Don't lie about your location [ARCHIVED]

ronhi85

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fb_dami

Hi,
As a seller it is a waste of cheating our buyers. And as I know, fiverr applications also recognize the correct country if someone use it when GPS is switched on.

Thanks

Agreed. I still don’t understand why they lie?

Probably because of biases towards people from different geographical locations. This has been researched by a freelancing site too. Like buyers are willing to pay higher to people residing in US but wont be so generous when dealing with an Indian.

Do you really ask the sellers where are they from? don’t you just check their portfolios…

I don’t think it matters that much where the seller is from except for translation, transcription… related works, where being a native speaker might matter or give a competitive edge.

Otherwise, if you deliver in a high quality and get many positive reviews, you will get more orders wherever you are from.

Another problem located to fake location, is fake profile pics, I have seen sellers from Asian and African countries posting a well polished photograph of a white man/women that is obvious they picked it from google, they might think if the buyers see a European/us person, they are most likely to buy from them, except that the picture looks totally fake.

I agree with your posts @ronhi85. Even if you pay someone else to write your profile and gig descriptions, it will fall apart when the buyer makes contact. I’ve caught on to people over tiny slips. If their profile says USA but I contact them and they call me “dear” or write something off like “from 3 days” I immediately catch on.

Even if their service looks good and I understand their writing, once I find someone lying I don’t buy and I do report them to CS. It’s honorable that you are honest. I admire every seller I see who is honest about origin even though it slows their first few sales. After the ball gets rolling, you’ll still get orders.

@fonthaunt lol! “from 3 days”? I hope you were not looking to hire a content writer.

Guest krmilu

I am from Bangladesh & i put my country name exactly when i made my fiverr profile but now my country name showing as ‘‘France’’. In this situation how can showing my country name as Bangladesh instead of France ?

@rumikaoserremon contact with fiverr customer support and tell them about your problem. They will solve you hopefully.

I didn’t plan to lie, but I recently moved from one country to another and can’t find the way to change the location in my profile! Probably I have to ask the support (changed the location in settings already, but it didn’t change anything)

The same to me, but I never moved: my (little) country, Uruguay, never

showed up in Fiverr´s automatic location and I appear to be “from Argentina”, something that I clearly never stated. Where can I reach support? 😦

The same to me, but I never moved: my (little) country, Uruguay, never

showed up in Fiverr´s automatic location and I appear to be “from Argentina”, something that I clearly never stated. Where can I reach support? 😦

appear

The same to me: my (little) country, Uruguay, never

showed up in Fiverr´s automatic and I appear to be “from Argentina”, something that I clearly never stated. Where can we reach support? 😦

I used to work under the US flay untill few moths ago. But whenever a client asked me where do I come from, am I really american seller, I told them that I come from Macedonia.

My account was created when I used to live in the US and that’s why I got my US flag. But now for more than couple of months I work under the Macedonian flag.

Believe it or not, they get more orders than they would have gotten if they had used their home countries.
Coliques from my home town for instance have advised me to do the same, but lieing is one of my attributes.
Someone said they will still perform less than their counterparts in Europe, I disagree with that, even in writing of articles, most of my coligue (from my country) will give you better articles why, because education is more stressful here, and expensive so, only a microscopic few will school not to learn.
Above all, I’m not in support of liers, because if they have been telling the truth with the great work they are doing, I bet others will be using NIGERIA’S IP in order to get orders /survive on fiverr.
I smile 🙂in green and white.
One people, great Nation.

Do you really ask the sellers where are they from? don’t you just check their portfolios…

I don’t think it matters that much where the seller is from except for translation, transcription… related works, where being a native speaker might matter or give a competitive edge.

Otherwise, if you deliver in a high quality and get many positive reviews, you will get more orders wherever you are from.

Another problem located to fake location, is fake profile pics, I have seen sellers from Asian and African countries posting a well polished photograph of a white man/women that is obvious they picked it from google, they might think if the buyers see a European/us person, they are most likely to buy from them, except that the picture looks totally fake.

I guess they are after countries and not quality

Archived