Hilarious use of Social Media

mariokluser

And you pay for that? The ads?

The whole purpose why I joined Facebook (business site only) was because I was told it is free marketing.

I want to see how this works first. My goal is to reach level 1 seller by 15.07.2020.

I am so close.

I believe facebook marketing is only free if you can bring your audience to you (through youtube for example) and your audience engages with your content but if you have no audience you have to “pay for views” so to say.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/12/2020 at 8:59 AM, janali said:

I believe facebook marketing is only free if you can bring your audience to you (through youtube for example) and your audience engages with your content but if you have no audience you have to “pay for views” so to say.

YES! And this works perfectly for me and my Real business. I have demand there, I have “audience” and basically all this Fiverr freelance thing is me relaxing in between working my real job.

I often think about how can grown man play video games, while in my case, that’s Fiverr for me. We all need some distraction after work.

Of course, unless you make so much on Fiverr you can quit everything else, but that is very rare. 

On 7/12/2020 at 9:00 AM, marinapomorac said:

YES! And this works perfectly for me and my Real business. I have demand there, I have “audience” and basically all this Fiverr freelance thing is me relaxing in between working my real job.

I often think about how can grown man play video games, while in my case, that’s Fiverr for me. We all need some distraction after work.

Of course, unless you make so much on Fiverr you can quit everything else, but that is very rare.

More power to you! I’m working on a little etsy shop in my freetime but just thinking about doing this whole marketing charade is just… I never really know where to start 😃 

On 7/12/2020 at 9:04 AM, janali said:

I never really know where to start

I never really know where to start

That waits for me in the future, the same problem. So far I was doing marketing here and there, nothing really serious, but once my patent device is finished and I officially start to sell it, I will have to get really serious about it.

I invested so much money in it. Just world wide patent application cost me 5000$. And the prototype molds… On any given day I just want to call it quits and cancel everything and then I get more and more in just on a hope it will be a successful product once it hits the market globally. 

On 7/12/2020 at 9:08 AM, marinapomorac said:

That waits for me in the future, the same problem. So far I was doing marketing here and there, nothing really serious, but once my patent device is finished and I officially start to sell it, I will have to get really serious about it.

I invested so much money in it. Just world wide patent application cost me 5000$. And the prototype molds… On any given day I just want to call it quits and cancel everything and then I get more and more in just on a hope it will be a successful product once it hits the market globally.

That’s crazy 😭 Do you know how you can calculate your final purchase price and break-even-point with your costs? Because I would most definitely add the patent application costs into that calculation later when the final product is ready. 

On 7/12/2020 at 9:13 AM, janali said:

break-even-point 

For me in this case it will depend on the market and did I really invented something that people need.

Basically my invention was created after I tried to purchase something and everyone told me that is not possible and that device with that capability doesn’t exist. So my logic was, why not, it is easy. So I created a sketch, apply for a patent and I got local approval, now I am waiting for international while the company in China is making a prototype.

All this time I am counting this is a huge waste of my money but I will feel some minor satisfaction to have my invention in my arms fully functional and working. No one can take that away from me.

If the product becomes successful I will break even quickly. But the trick here is to be smart about marketing, promotion, timing.

I was supposed to launch my new business and that product in April, but due to Covid, everything is postponed. 

On 7/12/2020 at 9:16 AM, marinapomorac said:

For me in this case it will depend on the market and did I really invented something that people need.

Basically my invention was created after I tried to purchase something and everyone told me that is not possible and that device with that capability doesn’t exist. So my logic was, why not, it is easy. So I created a sketch, apply for a patent and I got local approval, now I am waiting for international while the company in China is making a prototype.

All this time I am counting this is a huge waste of my money but I will feel some minor satisfaction to have my invention in my arms fully functional and working. No one can take that away from me.

If the product becomes successful I will break even quickly. But the trick here is to be smart about marketing, promotion, timing.

I was supposed to launch my new business and that product in April, but due to Covid, everything is postponed.

Ah I see, well maybe then this is a great time to try and see if you can do some market research or target customer analysis that you can base your marketing on. I’m afraid just getting someone on fiverr to market it on their channels may not be the right way to do it 😂 

On 7/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, janali said:

I’m afraid just getting someone on fiverr to market it on their channels may not be the right way to do it

The original post, my Fiverr activity, and this YT channel are fun-haha results of boredom after first 10 days in quarantine.

I could not do anything since company in China stopped working, a company in my country also stopped working and I was playing on the computer creating logos… and one thing led to another I signed up on Fiverr as the seller.

Let’s say I want to approach Fiverr seriously 20% and my real job 80%.

So the Youtube videos above are result of my 1 hour of playing in new software I purchased, it is a program for explainer videos and typography. It was on sale, and I love to buy Softwares on sale.

