Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

29 minutes ago, johnparsons01 said:

I received notification that yes - there is something of a bell curve at play here.  Also noticed that my score dropped another point overnight. Anyone else?

Over the last 10 days, since the 14th, I completed something like 23.... 5 star orders, and two 4.7 star orders because even with high praise and tips, the value apparently just wasn't there.

Nobody can operate successfully under these standards, nobody knows where they stand day to day. We follow the rules set out by Fiverr and we lose score.

I really.... really hate to say it, but I feel like ordering that resume gig last week was the absolute right thing to do for myself, and it sucks cause I love this site :( 

Edited by cal5086
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, cal5086 said:

I completed something like 23.... 5 star orders, and two 4.7 star orders because even with high praise and tips, the value apparently just wasn't there.

Nobody can operate successfully under these standards, nobody knows where they stand day to day. We follow the rules set out by Fiverr and we lose score.

I really.... really hate to say it, but I feel like ordering that resume gig last week was the absolute right thing to do for myself, and it sucks cause I love this site 😞

100% this.
I recently came back to Fiverr after a hiatus, and right before the new level system came out I was 5% from getting back to level 1. They unveil the new leveling system and Im farther away than I have ever been. 
Absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

Some people have reported seeing a drop in success score. I had several of my lower scores gigs drop from an 8 to a 7 but luckily they are my lower traffic gigs too, so it didn’t visibly affect my aggregate score. I wish they would add a decimal point though, so we know roughly where we are.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, katherinasim said:

My success score dropped to 5 today as well. I have deleted "2 gigs with negative effect", and successfully completed many orders lately, trying my best. As a result, my score dropped -1 in ALL gigs.

Very nice motivation Fiverr. Thank you

My score dropped from 6 points to 4 in a week, even though I didn't even close more than one order.
The system works by itself))))

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1

My first guess was that this irrational Success Score calculation was done by an erroneous AI. But I argued Fiverr couldn't make such a mistake. Only then did it occur to me.

This is Fiverr’s way of Constructive Termination. Constructive termination is a situation where the employee is forced to leave or quit his/her job not because they want to, but because of the employer’s conduct. The resignation could be the result of bad working conditions or changes in terms of employment which leave the employee with no other choice but to quit.

And kudos to Fiverr for achieving their goal.👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

• Like 7
  • Up 2

19 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

Some people have reported seeing a drop in success score. I had several of my lower scores gigs drop from an 8 to a 7 but luckily they are my lower traffic gigs too, so it didn’t visibly affect my aggregate score. I wish they would add a decimal point though, so we know roughly where we are.

My score went from 6 to 5, I only have 1 gig, and I delivered at least 15 orders in the last 10 days , all more than 24 hours before the deadline (and even more); nobody asked for a revision, and the ones that gave me a review all gave me 5 stars. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Just want to say thanks for taking the pressure off getting a perfect 5/5 by absolutely destroying my mental health.

I complete several jobs a day and I’m worried every time I deliver one now.

After 11k jobs completed, 5 star average, I’m no longer sure it’s a sustainable lifestyle to stay on the platform.

Sorry to anyone going through it.

Look after yourselves.

• Like 12
  • Sad 3
  • Up 3

15 minutes ago, priyan87 said:

This is Fiverr’s way of Constructive Termination. Constructive termination is a situation where the employee is forced to leave or quit his/her job not because they want to, but because of the employer’s conduct. The resignation could be the result of bad working conditions or changes in terms of employment which leave the employee with no other choice but to quit.

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs 🥰

• Like 6
  • Up 5

Hi, Fiverr team and Fiverr Forum members!

I have a query about my gig success score changed from '9' to '-'. It was showing 9 success score on my gig "do mobile app ui design or any ui ux design in figma and xd" but today I see it shows only '-' in the success score? why it is changed this so suddenly? 

I have attached both screen shots for reference of success score changes.

Now the new score is showing 3 overall and on each gig also 3, it was 4 before.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 9.33.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 11.12.30 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 10.29.43 AM.png

• Like 7
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, lukesdesigns said:

All of this is happening while new Sellers like this: https://www.fiverr.com/team_scorpions1 are displaying AI generated and fake images with no reviews or past orders and receiving PRO status.

