Hilarious use of Social Media

mariokluser

you can share your gig on social media, but in an appropriate way...and what is the way? create an environment where you will have your targeted audience...You can search for targeted people get connected with them...then it will be fruitful to share on social media I guess...it is my way of thinking it may vary...

Of course you don't want to share it in social media with only friends and family right?? 

Thanks if you do understand..

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because people are desperate and will follow any easily actionable suggestion, even if it's pointless or counter productive. It's very easy to ask for tips, read "share gig on social media", and do it. It's also stupid, but damn, it's easy.

Fiverr pushed for it in the beginning, as it's an easy way to get free marketing done for their platform with zero effort on their part. Sweet deal, huh? People promote your platform, and you take 20% from all the money they make on it from the clients they themselves bring in. Sounds lovely. For Fiverr. Genius - you pay me 20% of all you make, and you also advertise for me, for free. For the people doing it, sounds like they are too dumb to realise they can market directly, handle the clients themselves, and not pay 20%. Whatever.

Unfortunately, (most) people are morons, so they are very good at following concrete instructions but very bad at thinking about them for five minutes. Meksells with no skills started bombarding every possible social media site with spam advertising their crappy gigs, to the point where multiple platforms (specially twitter) outright banned promoting Fiverr gigs, because they didn't want their platform turned into a yard sale for desperate, unskilled, spammers.

Fiverr is a fairly simple platform really. Even when you listen to the super-secret, very expensive Fiverr-themed courses, they don't say too much more than what you'll find in the Seller Help Center. Ultimately, to succeed on this site as a seller, you need a minumum of three things: a tonne of skill, a well made gig, and the patience to deal with the ups and downs of a freelancing platform.

The problem is, lots of people fall short when it comes to one or more of those things, and they try to compensate for that with magic tricks, such as staying online 24/7 and spamming social media.

On 7/13/2021 at 2:40 PM, prava_smrite said:

Why do everyone says to share gigs on social media for getting order??

share my gigs on facebook,Instagram & LinkedIn

These are not good advice. It will waste your time. Social media won’t necessarily help you reach your target buyers.

9 hours ago, visualstudios said:

Unfortunately, (most) people are morons, so they are very good at following concrete instructions but very bad at thinking about them for five minutes.rs.

This is the explanation for most of the things here.

If you have a big social media infulance, idk like  20k followers or something. Yes, share it. But the thing is, you wouldnt need fiverr if you had 20k followers probbly.

Other than that, showing your gig to your cousins and friend's account wont get you any order. Sharing it on anywhere wont get you order unless you really know what you are doing.

Please dont build hopes upon social media sharing and being active on forums. Its not gonna get you anywhere

Just now, irtifa_sarwath said:

Basically we share our gigs on social media so that we can improve our gig's impression. 

Nope. That's not how impressions work. Impressions are only gained -- on Fiverr -- when someone searches for gigs like yours, and your gig shows up in the search results. It is impossible to earn impressions by promoting your gig on social media.

On 7/14/2021 at 7:46 AM, techspark_pro said:

Yep. You are absolutely right. Fiverr always say it.

I have been there and spent some dollars to even boost my gig on social sites didn't make difference.  If people doesn't have something to do sharing on any other platform is worth try but nothing to obsessed about. 

Im not agreed with these guys, because your social media, their are no buyer exist. these are full with your foamily and friends and they are not your customer. yes you can gain your gigs impression but it was not organic impression.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:23 AM, anwer_bijoy said:

Because fiver says promote your gigs on social media.

They don't promote you.

they do promote you , if you are regular  on pinterest , you will notice your gig images there linked with your fiverr profile and any one can reach you from that image , some times your gig images are mistakenly used to represent some other sellers as well but no issues as fiverr have the rights to use your portfolio images to promote fiverr platform and its services 

3 minutes ago, shadiya646 said:

BADGES🔰

Yes, but why would they care (or even know) about that? If I was making $0 on Fiverr, I wouldn't care nearly as much for the platform, and would not be interested in the forums. I got interested after I started seeing some success. Otherwise I would have to spend hours in the forums for every service/opportunity I come across online (they all have badges to earn!), and no human has time for that. Are all these people also spamming mindlessly on upwork's forums, freelancer forums, reddit, etc.? Because I feel the situation is just worse here.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:33 AM, shadiya646 said:

BADGES🔰

Guess they never saw the Clint Eastwood movie (True Grit?) and the line:

"We don't need no stinkin badges!"

On 7/17/2021 at 9:36 AM, visualstudios said:

I feel the situation is just worse here.

I think the situation got worse when this new forum and the shiny badges of honor were introduced. In the old forum, near the end, anyways, there was the posts advising to be "active on Fiverr forum"... well, now, they have a reason to be "active" I guess and think it will lead to something happening as far as making money. They equate the badges with being TRS on the site perhaps. Joke is on them though.

GG

Archived