Don't lie about your location [ARCHIVED]

ronhi85

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s “technically” not lying. This I say, because there’s nowhere on your fiverr profile where you get to include your sex. So, if you are confused by a picture… 😀…you are on your own.

But, honestly, it goes to show that people really prefer to patronize females on the platform. This explains why most decide to use female pictures (or names), without outrightly saying they are female…oops!😋

I am just a female silkworm.

Screen-Shot-2013-03-07-at-9_18.51-AM.png.f766c89528f726d662d14f9b8b715bc3.png

I saw a profile of a blonde white girl from Pakistan offering professional content writing services, 3000 words for 5$.

She even mentions in her sales pitch “I mek all efforts to please cliant. Cliant satesfection is my first goal”

What could possibly go wrong?

I’ve seen a cute looking Asian girl who says she’s a native Japanese living in Japan but her profile says she’s in Pakistan, she offers English/Japanese translations which means she needs to be fluent in both languages, but her English grammar is terrible, and a while ago someone sent her a message asking her a question in Japanese, and she responded in broken English.

Wooooow, what could possibly go wrong? 😅

BTW, didn’t we have those little flag icons next to our names back then?

Is it really necessary to report them? I mean, is there any need for that? if they have good reviews and provide quality service. you could probably just walk away. No?

Not if they’re stating that they’re native speakers of English (generally with "5 years of experience) but are mediocre at best.

As already stated, it’s misleading and harmful to the site, and it’s unfair to other sellers who are being punished and penalized by buyers seeing too many liars and so leave because Fiverr now looks like an unprofessional and spammy site.

Lying is wrong. Lying is unprofessional.

Don’t lie. Especially when there’s no need.

I wonder if they lie about their sex or picture is even real???

Their pictures are generally just bought off of sites like Shuttershock. I never buy from sellers with these pretend photos of “hot women” since to me, it’s misleading and a form of lying (and, as a woman, I find it quite insulting). Just copy their picture and paste it into Google Images, and you’ll find the site they bought (or stole) it from.

forecasrlife

I am originally from India but a US citizen now. However I was in Switzerland when I joined FIVERR.

So Fiverr shows my location as Switzerland. I think the buyer/seller has no control on this and so cannot understand where the question of lieing about location arises.

Further I do not know whether location affects number of orders one gets. This depends upon the quality of your work. I have just six orders in five months till now. It is OK.

As long as you don’t state to have lived in the US your entire life, and maybe if you also admit to people that you are originally from India, there’s no lying going on. But your language skills here are good enough that the subject will probably never be broached anyway. 🙂

I would say 80% of the pictures here on Fiverr are fake. I have even seen one tutorial on Udemy where a tutor encouraged people to use fake female profile picture because according to him it will increase your SELL . 🙂

I would say 80% of the pictures here on Fiverr are fake. I have even seen one tutorial on Udemy where a tutor encouraged people to use fake female profile picture because according to him it will increase your SELL . 🙂

increase your sale

I think you meant sell.

Some say they are native Americans but are just in Pakistan “on holiday”. I’ve never heard a native American use the phrase “on holiday” nor would many travel to Pakistan for a vacation.

native Americans

Do you mean these guys?

red-indian.jpg.5395ab8a065405fa785b4c8ac232b3f5.jpg

p.s

LOL, that’s a interesting back story tho…

When i realized fiverr puts your country flag by location next to your Avatar, i was happy because im flying my country’s flag high. All the way from South Africa providing a service to someone in Denmark ,putting a smile in their face for providing to them a service they need. It’s more than just making a $5 Sale. Those hiding (for some obvious reasons) their location must wake up!

I’m from South Africa too 🙂

I realized people are just looking for sellers who can speak English, they don’t really care which country you’re from, sometimes they even ask me what South Africa is like.

I’m from South Africa too 🙂

I realized people are just looking for sellers who can speak English, they don’t really care which country you’re from, sometimes they even ask me what South Africa is like.

I’m from South Africa too

Of All, the English accents that I have experienced, I personally think a female South African speaking English is one of the most sexiest!😉

they even ask me what South Africa is like

They: What is South Africa Like?

You: It’s upside down

They: Huh…What??

You: When you guys have winter, we have summer!😎

I’m from South Africa too

Of All, the English accents that I have experienced, I personally think a female South African speaking English is one of the most sexiest!😉

they even ask me what South Africa is like

They: What is South Africa Like?

You: It’s upside down

They: Huh…What??

You: When you guys have winter, we have summer!😎

LOL well thank you, djgodknows.

To be honest I don’t have that accent. I grew up with too many cartoons and now I have an Afrikaans/American/British accent all in one. Whenever I meet someone new they ask me where I’m from. When I say Johannesburg they look confused and ask where I’m from originally 😛

LOL well thank you, djgodknows.

To be honest I don’t have that accent. I grew up with too many cartoons and now I have an Afrikaans/American/British accent all in one. Whenever I meet someone new they ask me where I’m from. When I say Johannesburg they look confused and ask where I’m from originally 😛

When I say Johannesburg they look confused

Then tell them it’s right next to St. Petersburg… :rolling_eyes:

@mzie88: Aweosme to see people repping South Africa! That’s where my dad was born, and I plan on visiting someday.

I don’t discriminate against which country you’re from, but like others have said, if you’re lying then that’s an instant turn-off.

@bolharr2250 That’s great ,hope to see you when you visit South Africa. Indeed it’s a turn off when one lies about their location, also it makes the service they deliver questionable.

Some say they are native Americans but are just in Pakistan “on holiday”. I’ve never heard a native American use the phrase “on holiday” nor would many travel to Pakistan for a vacation.

A team of Navy SEALS did travel to Pakistan for a vacation once, and even brought back a souvenir.

Yes, I have same experience with one person.

I order my logo from Poland Guy after few days he change its real country pakistan and photo

Yes, I have same experience with one person.

I order my logo from Poland Guy after few days he change its real country pakistan and photo

That sucks! Hope he did a good job though?

Agreed. I still don’t understand why they lie?

I think it is because most clients, especially those looking for content, prefer working with native english speakers

As a buyer, sometimes I look to the location in order to see if the are native speakers o not. Unfortunately someone lies about their location, their level of English and their skills.

A big shoutout to everyone lying about their locations, I look forward to when Fiverr places attention on you all.

Meanwhile, I have a question though. What happens if I relocate from a country to another, say from the UK to Spain to live happily ever after? 😋

Archived