good Luck.

  • Like 7
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, smartdezigns said:

No they still want to know the answer to your security question because of your hacked account which is why they have set Security Question in case if anyone's account gets hacked and original owner of account can answer their questions to prove them. Fiverr wants to know your answer because there are still risks. Anyway, Good Luck.

I understand. Let's see what they can do. I hope they will help me resolve the problem.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, mt_najmin_nahar said:

Try to remember did you note down the crucial information regarding Fiverr account when you have created it.

I can't remember the security question, and I've checked all of my private notes and files, but I can't find the security question anywhere. A moment ago, I submitted more guesses for the security question to Fiverr customer support. 😞

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
19 minutes ago, developerlikhon said:

I can't remember the security question, and I've checked all of my private notes and files, but I can't find the security question anywhere. A moment ago, I submitted more guesses for the security question to Fiverr customer support. 😞

Try your best you will definitely get a solution, best of luck. 👍

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
17 hours ago, developerlikhon said:

I'm trying harder, but I still can't remember. 😔

HI @developerlikhon - It may take some time before you can figure out your security code. Right now is a really stressful time for you, so you might want to try answering your security questions when you aren't so anxious. I know when my husband passed away, it took me a long time to figure out his unlock code for his iPhone. All the codes I could think of initially didn't work, and each time I tried, the wait time to try a new code increased, by hours, and then by days.  So I took a much needed break for several weeks. Once my head stopped spinning and I could think more clearly, the unlock code just came to me. I hope the same for you.

I can understand your distress as well - My Fiverr account was hacked into last year due to clicking on a link to a "resume" that I was supposed to view but couldn't bring up. Shortly after clicking on the link, I was kicked out of my Fiverr account and I found out that my account no longer existed - the hacker withdrew all my Earnings and put in a request to shut down my account. I really thought it was the end of my Fiverr career and had little hope for my account being restored.

It was very scary because it was the only source of income for my family at the time. I was very lucky that my account was restored. The mass cancellations of all orders in queue brought my level temporarily to Level 1 but I was brought back up to Level 2 very quickly, and after five months, I was able to reach TRS status and my highest earnings on Fiverr. My husband passed away around that time, so things have changed since then. But I'm doing what you are doing - trying to recover and rebuild from what has happened. I really hope you can recover from the hacking and wish the best for you and your business! 💗

  • Like 10
  • Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, vickieito said:

HI @developerlikhon - It may take some time before you can figure out your security code. Right now is a really stressful time for you, so you might want to try answering your security questions when you aren't so anxious. I know when my husband passed away, it took me a long time to figure out his unlock code for his iPhone. All the codes I could think of initially didn't work, and each time I tried, the wait time to try a new code increased, by hours, and then by days.  So I took a much needed break for several weeks. Once my head stopped spinning and I could think more clearly, the unlock code just came to me. I hope the same for you.

I can understand your distress as well - My Fiverr account was hacked into last year due to clicking on a link to a "resume" that I was supposed to view but couldn't bring up. Shortly after clicking on the link, I was kicked out of my Fiverr account and I found out that my account no longer existed - the hacker withdrew all my Earnings and put in a request to shut down my account. I really thought it was the end of my Fiverr career and had little hope for my account being restored.

It was very scary because it was the only source of income for my family at the time. I was very lucky that my account was restored. The mass cancellations of all orders in queue brought my level temporarily to Level 1 but I was brought back up to Level 2 very quickly, and after five months, I was able to reach TRS status and my highest earnings on Fiverr. My husband passed away around that time, so things have changed since then. But I'm doing what you are doing - trying to recover and rebuild from what has happened. I really hope you can recover from the hacking and wish the best for you and your business! 💗

@vickieito Last night, I submitted more guesses. An hour ago, I received an email from Fiverr Support requesting proof of antivirus scans for my laptop and mobile. I promptly submitted the proof and am hopeful that the Fiverr Support Team will lift the restrictions on my profile. Thank you so much for sharing your story; I find myself in a similar situation now because one of my orders was cancelled on Fiverr. If this current order isn't cancelled and Fiverr doesn't restrict my profile, I will earn the Level One badge after completing the ongoing orders. Nonetheless, I remain hopeful that Fiverr will resolve my problem. I am doing my best to provide all the necessary proof they require.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 4/23/2024 at 5:26 PM, developerlikhon said:

Hello fiverr freelancers, Hope all are doing well. 

So basically I really need help from you guys. 

Actually my account has been hacked at 20th April. The client has shared a link to my inbox and told me to create a site like that. 

I clicked on the link and after some moments I saw, My Fiverr account has been logged out from my mac and as well as my phone. After seeing this, I was shocked and tried to login again and fortunately I logged in. 

And then after that for my security I gone to CS for getting an idea that how the scammer got the access of my Fiverr account and just wanted to know if there’s any issue with my account as the scammer got the access of my account I was a bit scared

So after that the CS has restricted my account for no reason, and asking me to fill up the last 4 number of my mobile digits, date of birth and Fiverr security questions

I provided the first 2 things which is mobile digit and the date of birth, but unfortunately I forgot the security answers and I was not able to provide that. 

Then they have asked me to guess the answer, I tried but got no luck. 

So in this case I told them that I can provide my Government ID which has been used to create my seller profile but they have refused that and asking me again n again for the security questions. 

In this case, is there anyone can help me to bring my profile back? And also ( @Kesha ) or ( @Lena ) or ( @Seven ) anyone here who can kindly have a look into my profile and bring this back? 

I am already working with my clients and as I got restricted no new clients can send me message or I can’t even sent any messages. Even my gigs are also in denied position

That means I really do not have any other scope to get more work, so as soon as possible I am trying my best to recover this profile

And just want to start where I have left


Thats all my story, I am very pleased to get the community freelancer support to stand with me and get my account back 🙁 

Thanks,
Likhon Ahmed

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 6.19.24 PM.png

After clicking link, what did you do ?

Did you enter credentials on fake site (phishing) ?

or ran any malicious software executable ?

 

I wouldn't believe if just clicking a link can do such.

(unless browser is outdated and was exploited, but even after its less than 1% chance)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...