I have found that the best way to get a lot of eyes on your YouTube channel while you have a low subscriber count is through the use of Google Ads.

Though, then you might as well just use Facebook Ads to send customers straight to your Fiverr page.

What I love is that I have 40 offers and no views on any of my videos.

I bet they didn’t even read the request.

I don’t know if you can edit BR’s after posting them, but you could ask them to leave a comment under the videos to verify that they’ve had a look at the videos and read the request properly 😃

I don’t know if you can edit BR’s after posting them, but you could ask them to leave a comment under the videos to verify that they’ve had a look at the videos and read the request properly 😃

No, that would not be right since that could be considered as fishing for comments. Plus, I am not actually interested to get them to comment on my videos.

I have two sellers with credibility so I will use them to promote two separate videos.

I am really intrigued by what will happen.

I guess I will have two videos with 1000 views and rest 16 with no views… hahahah nothing suspicious there YouTube, look away.

image.png.8d44266ff383359b12b398a875b23e3d.png

I love how they like to inform me they will not work for that budget while in the same time Level 2 and TRS are working at $5 same task, no problems.

Just for reference here is the BEFORE Fiverr GIG promotion purchase status:

image.thumb.jpg.512d3dfe572f86fcabb2794d92f35d0e.jpg
image1295×632 459 KB

I have magnificent 4 subscribers, how, I do not know.

Waiting image.png.16b66468e607d894fc9e465d607b9714.png
Since I started this because of what happened to you.

@marinapomorac since you did receive your fair share of bad BR responses now and probably a bunch of new sellers are looking into this, would you be able to tell how a response should be written that it would have caught your attention for these requests?
Maybe some people here could learn something from that.

@marinapomorac since you did receive your fair share of bad BR responses now and probably a bunch of new sellers are looking into this, would you be able to tell how a response should be written that it would have caught your attention for these requests?

Maybe some people here could learn something from that.

Well,

I can tell you what made me erase their offer in a heartbeat.

SIR - is first since I clearly identified my self as Marina and my profile image is my female face.

Short messages like “I can do it” when I clearly asked to tell me how much audience and what can I expect for this budget.

I deleted all offers above 30$. Now I should make a note here that the budget of 5 does seem small but when you have TRS offering to promote your video to 1000 audience for 5, I do not see 5 as small.

If I went on the Video promotion category and discover that TRS and level 2 are working for minimum X, I would set my BR at X value.

But, interesting, I contacted two sellers with the biggest reviews, one I hired after 5 minutes, the other one is not going to get anything from me because the communication is not to my level of professionalism I expect from someone on his level.

So, only one video promotion is purchased so far.

On 7/12/2020 at 10:45 AM, janali said:

would you be able to tell how a response should be written that it would have caught your attention for these requests?

Maybe an update of @gina_riley2’s post?

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/128021-buyers-request-could-be-a-goldmine-instead-its-missed-opportunities-for-buyers-and-sellers/

I am utterly convinced people DO NOT read buyers requests at all or I do not know what is happening.

image.png.5f4f33a18aa7c356b60615091ea79118.png
image.png.0ac4663df2aeb9e5cead95e7e9b8c201.png
image.png.9d04df8b78f4246dad801ce3e984b4b6.png
image.png.f27c0c9fa1b4ce88add1631a920a8896.png

I would be the lowest of the low if I just accept their offer and then when they discovered shocking 100 for $5 to cancel the order.

So far nothing is happening on my YouTube channel, it has been 12 hours since my promotion purchase on Fiverr.

My analytics dashboard is interesting

image.thumb.png.744b49cf60022698c944931f5bea9282.png
image1292×466 13.4 KB

I just hope my YT channel doesn’t suffer from this because this is pure G____age!

My statistics in 10 minutes showed 2600 views, nothing before or after that.

image.png.df214143f7a48db7e7befc51474a672f.png
image929×620 48.3 KB

It is visible on Youtube studio but in reality, I have no views.

From zero to 2600 in 10 minutes and seller claims this is organic and according to TOS.

image.thumb.jpg.989938b06da28e764a7cab0a59003114.jpg
image1301×625 437 KB

On 7/13/2020 at 7:10 AM, marinapomorac said:

I just hope my YT channel doesn’t suffer from this because this is pure G____age!

My statistics in 10 minutes showed 2600 views, nothing before or after that.

It is visible on Youtube studio but in reality, I have no views.

From zero to 2600 in 10 minutes and seller claims this is organic and according to TOS.

You won’t get punished unless it is fake viewers created by an army of bots (which it very much seems to be). If it is from running Google Ads, though, you can get views like crazy in a few minutes and then it will drop off. It sure looks very suspicious, though - even crazier than Google Ads. To me, it definitely looks like bots. 🙂 

Archived