Hilarious use of Social Media

mariokluser

On 1/5/2021 at 7:48 PM, looseink said:

I don’t promote myself on Social Media anymore. Here’s why:

On Twitter…many of my followers are bots. They don’t spend money.

On Facebook…many of my followers are friends. They don’t need my service.

On LinkedIn…many of my followers are business professionals. None of them need my services.

On Instagram…many of my followers are friends. They don’t need my services.

Do you see a pattern here?

Combined, I have well over 10,000 followers.

I used to own a small town newspaper. Classified advertising worked because the people who read those ads were looking for items listed in them. Fiverr is a giant classified ad section where Buyers can search through pages of Sellers offering different services. You don’t need to promote yourself anywhere other than here.

I’ve had a similar experience with social media. I have over 3000 followers on Twitter, yet most are either bots or ghosts. The ones that do respond to anything are generally those I’d consider friends, and therefore not requiring my (paid) services. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/6/2021 at 4:54 AM, janeeditor said:

I have over 3000 followers on Twitter, yet most are either bots or ghosts. 

I’ve got almost 2,000 on the account related to Fiverr, and most of them are desperate Fiverr sellers who try to spam me (until I report them and block them). 

I see some people bring too rude while they are claiming that they are in a better position, but yet they don’t bother to share their valuable tips on how they reached that level.

But just by bullying another person who is sharing tips on how new sellers can utilize their accessible resources to get a bit of exposure.
NB: Promoting and Spamming is not the same. I hope the experts also know this.

I’m no expert, but as you guys are claiming, I will love to see a lot of value coming from you in this forum.

Expecting no arguments, just shared my viewpoint on this.

On 1/10/2021 at 12:26 PM, nijhoom said:

I see some people bring too rude while they are claiming that they are in a better position, but yet they don’t bother to share their valuable tips on how they reached that level.

But just by bullying another person who is sharing tips on how new sellers can utilize their accessible resources to get a bit of exposure.

There is no bullying going on here. If you put something out for the public to see, you should be ready for it to be criticized. You don’t get a pat on the back just for participating if your contribution isn’t valuable.

And you mention that you want the “rude users” giving their own tips and bring more value to the forum? Alright… Maybe if you actually read the forum instead of only the newest clickbait shiny post, you would see that those same users (who you call rude and bullies) have years of valuable contributions.

Also, you are a freelancer. Do your own research. You are not owed someone spoon-feeding you information.

On 1/10/2021 at 12:26 PM, nijhoom said:

The problem here is that there are no “valuable tips” to share. I’ve been saying this over and over again. There’s no secret sauce.

Want to be successful? Offer something that has demand, and be more attractive than the competition. That’s all there is. Nothing else. Does that help? Not really - if you ain’t good, you won’t become good just because you “learn” you have to be good to be successful.

The problem here is that we have a ton of talentless hacks trying to make a quick buck. It won’t work.

Can you communicate well in English? If not, don’t come here and expect success until you do. If it takes you 2 years to learn English, you can start two years from now.

Can you do whatever it is you’re selling professionally? If you can’t, become a professional first (and that can take years), and only then come here and start selling.

If you just want to sell some slightly modified canva templates, you’re not going anywhere and no tips will ever help you.

If you are a graphic designer that displays hideous images in your profile (no clue about colors, fonts, composition, etc), you won’t get anywhere. Good taste isn’t something you can learn easily, either you have it or you don’t. Most don’t.

If you are a writer / translator / editor and you have typos and weird phrasing in your gigs / bio / FAQ’s, nobody is going to hire you.

If you have no business acumen (“getting” what works or not), we can’t help. A lot of this should be intuition, common sense. If you don’t have it, we can’t help.

Being here as a successful seller sometimes is a bit like being a doctor walking down the street and being approached by beggars asking you what’s your secret to be a doctor, because they all want to make doctor money. Guess what? Go to med school. You’re not qualified to be a doctor. And it’s not something I can teach you, because you don’t have the requirements to even understand it. And then that beggar is approached by 10 other beggars giving tips on how to be a doctor. And then all the beggars get on a circle repeating “thanks for the valuable information” to each other. And of course not one of them will become a doctor, so I really have no idea what they are all thanking themselves for.

It’s insane. 

I don’t get why this kind of stuff doesn’t get considered as spam. All the useful comments gets lost in this sea of “thank you” and “you’re welcome”. It’s just so this Thread keeps staying on the top of the “latest” section that the OP keeps responding, otherwise clicking on the little “heart” would suffice. It’s really annoying.

On 1/15/2021 at 6:07 PM, zreine said:

“you’re welcome”. 

If he wants to respond to every single message, he should at least know how to spell it right. Look at the quoted message from @zreine , OP. That is how you spell it. If you haven’t muted us then someone might just learn something from this thread after all. 

On 1/11/2021 at 7:00 PM, visualstudios said:

The problem here is that there are no “valuable tips” to share. I’ve been saying this over and over again. There’s no secret sauce.

Want to be successful? Offer something that has demand, and be more attractive than the competition. That’s all there is. Nothing else. Does that help? Not really - if you ain’t good, you won’t become good just because you “learn” you have to be good to be successful.

The problem here is that we have a ton of talentless hacks trying to make a quick buck. It won’t work.

