Hilarious use of Social Media

mariokluser

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s hilarious, why did they feel the need to respond to that request?

I just asked him to watch my videos once, just once so I get one real view, and since videos are 40 seconds long it would take him 3 minutes total. And I will close the order as completed.

He responded he will give me 900 views tomorrow.

I just asked him to watch my videos once, just once so I get one real view, and since videos are 40 seconds long it would take him 3 minutes total. And I will close the order as completed.

He responded he will give me 900 views tomorrow.

I’ll watch those videos for you for 5 Dollar 😃

• 3 months later...

The best, most successful sellers don’t sit around waiting for orders.

What do they do please

Please can you explain?

If you check the profile of the user you have responded to (jonbaas), you will see that they were banned from the forum until September next year, and won’t be able to respond to you until then.

Okay so please can you explain to me whet he meant there?

No need. @jonbaas already explained many times in many ways. Read through all of these and you should be able to discern the answer.

https://forum.fiverr.com/search?q=user%3Ajonbaas%20%23Fiverr-Tips%20in%3Afirst%20order%3Alatest_topic

The above are just a tiny subset of what is suggested in the following.

So many new sellers come on the forum complaining that they have been on the site for a few days or weeks and are fed up waiting for orders. Some sellers wait months or more to get their first order! Don’t wait! Check out: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers for hundreds of tips on how to get orders. Take time to read, learn, and take action! That is the only way to get orders! Be a Doer! Try it out for yourself! Good luck! slightly_smiling_face

You are replying to an old thread. Just an FYI, the mods don’t like seeing old threads pop up in recent activity.

On 11/18/2020 at 6:33 AM, deisgnheros said:

these are proven methods that helped me get my gig ranking to the top page in less then 7 days so please make sure to check them all

I see that you have been on Fiverr for a bit over 3 years, and yet you only have 126 reviews, and I can not find your best selling gig on the first 7 pages when I search for mascot characters. It always puzzles me how sellers who are not exceptionally successful come to the Fiverr Forum to advise other sellers. :thinking:

if you find this helpful please like the topic and comment on the comment section

Why? :thinking:

I have heard that YouTube Fiverr “Gurus” falsely claim that posting on the Fiverr Forum will help you get orders or more views and clicks. But it is not true.

you can attract clients by simply linking your profile on Fiverr Facebook page liked audience as these are increasing continually

That is spamming. 🙀 

you can improve your profile page by linking to your Facebook account.

Why? :thinking: Are your Facebook friends likely to buy your services?

get in touch with your followers on social media and ask them if they will be interested in your gig on Fiverr

Whose followers? Yours? Or are you spamming the followers of people who are successful on social media? :thinking:

As a seller, you have made 3.3 sales per month since you have been on Fiverr. What makes you feel that you are qualified to make a “Tips for Sellers” post. :thinking:

The Fiverr Tips for Sellers on this forum have always been reserved for sellers who are very successful and want to share their knowledge. 

On 11/19/2020 at 6:45 AM, deisgnheros said:

you are laking of ressources am a level 2 seller 

I have been a Level 2 seller for 3 years. I have never done any of the things you “advise” other sellers to do. Yet, I have over 1,300 reviews and have completed over 1,600 orders.

I have made indeed page rank number 1 in just within a week 

Maybe you did once. But I just looked again; you are not in the first 5 pages. Plus, I see you had one order 5 days ago and one order 2 months ago. Before that, your orders are from over 4 months ago.

you are English and I am sure you can understand few words here and there

I understood all of your words. Understanding people who do not have English as their first language is a specialty of mine. I have a gig to proofread writing done by ESL writers.

be aware of what you are writing madam

You are the one who should be aware of what you write. You come here and give poor advice to new sellers who thank you for your advice because they are grasping at straws and do not know what else to do.

The truth is that Fiverr has doubled and even tripled the number of gigs in some areas, like logos and graphic design. If these sellers want to get sales, they would be better off figuring out how to make their gigs stand out from the other over 160,000 gigs that offer the same service.

All of those who have commented here would be better off reading this thread.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/229153-stop-listening-to-bad-advice/

And this!

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/229153-stop-listening-to-bad-advice/?do=findComment&comment=1357441

On 11/19/2020 at 10:15 AM, vickiespencer said:

I have been a Level 2 seller for 3 years. I have never done any of the things you “advise” other sellers to do. Yet, I have over 1,300 reviews and have completed over 1,600 orders.

