Communication is the key to success!

homeestates

You are absolutely correct there. Communication is already very important if there’s a deal between two people who are meeting in person. What that deal goes online, it becomes even more important to make sure communication is top notch since it is the only way to guarantee smooth progress. And communication does wonders for sellers and buyers alike. I have seen it for myself.

• Like 11

• 1 year later...
On 9/14/2021 at 5:56 AM, itsfaisall said:

Fiverr clients who message you should be treated with respect.

I don't disagree with your comment, but I question if such basic things are really needing explanation. Imagine you own a grocery store, a guy comes in, don't throw oranges at his kids or call his wife fat.  Some things should be common sense, no? Even funnier are the people who are thanking for this new, ground shaking advice, to not to treat people poorly. Good lord. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 28

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Most of the time it seems that we fail to understand the main goal of the project. This serious issue should not be avoided in any way. Especially when it is seen that the client is looking for one type of work and at the end of the work you are submitting another type of job.
Always keep the communication route open to avoid such uncomfortable situations. At the beginning of the discussion, ask the client all the questions you have about the project and encourage the client to ask questions as well. As a result, all the problems will come to the fore in advance and it will be possible to solve them quickly.
So if you want to keep up with the project, keep a note of all the ideas and changes related to the project. The next time you look at those notes, you will understand exactly what the client wants. This is a professional way to manage creative ideas, especially when working together on multiple projects with the same client or different clients. 

• Like 122
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 11

On 11/18/2021 at 12:26 PM, soniadesigner33 said:

Most of the time it seems that we fail to understand the main goal of the project. This serious issue should not be avoided in any way. Especially when it is seen that the client is looking for one type of work and at the end of the work you are submitting another type of job.
Always keep the communication route open to avoid such uncomfortable situations. At the beginning of the discussion, ask the client all the questions you have about the project and encourage the client to ask questions as well. As a result, all the problems will come to the fore in advance and it will be possible to solve them quickly.
So if you want to keep up with the project, keep a note of all the ideas and changes related to the project. The next time you look at those notes, you will understand exactly what the client wants. This is a professional way to manage creative ideas, especially when working together on multiple projects with the same client or different clients.

Thanks so much for that 

what if the clients decide to change the scope of the project after working on it and almost done

• Like 62
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Most of us freelancers have heard about customer satisfaction. We have enough knowledge about it. Here I am sharing some points of my knowledge with you...

1. As the client is paying for his work it is his right to get proper service & he will make sure of it. It is important for my career as well as my reputation on Fiverr.
  2. I should be always try to be humble during conversations. Sometimes my mood may be bitter for any reason like personal or anything. I must not leave any reflection on the conversation with the client of it.
  3. I should have read the customer's requirements attentively I might read it 2 or 3 times if needed & just try to understand what his need is. This is could be the mainstream for providing the best service.
  4. Sometimes clients may unable to make me understand their needs. But I should not make him regret about this I can give him more options under the circumstances and make him try to select the best he wants. For example, he/she is unable to make me understand any design of anything but he/she can imagine it but can't properly describe it to me so I can send him some demos under his pieces of information & from those demos the client can choose the best he/she wants. This is very helpful for both of us to understand the need.
  5. A good relationship with clients is my long-term investment kind of. Because my name or face would be forgotten by the client but the best service I gave him is like the test that you have had any delicious food. I think you understood what I want to express. So, good service is the main goal for building a good relationship.
  6. Most importantly clients have vast options for their work so they expect a best service from the seller. And I have to win on this.

That's all for today. I have just shared my thoughts on it & I have left few points of my thoughts on it because I want to hear more from you guys I want to know how do you think on this matter and all of your respective opinions. So, let me know your thoughts. And, I apologize for my mistakes.

Thanks,

Dewan Madhurjjo.

• Like 87
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 9

2 hours ago, dewan_madhurjjo said:

Sometimes clients may unable to make me understand their needs.

This is particularly important as we deal with customers from all over the world.  It is very common to work with people who have native languages different than our own, with different customs, and different ways of expressing themselves.  Please be patient and work with your buyer to get through the challenges and you will both benefit greatly. 

