Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

2 hours ago, emmaki said:

I think Fiverr wants to achieve a few things that it can't really do by brute force:

Plan:

1) In August, it promised Pro sellers they would have more visibility with the new marketplace

2) It wants to go upmarket (bigger clients, more money,  less orders, fewer problems)

3) Eliminate pesky 5-star reviews

4) Ker-ching! 

Problem:

1) Fiverr has a lot of rubbish sellers with 5 star reviews

2) Private reviews didn't fix the issue

3) The introduction of Pro was a botched job full of not-really-Pros (by IRL standards in the West)

Bigger Problem

1) A lot of those sellers are from you-know-wheres, using VPNs/ granny's ID/ on account number 6 

2) DAC7 ( read "big fines") 

3) You can't just ban a bunch of people from you-know-wheres without an enormous PR storm

SOLUTION

4) But you can use AI to solve the 5 star problem, DAC7 as an excuse to crack down on VPN, and success scores to boot out random people for whatever reason and blame AI 

5) You can also create an wildly uneven gig allowance so that eventually, Pro gigs "flood" the marketplace instead of "low quality gigs" from "low quality sellers" 

6) "Bad sellers" leave platform for various reasons: cannot get approved as seller / giving up or frustration or whatever / decreasing pool of granny IDs to use along with avoiding other fingerprints that AI won't detect

End result = Fiverr's talent pool gets the facelift Fiverr wants without the PR storm. Fiverr accepts the loss of some good sellers as a calculated risk; more will file in anyway, and with the new system in place, they should be higher quality. 

BONUS: random SS fluctuations are just a part of this strategy. Get sellers to voluntarily get rid of unwanted gigs. 

Obviously, slap your best sellers that you don't want to lose into the safe pile so they really have to fail to get dinged.

Ahh... so this is nothing more than a money grab to get rid of people who are on the low end of the spectrum... at least that's what I'm getting from this.

All this time, trying to build something- only to have it yanked away in the end.

When I say my gigs are 'poorly performing' that isn't to say that they are below a - star rating- I'm saying they are 'specialty gigs' for that rare customer that may need that niche item.

• Like 4

I've done a lot of project management and product release work in my day, and I gotta say: These people have a heck of a nerve thinking they're qualified to judge anyone else's ability to do pretty much anything.

Next career step for Fiverr's IT Director: "Would you like fries with that?"

• Like 6
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Gig deletion actually helps Fiverr - it kinda unclogs the system and leaves relatively better performing/quality/relevant gigs in the marketplace. 

But now I'm wondering if this was the primary KRA of new system all along!! 🧐

We all got caught up with gig/success scores/levels/metrics etc and lost sight of (their) larger picture.... 🫠

So, impose a punishment for being creative by offering a niche item.
How in the world does it 'help Fiverr'?
They lose absolutely nothing by maintaining a gig.  They get 20% of your profits, they have the server space.

For clarification: When I say 'low performing gig', I didn't mean 'less than 5-stars'.
They are gigs that provide a unique product for that rare client that, on occasion, will swing by.

So all that said, as a voice actor- why on earth would someone create a "Halloween gig" that showcases their talent when it only comes around once a year?  That will inevitably become a 'low performing gig' and thus, will drive down your scoring.

Its ludicrous. 

At this point, EVERYONE should only have 1 gig... and let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

How is this even possible when all my clients use the Star system?
If it's a negative, why are my scores above the criteria of 7??

I have ZERO complaints from my customers, yet, somehow these are showing a "Negative Impact"
How?
Why?
What are the Fiverr gurus using to measure these?
Both of these have 5-Star ratings ACROSS THE BOARD without a single NEGATIVE review.

What sort of game is this?

There is a HUUUUGE DISCONNECT between the reviews and the private survey!
Clients are allowed to have it both ways?  How is that fair?

image.png.7a0e705b777ae23b2867c76a7e5e1bd2.png

Edited by greggidneyvo
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

How can a gig with a strong negative impact in client satisfaction be rated a 9?

How can clients be very dissatisfied with the work, yet very happy with the value for money for said work?

Who knows!

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 00.36.09.png

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2
  • Up 2

6 minutes ago, greggidneyvo said:

How is this even possible when all my clients use the Star system?
If it's a negative, why are my scores above the criteria of 7??

I have ZERO complaints from my customers, yet, somehow these are showing a "Negative Impact"
How?
Why?
Both of these have 5-Star ratings ACROSS THE BOARD without a single NEGATIVE review.

What sort of game is this?

image.png.7a0e705b777ae23b2867c76a7e5e1bd2.png

They will tell you that it is because of the private review system. Where your clients spoke badly about you despite leaving 5 stars and a super enthusiastic review.

• Like 7
  • Up 3

4 minutes ago, greggidneyvo said:

How?
Why?