Maybe you did once. But I just looked again; you are not in the first 5 pages. Plus, I see you had one order 5 days ago and one order 2 months ago. Before that, your orders are from over 4 months ago.

I understood all of your words. Understanding people who do not have English as their first language is a specialty of mine. I have a gig to proofread writing done by ESL writers.

You are the one who should be aware of what you write. You come here and give poor advice to new sellers who thank you for your advice because they are grasping at straws and do not know what else to do.

The truth is that Fiverr has doubled and even tripled the number of gigs in some areas, like logos and graphic design. If these sellers want to get sales, they would be better off figuring out how to make their gigs stand out from the other over 160,000 gigs that offer the same service.

All of those who have commented here would be better off reading this thread.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/229153-stop-listening-to-bad-advice/

And this!

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/229153-stop-listening-to-bad-advice/?do=findComment&comment=1357441

I’m exhausted just reading this. 👏 @vickiespencer 

I would like to tag every person that said, “Thanks for this valuable information” and tell them it is not and that they should ignore it.

Personally I only listen to regular Fiverr forum people who are known for giving good advice aswell as a good Fiverr sellers , All like @vickiespencer because I can trust that she is giving good advice. Agree with everything @vickiespencer said ! I am a bit of a new seller so I enjoy when regulars people reply telling how good the source is cause it lets other new sellers what to trust and not trust .

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I was on twitter deck and I made a “mistake” by searching #Fiverr tag.
I noticed same guy keep coming in over and over.

image.thumb.png.8ecfd7657c945185009930ce00b95617.png
image608×1232 194 KB

But his account is no longer active and all the links are dead, and yet “he” keeps posting every hour 3-10 times.
I guess this is some kind of automatization set by some program and he just let it run infinitively.

His tweets are just same text over and over for months. 200000 tweets? Is that social media marketing?

I am interested to hear what other freelancers will say about this. I have been in fiverr for well over a year now, and in that period, I have found it unnecessary to advertise myself on social media because I don’t see people who are interested in the kind of services I offer. The ones who I think are interested often end up to be jokers or people who are looking for shot cuts. For this reason, I have always relied or referrals and good ratings to get me clients, so far so good. The experience could be different with other people though 😀

I don’t promote myself on Social Media anymore.

Here’s why:

On Twitter…many of my followers are bots. They don’t spend money.

On Facebook…many of my followers are friends. They don’t need my service.

On LinkedIn…many of my followers are business professionals. None of them need my services.

On Instagram…many of my followers are friends. They don’t need my services.

Do you see a pattern here?

Combined, I have well over 10,000 followers.

I used to own a small town newspaper. Classified advertising worked because the people who read those ads were looking for items listed in them. Fiverr is a giant classified ad section where Buyers can search through pages of Sellers offering different services. You don’t need to promote yourself anywhere other than here.

Gig Promote means you will get orders from social media. there are no specific social media for doing that. you can take any one media for your promotion but remember it will be for long time. which media you will choose, you must know their promotion(post) type, using taqs, Hashtaq, Links etc. if you properly use any media for long time you will get orders. I am personally use (Instagram Last 1 year) & i getting multiple orders from there.

“high class” and “social media” should not appear in the same sentence, unless used like this as an example, why? Oxymorons.

Cognitive dissonance can only ever lead to stress.

I like @looseink’s approach as I learned a long time ago that people on social media spend time, not money.

My social media accounts total zero.

I’d rather put effort into making my own site, and my own payment platform, more available to people who are searching me out with the intent of spending, there’s no point in targeting people who are generally speaking looking at cat pictures and expressing how much they love their mum / gran / sister etc…

When my site is polished, and my profiles everywhere are live, then I’ll get into real networking by picking up the phone, no twitfacedlinkogram nonsense for me thanks.

Technically, I suppose this place is a form of social media, though honestly I view the posts here mainly as a crash course of how not to freelance; there are exceptions, but that seems to be the rule.

I tried it, because people who add me on social media are usually people who like my drawings or want me to draw something for them. The thing is, this didn’t bring me any sells on Fiverr. Most of those followers don’t have a Fiverr account and don’t want to make one just for that. So I get private message on those social platform for jobs, but none of my buyers on Fiverr comes from those social media platform.

Archived