Request for Additional Payment Options on Fiverr

ssj1236

Request for Additional Payment Options on Fiverr  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to more payment options like Upwork

In the past, they had crypto as one of the payment methods for purchasing gigs and withdrawal, but they removed it later on. I have been here for the past 7 years.  Well, I think they should introduce it again. They can pay out in stable coins like USDT or BUSD. I think it might cushion heavy withdrawal fees from Payoneer and bring about competition. I certainly like the option of receiving my withdrawals as USDT or BUSD.

• Like 36

Completely agree. I live in Venezuela, and our Paypal fees are 5.4% + 30 cents of each withdrawal (and add the 20% Fiverr fee to that). If you do the math, it's definitely a problem. We need more payment methods, Paypal is totally outdated. And getting credit cards in this country is almost impossible (and they don't even work). Please Fiverr, add Crypto withdrawals through Binance or add compatibility with Binance Pay. It would completely solve the problem. Thanks

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

Sorry to hear that.. well let's hope that they add additional payment methods.. I doubt if it'd be crypto-related though.. because I remember Fiverr testing crypto as a payment method for buyers briefly before scrapping it off.. this was years back though.. probably because of the volatility.. anyhow fingers crossed I suppose 🤞

• Like 7

Adding Cryptocurrency would just involve extra costs for Fiverr. Then there's also the fact that Crypto is very volatile, and some gigs tend to take 15-20 days or more to complete. By the time those 20 days are over, the cryptocurrency can end up losing a lot of value, take Bitcoin who had a massive drop recently. Fiverr still has to pay you in dollars, the amount that was purchased. And trust me, Fiverr won't take a loss on this.

There are many other reasons, but for the one I said above, I am 99.999999% confident they won't ever add crypto payments unless they go for a stablecoin or something that doesn't lose value.

• Like 29

22 hours ago, joyh97 said:

I'd much prefer they add multicurrency support before they add crypto.

That would be ideal, but then again there are so many currencies that it would be hard to manage and also quite expensive. So unfortunately I doubt this will ever happen.

• Like 19

23 hours ago, leannelrivers said:

Or at least direct to bank account payments like other platforms have. In my experience, that results in better exchange rates and cutting out fees for Paypal and Payoneer. 

I'm in the UK and do have the option for direct bank transfer, but it's super expensive. I lose about $5 per $100 compared to just sending the $ amount in USD directly to paypal and then converting it through Wise, which is what I do. 5% is very steep.

• Like 20
  • Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Entire world is moving so fastly to crypto and we can see so many large companies moving to crypto.   I think we are already late. We should add some crypto withdrawal methods such as USDT, BUSD. They are stablecoins and safe and faster. and extremely lower transaction fees.

Edited by sisarasanal
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I was just thinking a few days ago on the idea that if the online freelance site fiverr allow sellers to withdraw  earnings in crypto would be really beautiful. I read some where that it was possble before but then was stopped why ? ... also, is this a development  we are likely to see in 2022 ?

• Like 8
  • Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to go about they should allow stable coin like USDT, BUSD & other stable it will really because country as set limit of spending On customers' cards. With this, people can transact without any issue.

On 3/19/2022 at 5:04 AM, djnocturno said:

They can add USDT, USDC and other stable coins. 

• Like 17
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...

For those who argue about the instability of cryptocurrencies, that is what stablecoins exist for, they could pay in USDT or BUSD and we would not incur the risks of market volatility.

In addition, the idea would be to keep the current methods and add an option in cryptocurrencies as an additional, so that those who do not like it continue to charge as usual.

Personally, I see it as very necessary because I have lost up to 20% in fees with current methods and in crypto I would receive almost full money

• Like 12
  • Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cryptocurrency as a means of payment is a threat to national currencies, so governments of economically developed countries will never allow cryptocurrency to become a legal means of payment. In addition, cryptocurrency is quite difficult to trace, so it will be necessary to reform the tax system.

• Like 12
  • Up 2