I made another poll because I literally have nothing better to do right now.   

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this book?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm a root vegetable with a rude shape and people keep laughing at me :(
  2. 2. Will you use this with your new buyers or will this sit in the downloads folder you have on your desktop that's full of 💩 that you never end up using or reading?

• Yes
    • 💩
    • I prefer being a potato to a rudely-shaped root vegetable, actually
  3. 3. Showdown time! Which of these three absolute TITANS would win in a 3-way fight to the 💀?

• Rudely-shaped root vegetable
    • Mr Potato Head (with all accessories)
    • Fiverr Neo

UPDATED LINK

Here is my new ebook, the unexcitingly but vaguely SEO-optimized Fluff-Free Guide for New Fiverr Buyers. Hey, it's a forum, it'll be on page 1 of Google tomorrow and spot 1 probably next week. I just need to spam the keyword a bit, like so: it's a fluff-free guide for new buyers on Fiverr!

could say this book will change your life, but you're not a new buyer on Fiverr. You're a tired and embattled seller who wishes someone would cut you a break for once in your miserable freelancing life. 

Or you're just looking for freebies and a healthy and emotionally-stable person. Sometimes, anyway. 

But telling you that this ebook will change your life would be a lie, and unlike certain multi-million dollar corporations who shall not be named to save their beetroot-red blushing, I don't tell little fibs to my userbase. 

I tell bigger fibs. But that's another story. 

What I will say is that this ebook is going to help you with any buyers you get who are new to Fiverr. And I mean "fresh off the boat" new. The kind that Fiverr algorithm loves. You make them happy, Fiverr algorithm loves you. If you're really good, your success score might improve. 

And you can have all of this for free. Am I mad? Have I gone insane? Why am I offering this?

I'm sure you'll figure it out. Back to the new Fiverr buyers who will squeal with delight when you toss this mediocrely-designed but free ebook that does at least make good use of white space their way.

They'll understand how the revision button works, for starters.

And yes, of course I discuss the new review system. I even note that it's in a state of flux, just to hedge my bets on the random tests going on at the moment. 

There's other stuff too, but those are just two seller-friendly tips I snuck into an ebook that is very much directed at improving a buyer's lot. Because unlike ChatGPT - which had no part in writing this - I know how to write things that way. 

There's no fast-paced anythings, and you can forget top-notch writing. Typos? Yeah, probably. Proofreading is very boring. 

This book will save you a lot of time explaining all those annoying and obvious things. Just give them the book instead. 

The only thing I can't give you is a buyer who reads. You're on your own for that one. 

That about wraps it up really. Take a look, let me know what you think. Oh, yes, and here's the CS approval if anyone's wondering about that. But you should check in with them yourself if you're not feeling 100% about it. CS generally works a lot better before the issue than after the issue...  

image.png.34ea6701f7071de9999c1c9e83c2fe58.png

I will update this post whenever I update the ebook, so bookmark it if you want to use this as a resource with your buyers. I am also open to suggestions for improvement, inc. the typos and broken links that bedevil me wherever I go. 

For those of you who have stumbled across this and have no idea who I am (tsk), I've been on Fiverr for over a decade. I was very successful and now I'm not anymore, so I made this ebook with the acres of free time I have as a busy Pro-Verified TRS Seller in the Enterprise, Pro, and Certified catalogs making... well, nowhere near as much as you think I might, I can tell you that much. In my spare time - of which I clearly have a lot - I enjoy vigorously criticising the platform's latest bad decision and praising the Lord for his bountiful domain, as mysterious as His bounties may be. 

fluff-free-guide-for-new-fiverr-buyers.pdf

If the ebook doesn't work, here is a WeTransfer link (expired - use link at top of post) that will expire on April 10 because idk, I literally just signed up since it's the only PDF sharing thing I can see on the approved website list. 

Edited by emmaki
updated link
  • Like 9
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, emmaki said:

It looks exactly like the type of link I wouldn't click on, though!

Neither would I, normally, but since it's you...

Page 11: Should Fiverr's has recently changed... Be Fiverr has recently changed?

And that would be a total of one typo. 😸

35 minutes ago, emmaki said:

They'll understand how the revision button works, for starters.

I haven't seen anything about the revision button. Have I missed it somehow? (Adding that the revision button is for revisions, and that questions can be asked by typing into the box on the order page, might help; unless you already did that and I'm too tired to notice it)

Overall, well done! 🙂 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, catwriter said:

And that would be a total of one typo. 😸

Excellent typo-spotting eye! I knew there were typos. 