• Like 65
  • Congrats! 5

• 2 months later...
On 11/23/2021 at 8:39 PM, tom_creative_ said:

Thanks so much for that 

what if the clients decide to change the scope of the project after working on it and almost done

I also face this trouble sometimes. When I face this trouble I try to convince my client and try to understand his/her problem. And then I try to fix the problem. But there are some clients too who don't want any solution but canceling the order! Actually they're not real client, they're reseller or idea collector. You can't make them convinced with your service. So then I contact Fiverr Resolution and ask for the cancelation. Thank you. -GraFixBD  

• Like 44

• 4 weeks later...

Treating buyers with professionalism and respect is paramount. Clear and prompt communication is key, to ensuring clients understand services and expectations. Delivering high-quality work on time, being open to revisions, and addressing concerns promptly contribute to positive client relationships. Professional conduct, gratitude, and protecting client confidentiality are essential elements. In the face of disputes, maintaining a calm and professional demeanor is crucial. 

Thank you 🙂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Unleashing the Power of ‘Why’ in Sales Calls

Disclaimer: The content of this post was partially created with the assistance of ChatGPT.

Weekly Sales Tips Introduction
Welcome to the launch of my Weekly Sales Tips series! Each week, I'll be sharing a nugget of wisdom from my decade-long journey in the sales industry. These tips are gleaned from real-world experiences and designed to give you actionable insights to enhance your sales skills. Whether you're just starting out or are a seasoned professional, these tips are meant to spark a transformation in your sales approach. So, make sure to check in weekly and let's propel your sales success together!

Sales Tip

It may seem basic, but the cornerstone of success in sales calls is mastering the art of asking the right questions. It's not just about the questions themselves; it's about demonstrating genuine interest, actively listening to the client, and striving to understand their needs on a deeper level. A few years ago, I developed what I call the 'Golden Questions Duo,' applicable to any product or service you're selling.

First, ask, "What do you find most important about (the product/service)?" Then, no matter their response, follow up with the key question: "And why do you find that the most important?"

The 'Why' unlocks the true motivation behind the customer's needs, transcending mere facts to reveal their deeper buying motives. For instance:

You: What do you find most important about a mobile phone?
Customer: A durable battery is essential to me.

Here, you only get surface information. But when you ask why:

You: And why is a durable battery important to you?
Customer: I really like playing games on my phone and enjoy watching videos during travel. It's frustrating when my battery dies mid-journey because I forgot to charge it.

Now you’ve struck gold—this insight is invaluable for tailoring your pitch to close the deal effectively. Let's see how this can transform your pitch:

• Example 1 (Using only the 'What'):
    • You say, "I understand a durable battery is vital for you. Let's consider the iPhone 12—it's known for its long-lasting battery, capable of running up to 20 hours per charge."

• Example 2 (Incorporating the 'Why'):
    • You deepen the pitch, "Since you're passionate about gaming and enjoy videos on your frequent travels, the iPhone 12 is ideal. Not only does it have the endurance for those long journeys with its durable battery, but its high-definition screen will elevate your gaming and viewing experiences. The iPhone 12 ensures you remain powered up for all your entertainment needs—no more interruptions on the go.That sounds amazing, right?

In closing, the art of the sale is not just in the questions we ask, but in our genuine interest in the answers. By delving into the 'why' behind our clients' needs, we unlock a deeper understanding that allows us to tailor our solutions more effectively, transforming a simple sales call into a meaningful connection. My goal with these Weekly Sales Tips is not just to share strategies, but to inspire a more insightful, empathetic approach to sales. I hope this tip encourages you to explore beyond the surface in your sales interactions, leading to more successful outcomes and satisfied customers. Let's journey together towards sales excellence, one question at a time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🔍 Engagement Question: How do you ensure your questions lead to meaningful conversations with clients? Share your strategies below.

📝 Share Your Story: Has a particular question ever changed the course of your sales call? I'd love to hear about it!

🔧 Offer for Feedback: If you want to refine your questioning technique, comment with your approach, and I’ll provide some constructive feedback.

🔄 Next Week's Teaser: Stay tuned for next week's tip where we'll explore how to build on the insights gained from the 'Why' to craft an irresistible offer. Plus, I'll share some of the best insights from your comments!

Remember, sales is about connection. By understanding the 'why' behind a client's needs, you’re not just selling; you’re serving. That’s how deals are won.

• Like 5