What on Earth is going on?

Fiverr is in love, enamored and absolutely spellbound by AI like a 13 year old boy with a new video game. They promote it and also use it to "improve" things like the ratings system.  As for PRO, that lost it's meaning about a year ago when they started giving it to anyone and everyone, even people who were not interested in PRO, were not vetted and were surprised to see the badge slapped on their profile. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Up 4

Nothing to say. At first she had a gig with 8 and another with 4. Now the one with 8 is shown as "--" and the one with 4 is down to 3.. See you underground

52 minutes ago, hamzakhan578 said:

Hi, Fiverr team and Fiverr Forum members!

I have a query about my gig success score changed from '9' to '-'. It was showing 9 success score on my gig "do mobile app ui design or any ui ux design in figma and xd" but today I see it shows only '-' in the success score? why it is changed this so suddenly? 

I have attached both screen shots for reference of success score changes.

Now the new score is showing 3 overall and on each gig also 3, it was 4 before.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 9.33.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 11.12.30 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 10.29.43 AM.png

• Like 7
  • Up 1

On 2/23/2024 at 1:00 AM, carineb said:

No Fiverr member has commented on the answers to the 3 questions in the customer satisfaction questionnaire, which now jump directly from "Average" to "Very Good".
I really don't understand why there's no nuance between average and very good!

"Very Good" is now worth 4 stars, whereas "Very good" used to be worth 5 stars. The number of stars required to maintain our Level must be lowered accordingly!

I notice that Fiverr has understood for the CS questionnaire that it is important to have a nuance between Average and Very Satisfied... 

1 Seller.JPG

1 CS.JPG

I've thought about this so much over the last 10 days.

The score system we basically have, is 4 thumbs down and 1 thumbs up.

There is absolutely no other way to look at it. The only scores that should make you lose anything are very poor and poor. Average would elicit no change and very good and exceptional all make you go up.

They could replace the whole system with a simple thumbs up and thumbs down and it would make more sense and be more fair then what they have now.

Edited by cal5086
spelling
  • Like 7
  • Up 4

Did we ever get a concrete (transparent) answer on whether deleting a low performing gig will have a positive influence on the overall success score?

I have a few gigs that I'd happily sacrifice for a positive influence on the success score, but they do occasionally bear fruit, so I'd rather keep them if it makes no difference.

Thanks

• Like 6
  • Up 3

5 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

Did we ever get a concrete (transparent) answer on whether deleting a low performing gig will have a positive influence on the overall success score?

I have a few gigs that I'd happily sacrifice for a positive influence on the success score, but they do occasionally bear fruit, so I'd rather keep them if it makes no difference.

Thanks

Don't delete any gigs. I deleted one 'low performing' gig with a success score of 6. I didn't change anything in terms of the overall success score. That gig was even promoted by Fiverr, I guess they decided it was worthy to be promoted. 

Edited by palmreader37
  • Like 7
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

Thanks

Speaking of this.

Has anyone found ANYTHING that IS helpful? That is actually in OUR hands?

• Like 9
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, huntertreat14 said:

That is actually in OUR hands?

I'd suggest turning on the "Request to Order" feature if you can. This means the buyer has to reach out to you before they can place an order. It helps to have a conversation and get an idea of what you offer and what the client might expect from you before even starting an order.

• Like 7
  • Up 6

Just now, dereck_s said:

I'd suggest turning on the "Request to Order" feature if you can. This means the buyer has to reach out to you before they can place an order. It helps to have a conversation and get an idea of what you offer and what the client might expect from you before even starting an order.

Ill look into that and see if it makes a difference. Anything at this point cant hurt more than it already is.
Thank you.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, dereck_s said:

Can I ask if you've found that fewer people order?  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, arianelaurent said:

It's too early to tell because when you edit your gig in any capacity it resets your "Metadata" which causes your impressions to take a big hit initially.

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, dereck_s said:

This is the best feature Fiverr ever got for us. RTO has eliminated the hassles I had with buyers who ordered something I didn't offer, buyers who had obviously not taken the time to read what I provide. It has also made cancellations a headache of the past for me.

4 minutes ago, arianelaurent said:

I haven't experienced a dropoff in contacts or orders from buyers.

• Like 10
  • Up 4