Can you communicate well in English? If not, don’t come here and expect success until you do. If it takes you 2 years to learn English, you can start two years from now.

Can you do whatever it is you’re selling professionally? If you can’t, become a professional first (and that can take years), and only then come here and start selling.

If you just want to sell some slightly modified canva templates, you’re not going anywhere and no tips will ever help you.

If you are a graphic designer that displays hideous images in your profile (no clue about colors, fonts, composition, etc), you won’t get anywhere. Good taste isn’t something you can learn easily, either you have it or you don’t. Most don’t.

If you are a writer / translator / editor and you have typos and weird phrasing in your gigs / bio / FAQ’s, nobody is going to hire you.

If you have no business acumen (“getting” what works or not), we can’t help. A lot of this should be intuition, common sense. If you don’t have it, we can’t help.

Being here as a successful seller sometimes is a bit like being a doctor walking down the street and being approached by beggars asking you what’s your secret to be a doctor, because they all want to make doctor money. Guess what? Go to med school. You’re not qualified to be a doctor. And it’s not something I can teach you, because you don’t have the requirements to even understand it. And then that beggar is approached by 10 other beggars giving tips on how to be a doctor. And then all the beggars get on a circle repeating “thanks for the valuable information” to each other. And of course not one of them will become a doctor, so I really have no idea what they are all thanking themselves for.

It’s insane. 

From now on you seriously have my respect… This is the exact thing I wanted to tell everybody here spamming thank you for the information…

The way you said the whole thing it’s just a smack on the face without even hurting the other person…

About the post, this is for the OP :- Thank you for the most invaluable and a useless post 

• 1 month later...

Seems to me that some people are heavily promoted on Fiverr and others simply don’t appear. I’ve seen shocking adverts but these people still seem to get higher placement regardless or editor pick. The top sellers will continue to be chosen and everyone else will just be wasting their time, simple as that. This site favouritizes certain sellers, this I know having checked buyer view lots of times. My advert is no different from any high seller, nor are my keywords or titles, so it seems whatever you do, the top sellers who have been on here longer will get all the work. Can see me leaving very soon. In all honest I fail to see the attraction of this site, they don’t promote you, they expect you to promote yourself on social media, then get the person to buy on here!? Well, surely it makes more sense to promote your own sales on social media rather than filter if through Fiverr so that they can take a cut. So all we’re doing is promoting Fiverr across social media.

I think you’ve also forgotten that since COVID arrived, the numbers here have swollen to insane proportions.

If you feel you are wasting your time here, then you are better off going and finding something else to do.

I only use Fiverr as a part-time source of income (about 30% of my revenue) and have been freelancing full-time since 2016.

You don’t get work handed to you just because you joined Fiverr.

It’s like any other job…you have to work at it.

Some freelancers can do that.

Some freelancers can’t or won’t.

It’s up to you which type of freelancer you are.

Good luck.

I have absolutely NO social media presence. Not a fan of the entire concept, even though I see the potential to effectively synergize it with a business. I don’t do anything offsite of Fiverr to promote my activity on Fiverr. If I started, would it help? Maybe, maybe not; but it is false to believe that all the top successful sellers on Fiverr devote any time or effort to “promoting Fiverr across social media.”

I haven’t set the freelancing world on fire, but in almost a years time on the platform with no social media or advertising effort (and even with the boom of competing sellers due to the pandemic) I’ve accumulated just about 150 orders. If I wasn’t on Fiverr, I wouldn’t have acquired those 150 orders.

My gig impressions are almost always poor and my clicks are very limited, but that still hasn’t stopped buyers from finding me someway, somehow. I didn’t come into Fiverr feeling entitled that the platform should shoot me to the moon with orders. I came in thinking, “This probably won’t work out, but what the hell. Let’s give it a shot.”

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else seeing the link spam that some fiverr users place on newsfeeds with high readership?

Reading the replies to news headline posts on a newspaper’s social media feed there is often a rogue fiverr seller in there using the reply function to spam their gig. I know fiverr has suffered from the fake review issue with fewer orders now than previously, but this is not going to help the brand’s reputation either, is it? It’ll just put buyers off and drive them to the competition.

I report all these posts, mainly because I don’t want to see ‘I will do your logo’ on a social media post linking to something about the pandemic or a foreign leader. Doesn’t seem to be any way to get these chancers banned from the site though.

At different times, Fiverr links have been banned from Quora and Reddit. The spam is what many sellers have been doing when they say “I promote my gig on social media”.
The only way to stop these types of users is educating them but realistically that’s not going to happen as most don’t want to spend the time to learn.

• 2 months later...

no, It is not right. It depend on your budget and seller. a good seller does not offer bot view with low budget.

I my practical experience, cost per view by google ad is about 0.05. so you should offer best price and make sure before order( not get bot view)

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, coderboss said:

How to share my gig url on social media.

Thanks for asking the question. You can share your gig on social media platforms. So, in this case, you need to choose which gig you want to share and then copy the gig's shareable link and choose your social media platform where you want to share and create a new post with the link.

Why do everyone says to share gigs on social media for getting order??

★ share my gigs on facebook,Instagram & LinkedIn, i didn't get any order.

If there don't exist any tergated customer in my social media, how will i get order from it?

Have any tips or clear idea about it?? Please kindly explain this. 

Thanks in advance ❤️

Archived