I could make the whole revision thing a bit more obvious, but it's there! The main point is pay for extra revisions. 

image.png.1e6d3d937136c1f3c91f6f0cb82782f2.png

Thx for the feedback 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, emmaki said:

I could make the whole revision thing a bit more obvious, but it's there! The main point is pay for extra revisions. 

Got it, and when you point it out, it works fine.

What confused me was that you said "how the revision button works", and I immediately thought of buyers who use it to ask questions instead of, well, requesting revisions.

• Like 6

Sadly, my ebook designing software wouldn't let me place the cactus exactly where I wanted it. 

But I'm glad someone loves my poorly-placed cactus and its subliminal messaging. 🙂

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Sadly, my ebook designing software wouldn't let me place the cactus exactly where I wanted it. 

But I'm glad someone loves my poorly-placed cactus and its subliminal messaging. 🙂

It was absolutely magnificent. I laughed in a shaking slightly uncrontrolled manner – some might even call it borderline maniacal – to the point of tipping over my nightly Red Bull Zero. 

I've now finished your book, and I like it. And no GPT in sight. We should get it translated into multiple languages. 

• Like 4
  • Up 5

I think this is great, nice work @emmaki!

I wanted to check something... 

Is the following now true:

If you are unhappy with the quality of work a seller delivers, you can request a
cancellation

I always thought previously quality of work wasn't a justifiable reason to cancel, but I recall some recent CS message that said it was, but has the ToS now changed too?

I suppose quality is subjective, and unscrupulous buyers could take advantage of this.

• Like 4

That's satisfaction - you can't cancel based on satisfaction. That's why I highlighted the mountain picture in the AI section as an example. I think I may tweak that bit to mention using the resolution center and "talking" to the seller, but ultimately, my view is that best practice with the current system is to cancel. I didn't before. But now, considering that you get reviews and you probably want a better review so your future income doesn't tank and your "conflict resolution" score stays higher, use partial cancellations to salvage as much as you can and get a good review. But this is very much at the seller's own discretion. All of that is while knowing which words to avoid so the AI bot detects that you are a master negotiator. I can't imagine the word list is very sophisticated.

If I wrote all my tactics in the ebook, it would not be free 🙂 And it certainly wouldn't be for buyers! Given that the top "course" for Fiverr sellers is $200 on "how to sign up for Fiverr from a UGC creator who frequently appears on the @Fiverr twitter (which is down wid da kidz) and also spammed the recent webinars explaining the new system (before the comments got shut down over political spam), you can only imagine the headshaking I'm doing over here. 

Tangent aside, the issue is that this rule is applied very unevenly. I believe it was @levinewman who was told (after an order was cancelled by CS) that there were "other metrics" - that were not disclosed - that could be used to cancel an order that had been completed according to the visible TOS (i.e. everything requested was there). 

image.png.c291d208751c8b7116497259502ee926.png

The problem here isn't so much the TOS, which is clear, but Fiverr's own application of it. Of course, the updated TOS has forgotten that partial cancellations exist (all of these screenshots are taken from the payment page of TOS): 

image.png.47dfad3113d9361712dbf22ec12ea6ba.png

I wonder when someone is going to fix the PDF so I don't need to use the dodgy-looking shortlink. I can understand why it is normally disabled, but isn't there an on/off switch for cases like this? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I love it, @emmaki! Great use of negative space and a much better color scheme than Fiverr's new design.

I think your buyers will appreciate it, too!

I like how you mentioned how Fiverr handles the payments - many buyers think sellers get paid as soon as the order is placed (and don't realize that Fiverr takes off 20% from the top and the seller might not get the payment until 14 days after the order closes). Some buyers also think that sellers can see and quote in their currency and that the seller is sending them annoying reminders to tip.

Most of my buyers have questions about buttons that they see, so that's why I always save screenshots of my experiences whenever I buy.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

Posted (edited)

Good points, I'll add those in about the payments and stuff - one of the things this guide is trying to do is to separate Fiverr's annoying stuff so it doesn't end up impacting sellers, and the tip reminder is definitely one of those things.

I cannot take credit for the design (other than the cactus)!

Since the WeTransfer link will expire on the 10th, I'll probably have an updated file then. Or "edition two" if I wanted to be precious about it 😉

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 8