Request for Additional Payment Options on Fiverr

ssj1236

Request for Additional Payment Options on Fiverr  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to more payment options like Upwork

is about having more options to choose which way a buyer and seller want to be paid

You can get the money from here in USD and then transform into crypto.

Lol ok what of the buyers who have there funds on cryptocurrency that want direct payment from there cryptocurrency account , and mind you when it involves money you don’t keep your buyers waiting and pondering , you know what I mean 😉

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

That’s an interesting thought.

I just received my first payment in a cryptocurrency this morning at a non-Fiverr platform I’ve been on for years.

I was just thinking that it would be cool if Fiverr were to do the same.

Since it is a publicly traded company, why not create a Fiverr cryptocurrency that could only be used here by Buyers for Sellers?

It could be a good idea and, has already been noted, would likely clamp down on fraud.

I love this idea. I’d be totally behind it - maybe even tie it to fractional stock in the company 😃

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2021 at 2:04 AM, danciornii said:

yes, crypto is everywhere, it cannot be ignored anymore. They need to add crypto on fiverr 100% ! Nowadays you can buy almost anything for bitcoins, but cant pay on fiverr, that’s not ok! I understand that it’s volatile, but a lot of people are already using it, and fiverr should not forget about them. They could accept crypto, and find a way to transfer them automatically into usd. It would already be much more comfortable for the users. It’s ridiculous, nowadays you can even buy a lambo for bitcoins - just 7 bitcoins! (saw it here), but cannot pay on fiverr!!!

Major marketplaces don’t accept crypto because it’s volatile. Companies are not banking on the idea that they keep bitcoin or any crypto aside to generate a large amount of money. As a business, you want a good cashflow and you want to invest money right away. Most crypto ended up taking a hit last week and Bitcoin was down $7000 or whatever.

That’s why you won’t see cryptocurrency options on Fiverr, Amazon or any other major marketplace.

• Like 15

But what if the value suddenly drops an insane amount like it often does with bitcoin. Fiverr could lose millions. Seems risky. I love crypto and I’d love to see decentralized currency widely accepted. But from a business stand point it seems highly risky.

I bought a few bitcoin some years ago for about $200. Now their worth over $100,000 lol

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1

But what if the value suddenly drops an insane amount like it often does with bitcoin. Fiverr could lose millions. Seems risky. I love crypto and I’d love to see decentralized currency widely accepted. But from a business stand point it seems highly risky.

I bought a few bitcoin some years ago for about $200. Now their worth over $100,000 lol

But from a business stand point it seems highly risky.

Exactly what I said above. Businesses, especially large businesses need cashflow. They are not like regular people, waiting for crypto to increase in value.

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello Fiver Community!
Recently, I have been struggling with payment withdrawal and as a result of searching internet, I found it is not only me but a lot of Fiverr freelancers are facing the same issue. PayPal is not available everywhere and Payoneer is getting everyone's accounts blocked in a few months or year.

Right now, Wise ( Previously as TransferWise) is a best alternative for both PayPal and Payoneer. Individual freelancers and agencies are using this service around the world. I am recommending Fiverr members to ask the Fiverr to add this service as a Payment option in Fiverr.

• Like 19

• 1 month later...

A year later many companies and even countries using bitcoin. Would be nice to see BTC Lightning available in fiverr as the transaction-costs are much lower and even faster compared to paypal or any other credit-card usage or bank-transfer AND on top of that no third party can stop my payments...

I would like to see this option in fiverr.

• Like 17

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't agree - the world already has too many cryptocurrencies and all of them are not exactly stable. But that's not the point. Which cryptocurrency should they choose? It will incur additional costs, and the costs will not be on the Fiverr, but on the sellers and the buyers.
Maybe over time they will add it, but you have to understand that this is a very complex process - it's not just a matter of adding a button to a website. It will take time and investment 

• Like 50
  • Up 4