Petition to remove 'Response Rate' [ARCHIVED]

I received a string of messages today from another seller who just wanted to chat. Normally I wouldn’t mind this, but the seller had completely copied one of my gigs, word-for-word, as well as my gig’s image.

So, I now have to sit and reply to every message that I receive from this fraudster, simply because an unreliable metric tells me to do so.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fiverr must be losing it. This has to be one of the worse features ever.

I get daily messages that need to be ignored, not encouraged. But with this new feature, I feel obligated to reply and reply and reply.

Just now I got a message from a guy who said:

Message: "can you send me all your images you use for your gig"

I said "sorry, I can’t do"

Reply "what, why not, what’s your problem"

Normally I would ignore and not reply and it would end here. But with Fiverr’s new feature I felt obligated to reply.

I said "I don’t give away my images for free for others to use, sorry"

He replied and it goes on and on.

I WANT TO IGNORE. I TRIED TO BLOCK HIM BUT MY BLOCK FEATURE DOESN’T WORK.

Yippie, I have more messages in my inbox and there will be some spam and more unreasonable requests that I need to reply to or Fiverr will ding me. Thanks fiverr.

If we could reply and at least block them to end the string of craziness that would help but every one I blocked, I still got messages from.

As it stands now, you got to make sure you get the last word in or you will be dinged. If they say thank you, reply and say welcome. If they say “jump off the roof” reply and say “doing it now”.

Why is Fiverr providing spammers the tools to make their job easier?

Reply to @jtengle: Yeah, it’s not very helpful. It doesn’t give you the option to mutually cancel an order, or even add a message in response to jobs in the buyer request area. Plus, I don’t feel the messages are actually count as “read” until you look at them on the computer.

Even though I have been replying to every message I have gotten within the past two days (and I always have the final word) my response rate is still stuck at 50%. I find it ridiculous that Fiverr is using a broken system to influence Gig visibility on their website.

And to anyone wondering, I’m pretty positive a low response rate negatively affects you. At least that’s what I gathered from the Fiverr blog post:

"Responsiveness influences the traffic that sellers receive, so sellers who want to grow their businesses should prioritize keeping a good response time and rate. Use the following tips and suggestions for responding quickly and effectively to some common issues: - See more at: http://blog.fiverr.com/everything-need-know-response-time-rates/#sthash.95hwEoMs.dpuf

I also find their “solutions” to a late response (or not responding to messages at all) asinine.

"Oh? You can’t be in front of your computer all day long? Just get the Fiverr App for your phone!"

Really? That’s going on the assumption that everyone on this site uses a smart phone, and that everyone who uses a smart phone has the unlimited data to constantly be browsing the website.

Sigh.

Well, that was a longer rant than I meant it to be, but there you go.

http://blog.fiverr.com/wp-content/themes/extranews/images/icons/social/e_light.png

Home - Official Fiverr Blog

http://blog.fiverr.com

I don’t really mind it if it’s programmed well. This feature should only consider new messages and not replies. The problem starts to become a problem if the replies go back and forth. I always answer quickly to messages if possible, but if the score is also based on replies to replies, then its useless because people often just say “thanks” and then you are forced to reply.

It would make most sense if only the first reply is counted to see how sellers perform to reply to new queries. If replies to replies count, then it makes no sense as it would mean it’s a waste of time, cause it makes no sense to always reply with spam like “you are welcome” just to get a “you too” and then having to reply again… that would be a real time-waster…

The “response rate” feature is total crap.

I had to tend to some business that took a day and a half and because of that , I went from a 100% response rate down to less than 80% because my gigs are well saught after and I get tons of messages.

This feature is taking money from not only myself but from fiverr itself and is hands down the dumbest statistic available to the buyers by far.

Response TIME is a better one to show in its place.

Fiverr wants us in their life. Our gigs deliver the revenue. We pay fees, they add processing fees, they want us to use them outside of Fiverr to expose our services, and what we receive in return is a certain amount of impressions when people search for gigs. Sure, I make some money on here but I am irritated by their “arrogance” that seems to mimic guys like Facebook that you just can’t speak to directly. If you log CS tickets, you go “into the queue”, etc etc.

Recently I couldn’t even get a response to a technical glitch during a “live gig”, so the timer was ticking away and I was in a queue somewhere trying to resolve a technical issue preventing the client from submitting certain parts of info.

This new “response time” gadget dropped from 100% to 67% when it got implemented, and honestly, I couldn’t care less. Like you said in the main post, I respond to actual buyers immediately and I get great reviews - so this little gadget of theirs makes no sense. I am sick of responding to spammers - and these quick responses still takes time to send. Maybe, and that is a huge maybe, it could be supported if it resulted in inactive sellers being put on “automatic vacation” so that active sellers could get more exposure, but we all know the chances of that happening. So the feature serves absolutely no purpose.

I am 100% with you - they should get rid of it. Also, response times is being affected by this crap. Because I don’t respond to spam messages immediately - or at least didn’t do so in the last 30 days, I have a 9 hour average response time on my profile while I know that I don’t keep people waiting that long. I have the app downloaded and I respond to real buyers much faster as I obviously want their business again. If I myself go looking at gigs, I take that “response time” into account if I am in a hurry.

So shelve it, shove it, ship it - do whatever they want with it, but get it out of our faces.

OMG! I just received the most profane email from some random person - not a client just a random person. I have a great response rate and a great rating and I don’t want some mean spirited person who is sending profanity emails to be the reason my response rate goes down!! I am NOT responding to that kind of stuff and I emailed Fiverr b/c there is no way to report such misuse as I am aware of. I am by no means a squeaky clean mouth when I get mad but they used words I don’t even think to use! Not only should they get rid of response rate but also have a way to report users who send hateful emails just cause and spammers. I can’t believe they don’t have a “report user” function or similar. Was just really appalled this morning as it was the first thing I saw and then the thought of it dragging down my rating b/c they have nothing in place to handle such things. grrrrrrr. Thank you for your post - totally made me feel that I am not alone in this.

Thanks!

Time to get rid of this - I am positive it is impacting my sales - I was wondering why the past few days it has been a ghost town. Sure enough I looked and I am at 50% & I have responded to everyone…with the exception of one spam I just plain deleted. This is lame.

Archived