It is because of the private ratings provided by customers.
You may have wonderful public reviews, however they will give private ratings and may be negative.
Support cannot tell you the comments from private customers as they are private. So, you can only cross your fingers and guess 🥴

• Like 8
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, greggidneyvo said:

How?
Why?

This is what they're using 👇 You're either perfect or else...

PF.jpg.822700690359b36fdd42cd73cb660e9b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 6

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

How can a gig with a strong negative impact in client satisfaction be rated a 9? Who knows!

I would love to have that answer.
There are sellers with worse metrics than me and they have not been affected.
I have been removed from the search results for having a negative impact on delivery. That's how it is.

• Like 2
  • Up 3

4 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

How can a gig with a strong negative impact in client satisfaction be rated a 9?

How can clients be very dissatisfied with the work, yet very happy with the value for money for said work?

Who knows!

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 00.36.09.png

My point exactly!

• Like 4
  • Up 2

Just now, marinanp86 said:

I would love to have that answer.

Even weirder is strong negative impact in satisfaction and strong positive impact in value for money, for the same gig. How's that ever possible?

If I'm dissatisfied with a service, I'll never be happy with its value for money. It's nonsense.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, catwriter said:

And at least warn your users in advance, you don't let them panic first, and then tell them "Oh, hey, iOS users can update their apps now, Android users should wait for the weekend."

Especially when they knew that there was so much anger and distrust surrounding their ability to pull off this March 14th reinvention. All eyes were on them, they knew it, and still phoned it in. If this tells us anything, it is that the incompetence is systemic. 

• Like 9
  • Up 3

6 hours ago, katakatica said:

This is that one message that was sent out to everyone all over again (about our performances dropping.)

Fiverr CARES about us. These little heart attacks only make our ventricles stronger, so that we can live longer to see more system re-designs, levels, cancellations, private reviews and time travel to 70s!! 

ross “I'm fine”" Sticker for Sale by madebykyleigh :) | Friends tv, Friends  sketch, Friends poster

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

On 2/22/2024 at 10:00 PM, carineb said:

No Fiverr member has commented on the answers to the 3 questions in the customer satisfaction questionnaire, which now jump directly from "Average" to "Very Good".
I really don't understand why there's no nuance between average and very good!

"Very Good" is now worth 4 stars, whereas "Very good" used to be worth 5 stars. The number of stars required to maintain our Level must be lowered accordingly!

I notice that Fiverr has understood for the CS questionnaire that it is important to have a nuance between Average and Very Satisfied... 

1 Seller.JPG

1 CS.JPG

People do not understand this and give 4 star. It's happened to me 1-3 times. after the update. actually buyer very happy to my work and give best comment but give 4 star  because of this update.  fiverr need to update it and make it easy for buyer to give feedback.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

8 hours ago, masterpiece_dt said:

Same thing Here. Completed 621 with 5 star rating and now my level was demoted to Level 1.

same thing here.

success score is the only thing about your level. 

from now on we can forget the 5 stars and responding time.

just give the buyer "service" to make sure they will mercifully pick something pleasant to say (choose). NOT RESULT.

• Like 2
  • Up 2

I updated 2 gig categories, added one in a wrong subcategory by mistake, went automatically into pending and was denied...created a new identical gig offering pre-recorded voiceover and music (my own creations). However, Fiverr denied the gig, I got warning and was demoted to level 1 citing platform rules against offering products. Interestingly, similar offerings in my own niche seem to still exist on the platform. This follows a recent success score of 4, which I believe unfairly compares me to sellers offering pre-made content. Previously a Level 2 seller with 556 completed orders and strong reviews, I haven't received new messages or orders in 3 weeks and now I need to wait 4 months. These recent ,,after the fact" platform changes and the denial of my perfectly good pre-made content gig make me wonder if Fiverr is becoming a joke for serious sellers.

Progress on hold.jpg

• Like 2
  • Up 2

2 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Wondering one thing that why the dashboard (mine) is showing 5* rating but the profile is showing 4.9*?

I don't know what should I follow? :classic_huh:

Both frameworks are not extracting data from the same source.

Eventually, they will collate and everything will be 4.9X. 

• Like 2
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, priyank_mod said:

Amid all the chaos, at least got clarity on one thing!! 

Yeah, I got the email last night, and it's the most AI generated email I have ever seen. It doesn't say WHY you were not made a TRS. Instead, it basically says something along the lines that your quality doesn't match what they want from a TRS. At this point I don't even care, it's not like it will make a huge difference aside from a shiny badge and colorful presentation for my profile. I was TRS for years and there's no major sales difference, at least in my niche anyway. But re-evaluating every 6 months, that's brutal 🙂

• Like 5
  • Up 5