Request for Additional Payment Options on Fiverr

ssj1236

Request for Additional Payment Options on Fiverr  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to more payment options like Upwork

Seen that cryptocurrencies are moving fast in acceptance , is it not a good idea fiverr should be the first freelence site that accept cryptocurrencies, that will also boast there reach

that will also boast there reach

Fiverr already boasts about their reach. Take their Super Bowl ad for instance.

• Like 16
  • Up 1

that will also boast there reach

Fiverr already boasts about their reach. Take their Super Bowl ad for instance.

Yes that thru but seen that no other freelence have this as there pay to pay pay in method I think it will push more and make others how love crypto transaction will definitely want to get service hear on fiverr

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I am pretty sure they will not accept crypto for many reasons. The main one is Crypto is highly volatile. Valve for example accepted crypto for a while, then they removed it because it was super volatile. So I can’t see them accepting it here.

Even dollar is volatile you know 😉

• Like 14

You do realize bitcoin went from 40k to 30k in less than a day. That’s true volatility. Every currency can be volatile, but not like crypto…

Do you realize that that same bitcoin went real quick from 0 to 100 acceleration 😉 don’t be scared bro it is what it is you loss and you gain same with flat (doller) , do you know the value of dollars not same last 10 years

• Like 14

You do realize bitcoin went from 40k to 30k in less than a day. That’s true volatility. Every currency can be volatile, but not like crypto…

Tether is 1 to 1, not all crypto is bitcoin.

But with a crypto coin you won’t deal with scammers, it’s quite an issue on freelancing platforms. Just a thought.

• Like 13

That’s an interesting thought.

I just received my first payment in a cryptocurrency this morning at a non-Fiverr platform I’ve been on for years.

I was just thinking that it would be cool if Fiverr were to do the same.

Since it is a publicly traded company, why not create a Fiverr cryptocurrency that could only be used here by Buyers for Sellers?

It could be a good idea and, has already been noted, would likely clamp down on fraud.

• Like 17

That’s an interesting thought.

I just received my first payment in a cryptocurrency this morning at a non-Fiverr platform I’ve been on for years.

I was just thinking that it would be cool if Fiverr were to do the same.

Since it is a publicly traded company, why not create a Fiverr cryptocurrency that could only be used here by Buyers for Sellers?

It could be a good idea and, has already been noted, would likely clamp down on fraud.

That the idea 💡 fiverr will make more money apart from there 20% gain they get from finished transaction and this will make them invest more in reaching out to new buyers making we sallers have more work on deck , this thing called crypto is really given a sign that is hear to stay and if you get involve in it as quick as possible you gain more before it saturate

• Like 14

People have been asking about this for 3+ years on here it seems, but nothing ever materialised. I said this recently elsewhere:

Cryptocurrencies aren’t mainstream or accessible enough yet. Heck, it’s been over a decade of Bitcoin so far and most of the world won’t even be able to have it in their PayPal balance by the end of 2021. It’s the e-ink of finance.
I doubt that there’s even been a single person among the millions of buyers in the last year who have also thought “damn, I would’ve really bought this 20$ gig if I could’ve used my crypto wallet”.

Not a priority at the moment.

Would it cost much to implement a payment method accepting bitcoin on Fiverr?

IMO, yes. I can only see Fiverr spending some of their budget to get the right people and technology on board far from now.

The only way it can happen soon is if PayPal, which Fiverr is partnered with, does something to alleviate the expense load. Otherwise it’s going to take time or take off very slowly.

• Like 13

Do you realize that that same bitcoin went real quick from 0 to 100 acceleration 😉 don’t be scared bro it is what it is you loss and you gain same with flat (doller) , do you know the value of dollars not same last 10 years

What you don’t get about this situation is that it’s not about me and my savings.

It’s about Fiverr. This is a company that wants profits now. They don’t sit on their money for years, they have staff, investments they make, they just announced they bought a new business today. So, they don’t sit on Bitcoin to see if their investments are good or not. Plus, it would be a financial mess for them to include this and then see their money devalue, then increase in price and so on within just a few days.

That’s why most large businesses don’t support bitcoin. Amazon doesn’t, Fiverr doesn’t, and I can share many others SO…

• Like 13

What you don’t get about this situation is that it’s not about me and my savings.

It’s about Fiverr. This is a company that wants profits now. They don’t sit on their money for years, they have staff, investments they make, they just announced they bought a new business today. So, they don’t sit on Bitcoin to see if their investments are good or not. Plus, it would be a financial mess for them to include this and then see their money devalue, then increase in price and so on within just a few days.

That’s why most large businesses don’t support bitcoin. Amazon doesn’t, Fiverr doesn’t, and I can share many others SO…

Please don’t get this wrong , this situation is not about fiverr saving there funds as a cryptocurrencies , is about having more options to choose which way a buyer and seller want to be paid , just like when you change your currencies from dollar to pounds or euro in your dashboard on fiverr , knowing fully that the value varies in currencies, example is when a Uk buyer who pays in pounds of 38 pounds but I receive the equivalent of this order in my preferred currency and that is doller , so now if there is an option I want to be paid on bitcoin they should be an option to that value been ordered of my service, I hope you get the idea 💡

• Like 12

But the cryptocurrencies are banned in some countries like in mine its not allowed

That why I said there are other options to pick , pick the one that is suitable for you it must not be bitcoin or cryptocurrency, it just more options for people who have there funds saved in crypto currency

• Like 10
  • Congrats! 1